123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default My Type Has Been Called Into Question

It seems that @yeghor does not agree that I am a ENFJ 1w2. At several times he has claimed me to be an Se dominant, Te dominant, or 8w7. I disagree with this and I would like to open the floor to discussion to all parties. This has been persistent enough for this to be claimed that I'd like this to be resolved in one location so it doesn't come up in the future once it's settled upon here. I want to come to an agreement in one spot, instead of this cropping up randomly and having it be irrelevant to the disucssions it appears in.

I'm fairly confidant in my typing as an Fe domiant. What I am nearly 100% certain of is I am a Je domiant. For a very long time I saw myself as an INFJ but I realised that was incorrect last year. Upon reflection I realized I am an extrovert, and in a Jungian sense I am a Je dominant. I am too absolute declaritive and firm to be a perceiver of either direction. My drive for certainty and being proactive further soldifies that. Ni vs. Si is a bit harder to discuss. However, out of all the functions I identify with Ne the least of them, which would be strange to have in an auxillary position. I fit in with Ni thought process better than I do with Si. While ultimately I want things to be traceable and grounded, that doesn't mean what goes on in my head is like that. I am definitely a pattern seeker/identifer.

I would say there are some arguments for Te as I am very focused on things being efficient, clear, and well excucuted. However, I believe I am too socially focused and people oriented to be Te; I am influenced by others (in particular group opinion) to be a Te, but I wouldn't write it off if there was a strong argument for it. Social tact is also paramount to me, and I don't even need to think about it to use it most of the time it's innate.

1w2 is so clear it's almost not even worth discussing. My primary drive is for things to be right, certain, and I am a pathological perfectionist (for better and for worse).

My tritype I am actually a bit uncertain on. I know I have a 3 fix, but I am torn on if my head fix is 5 or 6. If it is six then I am further uncertain if 6 would be before 3. I bring this up as I was actually reflecting on this earlier today.

Tagging people who have had enough experience with me (for better and for worse) to be able to discuss this and weigh in their opinion: @EJCC @Urarienev @Elfboy @Vasilisa @Zarathustra @captain curmudgeon @ReadingRainbows @Nicodemus @Nights and Days @Showbread @Alea_iacta_est Sorry if I didn't tag you and you have something to say (it's 4am and I am not able to be comprehensive at the moment).

Discuss!
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Hard
    he suggested Se dominant 8w7? LOL you're about as ESxP 8w7 as the main character from A Beautiful Mind :laughing:
    compare yourself to @TreeBob, the difference is obvious :P

that said, if you're questioning your Enneagram type, I could easily buy you as a 6w5 (hyper analytical, self reported constant anxiety, head center>gut center). 1w2s typically come off more sturdy and proud and less skeptical. still, Self Preservation 1s are more anxious than the others, so it's still a possibility

as for MBTI, I could see either ENFJ or INFJ working (your self reported behavior as a child sounds like a mix of both)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Haha I'm more Se dom than yourself @Hard.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    @Hard... You've started this on wrong foot... You are trying to turn this into let's bash yeghor fest... I didn't ask you to do this... I said I'd contribute if you wanted to open your type into question... This was your suggestion...

I was expecting something (manipulative) like this though...

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Ok I'll do my best to contribute if you do that... But you gotta check whether the descriptions fit afterwards...

Also google socionics extended test and do it too... Enfjs have this hypnotizing, sleep inducing eyes I guess... Check Susan Cain for instance... check how she talks entrancingly... she feels like an ENFJ to me... don't know what others say... make a comparison...
    Anyway let's see your socionics test results please now that we are here...

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/

You are trying to turn this into let's bash yeghor fest...
    Haha. Paranoia much?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Haha. Paranoia much?

MBTI
    yupp

How is @Hard mentioning you were questioning his type bashing you? this isn't the first time you've done this either, perhaps you should have a look at that.

@Hard: I def see you fe dom.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    How is @Hard mentioning you were questioning his type bashing you? this isn't the first time you've done this either, perhaps you should have a look at that.

@Hard: I def see you fe dom.
    Why the need to mention such an information if what he's actually interested in is his actual type? What context does it provide for the purpose of this "type me please" thread?

I'm hoping you'll give an honest answer to this rather than your usual evasive tactics...

MBTI
    yupp

Why the need to mention such an information if what he's actually interested in is his actual type? What context does it provide for the purpose of this "type me please" thread?

I'm hoping you'll give an honest answer to this rather than your usual evasive tactics...
    Maybe he wanted to include you? I mean some people if you don't mention that they brought it up to them would feel left out. I really don't think what he did was bashing you.

what?! I usually do give honest answers, but you can never accept them. That's your problem, not mine
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Maybe he wanted to include you? I mean some people if you don't mention that they brought it up to them would feel left out. I really don't think what he did was bashing you.
    It was him who suggested to me that he would do this and that I should contribute... So I was already aware of it... He could've mentioned me at the end of his original post among other people...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...88#post2283688