User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Default Questioning My Type (If Someone Will Help Me Question It)

Hi!

I am pretty sure of my type (INFJ). But that persuades me that maybe it isn't my type. So, here are 4 questions and a statement:

1. I don't have a big presence on this site, but for anyone who has noticed me, do I seem 'INFJ'-like? Do you see any discrepancies?

2. I didn't want to be this type to begin with, and would be happy to be told I am a different one. At first I thought this was evidence I was an INFJ, but I think it can cut both ways.

3. I can't ever be sure if I really use Ni as a dominant function because it is always possible that I'm wrong. I understand it rather well at an intellectual level, and I can see the functions (I think) when I look for them in others, but it could be that I don't really understand myself. I have applied a number of different frameworks to myself and find INFJ most convincing, but I could easily have deceived myself.

4. I have a bad memory and a strong sense of deja vu today, so someone tell me if I already made a thread like this. I apologize in advance.

MY STATEMENT: I am the kind of person who tries to imagine what other people think, then says "But probably they don't think about you at all because people don't go around thinking of others", and then says, "But if they did think of me, they would think x, y, and z, so I should do such and such next time I see them because I can tell I am not making (whatever we do) go as well as it could." Then I go on to think about the mistakes I made last time (not specific mistakes, but more like 'was what I said in tune with the music of how the interaction is supposed to go?'). And I think of how I should make things go next time. I like to optimize interactions.

Note: I used the word "I" 32 times in this post, excluding this note.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Come on, I'm dying here guys!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

I've read some of your posts before, but you're not "INFJ-like". Why not INTJ?
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think you are making a way too big a deal about this.

2. I didn't want to be this type to begin with, and would be happy to be told I am a different one.
    No one type is fundamentally better than the other. And wanting to be another type than the type you are pretty much only results in being worse at the type you actually are.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Lion 4.5 View Post
    3. I can't ever be sure if I really use Ni as a dominant function because it is always possible that I'm wrong. I understand it rather well at an intellectual level, and I can see the functions (I think) when I look for them in others, but it could be that I don't really understand myself. I have applied a number of different frameworks to myself and find INFJ most convincing, but I could easily have deceived myself.
    What object or phenomena would you relate Ni to, in just one word preferably...?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

" I didn't want to be this type to begin with, and would be happy to be told I am a different one. "

Umm.. Why?

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    I've read some of your posts before, but you're not "INFJ-like". Why not INTJ?
    I am very good with people, and very social. At least, up to a point.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think you are making a way too big a deal about this.

No one type is fundamentally better than the other. And wanting to be another type than the type you are pretty much only results in being worse at the type you actually are.
    I acknowledge this. But I try to be very honest with myself and the world. The Typology world . . .

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    What object or phenomena would you relate Ni to, in just one word preferably...?
    Spiderweb.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    " I didn't want to be this type to begin with, and would be happy to be told I am a different one. "

Umm.. Why?
    Because I want to see myself as a force to be reckoned with, but I'm not satisfied that that is true.