User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I'm no one to compare to because I'm questioning INFJ for myself these days.

But in comparison to other INFJ's on here, like Edahn was saying, you come across quite differently. Even the male INFJ's - I'm thinking wedekit, for example - quite different.

I'm not sure what type you would be, because you your posts are very brief. I don't have a terribly good feel for what you're really like, at all.

That's just me though.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    INFJ actually do housework? Sure they think about it and moan about the mess...but actually doing it, well I am not sure I am really to believe this!
    This is the case.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I'm no one to compare to because I'm questioning INFJ for myself these days.

But in comparison to other INFJ's on here, like Edahn was saying, you come across quite differently. Even the male INFJ's - I'm thinking wedekit, for example - quite different.

I'm not sure what type you would be, because you your posts are very brief. I don't have a terribly good feel for what you're really like, at all.

That's just me though.
    what other type would you be? I was talking to cafe today and realized something. before i got married i kept very much to myself and read a lot. my idea of fun was hanging out at the bookstore for hours reading and drinking coffee. once married things changed but i adjusted and still had a lot of time for myself. fast forward to today with three kids and i don't know whether i'm coming or going and feel forced into doing things i don't want to do. all of our children are extroverted and never seem to tire!

my point is depending on what's happening in your life, can your type change. Ivy's mentioned that when she scored ISFJ she wasn't in a happy place in her life. For me I am not able to spend lots of time being philosophical because i am always on the go, taking one kid here, picking up another there, etc. it's a wonder my brain functions at all.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    what other type would you be? I was talking to cafe today and realized something. before i got married i kept very much to myself and read a lot. my idea of fun was hanging out at the bookstore for hours reading and drinking coffee. once married things changed but i adjusted and still had a lot of time for myself. fast forward to today with three kids and i don't know whether i'm coming or going and feel forced into doing things i don't want to do. all of our children are extroverted and never seem to tire!

my point is depending on what's happening in your life, can your type change. Ivy's mentioned that when she scored ISFJ she wasn't in a happy place in her life. For me I am not able to spend lots of time philosophizing because i am always on the go, taking one kid here, picking up another there, etc. it's a wonder my brain functions at all.
    I don't think a person changes type when this happens. I think they just get exahusted.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post

my point is depending on what's happening in your life, can your type change. Ivy's mentioned that when she scored ISFJ she wasn't in a happy place in her life. For me I am not able to spend lots of time being philosophical because i am always on the go, taking one kid here, picking up another there, etc. it's a wonder my brain functions at all.
    Yes, I think one can test differently based on their happiness level or stress level - that's for sure. Or even what they're focusing on in a certain phase in life. For example, in my early 20's, I still visualized myself as more of a rational/intellectual type, as I'd studied engineering intially and then biology in college, so post-college I viewed myself as the analytical sort - and tested NT as a result.

As for what type I'm contemplating now, well, INFP. Mostly because I wonder whether the Fe thing is something that's totally recent, and something I use to deal with social anxiety. And I'm *definitely* much 'floatier' than my real-life INFJ friends. I've never been goal-oriented, and have never really had a clue what I want to do with my life. Therefore I've always just kind of flowed, or waited things out til I gained more clarity. I don't know, other stuff. I type all about it in my blog. Interaction styles - I don't really think I am chart-the-course, which is what INFJ supposedly is. And I think Fi is quite strong for me.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

it's weird, i've read hundreds of your posts and i don't really have any idea what type you are.

i don't really get an INFJ vibe from you (i usually identify with INFJs more), but i wouldn't go as far as to say you are NOT an INFJ.

hmm.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

AvereX is very poetic and speaks in code language so of course it would be difficult to type him properly without knowing him irl. I still say the same thing (INFJ) and you're not always going to "relate" to persons who share your type. lots and lots of things to take into account.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

^ i'm not saying that if i don't automatically relate to someone they're not an INFJ. i was just trying to explain that i didn't specifically pick up an INFJ vibe from him, and i usually do from other INFJs. i don't know if he'll find that piece of information useful, but he may take it into account.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

the only INFJ's here that I relate to/understand are Cafe, Eileen and (believe it or not) Athenian. And if you look at Lateralus's posts there are downright confrontational and controversial for an INFJ which isn't common behavior for our type. Maybe there is a fifth dichotomy after all.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

i pretty much agree, there isn't necessarily that much personality in common between two members of the same type. you're an INFJ right? lol

but seriously, i think enneagram is a much better indicator of personality than MBTI.