User Tag List

View Poll Results: What's My Type?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTP

    0 0%
  • INFP

    2 40.00%
  • ENTP

    1 20.00%
  • ENFP

    2 40.00%
  • ISTP

    0 0%
  • ISFP

    0 0%
  • ESTP

    0 0%
  • ESFP

    0 0%
  • ISTJ

    0 0%
  • ISFJ

    0 0%
  • ESTJ

    0 0%
  • ESFJ

    0 0%
  • INTJ

    0 0%
  • INFJ

    0 0%
  • ENTJ

    0 0%
  • ENFJ

    0 0%
First 3456 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 52

  1. #41
    Wandering... Emperor Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I don't know how the function conversion from socio to mbti work... I read the descriptions and decided that the types are directly convertible...

    So LII (INTp) description sounds to me like INTJ rather than INTP...
    Hmmm...
    I assumed that INTP is directly corresponding to LII after reading these sources. The cognitive functions of LII are oriented similarly to the the way the INTP cognitive functions are oriented.
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LII
    http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/

  2. #42
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Enigma View Post
    I think I use a fair amount of facial expressions and gestures (especially the gestures, I move my hands a lot when I talk, to the extent that it has occasionally been a subject of ridicule) but I'm not as animated as Richard Feynman in the video.

    "Uninhibited, doing and saying whatever comes to mind: storytelling, flamboyant exaggerations, witty wise-cracking, performing."

    Cross out performing and that's me when I'm comfortable.

    Also, I'm fun-loving but not in that sense.... it sounds too active and energetic.
    Your persona, i.e. your personality that you use to interact with the world outside intimate setting like family or friends is INTJ then, which being the one you use mostly to navigate around the world and life is your MBTI type... Your relaxed type is the mirror image of it, i.e. ENTP, which I call, contrary to popular opinion, your shadow type... We are both capable of using both types, but the "persona" is more capable, whereas shadow manifests or can assert itself more in safer, intimate settings or when angry or charged with negative emotions...

    So you must be an INTJ then... Check INTJ descriptions and notable INTJs for their demeanor in youtube videos... Late Ayn Rand is said to be one... I think Jodie Foster may fit too...

  3. #43
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Enigma View Post
    Hmmm...
    I assumed that INTP is directly corresponding to LII after reading these sources. The cognitive functions of LII are oriented similarly to the the way the INTP cognitive functions are oriented.
    http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LII
    http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/
    There's something "funny" about the function order in the two systems... I go by the description rather than function because of that...

  4. #44

  5. #45
    Wandering... Emperor Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Your persona, i.e. your personality that you use to interact with the world outside intimate setting like family or friends is INTJ then, which being the one you use mostly to navigate around the world and life is your MBTI type... Your relaxed type is the mirror image of it, i.e. ENTP, which I call, contrary to popular opinion, your shadow type... We are both capable of using both types, but the "persona" is more capable, whereas shadow manifests or can assert itself more in safer, intimate settings or when angry or charged with negative emotions...

    So you must be an INTJ then... Check INTJ descriptions and notable INTJs for their demeanor in youtube videos... Late Ayn Rand is said to be one... I think Jodie Foster may fit too...
    I do relate quite well (not completely) to the INTJ descriptions.
    What about the cognitive functions? Observing my posts, which functions do you detect?

    I've noticed that L and Light from Death Note are typed INTP and INTJ, respectively. Yes, I wanted Light to prevail in the end because I was interested in seeing the realization of his vision of a new world but I definitely identified more with L.

  6. #46
    Senior Member yeghor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Enigma View Post
    I do relate quite well (not completely) to the INTJ descriptions.
    What about the cognitive functions? Observing my posts, which functions do you detect?

    I've noticed that L and Light from Death Note are typed INTP and INTJ, respectively. Yes, I wanted Light to prevail in the end because I was interested in seeing the realization of his vision of a new world but I definitely identified more with L.
    Don't know about your function sorry...

    I "think" Light is an ENTJ whereas L is an INTP, they are mirror images of each other... One is high-functioning the other is low...




  7. #47
    Wandering... Emperor Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    264

    Default

    After a considerable amount of research, I have arrived at the conclusion that I'm an xNTP. I need confirmation for this, however.

    Does anyone else have observations to share?

  8. #48
    Wandering... Emperor Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Anyone?

  9. #49
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    ENTP, ENTp-Ti. As I've already stated.

    Let's analyze an analysis made prior.
    Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept (INTPs work on hard\tangible knowledge rather than abstract) (INTPs categorize and systematize possibilities through the Ti-Ne mechanism and are therefore perfectly adept at creating concepts, INTPs work on abstract knowledge rather than hard tangible data, which would be more indicative of ISTP) of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. (These are personal Ni conclusion and patterns that INTJ discovers and accumulates in his\her lifetime) (Actually, this is the application of internalized logical rules to the environment rather than the absorption of environmental data and dissemination of it to produce an insight into an external system; therefore, this is indicative of Ti over the Ni-Te mechanism) When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work (Ne > Ni, Ni focuses on realistic probabilities rather than 'it's possible or could work'). At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have (abstract and possibility are N functions domain, so N-dominant type) (Ti tears apart externalized information and systematizes it, allowing the INTj to see the entire system through its individualized part and thus giving them the insight to how the system functions, much like a watchmaker with all of the individual mechanized parts of a watch whirring; it's the fact that they can break apart systems with such ease and logical scrutiny); at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. (INTJs and INFJs are inferior in Se function, which is about immediate and present physical environment, if they fail to take physical circumstances into account in their abstract ideas, their ideas become inapplicable in reality...) (Unfortunately, this is Se being suppressed by Ne, where Se is the vulnerable function and thus ignored and even loathed, unlike the Se-inferiors, which would possess Se unconsciously and unconsciously gravitate to more realistic/probable (Ni/Se axis) solutions to problems rather than creative, expansive solutions that are not fairly tethered to reality (Ne/Si axis).) Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant. Learn more about the LII here!

  10. #50
    Wandering... Emperor Enigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    LIE Ni
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    ENTP, ENTp-Ti. As I've already stated.

    Let's analyze an analysis made prior.
    Alright. I'm inclined towards ENTP now. That was great analysis. However, at the moment, I want to know what the principal distinction between ENTP and INTP is. Why would you say that I'm an Ne-dom rather than a Ti-dom? Incidentally, I think I'm more of an introvert, but I guess being a cognitive introvert is different?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 01:38 PM
  2. Grinding Gears on the Road to Extraversion
    By wolfy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-01-2009, 12:57 AM
  3. Note to Self...
    By Mempy in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO