• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

is chanaynay so/sx or sx/so?

what is chanaynay's instinct variant?

• Total voters

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I feel a lot of young, e7s do what you describe above regardless of variants. When he connects with an individual he is pretty focused, forceful and intense...and I see my younger self in that. Actually "focused" is one of the main qualities that causes me to hold off on turning over my opinion on variants. He can keenly, keenly focus on an individual...while so many so/sx e7s are...so, so breezy and disconnected and spread thin...it's as if you can hear it come through in their communication.
Maybe this is just my experience with him, but I wouldn't have described him as locking into individuals to quite that extent. Even after he's locked in, he's still aware enough of others and their connections to the subject that he'll repeatedly bring more people into the conversation (when it's appropriate, of course). Maybe this is just my experience with sx-firsts, but I can't imagine them wanting to turn one-on-one into a party -- but that's what I see with Chanaynay, fairly often, and I see myself do that as well.

The two of us are clearly biased by comparing Chanaynay to ourselves. Although I do think that you are much more intense and much more one-on-one than him. I don't see you shouting to the entire audience and hoping for a group of like-minded folks to answer -- I see you waiting for the right person to intrigue you, in the audience, BEFORE you shout. But I could very easily be reading you wrong.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*watches my pretties talk about me in amusement*

:evilgenius:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*watches my pretties talk about me in amusement*

:evilgenius:

51987-Are-You-Not-Entertained-1a5I.jpeg

Starry

Maybe this is just my experience with him, but I wouldn't have described him as locking into individuals to quite that extent. Even after he's locked in, he's still aware enough of others and their connections to the subject that he'll repeatedly bring more people into the conversation (when it's appropriate, of course). Maybe this is just my experience with sx-firsts, but I can't imagine them wanting to turn one-on-one into a party -- but that's what I see with Chanaynay, fairly often, and I see myself do that as well.

The two of us are clearly biased by comparing Chanaynay to ourselves. Although I do think that you are much more intense and much more one-on-one than him. I don't see you shouting to the entire audience and hoping for a group of like-minded folks to answer -- I see you waiting for the right person to intrigue you, in the audience, BEFORE you shout. But I could very easily be reading you wrong.

Up until now I've been incredibly mysterious and intriguing...kinda like a spiritual Mystic really…

wpid-oprah1.gif

with regards to this whole *card* thing and what has yet to be played from Chanaynay's hand. But one of those things is I can't tell how hard his 6 wing has truly hit. I mean, I've described it as being much like driving along in your classic convertible at a super fun speed...top down because it's a gorgeous [day]...favorite music playing loud and you are literally the happiest person on the earth... Until God decides to ruin your life by rolling the gigantic e6 boulder into your way and you begin the never-ending 360° of paranoia and anxiety.

As an sx dom...I did exactly as Chanaynay prior to becoming an agoraphobic hermit. This to me is (or potentially is) pre-Hell Ne dominance + exciting sx experience. Second-guessing everything really takes a lot out of you...and you just end up sticking with the two or three people that think you're "not that terribly Howard Hughesy."

I need to come back to this in a few minutes...

G

Ginkgo

My dear Nathan, in terms of forum presence and social ado, he reminds me of EJCC, who, as I just looked up, types as so/sx.

At the risk of starting a bleeding, I say: no.

I suppose I'm glad to find more reason for my original typing of him to be correct, but it never really hurts to explore possibilities if you just rule them out in an effort to analyze someone.

And yes, just because he refers to someone by name doesn't necessarily mean anything about his subtype - considering the fact that you're sp.

Starry

I need to come back to this in a few minutes...

I was gone a few minutes longer than I had originally estimated ha...and now I don't quite remember what it was that I had wanted to say...

There's a member on this site that...well first...basically believes if you are an ENFP...you are automatically an e7...that there's really no other e-type that an ENFP can possibility be. But more applicable to this thread...is this person also believes that if you are an ENFP 7...you are automatically a social dom (so/sx or so/sp.) <-That that is the only way an ENFP 7 can be stacked. <-Which, aside from the fact I feel the majority of ENFPs are e7s whether they wish to embraced the reality of their superficiality or keep the lie-they're-telling-themselves *alive*... I thought this "social dom only" thing was highly misguided...until I encountered enneagram authors that appeared to be saying this same thing. I am of the opinion though...that this is all 'young Ne's' fault. The truth of it is...is youthful Ne + e7 is so unbelievably fun...that there's absolutely no incentive to come down off that high until shit starts knocking you down. And 100% pure, youthful Ne + 7 in all its "I universally love everything including people loving each other...with a special emphasis on *me!*" can get mistaken for the so-doms desire to create such things.

And sx-dominance just doesn't look the same at 7. I'm a poor example in this regard because sx/sp creates more of a circular/"artist-styled-bouts of inspired energy" (4 fix) ...while sx/so is all directed, forward-moving energy. And I'm counterphobic...while Beyonce is not. There is an ENFP e7 so/sx that I would have liked to have used as a comparison but this person has changed their e-type and I can't deal with another "fyi - I'm contemplative Starry!!!" *offended* thing again... but there's a good deal of baseline anxiousness in the e7 so/sx (as well as the so/sp) that Chanaynay lacks (not that the other e7s don't experience all the same...but it's not on the surface like it is for the social 7s.)

Still I must make it clear I'm merely making a case for remaining undecided. I'm not ready to make a call.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
(re-reading this thread)

[MENTION=17131]Beyonce[/MENTION] (Chandler [Christ, why did you pick that name? I feel like a dumbass sub-vocalizing it. Lol.])

*waits patiently to go back to Chanaynay*

You strike me as intense like an sx/so. Whenever I talk to you, I feel like I'm being reeled in on a one-on-one level. But...

I think if you were an sx/so, you'd come across as more tortured, as though you were wrecking yourself over your obsessions (I would say this would be true for you even in light of the fact that you are 7w6). The closest I've seen you come to that point basically just resembles an indirect cattiness in which it doesn't really seem like you feel that that much is at stake. ps - I don't think less of you for it. Even when you disagree with someone, you just come across as far more polished than the sx/so's I've seen on this board.

Mmm, yes. I don't like to good standing on the forum and stuff, despite whatever quarrels I get into. I mean I do think a lot of people are stupid and have thrown them into my mental trashcan but you know. :wink: And I'm sure sx-seconds can be more one-to-one oriented too.

A couple of addendums - I don't really give a damn about the instinctual stacking descriptions as they relate to each type. Things look less confusing, albeit more simple, when you just stick to the meat and bones stackings. I suggest adhering to one or the other, but not both, since they don't always entail each other with exactitude.

:yes: Agree completely.

Also, in the time I've been here, I've been typed as sp/sx, sx/sp, sx/so, and so/sx. Needless to say, if I relied entirely on a consensus, I would have driven myself nutters. Don't worry too much about this. You are Chandler, first and foremost. \m/

YEEE partying with nath :party2:

I have the opposite impression, actually, although not in any extreme fashion (rhyme!). I feel there is always something conversationalist about his talks, and he usually does entertain more than one party at a time.

Except for you honey. :smooch: You get a dance in the private room.

Good call [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] -- [MENTION=17131]Beyonce[/MENTION] and I definitely vibe similar in that regard. I think that's part of the reason why we hit it off right away.

:heart: Can't agree more!!

Of all of Chanaynay/Beyonce's typings, the ones I'm most certain of are ExFP and so/sx. Like others on the thread have said so far, he's practically the epitome of so/sx. So I think any confusion on the instinctual variant front is due to people's misunderstanding as to what so/sx means -- seems to be a less common type on the forum, and hardly ever talked about (especially compared to the two social-last types). Hell, I'm as so/sx as it gets, and there was some resistance to that typing when I first adopted it.

That's true, a lot of what's been discussed seems like sx-second to me. Aka, the "healthy" grasp where it doesn't actively worry my mind and but it doesn't get pushed to the backburner. Just for example from the recent conversation:

"All I know is that he's virtually the only person on this site to loosely refer to me by name, without deeply knowing me. On one hand, you might consider this a standard social grace. On the other, it may indicate a desire to keep close tabs on a person. In all likelihood, it's a mixture of both."

The problem is, sx needs actually do worry me. It runs through my mind daily about whether or not I'll find that special person I'll have the right chemistry with and, whether it's social-first or second, seeing my peers around me pairing off and having such happy and exciting stories to tell doesn't exactly help either.

as a personal aside...I will take to my grave how long it took for me to change my avatar and stuff today. I honestly have a sort of hypoglycemic feeling right now...and so while I started a response here...it may be cut short. (and in your avatar...is that that girl with the horrible, airy voice?)

I used to like her voice until she started singing that way!

From the top of the stairs you could hear my Mom yelling "The phone's ringing...could someone get the phone...?" But she then teleported herself downstairs using her witch-powers...and caught us all in the act of...knowing who was calling but refusing to answer. She then called us all "bastards" (curse style too...like there was a curse in there as well)... And yet seconds later having called her brother back...had the voice of an Archangel. Why?...because she is an Archangel...because reality has no place in her *magical ENFJ 2 kingdom* :wink: haha.

Omg my mom does exactly the same thing!!! I always call her two-faced for doing that on the phone or when my friends come over. But really, she's just trying to make sure other people not used to her fire won't be uncomfortable.

I think it would be a mistake to (automatically) imagine an sx dom as an individual that is *comfortable* with confrontation. Some give off an air of being comfortable with it...some may in fact be. But we're NFs and positive outlook...so no. Confrontation goes against our baseline way of existing. What I see in you (and again I'm not allowing myself to consider sx vs so right now)... is a willingness to speak-up if one of your values has been crossed (and you're handling those interactions like an sx dom but...)

Ahh yes, good point. :thinking: Confrontation is not fun in general to most NFs. Plus, I think some people automatically link confrontational with sx because both are "intense."

An sx connected to 6 would become fearless in those moments. Not necessarily counterphobic but *strong* And the times I've seen you in this zone...I don't really see you "helping them save face, providing guidance with regards to the common culture, showing them how they are deviating from the *norm*"...but kinda drop-kicking them like an sx dom. haha okay no, not that bad...but you are forceful in identifying them...pointing them out as being wrong. And forceful with *what is right* in your opinion. And the fact you become in a sense energized by confrontation/conflict...ah yah...screams 278 :dry: ...but may point to sx dom/inactive 6 wing... if you feel like you are making a difference somehow.

OMG drop-kicking them... :laugh: I love this. But it's totally true. It's weird though, I do like a mix of both. I do the drop-kicking...but also add some extra sentiments just in hopes of them realizing what I think is wrong with what they're saying.

I feel a lot of young, e7s do what you describe above regardless of variants. When he connects with an individual he is pretty focused, forceful and intense...and I see my younger self in that. Actually "focused" is one of the main qualities that causes me to hold off on turning over my opinion on variants. He can keenly, keenly focus on an individual...while so many so/sx e7s are...so, so breezy and disconnected and spread thin...it's as if you can hear it come through in their communication.

Oooh, so you still think I'm focused? :wubbie: I remember our exchange a while ago where I forgot to reply to your post or comment or something and I was like "omg sorry I can be so scatterbrained." But I do hone in on everyone individually and try to give everyone a meaningful amount of attention.

*laughs at the party emote I used with Nath earlier*

There's a member on this site that...well first...basically believes if you are an ENFP...you are automatically an e7...that there's really no other e-type that an ENFP can possibility be. But more applicable to this thread...is this person also believes that if you are an ENFP 7...you are automatically a social dom (so/sx or so/sp.) <-That that is the only way an ENFP 7 can be stacked. <-Which, aside from the fact I feel the majority of ENFPs are e7s whether they wish to embraced the reality of their superficiality or keep the lie-they're-telling-themselves *alive*... I thought this "social dom only" thing was highly misguided...until I encountered enneagram authors that appeared to be saying this same thing. I am of the opinion though...that this is all 'young Ne's' fault. The truth of it is...is youthful Ne + e7 is so unbelievably fun...that there's absolutely no incentive to come down off that high until shit starts knocking you down. And 100% pure, youthful Ne + 7 in all its "I universally love everything including people loving each other...with a special emphasis on *me!*" can get mistaken for the so-doms desire to create such things.

Very true for me. :blush: I was on Vent the other day talking about how much I was loving life.

And sx-dominance just doesn't look the same at 7. I'm a poor example in this regard because sx/sp creates more of a circular/"artist-styled-bouts of inspired energy" (4 fix) ...while sx/so is all directed, forward-moving energy. And I'm counterphobic...while Beyonce is not. There is an ENFP e7 so/sx that I would have liked to have used as a comparison but this person has changed their e-type and I can't deal with another "fyi - I'm contemplative Starry!!!" *offended* thing again... but there's a good deal of baseline anxiousness in the e7 so/sx (as well as the so/sp) that Chanaynay lacks (not that the other e7s don't experience all the same...but it's not on the surface like it is for the social 7s.)

Hehe, this was the real reason I replied to this thread. I want to know who this person is!! I'm so intrigued now. But I'm also interested in what you mean by anxiousness on the surface in so 7 vs inner anxiousness in sx 7. I've always thought I've seemed fairly jittery and I have a lot of nervous ticks when I talk to people! But I'm also 6-influenced so maybe the nervousness comes from there...or it's Ne talking over itself...or both...who knows haha.

Starry

Chanaynay I feel very good about this. It just now hit me that you've returned to your proper name. And...for the very first time...you have an avatar that not only doesn't make me feel uncomfortable or frightened...but that I truly love. This is all very positive stuff.

Oooh, so you still think I'm focused? :wubbie: I remember our exchange a while ago where I forgot to reply to your post or comment or something and I was like "omg sorry I can be so scatterbrained." But I do hone in on everyone individually and try to give everyone a meaningful amount of attention.

"People focus"...shouldn't be thought of as extending over into "task focus"...especially "tasks that need to be preformed out of a sense of obligation" haha (you were totally trying to do that...)

Social doms often give me a bit of a cut-off feel when interacting with them. Like there's always a degree of attention that will be reserved for looking around the room and seeing who's who...or for watching what social exchanges are going on around us. Social 7s almost seem more obvious in this regard. <-And it is this..."divided attentions" vs "focused" that I was making reference to. IOW when it comes to an e7...I'm not confident the number of individual contacts a 7 has in a given time frame would be a decent indicator of social dominance....but rather the level of focus/connectedness the 7 maintains during each interaction. With all types but perhaps moreso with 7 social butterfly =/= social dominance (and honestly I would most likely give the social butterfly award to 7 sx/so tbh.) You've never given me that cut-off feel.

Very true for me. :blush: I was on Vent the other day talking about how much I was loving life.

71262815.jpg

Hehe, this was the real reason I replied to this thread. I want to know who this person is!! I'm so intrigued now. But I'm also interested in what you mean by anxiousness on the surface in so 7 vs inner anxiousness in sx 7. I've always thought I've seemed fairly jittery and I have a lot of nervous ticks when I talk to people! But I'm also 6-influenced so maybe the nervousness comes from there...or it's Ne talking over itself...or both...who knows haha.

When I say nervousness/anxiousness...I'm not necessarily referring to *hyperactivity* or the jitters. When it comes to social 7s I've seen both....individuals that are outwardly/externally jittery...as well as social 7s that are incredibly smooth in their external presentation. What I'm attempting to make note of instead is an obvious/surface...or suppressed/masked over-concern with pleasing others (a worry.) So there's a lot of nervous apologies...apologizing for things/themselves 'ahead of time'....self-effacing comments and behavior...

There's a part of me that suspects social 7s have or are more likely to have a strong connection to 1. And in many ways Naranjo's description of the social 7 saint...reads this same way. There's a surface or well-disguised perfectionism when it comes to the social 7. They are very fearful of being wrong or messing-up in front of others...and this is true for the more seemingly laid-back social dom as well. They're extremely sensitive to criticism...I'm assuming because they are so critical of their own behavior. And they definitely have the desire to be seen as good and right no matter how deviant their conduct truly is in reality. I don't know if you would consider yourself this same way or not. Again, the characteristics I described directly above are not necessarily something that will be apparent. (I don't really feel as if I should name the other individual prior to asking them... but Magic Qwan is quite certainly a social 7.)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*feeling more sx/so again so I'm bringing this back*

Chanaynay I feel very good about this. It just now hit me that you've returned to your proper name. And...for the very first time...you have an avatar that not only doesn't make me feel uncomfortable or frightened...but that I truly love. This is all very positive stuff.

Hehe this was back when it was a picture of me right? Thank you starry. :heart: Although now I'm in a total Les Mis phase so it's Marius/Cosette for now. But my username is back and here to stay!

Social doms often give me a bit of a cut-off feel when interacting with them. Like there's always a degree of attention that will be reserved for looking around the room and seeing who's who...or for watching what social exchanges are going on around us. Social 7s almost seem more obvious in this regard. <-And it is this..."divided attentions" vs "focused" that I was making reference to. IOW when it comes to an e7...I'm not confident the number of individual contacts a 7 has in a given time frame would be a decent indicator of social dominance....but rather the level of focus/connectedness the 7 maintains during each interaction. With all types but perhaps moreso with 7 social butterfly =/= social dominance (and honestly I would most likely give the social butterfly award to 7 sx/so tbh.) You've never given me that cut-off feel.

Okay, I totally know what you're talking about. Those people at a party who you'll talk to, but then they'll walk off and be somewhere else one second later. That's always bothered me. :thinking: I just think, what's the point in interacting if there's nothing substantial built from it. Not saying this is a point for sx/so since [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] (who I keep in my mind's library as reliably self-typed so/sxs) have both said they're also more focused on building relationships than navigating the whole social realm. It's so hard to tell because it seems like I have a pretty even level of both sx and so. But I'm glad I've never given you that cut off feel though. :wink:

When I say nervousness/anxiousness...I'm not necessarily referring to *hyperactivity* or the jitters. When it comes to social 7s I've seen both....individuals that are outwardly/externally jittery...as well as social 7s that are incredibly smooth in their external presentation. What I'm attempting to make note of instead is an obvious/surface...or suppressed/masked over-concern with pleasing others (a worry.) So there's a lot of nervous apologies...apologizing for things/themselves 'ahead of time'....self-effacing comments and behavior...

Okay, I can totally see this in [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] like you talk about below...but yeah I don't really see this in myself. Okay I do a little bit. I just cover my bases while talking to someone so I know I won't embarrass myself or hurt someone's feelings and start an unnecessary exchange. But pleasing others...yes I can be a little people-pleasey if it comes to trying to charm someone I'm interested in (there's my 2 fix for ya) but otherwise not really. Being admired is nice and all but I don't really actively try to please anyone or make myself appear good. When I have a conversation with someone I'm more there for the thrill of the conversation, getting to know someone else on an intimate level and see if that person is someone I'd like to have something special with, etc.

There's a part of me that suspects social 7s have or are more likely to have a strong connection to 1. And in many ways Naranjo's description of the social 7 saint...reads this same way. There's a surface or well-disguised perfectionism when it comes to the social 7. They are very fearful of being wrong or messing-up in front of others...and this is true for the more seemingly laid-back social dom as well. They're extremely sensitive to criticism...I'm assuming because they are so critical of their own behavior. And they definitely have the desire to be seen as good and right no matter how deviant their conduct truly is in reality. I don't know if you would consider yourself this same way or not. Again, the characteristics I described directly above are not necessarily something that will be apparent. (I don't really feel as if I should name the other individual prior to asking them... but Magic Qwan is quite certainly a social 7.)

I guess I do fear being wrong a little bit, I think it can be seen when I try to clarify myself when discussing typology and being like "of course this doesn't mean every ISTP is gonna be like this" or something like that and being careful not to be called out on my "incorrectness." But I've never really felt a connection to 1 really. I probably have, but just not worth remembering. Not sure. I'm not really critical of myself at all. When there is a voice that starts to come out and criticize I just drown it out and suppress it haha. I definitely am more critical of others than with myself, but generally I'm not really critical or rigid at all.

I'm not really sensitive to criticism either.

Thank you for the reply starry even though I'm so so late. :cry: I know you haven't been on here lately but if you ever see this I wanna let you know you're missed and I hope we can talk again soon. :heart:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
IME with you on the forum and on Vent, I actually DO see you as "cut off" in the way that that Starry described. More inclined to invite more people, than delve deeper with just the one (unless it's a guy you're interested in). I don't see that as a bad thing, although I'm clearly biased.

I might also have been reading you wrong? :shrug:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
IME with you on the forum and on Vent, I actually DO see you as "cut off" in the way that that Starry described. More inclined to invite more people, than delve deeper with just the one (unless it's a guy you're interested in). I don't see that as a bad thing, although I'm clearly biased.

I might also have been reading you wrong? :shrug:

I don't think you were reading me wrong. :thinking: But I guess it's just the human condition, there's a bunch of different sides to it. When I'm in a big group like the forum or on Vent, I do like to make sure everyone is having a good time and feels included. It makes me feel sad if someone feels left out! And I am less one-to-one just because I wouldn't want to have gone to a group event having only interacted with one person. But IRL, which I guess is the realm harder to see from TypeC, if I'm having a conversation with someone I'll keep building on that connection. If the chemistry isn't really anything noteworthy or there's awkwardness, then I move on. But I don't ever really start talking to someone and then leave shortly after because gauging the room at that point would be too stressful for me. Unless I'm drunk but that shouldn't count. :D So yeah it's weird, I'd either be an sx/so with really scattered and diffusive energy or an so/sx with a really fiery and laser-focused side.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*feeling more sx/so again so I'm bringing this back*

Hehe this was back when it was a picture of me right? Thank you starry. :heart: Although now I'm in a total Les Mis phase so it's Marius/Cosette for now. But my username is back and here to stay!

Okay, I totally know what you're talking about. Those people at a party who you'll talk to, but then they'll walk off and be somewhere else one second later. That's always bothered me. :thinking: I just think, what's the point in interacting if there's nothing substantial built from it. Not saying this is a point for sx/so since [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] (who I keep in my mind's library as reliably self-typed so/sxs) have both said they're also more focused on building relationships than navigating the whole social realm. It's so hard to tell because it seems like I have a pretty even level of both sx and so. But I'm glad I've never given you that cut off feel though. :wink:

Okay, I can totally see this in [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] like you talk about below...but yeah I don't really see this in myself. Okay I do a little bit. I just cover my bases while talking to someone so I know I won't embarrass myself or hurt someone's feelings and start an unnecessary exchange. But pleasing others...yes I can be a little people-pleasey if it comes to trying to charm someone I'm interested in (there's my 2 fix for ya) but otherwise not really. Being admired is nice and all but I don't really actively try to please anyone or make myself appear good. When I have a conversation with someone I'm more there for the thrill of the conversation, getting to know someone else on an intimate level and see if that person is someone I'd like to have something special with, etc.

I guess I do fear being wrong a little bit, I think it can be seen when I try to clarify myself when discussing typology and being like "of course this doesn't mean every ISTP is gonna be like this" or something like that and being careful not to be called out on my "incorrectness." But I've never really felt a connection to 1 really. I probably have, but just not worth remembering. Not sure. I'm not really critical of myself at all. When there is a voice that starts to come out and criticize I just drown it out and suppress it haha. I definitely am more critical of others than with myself, but generally I'm not really critical or rigid at all.

I'm not really sensitive to criticism either.

Thank you for the reply starry even though I'm so so late. :cry: I know you haven't been on here lately but if you ever see this I wanna let you know you're missed and I hope we can talk again soon. :heart:

You see, I am more critical of myself than others, but only because I have standards and I know those standards better than anyone. If I break my own rules, I feel like shit. I also fear being wrong in front of others because in the end it jeopardizes my ability to acquire the fine things in life. People give good things to good people. I certainly don't want to be a bad guy.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

"People focus"...shouldn't be thought of as extending over into "task focus"...especially "tasks that need to be preformed out of a sense of obligation" haha (you were totally trying to do that...)

71262815.jpg

We miss you starry!

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You really have a knack for generating attention and responses to yourself.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You see, I am more critical of myself than others, but only because I have standards and I know those standards better than anyone. If I break my own rules, I feel like shit. I also fear being wrong in front of others because in the end it jeopardizes my ability to acquire the fine things in life. People give good things to good people. I certainly don't want to be a bad guy.

Yes yes, totally makes sense. Life is so much easier when people see you as good. Although I'm not as much into fearing being seen as wrong or bad, because usually my first instinct when someone calls me out on something is to defend myself. I mean most of the time I do believe I am in the right so it's not really something I fear because deep down I do walk every step believing that what I'm doing is right - at least from a moral standpoint.

Although, when comparing you and me (we're about the same age I think? I'm 19 now) there are some blatantly obvious differences. I'm probably generally more outspoken and energetic, while you've said the impression you give off is more calm and sensible. Obviously some of these qualities are just inherent, but I wonder what might account for them. Is it really just sx-second vs sp-second, or is it I might be 728 while you're 729? :thinking: Honestly my gut fix doesn't really matter to me at this point, since I feel I've really only had to deal with my 7ness and 2ness so far haha. But for now I'm changing back to so/sx for some personal reasons. *runs to my blog*

You really have a knack for generating attention and responses to yourself.

I mean, technically it's more about what I prioritize rather than what I'm good at, but it's definitely true. :D I don't like my voice to go unheard when it comes to asking the community for their thoughts.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes yes, totally makes sense. Life is so much easier when people see you as good. Although I'm not as much into fearing being seen as wrong or bad, because usually my first instinct when someone calls me out on something is to defend myself. I mean most of the time I do believe I am in the right so it's not really something I fear because deep down I do walk every step believing that what I'm doing is right - at least from a moral standpoint.

Although, when comparing you and me (we're about the same age I think? I'm 19 now) there are some blatantly obvious differences. I'm probably generally more outspoken and energetic, while you've said the impression you give off is more calm and sensible. Obviously some of these qualities are just inherent, but I wonder what might account for them. Is it really just sx-second vs sp-second, or is it I might be 728 while you're 729? :thinking: Honestly my gut fix doesn't really matter to me at this point, since I feel I've really only had to deal with my 7ness and 2ness so far haha. But for now I'm changing back to so/sx for some personal reasons. *runs to my blog*

I mean, technically it's more about what I prioritize rather than what I'm good at, but it's definitely true. :D I don't like my voice to go unheard when it comes to asking the community for their thoughts.

It sounds like the gut fix and variants are the most likely culprit.