• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Type Has Been Called Into Question

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
You're an ENFJ! The NFs are usually the ones to change their types 65 times because they can't be decisive
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]

Jaguar

These are not to be taken as absolutes, but I thought they might still interest you since you have SLOAI in your sig line.

Semi-Correlating Descriptions

INFP RCUAI, RLUAI
INTP RCUEI, RLUEI
INFJ RCOAI, RLOAI
INTJ RCOEI, RLOEI
ISTJ RCOEN, RLOEN
ISFJ RCOAN, RLOAN
ISTP RCUEN, RLUEN
ISFP RCUAN, RLUAN
ENFP SCUAI, SLUAI
ENTP SCUEI, SLUEI
ENFJ SCOAI, SLOAI
ENTJ SCOEI, SLOEI
ESTJ SCOEN, SLOEN
ESFJ SCOAN, SLOAN
ESTP SCUEN, SLUEN
ESFP SCUAN, SLUAN

http://similarminds.com/global5/g5-jung.html

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wondering about correlation between types and enneagrams...

And your problem is precisely that you're treating those correlations as causations.

(I mean, your other problem is that you entirely disregard the fact that correlations are based on statistical data such as [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]'s chart and you try to claim support for your hypothesis without statistical evidence at all to back it up, but that's beside the point)

OMG taking psych statistics/methodology for my major has made me so educated.

á´…eparted

passages
You're such a T-lead type, yeah I still think LSI works fine for you with Ne PoLR. :) You almost sound like Te-lead but I don't see Ne so I'll stick with LSI

I see.

Actually there is two tests at that page, the original basic and the extended test. The former doesn't contain photos. I'm not sure that in the extended test the photos are even used to determine type, it might just be data collection to see how different types pick photos. I have never seen anything on the site that clarified the purpose of the photos section.

As I said before, I think the two theories are not compatible but not fully different either. The switch from ENF to IST would be possible going by functions if you had weak dichotomy preferences to begin with. I recall only your J preference is certain, right?

Pretty much what people said several years ago when LSI was settled as my type. Good to see it validated and that it's likely correct! Yeah I do relate to socionics Te fairly well, but my lack of relation to Ni (and Si slightly) kicks it out. Hmm, maybe it is data collection. I know socionics tries to use physical apperence as a basis for type and it is the biggest part I take issue with.

Oh I definitely agree they are similar, and share commonalities, I applogize if I didn't make that clear. Yes, my J prefrence is rock solid strong on dichotomy, always has been. The others are all rather mild. In MBTI tests anyway, I get E most of the time but it's not that strong, same goes with N. F and T will flip depending on my mood.

You're an ENFJ! The NFs are usually the ones to change their types 65 times because they can't be decisive.

I haven't "changed" my type very often. I have questioned it at multiple points in my life, but actually formally seeing it different is pretty rare. I'm actually a very decisive person, driven mostly by the urge to have things solidified (I hate ambiguity/uncertainty).

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I definitely agree they are similar, and share commonalities, I applogize if I didn't make that clear. Yes, my J prefrence is rock solid strong on dichotomy, always has been. The others are all rather mild. In MBTI tests anyway, I get E most of the time but it's not that strong, same goes with N. F and T will flip depending on my mood.

OK so I remembered right :)

I haven't "changed" my type very often. I have questioned it at multiple points in my life, but actually formally seeing it different is pretty rare. I'm actually a very decisive person, driven mostly by the urge to have things solidified (I hate ambiguity/uncertainty).

Ne-PoLR for you :p

yeghor

What exactly does PoLR mean? I've heard the term many times before, and I have assumed to to be opposite, but I honestly do not know.

It means you are Ne-inferior...

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

á´…eparted

passages
It's a socionics term. It's your weakest devalued function. LSI has Ne as PoLR function.

See here - called the vulnerable function also - http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Function

No. That's something else. Different theory, different meaning.

Ok I got it. It's been years since I read about the inner workings of socionics so I am rusty. I have always found it strange that the "sore point" is the 4th function, not the 8th since socionics uses all of them for types (hence the slight confusion on my end).

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok I got it. It's been years since I read about the inner workings of socionics so I am rusty. I have always found it strange that the "sore point" is the 4th function, not the 8th since socionics uses all of them for types (hence the slight confusion on my end).

Well the ordering is because conscious (mental) functions are listed first and then the unconscious (vital) ones. Ego (valued) and superego (devalued) are conscious function blocks and PoLR is the weakest conscious function.

They are the same...

No. :p

Example; Ti-Se type is Fe-inferior in MBTI, but not Fe-PoLR in socionics, Fe is the suggestive function instead. (And still not the same as inferior function in MBTI)

yeghor

Well the ordering is because conscious (mental) functions are listed first and then the unconscious (vital) ones. Ego (valued) and superego (devalued) are conscious function blocks and PoLR is the weakest conscious function.

No. :p

Example; Ti-Se type is Fe-inferior in MBTI, but not Fe-PoLR in socionics, Fe is the suggestive function instead. (And still not the same as inferior function in MBTI)

Ti-Se type is ISTP in MBTI... check what PoLR (vulnerable aka 4th function) of ISTp is in socionics...

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/model_a/

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLI-ISTp/

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti-Se type is ISTP in MBTI... check what PoLR (vulnerable aka 4th function) of ISTp is in socionics...

ISTp in socionics is not a Ti-Se type. There was a reason why I didn't just write ISTP because I didn't want you jumping on the idea that ISTP will be ISTp in socionics. Well you still did exactly just that... :smile:

Anyway even that's moot anyway because Fe in socionics is very much not the same as Fe in MBTI. (And Se and Ti are also different to a degree though not this much)

yeghor

ISTp in socionics is not a Ti-Se type. There was a reason why I didn't just write ISTP because I didn't want you jumping on the idea that ISTP will be ISTp in socionics. Well you still did exactly just that... :smile:

Anyway even that's moot anyway because Fe in socionics is very much not the same as Fe in MBTI. (And Se and Ti are also different to a degree though not this much)

Contrary to popular belief, I think socionics types and mbti types are directly correlated... Don't you identify more with ISTp description thatn ISTj description...?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Contrary to popular belief, I think socionics types and mbti types are directly correlated... Don't you identify more with ISTp description thatn ISTj description...?

Nope, I identify a lot more with LSI/ISTj description than with SLI/ISTp. Some people here even suggested I could be LSI. Though the general consensus is SLE/ESTp over LSI. And I do identify best with the SLE profile (and to some degree SEE/ESFp, but mainly just the Se parts).

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1w2 sounds good to me, probably EIE in socionics if I was going to guess. I dunno I think you're more outwardly emotional than you give yourself credit for (kinda why I was considering 6 for you, but 1w2 works).

yeghor

Nope, I identify a lot more with LSI/ISTj description than with SLI/ISTp. Some people here even suggested I could be LSI. Though the general consensus is SLE/ESTp over LSI. And I do identify best with the SLE profile (and to some degree SEE/ESFp, but mainly just the Se parts).

You told me in pm that you identified with ISTP more?

Anyway ESTP and ISTJ are mirror images of each other... If you are either... you would display traits of each from time to time...

You are not inhibited and restrained like an ISTJ though... More like ESTP I guess...

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You told me in pm that you identified with ISTP more?

I talked about MBTI ISTP in PM. Not about socionics SLI/ISTp.

Please understand these are two different things. Take the systems at face value and learn about what you're actually dealing with before trying to unify them in a new system.

Anyway ESTP and ISTJ are mirror images of each other... If you are either... you would display traits of each from time to time...

You are not inhibited and restrained like an ISTJ though... More like ESTP I guess...

Sure, I relate more to ESTP over ISTJ in any of the systems. The MBTI ISTP type isn't really there in socionics. Parts of it are in SLE/ESTp, some of it in SLI/ISTp (I don't relate to that part much) and other parts in other types.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

btw if you take an extraverted type, such as ESTP, it's Ni-inferior in MBTI, but Fi-PoLR in socionics.