User Tag List

View Poll Results: what is chanaynay's instinct variant?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • so/sx

16 80.00%
  • sx/so

4 20.00%
First 678

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    IME with you on the forum and on Vent, I actually DO see you as "cut off" in the way that that Starry described. More inclined to invite more people, than delve deeper with just the one (unless it's a guy you're interested in). I don't see that as a bad thing, although I'm clearly biased.

I might also have been reading you wrong?
    I don't think you were reading me wrong. But I guess it's just the human condition, there's a bunch of different sides to it. When I'm in a big group like the forum or on Vent, I do like to make sure everyone is having a good time and feels included. It makes me feel sad if someone feels left out! And I am less one-to-one just because I wouldn't want to have gone to a group event having only interacted with one person. But IRL, which I guess is the realm harder to see from TypeC, if I'm having a conversation with someone I'll keep building on that connection. If the chemistry isn't really anything noteworthy or there's awkwardness, then I move on. But I don't ever really start talking to someone and then leave shortly after because gauging the room at that point would be too stressful for me. Unless I'm drunk but that shouldn't count. So yeah it's weird, I'd either be an sx/so with really scattered and diffusive energy or an so/sx with a really fiery and laser-focused side.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    *feeling more sx/so again so I'm bringing this back*

Hehe this was back when it was a picture of me right? Thank you starry. Although now I'm in a total Les Mis phase so it's Marius/Cosette for now. But my username is back and here to stay!

Okay, I totally know what you're talking about. Those people at a party who you'll talk to, but then they'll walk off and be somewhere else one second later. That's always bothered me. I just think, what's the point in interacting if there's nothing substantial built from it. Not saying this is a point for sx/so since @EJCC and @skylights (who I keep in my mind's library as reliably self-typed so/sxs) have both said they're also more focused on building relationships than navigating the whole social realm. It's so hard to tell because it seems like I have a pretty even level of both sx and so. But I'm glad I've never given you that cut off feel though.

Okay, I can totally see this in @Magic Qwan like you talk about below...but yeah I don't really see this in myself. Okay I do a little bit. I just cover my bases while talking to someone so I know I won't embarrass myself or hurt someone's feelings and start an unnecessary exchange. But pleasing others...yes I can be a little people-pleasey if it comes to trying to charm someone I'm interested in (there's my 2 fix for ya) but otherwise not really. Being admired is nice and all but I don't really actively try to please anyone or make myself appear good. When I have a conversation with someone I'm more there for the thrill of the conversation, getting to know someone else on an intimate level and see if that person is someone I'd like to have something special with, etc.

I guess I do fear being wrong a little bit, I think it can be seen when I try to clarify myself when discussing typology and being like "of course this doesn't mean every ISTP is gonna be like this" or something like that and being careful not to be called out on my "incorrectness." But I've never really felt a connection to 1 really. I probably have, but just not worth remembering. Not sure. I'm not really critical of myself at all. When there is a voice that starts to come out and criticize I just drown it out and suppress it haha. I definitely am more critical of others than with myself, but generally I'm not really critical or rigid at all.

I'm not really sensitive to criticism either.

Thank you for the reply starry even though I'm so so late. I know you haven't been on here lately but if you ever see this I wanna let you know you're missed and I hope we can talk again soon.
    You see, I am more critical of myself than others, but only because I have standards and I know those standards better than anyone. If I break my own rules, I feel like shit. I also fear being wrong in front of others because in the end it jeopardizes my ability to acquire the fine things in life. People give good things to good people. I certainly don't want to be a bad guy.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Chanaynay I feel very good about this. It just now hit me that you've returned to your proper name. And...for the very first time...you have an avatar that not only doesn't make me feel uncomfortable or frightened...but that I truly love. This is all very positive stuff.

"People focus"...shouldn't be thought of as extending over into "task focus"...especially "tasks that need to be preformed out of a sense of obligation" haha (you were totally trying to do that...)

Social doms often give me a bit of a cut-off feel when interacting with them. Like there's always a degree of attention that will be reserved for looking around the room and seeing who's who...or for watching what social exchanges are going on around us. Social 7s almost seem more obvious in this regard. <-And it is this..."divided attentions" vs "focused" that I was making reference to. IOW when it comes to an e7...I'm not confident the number of individual contacts a 7 has in a given time frame would be a decent indicator of social dominance....but rather the level of focus/connectedness the 7 maintains during each interaction. With all types but perhaps moreso with 7 social butterfly =/= social dominance (and honestly I would most likely give the social butterfly award to 7 sx/so tbh.) You've never given me that cut-off feel.

When I say nervousness/anxiousness...I'm not necessarily referring to *hyperactivity* or the jitters. When it comes to social 7s I've seen both....individuals that are outwardly/externally jittery...as well as social 7s that are incredibly smooth in their external presentation. What I'm attempting to make note of instead is an obvious/surface...or suppressed/masked over-concern with pleasing others (a worry.) So there's a lot of nervous apologies...apologizing for things/themselves 'ahead of time'....self-effacing comments and behavior...

There's a part of me that suspects social 7s have or are more likely to have a strong connection to 1. And in many ways Naranjo's description of the social 7 saint...reads this same way. There's a surface or well-disguised perfectionism when it comes to the social 7. They are very fearful of being wrong or messing-up in front of others...and this is true for the more seemingly laid-back social dom as well. They're extremely sensitive to criticism...I'm assuming because they are so critical of their own behavior. And they definitely have the desire to be seen as good and right no matter how deviant their conduct truly is in reality. I don't know if you would consider yourself this same way or not. Again, the characteristics I described directly above are not necessarily something that will be apparent. (I don't really feel as if I should name the other individual prior to asking them... but Magic Qwan is quite certainly a social 7.)
    We miss you starry!
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You really have a knack for generating attention and responses to yourself.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Qwan View Post
    You see, I am more critical of myself than others, but only because I have standards and I know those standards better than anyone. If I break my own rules, I feel like shit. I also fear being wrong in front of others because in the end it jeopardizes my ability to acquire the fine things in life. People give good things to good people. I certainly don't want to be a bad guy.
    Yes yes, totally makes sense. Life is so much easier when people see you as good. Although I'm not as much into fearing being seen as wrong or bad, because usually my first instinct when someone calls me out on something is to defend myself. I mean most of the time I do believe I am in the right so it's not really something I fear because deep down I do walk every step believing that what I'm doing is right - at least from a moral standpoint.

Although, when comparing you and me (we're about the same age I think? I'm 19 now) there are some blatantly obvious differences. I'm probably generally more outspoken and energetic, while you've said the impression you give off is more calm and sensible. Obviously some of these qualities are just inherent, but I wonder what might account for them. Is it really just sx-second vs sp-second, or is it I might be 728 while you're 729? Honestly my gut fix doesn't really matter to me at this point, since I feel I've really only had to deal with my 7ness and 2ness so far haha. But for now I'm changing back to so/sx for some personal reasons. *runs to my blog*

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    You really have a knack for generating attention and responses to yourself.
    I mean, technically it's more about what I prioritize rather than what I'm good at, but it's definitely true. I don't like my voice to go unheard when it comes to asking the community for their thoughts.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Yes yes, totally makes sense. Life is so much easier when people see you as good. Although I'm not as much into fearing being seen as wrong or bad, because usually my first instinct when someone calls me out on something is to defend myself. I mean most of the time I do believe I am in the right so it's not really something I fear because deep down I do walk every step believing that what I'm doing is right - at least from a moral standpoint.

Although, when comparing you and me (we're about the same age I think? I'm 19 now) there are some blatantly obvious differences. I'm probably generally more outspoken and energetic, while you've said the impression you give off is more calm and sensible. Obviously some of these qualities are just inherent, but I wonder what might account for them. Is it really just sx-second vs sp-second, or is it I might be 728 while you're 729? Honestly my gut fix doesn't really matter to me at this point, since I feel I've really only had to deal with my 7ness and 2ness so far haha. But for now I'm changing back to so/sx for some personal reasons. *runs to my blog*

I mean, technically it's more about what I prioritize rather than what I'm good at, but it's definitely true. I don't like my voice to go unheard when it comes to asking the community for their thoughts.
    It sounds like the gut fix and variants are the most likely culprit.
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

-Magic Qwan