• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INxx? How do I determine my type?

IniMiney

I realize this has been done to death already, so I apologize in advance. Despite studying MBTI for years, I am still uncertain of which type I am. I understand cognitive functions in theory, but can't identify them in myself. I don't think I can objectively type myself based off of what I have read, or with tests, since I know how to answer to get a certain result, which is probably skewed by my own subjectivity too. So, I'll explain some of my ways of thinking, and see what you guys make of it.

This may be partly just because of my age (17) but I don't think I understand/see myself as clearly as most people do of themselves (to my knowledge). I don't feel like I have a "set" or "core" personality if you will, even though it's apparent to others that I do. I see too much nuance and possible explanations of my ways to assign any traits to cognitive functions, especially since almost any trait can manifest from any function.

I don't express myself very much with most people. I am typically undemonstrative of my emotions, and rarely share my opinions unless asked, to the point of being passive. This is is seen as me being a people-pleaser, but in reality I just don't have much of an opinion on either option, and so I figure if it means nothing to me, but the other person cares, then I should just go along with what they want.

I think my lack of certainty may be the core of who I am, actually. It seems like a lot of peoples' opinions are just inherited and not examined on their own merits, and I'm afraid of being like that. As a result, I've almost become this impossible ambivalent malleable chameleon person. I don't know what is really right or wrong, so picking one tiny piece of subjective truth to assert with conviction against all others just seems incomplete. Of course, I do have opinions, but I repress them. For example, I became a vegetarian of my own accord at age 7, but have never tried to convert or criticize anyone, even though I have pretty strong feelings on the matter. If I did, I would feel like a hypocrite, since my very existence affects animals negatively, even if my being a vegetarian reduces that impact a little bit. I guess I am an all or nothing sort of person.

I'm not sure how helpful any of this will be, but I guess maybe I should explain some more concrete things now. I am moderately interested in almost everything, but I especially like psychology and linguistics. My hobbies are playing video games, reading, knitting, and cosplaying. I have a somewhat hard time making friends. I am somehow simultaneously athletic and clumsy. I'm a hopeless romantic, although it would take quite a while for me to reach the level of comfort necessary to express it.

All right, that's probably enough special-snowflaking for now. I know I didn't explain much of my actual behavior, but the thoughts the cause the actions are more important in determining type, right? What cognitive functions do I seem to be using? Also, do you think I am perhaps not even one of the INxx types at all? What type am I?

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't express myself very much with most people. I am typically undemonstrative of my emotions, and rarely share my opinions unless asked, to the point of being passive. This is is seen as me being a people-pleaser, but in reality I just don't have much of an opinion on either option, and so I figure if it means nothing to me, but the other person cares, then I should just go along with what they want.

Weak F?

I think my lack of certainty may be the core of who I am, actually. It seems like a lot of peoples' opinions are just inherited and not examined on their own merits, and I'm afraid of being like that.

This indicates Fi over Fe to me.

I would refine it to INTx, INTJ if I had to guess.

All right, that's probably enough special-snowflaking for now. I know I didn't explain much of my actual behavior, but the thoughts the cause the actions are more important in determining type, right? What cognitive functions do I seem to be using? Also, do you think I am perhaps not even one of the INxx types at all? What type am I?

You could post a video of yourself answering a questionnaire for some of the more experienced members to review. My doing so resulted in a change of type. Based solely on your OP you seem N or T dominant.

Does anyone agree knitting could indicate inferior Se?