First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    The best bet to figuring out what your inferior function is happens to be looking at how it is expressed negatively.
    Nice stuff, have you got a write up or a link to all the descriptions of all 8 inferior functions?

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Nice stuff, have you got a write up of or a link to all the descriptions of all 8 inferior functions?
    These are primarily based off of amalgamated knowledge that I have gathered and digested, but this site is exceptional and made by a member who frequents this forum. (Scroll down some for the discussion of the Anima/Animus)

Also, for negatively expressed inferior functions, you'll have to scrounge up random articles from this book like the one shown here for INTJ inferior Se.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

OK, thx

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Have you read simulatedworld's type profiles? Also how would you personally define Ni vs Si? Broad questions I know, but it may help you get typed!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Have you read simulatedworld's type profiles?
    Yep yep. Though I have trouble figuring out whether I'm Ne or Se inferior.

Ne can be 'bothersome': I don't like what I perceive to be its aimless divergence & anarchic innovation for innovation's sake; like the attitude that tearing down a system is better than making reforms from within it. When I'm stressed, my mind fills up with negative possibilities that can be absurd but feel urgent to me. I'm threatened by not having at least some plausible notion about the future [for that reason]. But I'm always looking for connections between ideas so aside from that, we cool.

My relationship with Se is more extreme. Se in and of itself - as in strict empiricism - feels less 'bothersome' and more just oppressive (to me). Again when I'm stressed, I can get overactive or sensation-seeking - usually to feel more anchored in my body and in the present either because I've become too detached or I'm avoiding the future. I think I can be hedonistic in some ways although it's very controlled. Recently I've worked hard to become more natural with my instinctual self but it's ebb & flow. I enjoy those who are more natural with theirs.

Also how would you personally define Ni vs Si? Broad questions I know, but it may help you get typed!
    Si: keeping instinctive, static templates
    Ni: keeping conceptual, dynamic templates

Lol though like I said on the last page, my definitions might be whacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Ni - Hyper-analysis of the past for meaning, personalized integration with concepts and understandings (often leading to idiosyncratic understandings), the ability to predict the future with ease through the assessment of current trends, and the ability to squeeze an absurd amount of information from fragmented or ambiguous data, in addition to the ability to see several perspectives to a problem and immediately zero in on the most efficient perspective (Ni-Je), ignoring information that is not needed (perks to Se inf.).

Si - Nostalgic reliving of the past for the past's sake and worth through memories that are highly detailed and descriptive (in the Si dom), the ability to know ones' own physical and mental limitations extremely specifically as well as knowing ones' own preferences (this option is controversial due to the fact that it melds with Socionics, something I've been digesting in my head) without having to question the self, subjective interpretations and associative take of/on reality (i.e. That cloud looks like a giraffe, I remember a place just like this when I was a kid, etc.). It would probably be best to find an Si dominant to explain Si to you rather than an Ni dominant, as Si is the Ni dominant's Demonic Personality Complex (8th function)
    I identify with the bolded.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    3. To what extent can the inferior function assimilate itself (its values) into primary consciousness?
    I wanted to say this question was excellent. Can anyone comment on it? :P

My relationship with Se is more extreme. Se in and of itself - as in strict empiricism - feels less 'bothersome' and more just oppressive (to me). Again when I'm stressed, I can get overactive or sensation-seeking - usually to feel more anchored in my body and in the present either because I've become too detached or I'm avoiding the future. I think I can be hedonistic in some ways although it's very controlled. Recently I've worked hard to become more natural with my instinctual self but it's ebb & flow. I enjoy those who are more natural with theirs.
    Maybe it's hard for you to answer this one but what exactly do you mean by feeling more (anchored) in your body? I get the part about being in the present, but not sure what your experience is like with changing from detachment into being in your body...?

Maybe it's hard for you to answer this one but what exactly do you mean by feeling more (anchored) in your body? I get the part about being in the present, but not sure what your experience is like with changing from detachment into being in your body...?
    I'll direct so much energy to my head [center] that I'm not technically fully inhabiting my body. Not literally, but the difference is for instance extremely noticeable after:

• I've been very active
    • I've experienced a strong emotion like anger, desire, or fear
    • I've experienced a strong physical sensation
    • or otherwise

I'll become more attuned to the physical dimension of my being and it feels like being 'fully alive'; more inside of my body. It can be either 'exhilirating' or disorienting but it's always a grounding wake-up. If it helps at all, I'm pretty sure I'm a socionics IEI. Not totally certain, but pretty sure.

I've mostly refrained from explaining my pov in too much detail here because I'm worried it'll sound silly, but I guess it could only help. I'd rather use plain words than sentences though.

Ni (?): underpinning, skeletal, paradigm shift, the void, archetype, prototype, symbol, multiverse, myth, thing-monism, cross-synchronization, free association, amorphous, meditate, contemplate, spatial, essential, macrocosm, origin, primordial, spontaneous imagery, trace, disentangle.

This is my active mindframe.

Si (?): associative, impression, symbol, subject from object, nostalgia, static, library, personal imagery, gut attachments, embedded meaning, involuntary recall, passeist.

This is my passive mindframe.

I toggle between both and both are very 'important' along with Ti (ego-syntonic).

Se is the function I have the most ... functional trouble with, lol, because its attitude requires I devalue not only one but both of these mindframes. Still, because my mind is so subjective & free-associative, I definitely need it at times to bring me 'back to earth'. Does this make sense? I'm not sure which Pe function is my true inferior because both are ego-dystonic.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

I'll direct so much energy to my head [center] that I'm not technically fully inhabiting my body. Not literally, but the difference is for instance extremely noticeable after:

• I've been very active
    • I've experienced a strong emotion like anger, desire, or fear
    • I've experienced a strong physical sensation
    • or otherwise

I'll become more attuned to the physical dimension of my being and it feels like being 'fully alive'; more inside of my body. It can be either 'exhilirating' or disorienting but it's always a grounding wake-up. If it helps at all, I'm pretty sure I'm a socionics IEI. Not totally certain, but pretty sure.

I've mostly refrained from explaining my pov in too much detail here because I'm worried it'll sound silly, but I guess it could only help. I'd rather use plain words than sentences though.

Ni (?): underpinning, skeletal, paradigm shift, the void, archetype, prototype, symbol, multiverse, myth, thing-monism, cross-synchronization, free association, amorphous, meditate, contemplate, spatial, essential, macrocosm, origin, primordial, spontaneous imagery, trace, disentangle.

This is my active mindframe.

Si (?): associative, impression, symbol, subject from object, nostalgia, static, library, personal imagery, gut attachments, embedded meaning, involuntary recall, passeist.

This is my passive mindframe.

I toggle between both and both are very 'important' along with Ti (ego-syntonic).

Se is the function I have the most ... functional trouble with, lol, because its attitude requires I devalue not only one but both of these mindframes. Still, because my mind is so subjective & free-associative, I definitely need it at times to bring me 'back to earth'. Does this make sense? I'm not sure which Pe function is my true inferior because both are ego-dystonic.
    Interesting... I asked because I don't ever notice a difference in my case, no matter how active I am physically or if I experience a physical sensation etc. Maybe sometimes I feel a bit carried away with some insight - intuitive insight, sometimes these things do happen to me - and I do think I feel a bit "high" then but I still don't feel I'm being outside my body or whatever it is like for you, and these moments are short anyway.

I'm not quite sure if that's because I don't focus on my body separately. My attention is instead directed like this: body and mind are kind of one for me and I either think about something or I listen to/am busy with the outside world/surroundings. Body is seamlessly integrated with all that via my instinctual reactions and decisions and I don't pay attention beyond that. Is this very different from how you are then?

What words would you use for your Ti? How is it different from your Ni?

My attention is instead directed like this: body and mind are kind of one for me and I either think about something or I listen to/am busy with the outside world/surroundings. Body is seamlessly integrated with all that via my instinctual reactions and decisions and I don't pay attention beyond that. Is this very different from how you are then?
    8s are the type most in touch with their instincts, right? Must be cool.

@bold: haha yes - for better or worse - unless I integrate to 9.

What words would you use for your Ti? How is it different from your Ni?
    Hmm

Configure, deconstruct, delineate, define, classify, arrange, detach, framework shift.

It's conscious, linear, and requires effort. Since mine is only tertiary it also doesn't 'feel' as confident as an IXTP's.