First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    You sound like an F tert or F inf here...

This I don't expect in a F-dom... You get angry but holding yourself back?

This sounds like F-inferior...?

Also in regards to type one description, which cognitive function may be related to the instinctual drives mentioned there? Which function causes those instinctual drives?
    Yeah, your interpretations here of my statements are wrong. In fact, it's actually fairly common for Fe doms to be quite vocal about how they think/feel on matters, and quite easily share their thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc. Some more than others, but a major point is sharing. I keep a lot of my emotions to myself. The raw unprocessed ones are not for sharing a lot of the time because it would be unwarranted and unfair to others. Basic simple things like "I don't like that person", or "I love this cake", and even "I am feeling stressed because of reasons x, y, and z.", and that latter one is done in a light hearted way most of the time.

And yes, I hold myself back a lot. I repress a CRAPTON about myself. You're just looking at the surface though. The issue is why do I do this. Because I don't want to be a burden on others, and I don't want to be seen as a bad person. I have standards on how I want and should behave and presented and I will make myself conform to that. This is more of an enneagram point than a function point.

You're trying too hard to get each theory to match with each other. Don't do that. It doesn't work that way and it mucks up the system to try and fuse it. Each theory needs to be left indpendent for it to work correctly. The only time it gets called into question of mixing, is if you see someone typing as like, and ENTJ 2w1 (super crazy rare). All combinations have a possibility though. Really they are supposed to be independent.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Lol no offense, but if you told my ESFJ friend that her identity is based on what other people say it is she would punch you in the throat.

The system you thought up of yourself is flawed, and all you're doing is spreading misinformation.

My advice is to try to give feedback based on actual definitions, rather than your own interpretations.

Or else most people on here probably will stop taking you seriously after a while.

And this. How many times, by how many people have told you this? You are not the arbiter or typology, and you can't just create your own theories in your head. The misinformation you spread is actually the biggest part I take issue with.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Well, here's the thing. I DO see myself as ENFJ. I identify with it well, but you disagree with myself assessment, so the next thing to do is to check with the consensus of others. If there seems to be a mismatch pattern, then it would be worth reconsidering. Up to this point it seems to match up pretty darn well with how I see myself, and how others see me in regards to MBTI. Enneagram (as you can see) is getting some sorting. Tests are one thing, but they are notorious for being unreliable. They're good start points, but not the end all be all answer. You only linked one test, so I did that, this is what I got:

Keep in mind Socionics and MBTI are two different theories, and while they share parallels they are not the same system and will not always match up. Their definitions of functions are different, and their interplay is very different. Nevertheless, 3 years ago back on personality nation, I quite extensively sorted out my socionics type with several members there, and of them they were very versed with socionics. The conclusion: LSI, and clearly Beta. I have gotten LSI as a result several times. However I think the results are heavily skewed because I do not trust or accept the picture selection section of the test at all. As I said before in socionics, if I am not LSI, then I am EIE.

What do I feel inferior about? Being a shitty defective person. I am not what I see an "ideal" person should be, and I really don't like that. Out of anything else, this goes the deepest. I feel like there are aspects of myself that are not equip to live well in the modern world, and I feel rather powerless to fix them as I see it as being innate from birth. See a recent post for a good example of this. It makes me feel horrible about myself, and I really try and hide it from others so they don't see how shitty I actually am. A lot of the time I feel like I am wearing masks to appear as efficient and "perfect" as possible as this is the image I want myself to ideally be, and I want to be seen this way. I of course try to cater my behavior to match the image and truly be what I see that I should be, but it's difficult and truly impossible to master, but it doesn't stop me.

What causes me fear/anxiety? Doing something wrong that I did not anticipate. Making egregious mistakes, and overall failures. They crush me.

Yes I know I need to check public opinion about my awareness, that's exactly what I am doing.
    If you are very confident about your LSI - ISTj typing...that would mean you are an ISTJ in mbti... ie Si-Te-Fi-Ne... that would correspond to 963 or 964 tritype I guess...

May also explain your reactiveness... ISTJs act like ESTPs under stress or when angry...

Also explains your low F and desire to remain detached...also your enneagram 1 typing...

Check your earlier tritype thread...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2228150

Fits much better than ENFJ... Hi there fellow superego dominant...[emoji3]

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

If you are very confident about your LSI - ISTj typing...that would mean you are an ISTJ in mbti... ie Si-Te-Fi-Ne... that would correspond to 963 or 964 tritype I guess...
    No. It does not mean I am ISTJ because I tested as LSI (in fact, it would actually mean ISTP, since LSI is Ti-Se in socionics). This is completely wrong. As I said, MBTI, socionics, and enneagram are all three different theories. If you are one type, it does not automatically mean you have to be another type. There are patterns, but they are not rigid abslThat said the concept of ENFJ and LSI is pretty bizzare. I have very high confidence in ENFJ at this point, so more than likely LSI could be wrong, if not that, then EIE.

Type 9 is flat out laughable. Out of all the enneagram types, 9 is the one I identify with the least of all. I have close to none of the qualities you'd see in a 9.

May also explain your reactiveness... ISTJs act like ESTPs under stress or when angry...

Also explains your low F and desire to remain detached...also your enneagram 1 typing...

Check your earlier tritype thread...
    No. That is incorrect. There is no basis for this, and you are operating under the assumption that I would be ISTJ anyway, which you haven't offered any credible support of. As far as being reactive, is because some things get under my skin, and the only way to deal with them is to react with it. As I said, I choose when to react. It's very rare for me to be unable to control it.

Also, I don't have "low F". Using such a term is kind of meaningless anyway.

You're also putting too much reliance on test results. That enneagram test is pretty shitty. Test results are meerly starting points.

Fits much better than ENFJ... Hi there fellow superego dominant...[emoji3]
    No. It doesn't.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

The first one matches fairly well, I have read it many times before. Though, none of the socionic descriptions totally resonate with me. Some have chunks I relate to, and chunks I don't. As I said before, out of the three theories I put the least amount of stock into it.

As for the second link, part of it is BS. The idea of typing personality off written physical descriptions is bullshit, so I don't regard any of those. Also considering I am gay, the relationship matchups in socionics are hard to apply to myself. Ultimately it seems rather corraraly with external manistations which aren't too consistent. This is a big basis for socionics, and many don't agree with the foundation, and thus don't strongly regard it. This is why a number of members here don't really do much with it.

The first one matches fairly well, I have read it many times before. Though, none of the socionic descriptions totally resonate with me. Some have chunks I relate to, and chunks I don't. As I said before, out of the three theories I put the least amount of stock into it.

As for the second link, part of it is BS. The idea of typing personality off written physical descriptions is bullshit, so I don't regard any of those. Also considering I am gay, the relationship matchups in socionics are hard to apply to myself. Ultimately it seems rather corraraly with external manistations which aren't too consistent. This is a big basis for socionics, and many don't agree with the foundation, and thus don't strongly regard it. This is why a number of members here don't really do much with it.
    ISTJ is Ne inferior... they may be irritated by theorizing speculating and uncertainty...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

ISTJ is Ne inferior... they may be irritated by theorizing speculating and uncertainty...
    Yeah, that is a true statement. However, just because I display one attribute that fits that particular thing, does not make me that type. I've said before out of all the functions I identify with Ne the least, but just because I identify with it the least, does not mean it is my inferior function. I don't relate, and I don't use it. I relate to Te, but it doesn't mean I use it.

Even so, I am bothered by this because it seems incorrect, not for the basis of it being speculative or uncertain.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

@Hard

I won't disagree with the socionics test result, LSI seems to fit you pretty well, much more than EIE. And that enneagram 1-3-x thingie also does seem to. Based on the few posts I've read from you.

I don't know you IRL so maybe you're very different there, but here I just don't see you as a socionics lead type. Leading in socionics is about a lot more than just control over what emotions to share. It's about a certain skill and especially confidence in all related aspects. Are you confident in affecting other people's emotions, moods etc and energizing them into action through arousing their passion? LSI would make people do something by a very different method than an EIE would.

As for MBTI I have no idea, MBTI Fe is obviously different from the socionics . In MBTI I don't know either how Fe-doms exactly go about keeping control of the sharing of feelings other than it's adherence to some sort of social rules. But more than that, I can't really say what this is:

I make the thought "is it worth reacting loudly? Will it get to where I want or need things to go?"
    What kind of things? Yes this could be just Fe or it could be a T function dominating F function. You know yourself best so it would be interesting if you tried to analyse this further if you haven't yet. I'm certainly not going to guess without information about what's behind the stuff I quoted from you above.

On the surface your reasoning is reminiscent of how a friend of mine controls his emotions. He's a strong T type. But, as I said, these are not necessarily the same statements, only on the surface, I don't know what's behind it in your case.

Yeah, your interpretations here of my statements are wrong. In fact, it's actually fairly common for Fe doms to be quite vocal about how they think/feel on matters, and quite easily share their thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc. Some more than others, but a major point is sharing. I keep a lot of my emotions to myself. The raw unprocessed ones are not for sharing a lot of the time because it would be unwarranted and unfair to others. Basic simple things like "I don't like that person", or "I love this cake", and even "I am feeling stressed because of reasons x, y, and z.", and that latter one is done in a light hearted way most of the time.
    I'm a bit lost there, you first say it's common for Fe doms to share their emotions but you don't share them? This stuff about being unwarranted or being unfair, why do you think it's unfair?

And yes, I hold myself back a lot. I repress a CRAPTON about myself. You're just looking at the surface though. The issue is why do I do this. Because I don't want to be a burden on others, and I don't want to be seen as a bad person. I have standards on how I want and should behave and presented and I will make myself conform to that. This is more of an enneagram point than a function point.
    If it's a function you described here then definitely Fe-related. E1 through Fe? I dunno :p

You're trying too hard to get each theory to match with each other. Don't do that. It doesn't work that way and it mucks up the system to try and fuse it. Each theory needs to be left indpendent for it to work correctly. The only time it gets called into question of mixing, is if you see someone typing as like, and ENTJ 2w1 (super crazy rare). All combinations have a possibility though. Really they are supposed to be independent.
    They aren't entirely independent because they have the same subject, people. And obviously not independent if not all combinations are equally likely. But I do strongly agree about your conclusion, yes, the theories shouldn't be mixed up. They are indeed different theories and there is no fully consistent correlation between them exactly because they are different. Another better framework is required to make sense of the relations between the theories. If there's no such framework then yes best to treat them as entirely different.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@Hard... You've started this on wrong foot... You are trying to turn this into let's bash yeghor fest... I didn't ask you to do this... I said I'd contribute if you wanted to open your type into question... This was your suggestion...
    I think him mentioning you gives valuable information. Because I have judged your thoughts to be serious and well-intended I take your opinions more seriously than some others' and am therefore more inclined to consider your feedback on a subject. Maybe it makes you feel uneasy but to me it does not seem like an attack. If anything it is actually sort of flattering that your opinion was significant enough to cause him to raise the issue to forum discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    In MBTI I don't know either how Fe-doms exactly go about keeping control of the sharing of feelings other than it's adherence to some sort of social rules.
    I think it's interesting that in Socionics there seems to be a much heavier relationship between Fe and emotion. In MBTI, it seems that Fe is actually often not particularly emotional, in terms of presenting internal emotion; rather Fe types would tend to use sharing emotion as a tool. Fi types are more inclined to be emotionally expressive because they have far less of a filter for what is situationally and interpersonally appropriate. With Fe types, there seems to be a significant amount of holding back of inner feelings, especially for NFJ, or at least a strong awareness of how the presentation of feeling is coming across and therefore greater restriction of how it is voiced.

I can easily see @Hard as ENFJ or ESFJ at least in MBTI. I think it's true that there is some T-ish coolness but that can come from Ti. I do tend to see you as more Ti than Te, Hard. My mom is actually a strong-Je ESFJ, sp-so, and is on the "cooler" side, too. Hard reminds me of @Haven in a lot of ways, from username to overall presentation. Maybe with a little Uranaeiv (spelling... ?) thrown in. I could also see 6 in terms of enneagram but the wing is problematic. I don't see much 5 and I certainly don't see 7. I think 1 ends up as a better fit.