User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 93

  1. #71
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    No. That's something else. Different theory, different meaning.
    They are the same...

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Ok I got it. It's been years since I read about the inner workings of socionics so I am rusty. I have always found it strange that the "sore point" is the 4th function, not the 8th since socionics uses all of them for types (hence the slight confusion on my end).
    Well the ordering is because conscious (mental) functions are listed first and then the unconscious (vital) ones. Ego (valued) and superego (devalued) are conscious function blocks and PoLR is the weakest conscious function.


    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    They are the same...
    No. :P

    Example; Ti-Se type is Fe-inferior in MBTI, but not Fe-PoLR in socionics, Fe is the suggestive function instead. (And still not the same as inferior function in MBTI)

  3. #73
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Well the ordering is because conscious (mental) functions are listed first and then the unconscious (vital) ones. Ego (valued) and superego (devalued) are conscious function blocks and PoLR is the weakest conscious function.

    No. :P

    Example; Ti-Se type is Fe-inferior in MBTI, but not Fe-PoLR in socionics, Fe is the suggestive function instead. (And still not the same as inferior function in MBTI)
    Ti-Se type is ISTP in MBTI... check what PoLR (vulnerable aka 4th function) of ISTp is in socionics...

    http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/model_a/

    http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLI-ISTp/

  4. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Ti-Se type is ISTP in MBTI... check what PoLR (vulnerable aka 4th function) of ISTp is in socionics...
    ISTp in socionics is not a Ti-Se type. There was a reason why I didn't just write ISTP because I didn't want you jumping on the idea that ISTP will be ISTp in socionics. Well you still did exactly just that...

    Anyway even that's moot anyway because Fe in socionics is very much not the same as Fe in MBTI. (And Se and Ti are also different to a degree though not this much)

  5. #75
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    ISTp in socionics is not a Ti-Se type. There was a reason why I didn't just write ISTP because I didn't want you jumping on the idea that ISTP will be ISTp in socionics. Well you still did exactly just that...

    Anyway even that's moot anyway because Fe in socionics is very much not the same as Fe in MBTI. (And Se and Ti are also different to a degree though not this much)
    Contrary to popular belief, I think socionics types and mbti types are directly correlated... Don't you identify more with ISTp description thatn ISTj description...?

  6. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, I think socionics types and mbti types are directly correlated... Don't you identify more with ISTp description thatn ISTj description...?
    Nope, I identify a lot more with LSI/ISTj description than with SLI/ISTp. Some people here even suggested I could be LSI. Though the general consensus is SLE/ESTp over LSI. And I do identify best with the SLE profile (and to some degree SEE/ESFp, but mainly just the Se parts).

  7. #77
    Blind Guardian Haven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti
    Posts
    1,076

    Default

    1w2 sounds good to me, probably EIE in socionics if I was going to guess. I dunno I think you're more outwardly emotional than you give yourself credit for (kinda why I was considering 6 for you, but 1w2 works).
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

  8. #78
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Nope, I identify a lot more with LSI/ISTj description than with SLI/ISTp. Some people here even suggested I could be LSI. Though the general consensus is SLE/ESTp over LSI. And I do identify best with the SLE profile (and to some degree SEE/ESFp, but mainly just the Se parts).
    You told me in pm that you identified with ISTP more?

    Anyway ESTP and ISTJ are mirror images of each other... If you are either... you would display traits of each from time to time...

    You are not inhibited and restrained like an ISTJ though... More like ESTP I guess...

  9. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    You told me in pm that you identified with ISTP more?
    I talked about MBTI ISTP in PM. Not about socionics SLI/ISTp.

    Please understand these are two different things. Take the systems at face value and learn about what you're actually dealing with before trying to unify them in a new system.


    Anyway ESTP and ISTJ are mirror images of each other... If you are either... you would display traits of each from time to time...

    You are not inhibited and restrained like an ISTJ though... More like ESTP I guess...
    Sure, I relate more to ESTP over ISTJ in any of the systems. The MBTI ISTP type isn't really there in socionics. Parts of it are in SLE/ESTp, some of it in SLI/ISTp (I don't relate to that part much) and other parts in other types.

  10. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Ti-Se type is ISTP in MBTI... check what PoLR (vulnerable aka 4th function) of ISTp is in socionics...
    btw if you take an extraverted type, such as ESTP, it's Ni-inferior in MBTI, but Fi-PoLR in socionics.

Similar Threads

  1. questioning my type
    By Mitzy in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 11:29 PM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 06:29 AM
  3. My friend has asked me to type her ex
    By welshlass in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 11:02 PM
  4. My Type... Good question.
    By Skyward in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 08:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO