User Tag List

View Poll Results: what is chanaynay's instinct variant?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • so/sx

16 80.00%
  • sx/so

4 20.00%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    You still working your way up to the ?
    I reserve for @Nicodemus unfortunately. #ChaNico
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Aww.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonce View Post
    Is your ENFJ mom also a 2 like mine?
    As 2 as can be Okay, I have gone back and forth between 2w1 & 1w2 recently...but when I look back on my upbringing she's a massive 2. I think what happens with so many 2s over time...is that they can become more and more resentful that their efforts to *do good for all people* are not being appreciated and/or reciprocated in the way they believe they should be... And that's when the real ENFJ presents itself haha. I believe it's a connection to e8 anger/control...that occasionally gives her a 1w2 vibe.

This is exactly how my childhood went Starry. My mom basically handled everything for me so I never really had to worry about anything. I just had to know what I wanted and how to have fun, and then keep up the positivity for the ride.
    Yup. I see it in ya haha... (it takes one to know one )

Interesting, I wonder what card it is though that I'm withholding. /tried pulling an @Amargith even though I have no idea what card you're talking about.
    Umm...would you preform a surgery without having gone to med school? All I'm saying is if you haven't graduated from the University of Amargith it might be very dangerous...not just for you but for all of us if you are still in residency but putting your training to use in the outside world (okay, honestly I don't really know what you're talking about regarding Amar haha.)

As a young ENFP e7 (<-will naturally seem like a so-dom) that was raised in the way you were by an ENFJ 2 mother (<-will have learned to engage the world in a way that is associated with so-dom) that possesses a strong 2 fix (<-will have traits associated with so-dom)

^^while other people may be confident you are a social dom... I'm just not ready to sign-off on that because I was also raised by a scientist that would look at this evidence and call anyone an "idiot" or maybe even an "asshole" (although with his accent it comes out "azzhole") for doing so.

And in all honesty I do see you engage like an sx-dom... which would make sense if you were an e1 or e8 so/sx ...but not a 729. Even when I insert you into the correct tri-type as a 728 <-here is where I could make a final decision on so/sx but I want to see you turn over that last card first.

What's on the face of that card? I have no idea.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    As 2 as can be Okay, I have gone back and forth between 2w1 & 1w2 recently...but when I look back on my upbringing she's a massive 2. I think what happens with so many 2s over time...is that they can become more and more resentful that their efforts to *do good for all people* are not being appreciated and/or reciprocated in the way they believe they should be... And that's when the real ENFJ presents itself haha. I believe it's a connection to e8 anger/control...that occasionally gives her a 1w2 vibe.
    Yeah, my mom's line to 8 definitely presents itself as control issues so I see why you would think 1w2 sometimes. But for me, my mom is a clear 2w3. Her 3 wing is as clear as 3 can be.

Umm...would you preform a surgery without having gone to med school? All I'm saying is if you haven't graduated from the University of Amargith it might be very dangerous...not just for you but for all of us if you are still in residency but putting your training to use in the outside world (okay, honestly I don't really know what you're talking about regarding Amar haha.)
    I was trying to be all mysterious and alluring like she was. But I think E7s are too goofy to pull it off hehe.

As a young ENFP e7 (<-will naturally seem like a so-dom) that was raised in the way you were by an ENFJ 2 mother (<-will have learned to engage the world in a way that is associated with so-dom) that possesses a strong 2 fix (<-will have traits associated with so-dom)

^^while other people may be confident you are a social dom... I'm just not ready to sign-off on that because I was also raised by a scientist that would look at this evidence and call anyone an "idiot" or maybe even an "asshole" (although with his accent it comes out "azzhole") for doing so.
    Oooh, I see what you mean. A lot of my so-dom tendencies could be associated with me being young and also raised by my ENFJ 2 mom (who I consider so/sp). I was actually homeschooled in middle school, and a lot of parts about my mom's interaction I always resented - constantly talking about the troubles she's enduring, trying to talk about all the good things she's done, constantly post on FB random "thoughts" everyday in order to "inspire" people, etc. But I can't say I didn't realize her warmth and generous side didn't catch on. Not to mention my best friend, who I met in high school, was an ESFx 2/7 so/sx (I'm calling you to this thread to type her btw) and I learned from her how to interact with a lot of people unconsciously. Being warm and silly, coming off strong, engaging, etc.

And in all honesty I do see you engage like an sx-dom... which would make sense if you were an e1 or e8 so/sx ...but not a 729. Even when I insert you into the correct tri-type as a 728 <-here is where I could make a final decision on so/sx but I want to see you turn over that last card first.

What's on the face of that card? I have no idea.
    Me neither sadly. I wonder when I'll know I've played my last card I wonder. I still find confrontation something worth dreading but I think any 2-fixed 7 would. But at the same time in the heat of the moment I still feel energized by it. Okay, I'm changing to 728 for now haha just because I feel it fits more than 729 when I compare myself with @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=18819" target="_blank">five sounds</a>. I swear to god Starry every time you post I switch to 728 haha. Hmm, but I think if I'm 728 I'll stick with so/sx for now. Maybe I could be sx/so though...it would make a lot of sense since I relate to Misa Amane a lot (who I believe is an EFP 7w6>2w3>8w7 sx/so as well, albeit I'm still a little more lighter and low key).

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Ginkgo

(re-reading this thread)

@Beyonce (Chandler [Christ, why did you pick that name? I feel like a dumbass sub-vocalizing it. Lol.])

You strike me as intense like an sx/so. Whenever I talk to you, I feel like I'm being reeled in on a one-on-one level. But...

I think if you were an sx/so, you'd come across as more tortured, as though you were wrecking yourself over your obsessions (I would say this would be true for you even in light of the fact that you are 7w6). The closest I've seen you come to that point basically just resembles an indirect cattiness in which it doesn't really seem like you feel that that much is at stake. ps - I don't think less of you for it. Even when you disagree with someone, you just come across as far more polished than the sx/so's I've seen on this board.

A couple of addendums - I don't really give a damn about the instinctual stacking descriptions as they relate to each type. Things look less confusing, albeit more simple, when you just stick to the meat and bones stackings. I suggest adhering to one or the other, but not both, since they don't always entail each other with exactitude.

Also, in the time I've been here, I've been typed as sp/sx, sx/sp, sx/so, and so/sx. Needless to say, if I relied entirely on a consensus, I would have driven myself nutters. Don't worry too much about this. You are Chandler, first and foremost. \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    You strike me as intense like an sx/so. Whenever I talk to you, I feel like I'm being reeled in on a one-on-one level. But...
    I have the opposite impression, actually, although not in any extreme fashion (rhyme!). I feel there is always something conversationalist about his talks, and he usually does entertain more than one party at a time.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I have the opposite impression, actually, although not in any extreme fashion (rhyme!). I feel there is always something conversationalist about his talks, and he usually does entertain more than one party at a time.
    You speak from a position of greater experience than I do, and your friendship with him sharply contrasts with mine. I'll let you be the judge. All I know is that he's virtually the only person on this site to loosely refer to me by name, without deeply knowing me. On one hand, you might consider this a standard social grace. On the other, it may indicate a desire to keep close tabs on a person. In all likelihood, it's a mixture of both. One way or another, he carries a distinctive presence on this forum, as he always has - which seems to often correspond with the sx instinct more than anything else. sps seem more subdued, while sos sort of seem... flat, somewhere in the middle.

Do you think he even remotely resembles a tortured artist or bleeding heart? Because this is what I'm measuring as a deciding factor re: so vs. sx.

All I know is that he's virtually the only person on this site to loosely refer to me by name, without deeply knowing me. On one hand, you might consider this a standard social grace. On the other, it may indicate a desire to keep close tabs on a person. In all likelihood, it's a mixture of both. One way or another, he carries a distinctive presence on this forum, as he always has - which seems to often correspond with the sx instinct more than anything else. sps seem more subdued, while sos sort of seem... flat, somewhere in the middle.
    My dear Nathan, in terms of forum presence and social ado, he reminds me of EJCC, who, as I just looked up, types as so/sx.

Do you think he even remotely resembles a tortured artist or bleeding heart? Because this is what I'm measuring as a deciding factor re: so vs. sx.
    At the risk of starting a bleeding, I say: no.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Good call @Nicodemus -- @Beyonce and I definitely vibe similar in that regard. I think that's part of the reason why we hit it off right away.

Of all of Chanaynay/Beyonce's typings, the ones I'm most certain of are ExFP and so/sx. Like others on the thread have said so far, he's practically the epitome of so/sx. So I think any confusion on the instinctual variant front is due to people's misunderstanding as to what so/sx means -- seems to be a less common type on the forum, and hardly ever talked about (especially compared to the two social-last types). Hell, I'm as so/sx as it gets, and there was some resistance to that typing when I first adopted it.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonce View Post
    I was trying to be all mysterious and alluring like she was...

I kinda feel this gif may capture the overall feeling of any forumer reading the above...

or maybe this...

idk. All I know is Oprah would know what to say to make certain an e7 never attempts this kind of thing again.

as a personal aside...I will take to my grave how long it took for me to change my avatar and stuff today. I honestly have a sort of hypoglycemic feeling right now...and so while I started a response here...it may be cut short. (and in your avatar...is that that girl with the horrible, airy voice?)

...I was actually homeschooled in middle school, and a lot of parts about my mom's interaction I always resented - constantly talking about the troubles she's enduring, trying to talk about all the good things she's done, constantly post on FB random "thoughts" everyday in order to "inspire" people, etc.
    Okay, now I'm glad I took this task on haha. This makes me laugh and relate more than you know ha.

I come for a slightly larger family...and many of us were working in the kitchen one Christmas Eve day cooking and assembling large batches of lasagna...when my Mom's super creepy half-brother calls on the phone. A couple of us looked at the caller ID...including my Dad...and we're all like "I ain't gettin it..." haha.

From the top of the stairs you could hear my Mom yelling "The phone's ringing...could someone get the phone...?" But she then teleported herself downstairs using her witch-powers...and caught us all in the act of...knowing who was calling but refusing to answer. She then called us all "bastards" (curse style too...like there was a curse in there as well)... And yet seconds later having called her brother back...had the voice of an Archangel. Why?...because she is an Archangel...because reality has no place in her *magical ENFJ 2 kingdom* haha.

Not to mention my best friend, who I met in high school, was an ESFx 2/7 so/sx (I'm calling you to this thread to type her btw) and I learned from her how to interact with a lot of people unconsciously.
    I looked at that once and felt torn... I'll look again.

I still find confrontation something worth dreading but I think any 2-fixed 7 would. But at the same time in the heat of the moment I still feel energized by it.
    I think it would be a mistake to (automatically) imagine an sx dom as an individual that is *comfortable* with confrontation. Some give off an air of being comfortable with it...some may in fact be. But we're NFs and positive outlook...so no. Confrontation goes against our baseline way of existing. What I see in you (and again I'm not allowing myself to consider sx vs so right now)... is a willingness to speak-up if one of your values has been crossed (and you're handling those interactions like an sx dom but...)

An sx connected to 6 would become fearless in those moments. Not necessarily counterphobic but *strong* And the times I've seen you in this zone...I don't really see you "helping them save face, providing guidance with regards to the common culture, showing them how they are deviating from the *norm*"...but kinda drop-kicking them like an sx dom. haha okay no, not that bad...but you are forceful in identifying them...pointing them out as being wrong. And forceful with *what is right* in your opinion. And the fact you become in a sense energized by confrontation/conflict...ah yah...screams 278 ...but may point to sx dom/inactive 6 wing... if you feel like you are making a difference somehow.

^maybe I'll come back to this anime clip when I'm feeling less hypoglycemic... (is this scary?)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I feel a lot of young, e7s do what you describe above regardless of variants. When he connects with an individual he is pretty focused, forceful and intense...and I see my younger self in that. Actually "focused" is one of the main qualities that causes me to hold off on turning over my opinion on variants. He can keenly, keenly focus on an individual...while so many so/sx e7s are...so, so breezy and disconnected and spread thin...it's as if you can hear it come through in their communication.