• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Road To Self-Discovery Commences!

What's My Type?

• INTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • ISTP

• ISFP

• ESTP

• ESFP

• ISTJ

• ISFJ

• ESTJ

• ESFJ

• INTJ

• INFJ

• ENTJ

• ENFJ

• Total voters

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
I don't know how the function conversion from socio to mbti work... I read the descriptions and decided that the types are directly convertible...

So LII (INTp) description sounds to me like INTJ rather than INTP...

Hmmm...
I assumed that INTP is directly corresponding to LII after reading these sources. The cognitive functions of LII are oriented similarly to the the way the INTP cognitive functions are oriented.
http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LII
http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LII-INTj/

yeghor

I think I use a fair amount of facial expressions and gestures (especially the gestures, I move my hands a lot when I talk, to the extent that it has occasionally been a subject of ridicule) but I'm not as animated as Richard Feynman in the video.

"Uninhibited, doing and saying whatever comes to mind: storytelling, flamboyant exaggerations, witty wise-cracking, performing."

Cross out performing and that's me when I'm comfortable.

Also, I'm fun-loving but not in that sense.... it sounds too active and energetic.

Your persona, i.e. your personality that you use to interact with the world outside intimate setting like family or friends is INTJ then, which being the one you use mostly to navigate around the world and life is your MBTI type... Your relaxed type is the mirror image of it, i.e. ENTP, which I call, contrary to popular opinion, your shadow type... We are both capable of using both types, but the "persona" is more capable, whereas shadow manifests or can assert itself more in safer, intimate settings or when angry or charged with negative emotions...

So you must be an INTJ then... Check INTJ descriptions and notable INTJs for their demeanor in youtube videos... Late Ayn Rand is said to be one... I think Jodie Foster may fit too...

yeghor

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Your persona, i.e. your personality that you use to interact with the world outside intimate setting like family or friends is INTJ then, which being the one you use mostly to navigate around the world and life is your MBTI type... Your relaxed type is the mirror image of it, i.e. ENTP, which I call, contrary to popular opinion, your shadow type... We are both capable of using both types, but the "persona" is more capable, whereas shadow manifests or can assert itself more in safer, intimate settings or when angry or charged with negative emotions...

So you must be an INTJ then... Check INTJ descriptions and notable INTJs for their demeanor in youtube videos... Late Ayn Rand is said to be one... I think Jodie Foster may fit too...

I do relate quite well (not completely) to the INTJ descriptions.
What about the cognitive functions? Observing my posts, which functions do you detect?

I've noticed that L and Light from Death Note are typed INTP and INTJ, respectively. Yes, I wanted Light to prevail in the end because I was interested in seeing the realization of his vision of a new world but I definitely identified more with L.

yeghor

I do relate quite well (not completely) to the INTJ descriptions.
What about the cognitive functions? Observing my posts, which functions do you detect?

I've noticed that L and Light from Death Note are typed INTP and INTJ, respectively. Yes, I wanted Light to prevail in the end because I was interested in seeing the realization of his vision of a new world but I definitely identified more with L.

Don't know about your function sorry...

I "think" Light is an ENTJ whereas L is an INTP, they are mirror images of each other... One is high-functioning the other is low...

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
After a considerable amount of research, I have arrived at the conclusion that I'm an xNTP. I need confirmation for this, however.

Does anyone else have observations to share?

Alea_iacta_est

ENTP, ENTp-Ti. As I've already stated.

Let's analyze an analysis made prior.
Using introverted thinking as his base function and extroverted intuition as his creative, the LII is adept at creating a concept (INTPs work on hard\tangible knowledge rather than abstract) (INTPs categorize and systematize possibilities through the Ti-Ne mechanism and are therefore perfectly adept at creating concepts, INTPs work on abstract knowledge rather than hard tangible data, which would be more indicative of ISTP) of reality through the synthesis and application of preformulated principles and rules. (These are personal Ni conclusion and patterns that INTJ discovers and accumulates in his\her lifetime) (Actually, this is the application of internalized logical rules to the environment rather than the absorption of environmental data and dissemination of it to produce an insight into an external system; therefore, this is indicative of Ti over the Ni-Te mechanism) When formulating new principles, the LII methodically analyzes new information, taking the salient aspects and discarding the extraneous. Staying within the boundaries of his principles, the LII is capable of generating new ideas and possibilities of how the world could work (Ne > Ni, Ni focuses on realistic probabilities rather than 'it's possible or could work'). At its best, this ability gives the LII an aura of confidence and insightfulness into areas of abstraction and possibility that many other types don't have (abstract and possibility are N functions domain, so N-dominant type) (Ti tears apart externalized information and systematizes it, allowing the INTj to see the entire system through its individualized part and thus giving them the insight to how the system functions, much like a watchmaker with all of the individual mechanized parts of a watch whirring; it's the fact that they can break apart systems with such ease and logical scrutiny); at its worst, this ability may lead the LII to possibilities so impractical or unreachable that he is perceived as others to be out of touch with reality. (INTJs and INFJs are inferior in Se function, which is about immediate and present physical environment, if they fail to take physical circumstances into account in their abstract ideas, their ideas become inapplicable in reality...) (Unfortunately, this is Se being suppressed by Ne, where Se is the vulnerable function and thus ignored and even loathed, unlike the Se-inferiors, which would possess Se unconsciously and unconsciously gravitate to more realistic/probable (Ni/Se axis) solutions to problems rather than creative, expansive solutions that are not fairly tethered to reality (Ne/Si axis).) Additionally, the LIIs inclination for deep isolated thoughts often leaves him disconnected from societal interaction--as if he is constantly an observer but never a participant. Learn more about the LII here!

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
ENTP, ENTp-Ti. As I've already stated.

Let's analyze an analysis made prior.

Alright. I'm inclined towards ENTP now. That was great analysis. However, at the moment, I want to know what the principal distinction between ENTP and INTP is. Why would you say that I'm an Ne-dom rather than a Ti-dom? Incidentally, I think I'm more of an introvert, but I guess being a cognitive introvert is different?

Alea_iacta_est

Alright. I'm inclined towards ENTP now. However, at the moment, I want to know what the principal distinction between ENTP and INTP is. Why would you say that I'm an Ne-dom rather than a Ti-dom? Incidentally, I think I'm more of an introvert, but I guess being a cognitive introvert is different?

Irrationality vs Rationality (inb4 stop with Socionics categories; double inb4 this applies equally well to JCF and is simply the product of lead judging functions and perception functions). You seem like the type to readily take into account new information and adjust your own view of things according to the reception of that information rather than to carefully scrutinize external data in an attempt to see if it lines up with your point of view of how the world works or how things make sense to you.

ENTPs can oftentimes be highly introverted, and I would think doubly so with an ENTp-Ti Socionics type, which possesses a much more serious, laid-back demeanor.

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
Irrationality vs Rationality (inb4 stop with Socionics categories; double inb4 this applies equally well to JCF and is simply the product of lead judging functions and perception functions). You seem like the type to readily take into account new information and adjust your own view of things according to the reception of that information rather than to carefully scrutinize external data in an attempt to see if it lines up with your point of view of how the world works or how things make sense to you.

ENTPs can oftentimes be highly introverted, and I would think doubly so with an ENTp-Ti Socionics type, which possesses a much more serious, laid-back demeanor.

Hmmm... definitely. A friend once compared me to a sponge because I just take in information and judge it later. People have also called me gullible. ENTP does seem plausible now.
Thanks for your help!