User Tag List

First 456

Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Maybe a strange question but how did you realize in the first place that you were "missing out" on the instinctual stuff?
    I think it's akin to just knowing you're barefoot even though you can't see your feet. You know your soles hurt. You know for instance that you can't go as fast over certain roads. But then there are lots of others who look at you funny if you say something - and proceed to run over glass and gravel.

What I didn't know was how much of it I was missing until I experienced it. So I guess you could say I'd rather buy a pair so I don't have to keep borrowing.

So then, if you think you are being seen as "calm", what's the disadvantage of that specifically? Mind giving me some concrete data here?
    There might not be any real disadvantage in most cases, but depending on what's meant by 'calm' it doesn't line up with who I entirely am, strictly speaking.

I'm always looking for things that would turn the volume up on me [in a good way]. Dispassionate isn't really what I want or am trying to stay, in other words. The wrong people could be drawn to me for the wrong reasons; the right people could overlook me for the wrong reasons. Often that is how it plays out.

Heh how does introspection or patience make you better at more Se? Those things are kind of the antithesis of Se

Mind giving me a couple examples of the "too many to be listed"?
    It'll take a lot of patience to get over my fear of Se.

I'll have to think of how to phrase it. It's still kind of vague in my head.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    There might not be any real disadvantage in most cases, but depending on what's meant by 'calm' it doesn't line up with who I entirely am, strictly speaking.

I'm always looking for things that would turn the volume up on me [in a good way]. Dispassionate isn't really what I want or am trying to stay, in other words. The wrong people could be drawn to me for the wrong reasons; the right people could overlook me for the wrong reasons. Often that is how it plays out.
    Hmm in the context of socionics duality you wouldn't have to worry about the wrong people being drawn to you just because you can't use your suggestive function too well lol..

But yeah I can't really comment more on this other than saying that yes it's good to get rid of unnecessary inhibitions.

Not that I know if Se PoLR for an LII (I see you changed your type to that) is an unnecessary inhibition or what. Supposedly if you like to live in your head with the Ne creative, you wouldn't feel the need for Se.

As for turning up the volume, Fe suggestive perhaps? I really don't know from what you've told me so far.

It'll take a lot of patience to get over my fear of Se.

I'll have to think of how to phrase it. It's still kind of vague in my head.
    Patience when you can't get something the first time and the second time and... if you mean that kind of patience, I get you.

As for the examples, okay, just let me know when you manage to phrase it :P