• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type my best friend

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, my trip to California is over. And finally after 5 years I think I got it. Strangely enough, [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION], I'm going with the one ES type I ruled out - ESTJ. I showed and described Si to her and she related to that a lot and felt more Te than Fe.

Full typing wise, I'm going with ESTJ 8w7 so/sx (827 tritype). I think it maps out her personality pretty well for the most part. Direct, controlling over her environment, resents being controlled and enjoys her freedom, ruled by anger, hides her vulnerabilities, hates incompetency, energetic, warm, takes charge when she needs to but doesn't like people holding her down, etc.

Interesting how you have an ENFP bestie and I have an ESTJ bestie. I wonder if that's some kind of phenomenon haha.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
!!!

MEANT TO BE.

/ also just realized my best friend has practically the same tritype as you (2w3-7w8-8w7) (?!?)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hmmm, just realized that my best friend back in Nebraska is an ESTJ. I always suspected him of being an N, but now that I know EJCC and since I read this.... crazy.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
one of my best friends is ESTJ too. 1w2 so/sx imho. we've had a great friendship for over 15 years.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
/ also just realized my best friend has practically the same tritype as you (2w3-7w8-8w7) (?!?)

!!!

MEANT TO BE.

Hmmm, just realized that my best friend back in Nebraska is an ESTJ. I always suspected him of being an N, but now that I know EJCC and since I read this.... crazy.

one of my best friends is ESTJ too. 1w2 so/sx imho. we've had a great friendship for over 15 years.

So Nic this relationship goes all the way back to high school? Cus if so that's refreshing to hear after my ENFJ mom trying to drill into my head that high school friends don't last. :)

Anyway hmm I can see this relationship working pretty well really. Like Jess (ENFP) and Cece (ESTJ) on New Girl on something - at least from what I remember of them. With me and my bestie, she actually plans out all the fun things to do so we can do them, brings me back to reality so I can (try to) keep up with all the responsibilities that would have slipped by me otherwise, provides me with a sense of groundedness in general, etc. And I give a sense of understanding, accept all of her quirks without criticism, expose her to new concepts and things that are more off the beaten path, etc.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
!!!

MEANT TO BE.

:mellow: No feels whatsoever.

So Nic this relationship goes all the way back to high school? Cus if so that's refreshing to hear after my ENFJ mom trying to drill into my head that high school friends don't last. :)
I met my ENFP bestie during my freshman year of high school, for the record! :)

Anyway hmm I can see this relationship working pretty well really. Like Jess (ENFP) and Cece (ESTJ) on New Girl on something - at least from what I remember of them. With me and my bestie, she actually plans out all the fun things to do so we can do them, brings me back to reality so I can (try to) keep up with all the responsibilities that would have slipped by me otherwise, provides me with a sense of groundedness in general, etc. And I give a sense of understanding, accept all of her quirks without criticism, expose her to new concepts and things that are more off the beaten path, etc.
:yes:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

elementary school, homie! i have lasting friendships from all different parts of my life. it's about who they are, not when they're from.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My general relationship with my ESTJ was him dragging me out to metal shows, him giving me advice and getting pissed that I always ignored it. Him constantly bitching about things and me telling him not to be an asshole. It worked very well.

We started out as enemies, literally. He would sabotage me every chance he got. When he figured out that I could deal with all the shit he could throw at me, he gained some sort of strange respect and unerring feeling of friendship. I'm pretty sure he was a 6.