• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my best friend

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For fun, some mental exercise, and to finally decide on her type because sometimes I wonder if she could be something else.

-Her free time is almost always spent doing something with friends. She loves to go to parties, dress up, get hammered, and have a good time.

-She's positive but with a fire inside. She's energetic, self-confident, second-guesses others before herself, and she doesn't really blend in with the crowd.

-She can get so caught up in what's going on in her immediate surroundings that she isn't really good at checking back in with her friends that aren't around.

-Not too concerned with academic success. Doesn't respect the teacher unless she likes him/her as a person, but still marches to the beat of her own drum.

-Her main goal in life seems to be to have fun and be happy. She's not very vocal about her vulnerabilities, and she often withdraws and doesn't talk to anyone if she feels stressed or upset.

-She's friendly and engaging with anyone as long as she doesn't find them weird or creepy. If she does, she'll still be diplomatic to not cause any trouble but generally avoids contact with them.

-Generally laid back and easygoing with a positive attitude, but she also can take on the role of the leader if no one else will. With me personally, she's more directive because I can't make decisions with much certainty really so she decides what to do.

-Uninhibited, will do anything despite what people around her will think or say.

-Flexible. She once told me, "when you live here, plans can change all the time so you have to learn to go with the flow."

-Loves her TV shows. She often sends me clips from TV shows like Ugly Betty and she'll be like "omg we are these two." We still tell each other that we're like Meredith and Cristina from Grey's Anatomy. She's my "person."

-She likes people with quirks. However, she won't hesitate calling something weird if she thinks it is.

-Doesn't like to be relied on. She once didn't talk to her friends for a week because they all expected her to be the designated driver, when she didn't even want to go out (she just wanted to stay in and hang out). Sometimes she likes her alone time with people to bond.

-She'll try to make sure everyone is happy and having a good time. She doesn't like seeing her friends sad or uncomfortable, so she'll do anything to try to help.

-She knows what's acceptable or not. Back when we were younger I wanted to invite my friend over to a garage party, but she said I shouldn't without asking. She's definitely better at taking other people into consideration than I am.

-She's pretty open-minded about anything if you're her friend. She's willing to change her perspective about things because she'll always ask you why you do something or like something.

-Dedicated to lacrosse. She's very passionate about it, her teammates, her games, etc.

-Kind of rejects the French part of her identity. If someone would use the French pronunciation of her name (that isn't her dad), she'd say "no! it's 'gen-uh-veev'."

-Very sweet and caring, engaging and adventurous, but also no bullshit and direct.

FWIW, I've considered these types for her:

ESFJ, ESFP.
2, 7, 8.
so/sx, sx/so.

She scored ESFJ on her first test, then ENFP on her latest test.

Can provide more info if needed.

Any thoughts? :D

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Esfp, 7w6

Not enough info for a clear instinctual variant determination.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Esfp, 7w6

Not enough info for a clear instinctual variant determination.

Hmm, what info would you need to help make that conclusion? :thinking:

Oh, and why those choices?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She sounds like an easy-going hedonist who happens to know her way around people.

It sounds really 7 so/sx and ESFP.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She sounds like an easy-going hedonist who happens to know her way around people.

It sounds really 7 so/sx and ESFP.

Interesting - I always refer to her here as my ESFJ bestie but I've only seen ESFP so far. Maybe it's time to reconsider. :thinking: *sends her ESFP description with SeFiTeNi explained*

Agnes

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
89?
I would say she's definitely a P since she said go with the flow; and main for her is to have fun and be happy and laidback which is not really structured as a J would be.

Also I say an E since she is so much engaged with others and thinks of them. Also she's outgoing.

I am not sure abot F and T. I thought T while I was reading cause she mostly makes decisions how she thinks despite what others thought, but idk. F do fit better in whole together picture.

I would say an S, but that one is really just a hunch.

So, I say ESFP or ESTP.

LanaBanana

MBTI Type
XXFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pretty sure she's an ESFP (I would know, my sister is one), and I can actually see 2w3 working for her!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I could see w8>w6 for her if she's a 7. She's less hesitant and anxious than I am and much more attention-commanding. :thinking:

I would say she's definitely a P since she said go with the flow; and main for her is to have fun and be happy and laidback which is not really structured as a J would be.

Thing is, we're Californians. Everyone in California is generally laid back. :D Even my ESTJ 8w7 friend is laid-back and fun-loving. But I see your point.

Also I say an E since she is so much engaged with others and thinks of them. Also she's outgoing.

I think E and S are her clearest preferences. :yes:

I am not sure abot F and T. I thought T while I was reading cause she mostly makes decisions how she thinks despite what others thought, but idk. F do fit better in whole together picture.

So, I say ESFP or ESTP.

I once showed her the ESTP description and she said "hey, this sounds like me!" So even ESTP could have merit. Minus ESTJ any other ES type seems viable.

Pretty sure she's an ESFP (I would know, my sister is one), and I can actually see 2w3 working for her!

I originally thought she was a 2 as well because she is very affectionate, loving, caring, etc. And she definitely does try to make sure that you're emotionally taken care of. But I could be biased since we're best friends - she doesn't seem to care as much around other people. But it definitely still is an option (if she were a 2 she'd definitely be w3 over w1).

The problem that I had with 2 is that her sense of worth doesn't seem influenced by external parameters at all and she doesn't seem to fear rejection either. But I mean, at the same time she's a cute and fiesty white girl with an athlete's body that tons of guys already swoon over. So maybe she already has the interpersonal power that 2s seek, so she's satisfied. However, what I do see her get upset over is when she feels like she's missed opportunities which seems more 7 to me. Either could work for her though.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
With the exception of [MENTION=21508]Agnes[/MENTION], I've noticed everyone in this thread is self-typed as an EP (and one IP).

Any other EJs wanna weigh in on the matter? [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] [MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION] [MENTION=13646]Haven[/MENTION]

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
2w3 so/sx sounds good, I guess ESFJ works but possibly ESFP too

Sense of self worth for 2s doesn't really come from external things, that's more 3ish.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Sense of self worth for 2s doesn't really come from external things, that's more 3ish.

It comes from being loved, which I consider external.

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh yea there's that :)

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What do 7s depend on external things for?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What do 7s depend on external things for?

Well, for me it's to make me feel like I'm not missing out on what life has to offer. I'm not sure how to phrase it exactly. :thinking: To make me feel fulfilled, or to escape the feeling of deprivation.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought ESFJ until I saw that she doesn't like to be relied upon?? Something I can't really relate to at all :laugh: So I'm leaning ESFP. Still not sure about Enneagram -- could see 2 or 7 -- and pretty damn sure on so/sx.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I thought ESFJ until I saw that she doesn't like to be relied upon?? Something I can't really relate to at all :laugh: So I'm leaning ESFP. Still not sure about Enneagram -- could see 2 or 7 -- and pretty damn sure on so/sx.

An so/sx knows it's own kind. :yes:

What made you go from J to P after realizing that? I'd imagine being relied on would be negative/stressful for anyone really. :thinking: