• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vivisect Vasilisa: My head, heart, and gut

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am interested in your thoughts and feedback about my enneagram type (well, even mbti and socionics would be welcome), but specifically tritype (for those that believe in it), but feedback on all facets is welcome. I am less active in the forefront of the forum than I used to be, but I am very active on ventrilo, so some of you may know better from that venue. Despite my reservations I want to open up in this thread, but I confess it is hard for me to do without feeling like an attention whore. Recently I unearthed some personal posts I made, which may shed some light on my inner workings, and they are available in links here. I have two blogs, image world and forms. I recorded a type me video in which I awkwardly attempted to answer some questions about myself, it is posted here. If you believe in facial recognition of instinctual variants (or socionics, whatever else), there is a picture of my face for reference here.

I've taken plenty of enneagram quizzes and tests, some several times. I know this is a lot of data, but I offer it up to you, in case you put any stock into such things.
Comprehensive Enneagram Quiz | Similar Minds Jung + Enneagram Test | handprint.com Enneagram test | New Enneagram Test - helloquizzy | The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test | Enneagram test with Instinctual Variant | Fun Enneagram Test | Various Enneagram Tests | Eclectic Energies Test | Free Likert RHETI enneagram test | Blog Enneagram Test | 459 Tritype question

Possibly (probably?) this is only something I can deduce. But if you have impressions or inquiries I would love to hear from you. I appreciate your time and attention. Thank you.

S

Society

heart type: 4w5 seems like the obvious choice, but 4w3 is on the table.
gut type: 1w2 seems most likely followed by 1w9. we can eliminate 8 and 9 fixes quite easily i think.
head type: still in question. a 7 fix doesn't fit, but a 6w7 might, though 6w5 seems more likely.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9273]Vasilisa[/MENTION]
heart: 4w3
head: 5w?
gut: 9w1
instinctual variant: So/Sx or Sx/Sp
core: 9w1

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4w3/1w9/6w5?

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know you that well, but the pictures I've seen of you have a very INFJ feel to them (steady gaze, but soft, not hard like an INTJ's "death glare"). [PS, the ones with you and the tiger cubs are more revealing of your type than the one you linked, though your link echoes what I see in the tiger cub pics.] Also, they so very much remind me of my INFJ mom, I don't doubt INFJ for a second. And just to be clear, by "INFJ" I mean Ni (strong Ni!) with an Fe focus on the world, not an arbitrary "you seem to fit the INFJ descriptions I've read on the net" way.

As for your enneagram type, the basis of typing in enneagram is usually not revealed by typical online interaction. It's based on a reflex, a reaction, and that reaction is usually OK (as it is frequent and thus one has much practice), but the reveal is that you'll react THAT WAY even when it's clearly stupid (even to you) to do so. You appear to be thinking in terms of the 459 tritype, and I've no reason to doubt that. If so, you are clearly not a 5. I see no tendency to go into critical complex detail, no tendency to prove your mastery of a subject. If you have 5 in your tritype, it's mostly because you're a brainy type, not because you are a 5. Therefore you are likely either a 4 or a 9. At that point, it's just a matter of determining whether you value your piece of mind more than your self-identity. That can be a tough call, as the vibe is very similar, both very introspective, both tending towards finding a path to wisdom and self-knowledge. I can only say that you should review the nine Riso-Hudson integration/disintegration levels for both 4 and 9, and see which one applies to you at the your most disintegrated. That's how I figured out I was a 9, which was kind of a difficult process overall as 9s tend to find bits of themselves in all the enneagram types. I disintegrate like a 9 does, therefore that is my type.

That said, you don't seem as volatile as the typical 4, which would imply that your type is 9. I don't have enough information, however, to say this definitively.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi. :)

I spent a little bit of time reading some of your links, and also looking at your video again. I know that a long while ago I had wondered about your heart type, unsure on 4 and wondering about 2. However, after looking at some of your links, I am going to go with 4 - though, I don't think I have a good enough knowledge of you to tell between w3 or w5. I think that the so-dom is very notable, which may have given me the 2 question-mark in the past.

For gut type, I think that you are likely 1, over 9. I think 1w2 (I think you have a more dominant 'inner critic', maybe more deliberating, more desiring to help and guide?, hence 1, vs 9, which is a different flavor)

I think you're probably a 6 for head type; likely 6w5.

Core = 4 imo

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4 as the core is my impression. I don't know a whole lot about tritypes- but I'd guess either 5 or 6 (leaning towards 5) and 9 or 1 (could go either way).

Not especially helpful, I know, but that's my vote.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Hi, thanks for tagging me. I haven't gotten into tri-typing yet, but I do believe you are INFJ, probably a 9.

Off the top of my head, I'm torn between 459 (The Contemplative) and 469 (The Seeker). I don't think you're 1-fixed just because of your self-criticality. The 4 is plenty capable of self criticism and a drive towards perfection.

Also, you're often withdrawn and personally disengaged, which would seem more common for 49x than 14x.

I'm leaning 5 > 6 for you re: head fix, primarily because of your tendency to collect information and leverage it to your benefit.

I'll watch your video and read your blogs more thoroughly later and come back to this.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Off the top of my head, I'm torn between 459 (The Contemplative) and 469 (The Seeker). I don't think you're 1-fixed just because of your self-criticality. The 4 is plenty capable of self criticism and a drive towards perfection.

Also, you're often withdrawn and personally disengaged, which would seem more common for 49x than 14x.
I remember awhile back when she asked about her tritype my knee jerk reaction was 469. So I'll guesstimate and say 4w5-6w5-9w1.

I'm pretty confident about so/sx.

Starry

Oh wow Vasilisa...this is a challenging one for me. Prior to having looked through all the links you provided I would have said (rather confidently really) 4w5 1w2 6w5.

After looking at all the links though...and seeing that you repeatedly score fairly high on 3 & 9 <-this only becomes confusing for me when I see how low you repeatedly score on 6. IOW I think a good number of INFJ 4w5s & 9w1s are actually 6w5s (for example Phantonym, a very clear INFJ 6w5, scored as a core 9 on a test you linked to where you also scored as a core 9.) With high 3 & 9...I would probably just switch it around 6w5 1w2 4w5...and call it day...but with you I can't.

The dilemma I'm in here is that I've always seen 1 & 2 in you...i see it and hear it...even again tonight reading through all your words. But oh crap... you can't be 1 & 2 if you're 3 & 9.

So here's where I'm at...

4w5 9w1 6w5 The Seeker sp/so or so/sp (<-I guess I could also see you as 459 but in spite of being, yes, somewhat withdrawn... you have a very humanistic side to you. I've seen you come alive and take just stands in ways that has a very '6-like-humanity' vibe to it.)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
4w5 9w1 6w5 The Seeker sp/so or so/sp (<-I guess I could also see you as 459 but in spite of being, yes, somewhat withdrawn... you have a very humanistic side to you. I've seen you come alive and take just stands in ways that has a very '6-like-humanity' vibe to it.)

I'm going with this tritype for you too Vas, except instead of sx-last I agree with your current typing as so/sx. :yes:

R

Riva

I think you are a 4 6 9.

Didn't get a chance to watch the video blogs though i have seen the one you posted in the video blog thread a while back.

I am typing you from our vent interactions that have always aways been shaky.

In the image triad you are def a 4.

In the gut triad (i think thats the name) you could be a e1 but as senza said your self criticism is more of a e4 thing than a e1 aspect. Yes e4 like senza said are capable of it.

Also e9s like to avoid conflict which is somewhat of an issue for someone like me who likes to communicate the issues and move on (though i might also be a e9 in my tritype which is weird).

E9s especially 9w8s i find a bit scary (esp if a feeler) because they suddenly get mad though at most times chill. It's like they need to keep the peace and when disturbed they lash out suddenly and due to them being feelers at most times having a peaceful traits can put people off. I myself it like this but i think due to being an extrovert and quite apparent feeling and anger my emotions don't come off as something different.

I think this e9 trait is why the two of us have so many issues. You need to keep the peace even when blood is spilled whereas i not wanting it to happen again needs to confront people on it. This aspect of me probably annoys you.

In the head triad (i think that's what it is called) is the harde......

Edit - i'll type the rest later. Got a bit busy at work.

Edit - back. I'm trying to type you from my knowledge and not have other's opinions change mine. (I did the mistake of reading some of senza's well written post).

You definitely have an e5 vbe. You seem to face EVERYTHING in a e5 manner: tthat observe from a far, see how things work and then take part. However at the same time you also have the external security e6 aspect too. So maybe i am seeing a lot of e5 because of the w5 from both e6 and e4. Given the choices between 6 and 5 i will go with 6 because e5s have that be detached obsrrver thing whereas you are definitely engaging.

So i think 4w5 6w5 9w8 is you.

I am probably 9w8 in my tritype too because i get fucking disgusted when i am disturbed (which i seenin you when the two of us have issues). I am probably 7w8 which makes me want to not have any bad blood any further so lets solve this here and now aspect to me. Also i tend to choose my battles rather than ignore them which probably makes me 7w8 > 9w8. I thought i was an 9 for a while but senza tema convinced i am not in less than 3 mins :cry:.

I'm going with 4w5 9w1 6w5 too, because [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION].

No, seriously, I think her explanation is very good.

G

Ginkgo

I'm going with 4w5 9w1 6w5 too, because [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION].

No, seriously, I think her explanation is very good.

Makes sense. The 6 fix would also fall more in line with the primary social instinct (which Vas seems more confident about).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ From what I've observed wrt to you, Vas, so far, that seems about right.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Ok, upon looking at others', and looking back at my own:

4w5 9w1 5w6 or 4w5 9w1 6w5 seem like the likeliest candidates

Why do you think you scored so high on 3 in that test result I posted, tho?

Z and I have been talking about you via visitor message and I figured it would be good to share the general impressions I had with you as well. If anything I said rubs you the wrong way, I'm sorry. :cry:

Anyway.

IME, people who aren't very self revealing are that way partly because they don't want to reveal what they dislike about themselves and partly because they don't even know what to reveal.

For me, the stuff you post is like a lovely shifting kaleidoscope of images and ideas and words but what you like and who you are are two different things and it's really hard to tell which is which when you've invested too much time in the cultivation of the latter. You're a bit similar to Stansmith and me in this regard though I think both of you have more thematic unity than I do (and you much more than Stan.)

You know how twitter folks sometimes post in their bios that retweets =/= endorsements? For me, that's kind of how I see the stuff you post and it's the reason I can't really make up my mind. I don't know what's just a retweet and what's an endorsement because your personal involvement/feelings are concealed, even though the personal tone--the Vasilisa flavor--is very much there.

Uh. Anyway, I've convinced myself that you're strongly 9-fixed and it might possibly be your core type?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
And I subconsciously planted it in senza's brain that your core type might be 9...

:D:evilgenius::ninja: