• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my Type? INTP, INFP, or Something Else?

Dawd

MBTI Type
IxxP
Enneagram
5/9
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I've scored INTP, INFP, and ISFP (one or two times). My enneagram always comes out as 5w4, 4w5, or 5w6. I'm most unsure about my place on the T/F axis. I've taken multiple cognitive function tests, and my top four functions are always Fi, Ti, Ni, and Ne, in no particular order. I've read about the INXP problem tirelessly, and I identify with both types very well.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I don't particularly YEARN for anything... I enjoy playing music, but due to my "introvertedness" and general disregard for achievement and climbing the social ladder, I spend most of my time on the internet and relaxing/playing tennis in the park. I frequently come up with plans for my future, but my interests are too varied and dynamic for me to set goals.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I remember about a year ago I had a pretty long improvisation session on several instruments with a friend of mine. It was really exciting, so it didn't take long before we lost track of time. I don't know why it made me feel that way. I also feel very satisfied when I find a person to talk to who is very similar to myself. That's kind of a problem though, since I don't usually initiate conversation with anyone unless we are participating in some kind of mutually-stimulating activity.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
It makes me inferior when I'm publicly shown to be incapable/ignorant, and also when I forget to stand up for something that I had decided earlier that I would stand up for.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I avoid making decisions as much as possible, but when I HAVE to, I consider both my feelings and the pros/cons of each decision. Sometimes I feel like I have two different people in my head, one telling me to just do what feels good, and the other giving pragmatic, more useful suggestions to me.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

See Question 2.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I just immerse myself in whatever it is that I want to learn. If it's something like a game, I just run around and slowly figure everything out by experiencing it. When the topic of interest is something else, such as MBTI, I google it and proceed by going on several hour-long research binges.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

Not organized at all. Very messy and spontaneous.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I judge new ideas by whether or not they are logical. I try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

The latter is my priority.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before I speak. I don't say anything that I haven't already thought out, unless I'm aiming for the opposite. I prefer one-on-one communication, since it's harder to find congruence when dealing with more than one other person, and speaking in a group is just more awkward and intimidating for me.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I consider consequences before I act most of the time. Actions do speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Friends? No. Friend? Yes. Hanging out with more than one person at a time is exhausting for me.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I don't talk to people for the most part, but I still try to retain the appearance that nothing is wrong.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike people who can't think on their own. The people who engrave the ideas of the populous into their heads because it's what is accepted by most people. People who can't think outside of the box, and people who aren't tolerant.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I enjoy talking with my close friends about philosophy, the future, and ourselves.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?

I guess I don't place much value on grades in high school, even though I do well. I'm in 10th grade.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

My friends probably perceive me as strange and a bit misanthropic. They aren't wrong about the strange part, but feel that I do care about some people. My friends would never say that I'm gregarious or hedonistic.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

I'd like to go hiking, and possibly see a movie with my friends.