User Tag List

123 Last

Default INFJ or just weird?

Big questions
    1. How does Ni differ from Si?
    2. How is Se-inferior as contrasted with Ne-inferior?
    3. To what extent can the inferior function assimilate itself (its values) into primary consciousness?

Short example of what's been puzzling me
    The word holophrasis has been swimming around in my head for a few days now. I believe it is a word that gets close to my cognitive ideal very well: distillation and dealing with cross-contextual essences. Creative writing is one of the only areas where this comfort zone can be fully operated in - where communication via holophrastic imagery (conceptual as well as linguistic) is actually well-received. My writing - and the writing I tend to like - is usually sparse, free form, and generous with juxtapositions, lingual out-of-the-boxing, and unique (somewhat personal) symbols & metaphors. My thinking tends to be far more idea-oriented than event-oriented.

I do believe N is clearly involved with this but I've also been crediting some of it to Si. My current understanding of Si is that since there is an abstract, inner-oriented attitude towards the concrete, the concrete world in the eyes of an Si dom is more abstract and singular - albeit static compared to Ni dynamism - in terms of meaning by nature. I do not relate to the definitions of Si as narrow, rote, and utterly minute. I find them stifling. But most else is in order. Am I still in the wrong?

I'm certainly an IFJ type. My confusion lately is just as to which. It's a little hard to tell where Pi ends and Ti begins.

Is Ne just integrating with my ego more?

Wonder if this helps; from a function test 03/29.

Thank you very much, @yeghor

Some great quotes in a few of those threads. The Nardi video in particular was perfect for this situation and helps me to break away from a vertical-linear function grid to one that's more lateral-simultaneous. I'd read the study before but hadn't watched the presentation.

So question #3 becomes the focus after all. How strange. Since I may be experiencing Si & Ne more seamlessly than I'd thought, I could also be conflating the two at certain points. May be as much my outer perception being abstract-transcontextual as it is my 'attitude towards the concrete' being 'abstract inner-oriented' that's stirring up this confusion.

Thank you again

You're definitely very unusual, whatever type you are. What happened to ISFP? Set on Pi lead?

Sorry for not engaging more fully with the OP ... I need to work my way into my philosophy lenses and right now, they're just words buzzing and swarming around in my head, waiting to make sense.

I will say that you've always struck me as one of the most intuitive people on here, which makes me want to leap to INFJ but I'm holding myself back from making that jump without thinking about it first.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ I see from @senza tema that you typed as ISFP, once upon a time. That makes sense to me, because your writing style struck me as very similar to a friend of mine who is also ISFP, and whom I used to date. Another forum member your writing resembles to me is @Misty, who used to type as ISFP and who, after several type changes, is now, publically at least, an INFP.

In my experience, ISFPs find it impossible not to be honest with themselves, which is consistent with their recurring themes of self-exploration on this forum.

I have refrained from expressing my formulations to your questions because such an explication would lead to an infinite regress. My theory for this occurence is that the stipulative classifications being used lack a solid phenomenological treatise that explains its basis. My advice is to feel it out for yourself.

@Noon

something about your avatar is so very ISFP to me.

(And yes, I think it's shallow as fuck to type people based on their avatars, and yet here I am doing just that.)
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

At heart, I’ll always be a bleeding heart liberal.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Conduit View Post
    (And yes, I think it's shallow as fuck to type people based on their avatars, and yet here I am doing just that.)
    Don't we all

@Noon : sounds like you have good Ni and Si skills, depending on the task. Must be pretty handy.

Thanks for your input, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    What happened to ISFP? Set on Pi lead?
    My strongest reason for ISFP was that I felt I valued intuition too much to have it last like the ISFJ. But Se is arguably my poorest function and after a while "Fi-Ni loop" stopped seeming like a good enough explanation. I also realized that my Ji leans strongly towards Ti (and so Fe by default, I suppose).

Sorry for not engaging more fully with the OP ... I need to work my way into my philosophy lenses and right now, they're just words buzzing and swarming around in my head, waiting to make sense.
    No problem. I'll appreciate any response when it comes

Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia View Post
    I have refrained from expressing my formulations to your questions because such an explication would lead to an infinite regress. My theory for this occurence is that the stipulative classifications being used lack a solid phenomenological treatise that explains its basis. My advice is to feel it out for yourself.
    I'm starting to feel this way too.

Socionics
    ILI

The best bet to figuring out what your inferior function is happens to be looking at how it is expressed negatively.

Inferior Ne expresses itself negatively in the form of ominous, dark possibilities arising that seem uncontrollably chaotic and frightening to the Si user, who can only handle so much information at a time to process. When expressed, the ISxJ can see everything that can go wrong, and will become highly negativistic.

Inferior Se expresses itself negatively in the form of a harsh, dark realization about the present, and will often lead to INxJs feeling heavily insecure when dealing with Se tasks that require full immediate attention to the present, and they often foresee possible problems with Se related tasks with their Ni. These people would be the ones to not risk traveling due to the fact that the traffic signs might confuse them, meaning they will probably get lost (juxtaposing the above Ne inferior due to the fact that these predictions are usually correct, they will actually get lost). Also, in extreme cases, negatively expressed Se creates a very materialistic desire to control and possess power, easily describable by the entire series of Breaking Bad with Walter White (INTJ) and his obsession with Empire, Wealth, and Power. Se also causes the INxJs to be blind to the immediate obvious and common sense.

Ni - Hyper-analysis of the past for meaning, personalized integration with concepts and understandings (often leading to idiosyncratic understandings), the ability to predict the future with ease through the assessment of current trends, and the ability to squeeze an absurd amount of information from fragmented or ambiguous data, in addition to the ability to see several perspectives to a problem and immediately zero in on the most efficient perspective (Ni-Je), ignoring information that is not needed (perks to Se inf.).

Si - Nostalgic reliving of the past for the past's sake and worth through memories that are highly detailed and descriptive (in the Si dom), the ability to know ones' own physical and mental limitations extremely specifically as well as knowing ones' own preferences (this option is controversial due to the fact that it melds with Socionics, something I've been digesting in my head) without having to question the self, subjective interpretations and associative take of/on reality (i.e. That cloud looks like a giraffe, I remember a place just like this when I was a kid, etc.). It would probably be best to find an Si dominant to explain Si to you rather than an Ni dominant, as Si is the Ni dominant's Demonic Personality Complex (8th function)

The inferior function imposes itself on the dominant unconsciously and is thus seen as uncontrollable and reckless when it is expressed negatively. It has been postulated that the "shadow" (inferior, not the shadow complexes) is the gateway to the unconscious and therefore holds our desires. Of course, the inferior function can sometimes work in tandem with some functions rather than just tormenting the dominant (which is its inverse) such as the Auxiliary and the Tertiary.