• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Type Has Been Called Into Question

á´…eparted

passages
It seems that [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION] does not agree that I am a ENFJ 1w2. At several times he has claimed me to be an Se dominant, Te dominant, or 8w7. I disagree with this and I would like to open the floor to discussion to all parties. This has been persistent enough for this to be claimed that I'd like this to be resolved in one location so it doesn't come up in the future once it's settled upon here. I want to come to an agreement in one spot, instead of this cropping up randomly and having it be irrelevant to the disucssions it appears in.

I'm fairly confidant in my typing as an Fe domiant. What I am nearly 100% certain of is I am a Je domiant. For a very long time I saw myself as an INFJ but I realised that was incorrect last year. Upon reflection I realized I am an extrovert, and in a Jungian sense I am a Je dominant. I am too absolute declaritive and firm to be a perceiver of either direction. My drive for certainty and being proactive further soldifies that. Ni vs. Si is a bit harder to discuss. However, out of all the functions I identify with Ne the least of them, which would be strange to have in an auxillary position. I fit in with Ni thought process better than I do with Si. While ultimately I want things to be traceable and grounded, that doesn't mean what goes on in my head is like that. I am definitely a pattern seeker/identifer.

I would say there are some arguments for Te as I am very focused on things being efficient, clear, and well excucuted. However, I believe I am too socially focused and people oriented to be Te; I am influenced by others (in particular group opinion) to be a Te, but I wouldn't write it off if there was a strong argument for it. Social tact is also paramount to me, and I don't even need to think about it to use it most of the time it's innate.

1w2 is so clear it's almost not even worth discussing. My primary drive is for things to be right, certain, and I am a pathological perfectionist (for better and for worse).

My tritype I am actually a bit uncertain on. I know I have a 3 fix, but I am torn on if my head fix is 5 or 6. If it is six then I am further uncertain if 6 would be before 3. I bring this up as I was actually reflecting on this earlier today.

Tagging people who have had enough experience with me (for better and for worse) to be able to discuss this and weigh in their opinion: [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION] [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION] [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] [MENTION=9913]captain curmudgeon[/MENTION] [MENTION=6163]ReadingRainbows[/MENTION] [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] [MENTION=20385]Alea_iacta_est[/MENTION] Sorry if I didn't tag you and you have something to say (it's 4am and I am not able to be comprehensive at the moment).

Discuss!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]
he suggested Se dominant 8w7? LOL you're about as ESxP 8w7 as the main character from A Beautiful Mind :laughing:
compare yourself to [MENTION=16019]TreeBob[/MENTION], the difference is obvious :p

that said, if you're questioning your Enneagram type, I could easily buy you as a 6w5 (hyper analytical, self reported constant anxiety, head center>gut center). 1w2s typically come off more sturdy and proud and less skeptical. still, Self Preservation 1s are more anxious than the others, so it's still a possibility

as for MBTI, I could see either ENFJ or INFJ working (your self reported behavior as a child sounds like a mix of both)

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Haha I'm more Se dom than yourself [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION].

yeghor

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]... You've started this on wrong foot... You are trying to turn this into let's bash yeghor fest... I didn't ask you to do this... I said I'd contribute if you wanted to open your type into question... This was your suggestion...

I was expecting something (manipulative) like this though...

Ok I'll do my best to contribute if you do that... But you gotta check whether the descriptions fit afterwards...

Also google socionics extended test and do it too... Enfjs have this hypnotizing, sleep inducing eyes I guess... Check Susan Cain for instance... check how she talks entrancingly... she feels like an ENFJ to me... don't know what others say... make a comparison...

Anyway let's see your socionics test results please now that we are here...

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You are trying to turn this into let's bash yeghor fest...
How is [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] mentioning you were questioning his type bashing you? this isn't the first time you've done this either, perhaps you should have a look at that.

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]: I def see you fe dom.

yeghor

How is [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] mentioning you were questioning his type bashing you? this isn't the first time you've done this either, perhaps you should have a look at that.

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]: I def see you fe dom.

Why the need to mention such an information if what he's actually interested in is his actual type? What context does it provide for the purpose of this "type me please" thread?

I'm hoping you'll give an honest answer to this rather than your usual evasive tactics...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Why the need to mention such an information if what he's actually interested in is his actual type? What context does it provide for the purpose of this "type me please" thread?

I'm hoping you'll give an honest answer to this rather than your usual evasive tactics...

Maybe he wanted to include you? I mean some people if you don't mention that they brought it up to them would feel left out. I really don't think what he did was bashing you.

what?! I usually do give honest answers, but you can never accept them. That's your problem, not mine

yeghor

yeghor

I am trying to redirect your suspicions from others to your own thought patterns, because you are seeing ghosts here.

OK why don't you try doing that by focusing on the topic and objective of this thread rather than putting the focus back on me? I don't intend to respond to your reply to this...

Nicodemus

OK why don't you try doing that by focusing on the topic and objective of this thread rather than putting the focus back on me?
Because, as the thread is not about your paranoia, it would make absolutely no sense. The only reason it is discussed at all is because you brought it in here.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It was him who suggested to me that he would do this and that I should contribute... So I was already aware of it... He could've mentioned me at the end of his original post among other people...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2283688#post2283688
Mentioning you at the beginning was giing you special credit for being the inspiration behind the thread. The only bad thing in the OP with regard to you is the implication that "maybe yeghor will stop asking me about this in other parts of the forum if it gets settled here". I relate to the need to neatly organize particular subjects into particular threads, so I understand where he's coming from. Don't take it personally.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Also, [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION], I agree with Elfboy that I could see you as 6w5. You really radiate 6-ish energy, even on vent. But 1w2 could also be correct, and IMO you definitely have a 1 fix, not an 8 fix.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am Fe-dumb.

á´…eparted

passages
Mentioning you at the beginning was giing you special credit for being the inspiration behind the thread. The only bad thing in the OP with regard to you is the implication that "maybe yeghor will stop asking me about this in other parts of the forum if it gets settled here". I relate to the need to neatly organize particular subjects into particular threads, so I understand where he's coming from. Don't take it personally.

Hard... You've started this on wrong foot... You are trying to turn this into let's bash yeghor fest... I didn't ask you to do this... I said I'd contribute if you wanted to open your type into question... This was your suggestion...

I was expecting something (manipulative) like this though...

Anyway let's see your socionics test results please now that we are here...

http://www.sociotype.com/tests/

I'm not trying to bash you. Besides, that's against the forum rules anyway and if that was my intent this would be quickly shut down. That said, I am pulling a double-duty with this thread. First, you aren't the only person who has questioned my type over the past few months (mostly with enneagram) and it's worth discussing and I would like to consider it. The other is, from my perspective your type suggestions have been SO off the mark that it's actually bothersome to me that you suggest it, mainly because it just seems so factually incorrect and baseless. I also want to show you in clear terms what my type is. I haven't really enertained your desire you consider a different type, and in the past shut it down saying "this isn't even up for question", so now I am allowing it to be questioned. It's much easier, as EJCC to put it in one spot. I want you to participate and witness so you'll see as clear as possible what my type really is. And yes, I'll ultimately want you honor that and acknowledge the conclusion. I can't make you, but if it does come up, I can refrence it here and end it on the spot. This way it is cleared up.

As per socionics, I can't take a test at the moment as I will be leaving and be out for most of the day. That said, the two types I have considered for socionics are LSI and EIE. I identify with both of them, and I am fairly certain it is either one of them. When I take socionics tests it comes out usually as either LIE, EIE, or LSE. Truthfully though, I don't put much stock into socionics so as of the three main theories here I put the least amount of weight on it. Enneagram and MBTI is my main focus.

]Hard
he suggested Se dominant 8w7? LOL you're about as ESxP 8w7 as the main character from A Beautiful Mind :laughing:
compare yourself to TreeBob, the difference is obvious :p

that said, if you're questioning your Enneagram type, I could easily buy you as a 6w5 (hyper analytical, self reported constant anxiety, head center>gut center). 1w2s typically come off more sturdy and proud and less skeptical. still, Self Preservation 1s are more anxious than the others, so it's still a possibility

as for MBTI, I could see either ENFJ or INFJ working (your self reported behavior as a child sounds like a mix of both)

Also, Hard, I agree with Elfboy that I could see you as 6w5. You really radiate 6-ish energy, even on vent. But 1w2 could also be correct, and IMO you definitely have a 1 fix, not an 8 fix.

Yes, the idea that I am an Se dom is fairly silly. I'm sort of the opposite of free wheeling, and I don't have the competive drive that Se doms often have. I am only competitive when I have no other option, or I do it quietly so it's not overtly. I'm also way too caring/considerate of social dynamics and related manners.

As for 6w5, I have honestly never given it true consideration before as it hasn't been suggested until you guys had mentioned it a few weeks ago. I think there'd be agreement it's either 6w5 or 1w2. Ultimately I feel 1w2 is a better fit, because while yes I am a high strung person, what I get high strung over is rather specefic (things not going/being right/correct), and most of things are 1w2 related. I'm also not constantly anxious, at least I don't think? Sometimes it's kind of hard to tell how I feel because I am always feeling stuff and I get used to it and stop noticing it until someone points it out. What are the hallmarks that seem 6 like and do you have any recommended reading?

Also do you think 5w6 should get booted from my tritype? That seems to be the current idea (and as I mentioned in the OP it seems unlikely).