• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What be my type?

quietfury

This isn't a question, so...I'm female and 14.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
The only thing about my personality I am sure of is that I'm a Perceiver. I'm way too indecisive, unorganized and open-ended to be a Judger. Or am I wrong about that, too?
I am a social introvert. I usually prefer spending time alone to being a party animal. I am more internally focused and gain energy from my inner self. However, there are some times when I become extremely social and it's like something wakes up inside me. At such times, being alone would be unthinkable. I love perfectly executed practical jokes, and pull them all the time. (I like to think they are perfectly executed).
I also think I'm most likely intuitive than sensing. I usually don't notice any change in everyday surroundings or general behaviour. I also find I simply KNOW certain facts around me (in maths, especially) without knowing how I arrived at them. Also, I have the memory of a goldfish. I cannot remember what I had for dinner yesterday.
My thought process is anything but linear. If I come across a problem, I will think of a particular possibility. Then I will think of a hundred other possibilities arising from that one possibility. This is usually the time I realise that first possibility can be ruled out because of new-found information. Then I'll move on to another possibility. Before I have time to analyse that possibility, I'll think of even more possibilities. Does than even make sense? Is that linear? Jeez, all words have lost meaning after pondering over them for so long. And I love argument over any topic under the sky.
I am very emotional, but not sensitive. When I'm reading, I find myself getting emotional over a particular event. If I experience difficult times in real life, I'm more concerned about making things better than crying over the difficulties for too long. I have a very thick skin. Insults don't bother me, and I sometimes make the mistake of assuming they don't hurt others either. I've offended quite a few people that way.
And when I'm writing articles for some website or the other, I spurt out very random ideas which I then have to edit into a more linear fashion, or they seem very vague. I jump from one idea to the other.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn to do something different. My long-term goals used to keep changing every month. I forced myself to pick a side, and have decided to become an engineer. Then, I'll do a post-graduate in Business Administration. (That's what we call it where I live. You know what I mean. Basically, I'll have two degrees, one in engg and one business admin) I'll probably work in a foreign company/start my own in the IT industry.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
My childhood was amazing. I haven't ventured into adulthood yet, but I imagine it'll be better than my childhood, because I'll be living on my own. My mom won't constantly badger me to clean my room, then get fed up, and resort to putting everything away herself. I can take my own decisions then. But, what is 'finest', really? If my present has been good enough, I'll naturally hold an optimistic outlook towards the future.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
If you mean inferior as in, what people can do better than me, then I'd say, sports. I royally suck at them. Also, dancing. I love to dance, but I don't have a dancing bone in my body. Wiggling my arms, doing mock-expert general body twitches and spinning on the spot constitute my dance moves, and I'm proud of them. My friends often say they didn't come with me, though. Dunno why that is.
If you mean inferior as in, what makes me feel I'm not good enough, then I often feel quite incompetent. If a goal is not reached before a set time, I feel anxious.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I usually don't think in pros and cons. Because there's the question of whether a single con outweighs a singe pro, and whether a single con is so overwhelmingly con-ish that it negates the pros. But I do pros-con sometimes. I guess it depends on the situation. I usually think how it will affect me in the long run, and whether it will be beneficial at my current position. I also decide based on the whether taking that decision is possible for me, if it'll badly affect my financial position. (I'm not an adult, but when I do become one, I'm dead sure I'll take my financial position into consideration. I'm one of those boring people who say that, if they ever one a million dollars in the lottery, they'd invest the money).
I will consider what I feel about it(emotionally), but that will never have a direct impact on my decision.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is to get the job done in the shortest, easiest way. I'll often look for faster and easier ways to do something. If I do not succeed on the first try, I'll think about if it is worth a second try, or if it's being wrongly prioritized. If I decide it is worth a second shot, I'll try again.
If it's a project I'm very much interested in, and know about, then I will take the lead. Otherwise I'll just go with whoever chooses to take lead and only argue when they do something I feel is wrong. I like to control the outcome.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I've done quite a lot of travelling. So, all those experiences, I guess. England's architecture was amazing...made me feel nostalgic. Seeing the Sherlock Holmes museum made me remember how I used to be totally obsessed. I loved the Alps. They looked like vanilla ice-cream with chocolate syrup, only the positions of ice-cream and chocolate syrup reversed. Everyone thinks this is a bad connection, but I only feel it's obvious.I also loved the Keukenhof Tulip Garden in the Netherlands. Never knew there were so many types of tulips. And the cuckoo clock factory in Germany?. The process of making those clocks was amazing.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I usually do a lot of research on the Internet/books etc. Then I'll look for some place to apply it. e.g-> if it's a language, I'll look for someone who speaks it, then see how good my skills are. If it's an instrument, I'll play it for some music nerd. I can't memorize for shit.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Extremely unorganized. If an OCD person saw my room, they'd scream and put everything away themselves. Well, at least I don't have to get my ass up.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
Every time I come across a new idea, I try to understand its basic principles, and totally understand it. Then, I'll relate it to personal experiences i.e->I'll search for information I already know, and try to see if it supports the new idea. If it doesn't I'll try to search for more possibilities, or any information I'm overlooking.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
The latter.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
Think before speaking. I'll take some time out, think properly, and then start speaking. Once I voice a particular idea, though, I'll start thinking of multiple ideas and go off on random tangents as I try to incorporate it all in my speech. Then I'll just think as I speak.
And group discussions, although one-on-one can be pretty enlightening too.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I like to know where I'm jumping.
Actions sometimes do speak louder than words, but if the words are worded carefully, they can speak a ton of things, on many different levels, which action's sorry ass could never hope to express. I am completely amazed when I read a particular sentence in some book, and think about the number of things it could mean. I then wonder if the author wanted to convey all that, and if everyone who reads that sentence will see the sheer amount of things that sentence could convey, or they just take it at literal value. It's just a lot of unnecessary thinking.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'll go with my friends. Unless it's a really critical episode. Otherwise, I'll just watch it online.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I calm myself down, and then think more about what to do.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When someone cares too much what other people think of them, so they put on a false facade which'll make others think they're better than they are. Also, when people go with mainstream culture just because it's popular, and never have an opinion of their own. Or when someone follows rules to an excessive extent. Or when someone's a pushover. (I'm not saying mainstream culture is always bad).

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Debating about differing opinions about everything from gun control to smoking, to politics to whether Justin Beiber's new haircut sucks(not really Beiber, just making a point). I don't care about the topic, I have an opinion about everything.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
My surroundings. I'm very messy.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They think I'm quite practical. Sometimes weird. Some think I'm mature for my age. Some think I'm childish. (I think I'm both, at different times.) Very absent-minded. Unbelievably oblivious to everything happening around me. I think their perception is spot on. However, they don't know how pessimistic I can get sometimes.
They would never say I misled them on any aspect, or ever provided them wrong information when they asked for advice. Not because I think it's morally wrong, but because I wish to save their time. I know firsthand how annoying it is when someone deliberately lies and you end up wasting a lot of time and energy due to it.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Aim to be supremely productive. Read a book. Listen to some music. Maybe text a few friends. Play the guitar. Dance around madly.(It counts as exercise.) Watch a few videos/Breaking Bad. Stare into empty space as I procrastinate. Eat unnecessarily. Sleep. End up being not productive at all.

Thanks in advance.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My thought process is anything but linear. If I come across a problem, I will think of a particular possibility. Then I will think of a hundred other possibilities arising from that one possibility. This is usually the time I realise that first possibility can be ruled out because of new-found information. Then I'll move on to another possibility. Before I have time to analyse that possibility, I'll think of even more possibilities. Does than even make sense?

And when I'm writing articles for some website or the other, I spurt out very random ideas which I then have to edit into a more linear fashion, or they seem very vague. I jump from one idea to the other.

This is pretty much quintessentially Ne. I can see it as your dominant function; I think ENxP is likely and xNxP is almost definite based on your survey. T vs. F is trickier. Have you read about the Introverted Judging functions (Ti and Fi)?

Octavarium

Definitely NP, most likely INTP, although I think you could be close to the I/E borderline. All that stuff about your nonlinear thought process, and constantly thinking up hundreds of new possibilities, is very NP. There's an efficiency/competency focus in your questionnaire, which made me think you're more likely NT than NF, as did your willingness to argue and the tendency you described to offend other people with insults. I don't think there were any NF themes in your questionnaire, and some stuff that seemed especially non-NFP, so if INTP doesn't fit, I think ENTP would be the second most likely. So, my question for you is: do you think INTP is a good fit? Anything about that type that you don't relate to? Maybe you could go through some profiles and point out anything that you particularly relate to or don't relate to. So here's a list of links, compiled by [MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION], to profiles of the two NTP types:

INTP Profiles
Official MBTI Manual
Keirsey (Please Understand Me)
Kroeger & Thuesen (Type Talk)
Hirsh & Kummerow (Lifetypes [abridged])
Berens & Nardi
personalitypage: Portrait
personalitypage: Personal Growth
personalitypage: Relationships
personalitypage: Careers

ENTP Profiles
Official MBTI Manual
Berens & Nardi

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
^ Here's an updated set that fixes the broken Keirsey links:

INTP Profiles
MBTI Manual (2nd Ed.)
MBTI Manual (3rd Ed.)
Berens & Nardi

ENTP Profiles
MBTI Manual (2nd Ed.)
MBTI Manual (3rd Ed.)
Berens & Nardi

INTP sounds most likely to me, too.

-----------------------------------------------

ADDED: By request, I've put a full set of the profile roundups (for all 16 types) in the spoiler.

quietfury

[MENTION=20761]underwaterthing[/MENTION] -I recently read up on Ti vs Fi. I think I lean more towards Ti rather than introverted feeling. I hate it when people are being illogical vs being immoral. (immoral?/amoral?/whatever...). I also found I have no set of core values against which I measure up everything, but rather a set of ethics which...change a lot as new information/experiences becomes available.
[MENTION=18736]reckful[/MENTION] -I read about half of those articles in their entirety (there were just TOO many) and I resonated with a lot of stuff. From the INTP articles, I am good at pure science, math etc. (hate purely factual stuff though); my thought process is very random yet rational; thirst for knowledge. From the ENTP articles, I find people fascinating and like to theorize on how they behave and how they may behave in the future (and how best to work it so I get what I want); desire for freedom; hunger for new projects; I love humor and wit; rarely take anything seriously.
Yet I couldn't help but notice how similar most of the traits were, simply worded in different ways. What's a definite/semi-definite trait that would conclusively differentiate between a Ti-dom and an Ne-dom?