User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@skylights' post, as well as others in here, have made me much more certain about 1w2. Especially now that I've made comparisons with myself and other 1w2 folks in my life. My mother is a definite INFJ 1/6/? social-last and I see vibe similarities re: 6-ish nervous energy. Whereas even when I (1/7/3) am anxious about something, I can generally hide it well. Stanford (I think) coined a term about their students, that I've adopted despite not having gone there: "Floating Duck Syndrome". Calm and serene above water, but paddling furiously underneath.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I think it's interesting that in Socionics there seems to be a much heavier relationship between Fe and emotion. In MBTI, it seems that Fe is actually often not particularly emotional, in terms of presenting internal emotion; rather Fe types would tend to use sharing emotion as a tool. Fi types are more inclined to be emotionally expressive because they have far less of a filter for what is situationally and interpersonally appropriate. With Fe types, there seems to be a significant amount of holding back of inner feelings, especially for NFJ, or at least a strong awareness of how the presentation of feeling is coming across and therefore greater restriction of how it is voiced.
    Yep, MBTI Fe is more about social rules and socionics Fe is more about emotionality. Though in socionics Fe is still also about going with the group and emotions can and will still be used as a tool by Fe egos but at the same time they are indeed like the MBTI Fi types with less of an emotional filter, less sticking to a certain kind of appropriate behaviour/talking style/etc. It seems to me that both Ti and Fi in socionics are less subjective in the original jungian sense and that instead they are more about universal truths (Ti truths or Fi norms). (Introversion and extraversion in socionics is really just different from Jung or MBTI.) So then that would explain why it's Fi that tries to be appropriate and not Fe. Even though Fe is still regulated by the shared group goal, common shared *and* expressed emotionality of the group etc. It's just not static universal ethical truths/norms but dynamic role playing with emotions or something.

I'm sure @edchidna1000 has a better way to explain all this though. This above is just what I know about socionics so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I don't want to be seen as a bad person. I have standards on how I want and should behave and presented and I will make myself conform to that.
    To what degree do you identify with this, if any?

http://www.enneagramspectrum.com/enn...styles/#style1

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    May also explain your reactiveness... ISTJs act like ESTPs under stress or when angry...

Also explains your low F and desire to remain detached...also your enneagram 1 typing...
    EH? Where do you get this information from? It is completely false.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TreeBob View Post
    EH? Where do you get this information from? It is completely false.
    What's the correct information?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    @skylights' post, as well as others in here, have made me much more certain about 1w2. Especially now that I've made comparisons with myself and other 1w2 folks in my life. My mother is a definite INFJ 1/6/? social-last and I see vibe similarities re: 6-ish nervous energy. Whereas even when I (1/7/3) am anxious about something, I can generally hide it well. Stanford (I think) coined a term about their students, that I've adopted despite not having gone there: "Floating Duck Syndrome". Calm and serene above water, but paddling furiously underneath.
    I totally know friends like that!! I love the term!! I actually have a high school friend who described herself like that (I wonder if any of her family went to Stanford?) and collects mini rubber ducks.

I think it's true that 6 kind of brings your paddling to the surface. Far less repression than 1, for all the good and (embarrassing) bad that goes along with that.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Yep, MBTI Fe is more about social rules and socionics Fe is more about emotionality. Though in socionics Fe is still also about going with the group and emotions can and will still be used as a tool by Fe egos but at the same time they are indeed like the MBTI Fi types with less of an emotional filter, less sticking to a certain kind of appropriate behaviour/talking style/etc. It seems to me that both Ti and Fi in socionics are less subjective in the original jungian sense and that instead they are more about universal truths (Ti truths or Fi norms). (Introversion and extraversion in socionics is really just different from Jung or MBTI.) So then that would explain why it's Fi that tries to be appropriate and not Fe. Even though Fe is still regulated by the shared group goal, common shared *and* expressed emotionality of the group etc. It's just not static universal ethical truths/norms but dynamic role playing with emotions or something.

I'm sure @edchidna1000 has a better way to explain all this though. This above is just what I know about socionics so far.
    Thank you for the explanation!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

What's the correct information?
    It doesn't work that way, you postulated the theory and should have backed up the claim. I am an ESTP and I work with and have dated multiple ISTJ. None of them are even remotely similar to me or my anger.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

It doesn't work that way, you postulated the theory and should have backed up the claim. I am an ESTP and I work with and have dated multiple ISTJ. None of them are even remotely similar to me or my anger.
    Which type do they look like when angry?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Which type do they look like when angry?
    You are doing it again. I am not going to tell you how it is. You haven't backed up your own claim.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

You are doing it again. I am not going to tell you how it is. You haven't backed up your own claim.
    Why not tell? If I disagree with someone's assertion, I definitely tell them how I find it's actually playing out. Regardless of whether they tried to back up their own claims; if they still fail to do so in the face of the facts I present or fail to integrate the information, their own problem.