User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

@Hard

I don't really see 5 in you at all. Do you relate to 136 tritype descriptions?

Re: 6w5, 1w2, and being high-strung -- I'm not sure if it's the thing you're focusing your obsessiveness on, externally, that matters, so much as the reason why you're being obsessive about it. That would be where your core type would come in. Initially you seemed very 1w2 to me, and I still relate to a lot of the 1-ish things you talk about. But when we were on vent and you talked to me and @Elfboy about anger, I didn't relate at all to how you approached it. It seemed completely foreign to me, and I don't think that was because of your MBTI type (though it could have been).

Also I'm pretty damn sure about Fe-dom. Could see ESFJ as a second choice, but ENFJ makes the most sense to me.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

ENFJ 1w2 sp/so works. At least definitely better than sp/sx. And I think 6w5 as a head type sounds reasonable.

Socionics-wise, EIE seems to make more sense because you're not as dead or piercing as an LSI, you seem much more emotive and dramatic. Take that with a grain of salt.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

I definitely see you as ENFJ 1w2. Fe/Te can be difficult to distinguish because both are fairly driven, but based on our conversations I think Fe is more fitting. The only other thing I could see you as is an INFJ. But, that's only because most extroverted stereotypes don't seem to apply to you.

I agree with @EJCC though about the 6w5 fix. I see that as fitting better than 5w6.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

@Hard I believe your typing is correct. You have an adorable pushiness about you that points to ENFJ. On enneagram, I do not know enough to comment on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    I'm not trying to bash you. Besides, that's against the forum rules anyway and if that was my intent this would be quickly shut down. That said, I am pulling a double-duty with this thread. First, you aren't the only person who has questioned my type over the past few months (mostly with enneagram) and it's worth discussing and I would like to consider it. The other is, from my perspective your type suggestions have been SO off the mark that it's actually bothersome to me that you suggest it, mainly because it just seems so factually incorrect and baseless. I also want to show you in clear terms what my type is. I haven't really enertained your desire you consider a different type, and in the past shut it down saying "this isn't even up for question", so now I am allowing it to be questioned. It's much easier, as EJCC to put it in one spot. I want you to participate and witness so you'll see as clear as possible what my type really is. And yes, I'll ultimately want you honor that and acknowledge the conclusion. I can't make you, but if it does come up, I can refrence it here and end it on the spot. This way it is cleared up.

As per socionics, I can't take a test at the moment as I will be leaving and be out for most of the day. That said, the two types I have considered for socionics are LSI and EIE. I identify with both of them, and I am fairly certain it is either one of them. When I take socionics tests it comes out usually as either LIE, EIE, or LSE. Truthfully though, I don't put much stock into socionics so as of the three main theories here I put the least amount of weight on it. Enneagram and MBTI is my main focus.

Yes, the idea that I am an Se dom is fairly silly. I'm sort of the opposite of free wheeling, and I don't have the competive drive that Se doms often have. I am only competitive when I have no other option, or I do it quietly so it's not overtly. I'm also way too caring/considerate of social dynamics and related manners.

As for 6w5, I have honestly never given it true consideration before as it hasn't been suggested until you guys had mentioned it a few weeks ago. I think there'd be agreement it's either 6w5 or 1w2. Ultimately I feel 1w2 is a better fit, because while yes I am a high strung person, what I get high strung over is rather specefic (things not going/being right/correct), and most of things are 1w2 related. I'm also not constantly anxious, at least I don't think? Sometimes it's kind of hard to tell how I feel because I am always feeling stuff and I get used to it and stop noticing it until someone points it out. What are the hallmarks that seem 6 like and do you have any recommended reading?

Also do you think 5w6 should get booted from my tritype? That seems to be the current idea (and as I mentioned in the OP it seems unlikely).
    Do those 2 tests that I linked in my earlier posts please... they'll give more data to crunch... you can refer to public opinion as to how others perceive yourself but not anchor your identity entirely on public opinion...

It's like avoiding confronting yourself...and using others' feedback about self as the primary source to define who you are... This sounds like a Fe-dom...but which one?

That would mean your enneagram typing is wrong...

What do you feel inferior about? What causes you to lose your integrity temper, causes you fear anxiety?

Also you gotta check that public opinion against your awareness about yourself...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

I don't really see 5 in you at all. Do you relate to 136 tritype descriptions?
    So I looked up both 136 and 163. It's tough, but I feel like 136 fits better. If just for the fact that I read that 163 is praise seeking when they are not receiving enough. Yes it bothers me if I am not acknowledged, however I am not going to actively seek it. That's, well, really shitty and I do not want to be seen that way. I think 3 wins out because how I want to be seen is very important and I am very careful in cultivating it. On forums I care a lot less than I do in person.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Re: 6w5, 1w2, and being high-strung -- I'm not sure if it's the thing you're focusing your obsessiveness on, externally, that matters, so much as the reason why you're being obsessive about it. That would be where your core type would come in. Initially you seemed very 1w2 to me, and I still relate to a lot of the 1-ish things you talk about. But when we were on vent and you talked to me and Elfboy about anger, I didn't relate at all to how you approached it. It seemed completely foreign to me, and I don't think that was because of your MBTI type (though it could have been).

Also I'm pretty damn sure about Fe-dom. Could see ESFJ as a second choice, but ENFJ makes the most sense to me.
    I honestly don't remember the anger thing, other then explaining the one time 2 years ago where I had a release and just broke stuff around me. What was the part that had difference? By and large I don't experience anger much at all. I get flustered/annoyed easily, but true anger is an alien emotion to me most of the time. It's the one thing I never really related to with E1 is the whole anger suppression. Since I just don't feel anger much, I don't relate to it. When I do feel it though I almost always keep it in check, just like I try to hide all bad emotions from others, as it strikes me as unfair and rude to others.

I do identify with parts of 6 very strongly, but other parts I do not at all. Whenever I take enneagram tests 6 is usually not too high, because some I am totally on board with, others I am not. 6 often has this obsession with security. I sort of do, but not really. I am very careful with my things, and if I am unable to determine a good outcome for something I will be very cautionary to insure that nothing bad happens. For the most part though, the idea of security is just, innate. I don't need to think about it. In particular I don't need to stress or fret over people I can and can not trust. I usually know right off the bat if I can or not, and if it changes I quickly adapt to it and move on. It's sort of like, yes I identify with the positve sides of E6, but the negatives? Not so much. One exception is I am reactive. However, only certain things set me off and I am often able to choose to react or not. It's rare that I can not hold it back. I make the thought "is it worth reacting loudly? Will it get to where I want or need things to go?" and then go from there. Yes I am anxious and high strung. I'm a particular person and I have things that I like, dislike, want, don't want, etc. and I am not hesitant to share that. However anxiety is not something that really gets to me too bad.

Another issue with 6 is, while I strongly value group opinion to see how I should stand on something if I am unable to pin down something clearly, from my understanding 6's seem to have this level of co-dependency. I'm the opposite of that. I actually push away people who start to get close to me and VERY badly do not want to rely on others at all. In particular when stressed. I want everyone to go away, leave me alone, and I do not want to dump my problems on them.

With 1's, I identify with nearly all of it. I'll quote one thing in particular, because it brings up the point @Elfboy made in regards to head-type fixation.

Although Ones have a strong sense of purpose, they also typically feel that they have to justify their actions to themselves, and often to others as well. This orientation causes Ones to spend a lot of time thinking about the consequences of their actions, as well as about how to keep from acting contrary to their convictions. Because of this, Ones often persuade themselves that they are “head” types, rationalists who proceed only on logic and objective truth. But, the real picture is somewhat different: Ones are actually activists who are searching for an acceptable rationale for what they feel they must do. They are people of instinct and passion who use convictions and judgments to control and direct themselves and their actions. In the effort to stay true to their principles, Ones resist being affected by their instinctual drives, consciously not giving in to them or expressing them too freely.
    This is ME. I try and present myself, all the time, as thinking through and justifying all my actions and drives. Why I did something, and keeping in line of what I expect of myself and what others expect of me. However this is largely an intuitive process. I sort of do the opposite, I decide what I want or need to do, and then retroactively determine to cross check (I'll throw it out if it doesn't match). I don't want to be instinctual, because it paradoxically strikes me as inefficient and error-prone, so I try to block and question my intution until I can confirm it (this also links to secondary Ni assuming ENFJ is correct, which at this point seems pretty darn clear). I also really match the integration disintegration of 1's better than 6's. A major point is when I am stressed and disintigrating, I become less competitive (and I am not very to begin with, at least in a direct sense). When stressed I definitely start to become moody/mopey and just overall a icky person to deal with (to deal with this, I usually self-isolate).
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

If my earlier link doesn't work try this one please...

http://similarminds.com/advtest.html

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    It's like avoiding confronting yourself...and using others' feedback about self as the primary source to define who you are... This sounds like a Fe-dom...but which one?

Lol no offense, but if you told my ESFJ friend that her identity is based on what other people say it is she would punch you in the throat.

The system you thought up of yourself is flawed, and all you're doing is spreading misinformation.

My advice is to try to give feedback based on actual definitions, rather than your own interpretations.

Or else most people on here probably will stop taking you seriously after a while.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

I get flustered/annoyed easily, but true anger is an alien emotion to me most of the time. It's the one thing I never really related to with E1 is the whole anger suppression. Since I just don't feel anger much, I don't relate to it. When I do feel it though I almost always keep it in check, just like I try to hide all bad emotions from others, as it strikes me as unfair and rude to others.
    You sound like an F tert or F inf here...

One exception is I am reactive. However, only certain things set me off and I am often able to choose to react or not. It's rare that I can not hold it back. I make the thought "is it worth reacting loudly? Will it get to where I want or need things to go?" and then go from there. Yes I am anxious and high strung. I'm a particular person and I have things that I like, dislike, want, don't want, etc. and I am not hesitant to share that. However anxiety is not something that really gets to me too bad.
    This I don't expect in a F-dom... You get angry but holding yourself back?

Another issue with 6 is, while I strongly value group opinion to see how I should stand on something if I am unable to pin down something clearly, from my understanding 6's seem to have this level of co-dependency. I'm the opposite of that. I actually push away people who start to get close to me and VERY badly do not want to rely on others at all. In particular when stressed. I want everyone to go away, leave me alone, and I do not want to dump my problems on them.
    This sounds like F-inferior...?

Also in regards to type one description, which cognitive function may be related to the instinctual drives mentioned there? Which function causes those instinctual drives?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Do those 2 tests that I linked in my earlier posts please... they'll give more data to crunch... you can refer to public opinion as to how others perceive yourself but not anchor your identity entirely on public opinion...

What do you feel inferior about? What causes you to lose your integrity temper, causes you fear anxiety?

Also you gotta check that public opinion against your awareness about yourself...
    Well, here's the thing. I DO see myself as ENFJ. I identify with it well, but you disagree with myself assessment, so the next thing to do is to check with the consensus of others. If there seems to be a mismatch pattern, then it would be worth reconsidering. Up to this point it seems to match up pretty darn well with how I see myself, and how others see me in regards to MBTI. Enneagram (as you can see) is getting some sorting. Tests are one thing, but they are notorious for being unreliable. They're good start points, but not the end all be all answer. You only linked one test, so I did that, this is what I got:

Keep in mind Socionics and MBTI are two different theories, and while they share parallels they are not the same system and will not always match up. Their definitions of functions are different, and their interplay is very different. Nevertheless, 3 years ago back on personality nation, I quite extensively sorted out my socionics type with several members there, and of them they were very versed with socionics. The conclusion: LSI, and clearly Beta. I have gotten LSI as a result several times. However I think the results are heavily skewed because I do not trust or accept the picture selection section of the test at all. As I said before in socionics, if I am not LSI, then I am EIE.

What do I feel inferior about? Being a shitty defective person. I am not what I see an "ideal" person should be, and I really don't like that. Out of anything else, this goes the deepest. I feel like there are aspects of myself that are not equip to live well in the modern world, and I feel rather powerless to fix them as I see it as being innate from birth. See a recent post for a good example of this. It makes me feel horrible about myself, and I really try and hide it from others so they don't see how shitty I actually am. A lot of the time I feel like I am wearing masks to appear as efficient and "perfect" as possible as this is the image I want myself to ideally be, and I want to be seen this way. I of course try to cater my behavior to match the image and truly be what I see that I should be, but it's difficult and truly impossible to master, but it doesn't stop me.

What causes me fear/anxiety? Doing something wrong that I did not anticipate. Making egregious mistakes, and overall failures. They crush me.

Yes I know I need to check public opinion about my awareness, that's exactly what I am doing.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari