• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's all do MacGuffin!!!

What type is MacGuffin?

• Total voters

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
so do extroverted people turn off their ringers? the ones i know don't.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
My sister is the only one I know who does. She hates talking on the phone.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm voting I, and I'm pretty sure about it. It has to do with your excitement level and lack of jumpiness. You strike me as a person who is always "leaning back" who gets people to engage him on your playing field. I associate that with introversion and an ability to reflect on things quietly.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
My sister is the only one I know who does. She hates talking on the phone.
I don't mind talking on the phone when I'm in the mood and I do the contacting but I don't like the sound of the ring.

As for jumpiness, anyone can be neurotic and have anxiety. that's what booze and anti anxiety meds are for.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... sometimes get the impression that your openness is a ruse meant to protect your core by putting out a viable impression of openness so you can keep the innermost innermost to yourself.

That's interesting, hmmm.

In other words, it's a bit of a diversion away from the things he wants to protect.

(Ironically sorta like... a clown costume?)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I was thinking more like a shiny, glossy exterior that hides a pale and vulnerable interior, maybe one that needs a respirator to breathe.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I could see E or I for you. The same thing I said about Rajah also applies to you--your problem-solving style is distinctly E to me. You both seem to want to hold a problem in your hands and inspect it from all angles. An introvert is more likely to internalize a problem and "cook" a solution from within, IMO.
A lot of that is legal training... it completely shifts how you approach problems. I know it sounds like I'm overstating it, but I'm not. Being educated under the Socratic Method changes how you think. Learning law in law school is secondary or even tertiary.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
A lot of that is legal training... it completely shifts how you approach problems. I know it sounds like I'm overstating it, but I'm not. Being educated under the Socratic Method changes how you think. Learning law in law school is secondary or even tertiary.

Absolutely.. my legal and analytical training have led me to be more of a problem solving extravert. I tend to bounce ideas around in a public environment - flip chart and coloured pens with a couple of people. It's how I create but I'm sure it comes from being an introvert that HAS to work in a group. I usually lead, and I adopt an energised style.. I'm sure it's an alternate "face" for me.

I was thinking more like a shiny, glossy exterior that hides a pale and vulnerable interior, maybe one that needs a respirator to breathe.

Right. I'd say... this is the "faces" thing. So an NT can have an SF party face. It's still kinda leaned back and relaxed, but it's fronted SF. I've had a professional MBTI assessor say I present SF (and even ESFP) in a social environment quite clearly, despite being a probable INTP. She told me she sees this a lot.. it's a learned defense mechanism mixed with a comfort-in-the-own-skin-as-we-get-older thing.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
NICE

*hides*

A lot of introverts learn to E it up as they grow up, I think. And you just get more balanced as you age. You've got good Fi for an INTP, though...INTP and iNtP if you want me to nitpick.

I hate phones and I was scared to order at the bakery when I was a kid.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Eh, I think Mac's an INTP who has pretty good social skills (maybe especially when drinking). I could see ENTP also... but he just feels INTP-y to me. I know. I shook his hand.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As for jumpiness, anyone can be neurotic and have anxiety. that's what booze and anti anxiety meds are for.

I don't really have any anxiety. If anything, I am too laid back.

QFT

Absolutely.. my legal and analytical training have led me to be more of a problem solving extravert. I tend to bounce ideas around in a public environment - flip chart and coloured pens with a couple of people. It's how I create but I'm sure it comes from being an introvert that HAS to work in a group. I usually lead, and I adopt an energised style.. I'm sure it's an alternate "face" for me.

Right. I'd say... this is the "faces" thing. So an NT can have an SF party face. It's still kinda leaned back and relaxed, but it's fronted SF. I've had a professional MBTI assessor say I present SF (and even ESFP) in a social environment quite clearly, despite being a probable INTP. She told me she sees this a lot.. it's a learned defense mechanism mixed with a comfort-in-the-own-skin-as-we-get-older thing.

I wouldn't say it's a learned defense mechanism. I will agree with the comfortable part.

NICE

*hides*

A lot of introverts learn to E it up as they grow up, I think. And you just get more balanced as you age. You've got good Fi for an INTP, though...INTP and iNtP if you want me to nitpick.

I hate phones and I was scared to order at the bakery when I was a kid.

I have good Fi? I don't understand Fi very well. I seem to test pretty high though.

I'm voting I, and I'm pretty sure about it. It has to do with your excitement level and lack of jumpiness. You strike me as a person who is always "leaning back" who gets people to engage him on your playing field. I associate that with introversion and an ability to reflect on things quietly.
That's interesting, hmmm.

In other words, it's a bit of a diversion away from the things he wants to protect.

(Ironically sorta like... a clown costume?)
:whistling:

Eh, I think Mac's an INTP who has pretty good social skills (maybe especially when drinking). I could see ENTP also... but he just feels INTP-y to me. I know. I shook his hand.
:D

That clinches it!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Current results:

INTP - 19 (54.29%)
ENTP - 4 (11.43%)
XNTP - 7 (20.00% )
INFP - 1 (2.86%)
ISTP - 0 (0%)
ENFJ - 0 (0%)
Other - 4 (0%)

I thought it would be more varied than that.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Current results:

INTP - 19 (54.29%)
ENTP - 4 (11.43%)
XNTP - 7 (20.00% )
INFP - 1 (2.86%)
ISTP - 0 (0%)
ENFJ - 0 (0%)
Other - 4 (0%)

I thought it would be more varied than that.

Ehh...I tend to take people at face value. And I also think it's really hard to figure this stuff online. Unless you do a LOT of chatting with someone online, with at least audio and maybe video too. Body language and voice stuff tells a lot.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Didn't we clearly decide ENFJ in Pink's blog sometime a while back? :D
Sweet!

The iNtutive type I least understand! :party2:

(hey that guy does have his uses Iveee!)