• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Me. It's the most interesting feature of this forum in my opinion.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Pull your head out of your ass! I would say I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but I wouldn't want bolster your ego by making you think you've stumped me with your ever so complex "INFJ" observations, so instead I will attempt to respond to your convoluted mess of a post...with questions.

How am I acting like i'm doing anyone a favor? Perhaps it was when I said 17 questions is sufficient?

Hmm...nope. That was a way letting readers know that I don't think any further ones would be necessary for illustrating my type, no favors asked. Or was it when I said "Now type away"? Surely not. Surely a playful, pretty obscure request is in no way, shape, or form asking for favors.

I don't know how to be more blunt here. You really made no real sense there. Btw, I think getting butturt for no good reason and displaying a trivial gif of a fucking Kardashian as a result of it is so far from something an authentic INFJ would ever do it's borderline comical.

Edit: Okay, "now type away" is technically asking for a favor, but not in any sort of entitled fashion and certainly does not warrant vulgar insults.

Fixed. =)

Theknowing

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
Exactly...:)

Whaddaya mean "hints"? I thought my type has been confirmed. And yeah..siblings. Fighting. Cute. And I hate to be a scrooge or something but it's pretty obnoxious when you reply with nothing relevant to arguments brought up in my post, unless of course that's your way of letting me know I'm right after all? Maybe? (All referring to a message you sent me in some realm apart from this thread that I, for the life of me, can't figure out how to respond to outside this thread, so sorry if that's not to be done here).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even the title can be interpreted as an insult to its users, if it were deliberately misread.

Basically, my first gut reaction was 'and what makes you think you're interesting enough for us to go through a wall of text and for you to then take your free 'typing' and leave since this forum isn't interesting in any other way to you' as well, but I realised that it was likely just an honest observation and even likely a compliment of sorts. Given the Fe inferior, the rest of the post was in much the same vein - blunt, honest and to the point.

Iow, OP, you went straight for what you wanted - like a true STP. Unfortunately, that kind of 'straightness' when not properly formulated (aka using Fe), can come off as entitled and pedantic. The rest of your posts however gave away that you're just a straight shooter focused on a goal and that the perceived entitlement was just that - perceived.

All yeghor was doing is pointing out that your formulations might need work in order to not give off such a vibe. As he is an Fe-user, it is likely to bug him more than others who are less focused on such matters. Up to you to decide what you do with the feedback and if it is in fact an area you'd want to work on in order to smoothen interpersonal relationships in the future.

Oh - and welcome to TypeC :wink:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Ftr, I felt there was nothing problematic about the OP and that [MENTION=20531]yeghor[/MENTION]'s gif was petty, disproportional, unwarranted, made no sense, and was ill-advised.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a fine analysis, but question: how is yearning for security in all contexts of life such an odd thing to say? Seems a pretty common desire to me.

It doesn't seem odd to me but it's not a desire that everyone has, not really one of my desires either. You're probably sp-dom. If you ever decide to delve into enneagram... why aren't you interested in it right now?

Even the title can be interpreted as an insult to its users, if it were deliberately misread.

Basically, my first gut reaction was 'and what makes you think you're interesting enough for us to go through a wall of text and for you to then take your free 'typing' and leave since this forum isn't interesting in any other way to you' as well, but I realised that it was likely just an honest observation and even likely a compliment of sorts. Given the Fe inferior, the rest of the post was in much the same vein - blunt, honest and to the point.

Well that former interpretation, that's what I call unnecessary reading between the lines. :p

I would agree with the second interpretation though. That's how I immediately saw it, I guess I just didn't assume anything F-ish and that's why.

Basically I think about it this way, if there's a forum where people like to analyse other people's types then it shouldn't be an issue to make such requests. Or if it's really an issue, then just shut down the whole forum section. See, that doesn't sound likely :D

Btw I like your overall analysis (the parts not quoted as well).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It doesn't seem odd to me but it's not a desire that everyone has, not really one of my desires either. You're probably sp-dom. If you ever decide to delve into enneagram... why aren't you interested in it right now?

Well that former interpretation, that's what I call unnecessary reading between the lines. :p

I would agree with the second interpretation though. That's how I immediately saw it, I guess I just didn't assume anything F-ish and that's why.

Basically I think about it this way, if there's a forum where people like to analyse other people's types then it shouldn't be an issue to make such requests. Or if it's really an issue, then just shut down the whole forum section. See, that doesn't sound likely :D

:D Why, thank you.

Keep in mind your way of viewing the world aint the only one. You may not read between the lines or consider it a waste of your time, but the subtle innuendo, nuance and wording that can be used to wield social and emotional power should not be underestimated. Eloquency is a weapon. This area of expertise is a chessboard all onto its own. And for those mastering that realm, your view on that matter is going to be...shall we say, cute? :smooch:

Add to that the limitations to speech here due to the lack of access to body language, verbal cues and intonations and well...these kind of miscommunications happen. There is an art to wording things in a way that make them unambiguous - or, very ambiguous depending on your goal.

But yes, it tends not to be a focus for ISTPs so they're more likely to run into this kind of issue. And they're not alone, many an FP runs into this issue as well due to Fi not really dealing with the realm of social courtesy. I know I did, back when - and occasionally still do when Im in a 'fuck it' mood.

It's a matter of preferences, after all. And aint that exactly why we're here - to learn about how others see the world and discover our own blindspots :wink:

Theknowing

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?

That's not true. It is one of your desires. Maybe you are confused as to what security means. I means having plentiful food, water, shelter, a sound mind, your heart in the right place,the ability to keep your lights on, so on and so forth. It's called survival and has little to do eneegaram or whatever it's called. Strange how my least unique little tidbit of info I included in my questionnaire has attracted so much dialogue.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:D Why, thank you.

Keep in mind your way of viewing the world aint the only one. You may not read between the lines or consider it a waste of your time, but the subtle innuendo, nuance and wording that can be used to wield social and emotional power should not be underestimated. Eloquency is a weapon. This area of expertise is a chessboard all onto its own. And for those mastering that realm, your view on that matter is going to be...shall we say, cute? :smooch:

Thing is when others use such nuances, it escapes me most of the time. It leaves me unaffected. So I don't really feel it's a tool for wielding power. Sure maybe it works on others but again, not my choice for a tool. I'm sure it would be great to learn to use it but it seems like a lot of cognitive effort. This is one of the things where MBTI does seem to make a lot of sense to me.

Why did you call it "cute"?

Add to that the limitations to speech here due to the lack of access to body language, verbal cues and intonations and well...these kind of miscommunications happen. There is an art to wording things in a way that make them unambiguous - or, very ambiguous depending on your goal.

This is true that the internet makes these misunderstandings worse.

It's a matter of preferences, after all. And aint that exactly why we're here - to learn about how others see the world and discover our own blindspots :wink:

Yeah.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's not true. It is one of your desires. Maybe you are confused as to what security means. I means having plentiful food, water, shelter, a sound mind, your heart in the right place,the ability to keep your lights on, so on and so forth. It's called survival and has little to do eneegaram or whatever it's called. Strange how my least unique little tidbit of info I included in my questionnaire has attracted so much dialogue.

Yeah well the word "security" is pretty generic. These things you listed I just take for granted though. Of course they are important but it's not what I'd mention when asked what I yearn for.

The point to the theory of these instincts (sp, so, sx) is that not everyone focuses on these things equally.

Btw. What did you mean by "your heart in the right place"?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thing is when others use such nuances, it escapes me most of the time. It leaves me unaffected. So I don't really feel it's a tool for wielding power. Sure maybe it works on others but again, not my choice for a tool. I'm sure it would be great to learn to use it but it seems like a lot of cognitive effort. This is one of the things where MBTI does seem to make a lot of sense to me.

Why did you call it "cute"?

This is true that the internet makes these misunderstandings worse.

Yeah.

Because it is cute :)

There is a certain naive bluntness to ignoring such information. And I don't mean that in a condescending way. It's occasionally refreshing to see someone just cut through all the power play and innuendo and just...kind of like a child, speak the truth. On the other hand, it also can be irritating to see such a person not understand the complexities and worse, completely dismiss them as irrelevant, when they do matter - this is generally speaking btw, I'm extrapolating now.

I get the same treatment wrt to what I ignore and refuse to invest in- as you say, coz it is such a big cognitive effort. In my case, this is everything to do with Ti. To me its convoluted, unnecessary and not worth the investment. But - ironically - ISTPs and even more so INTPs as well as other Ti users will get very irritated with me dismissing their povs and my naive suggestions as it interferes with what they consider important - the objective truth. To me, its not worth the hoopla - but I do recognise their brilliance and mastery when i see it or at least I try to. And it most definitely has its uses.

The same is true in this case. Not wording things properly and causing miscommunication isn't a big deal onto its own. But entitlement is something that causes irreparable damage in our society as it seeps into peoples attitudes, mentality and leads to objectification of others as the individuals privilege becomes more important than the other people and their needs around that individual. And in that respect, it can become important to ask people to check themselves when they display symptoms of such behaviour - which is what happened here.

Learning how to be aware of such attitudes, and wording your thoughts with that awareness in mind can minimise miscommunication and drama on all areas, including this particular example. Do you have to be an expert at it? No...but just as I try to appreciate the mastery of those that use Ti and recognise its worth, as well as at least learn some of the basics, it might pay to learn the basics of expressing yourself clearly and being aware of the emotional charge certain words and certain wording can hold in order to present yourself more clearly to others and smoothen interpersonal interactions. Does that mean you have to become an Fe-ninja? No...but a little goes a long way. The effort will be recognised and appreciated :)

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because it is cute :)

There is a certain naive bluntness to ignoring such information. And I don't mean that in a condescending way. It's occasionally refreshing to see someone just cut through all the power play and innuendo and just...kind of like a child, speak the truth. On the other hand, it also can be irritating to see such a person not understand the complexities and worse, completely dismiss them as irrelevant, when they do matter - this is generally speaking btw, I'm extrapolating now.

OK I get the "cute" thing :/

As for those complexities... As I mentioned before, they do matter to certain people only. And that's irritating to me that they expect others to be the same lol. Without realizing that it really just doesn't matter to some people. But then I guess it's irritating for me that it matters for those people so we are equal here heh. Both parties equally irritated about the other.

(I'm talking in general, not about you and me)

I get the same treatment wrt to what I ignore and refuse to invest in- as you say, coz it is such a big cognitive effort. In my case, this is everything to do with Ti. To me its convoluted, unnecessary and not worth the investment. But - ironically - ISTPs and even more so INTPs as well as other Ti users will get very irritated with me dismissing their povs and my naive suggestions as it interferes with what they consider important - the objective truth. To me, its not worth the hoopla - but I do recognise their brilliance and mastery when i see it or at least I try to. And it most definitely has its uses.

I can see why you'd feel it's convoluted and unnecessary. I totally understand Ti looks like that compared to Te. It's not like I have a choice though, I just "need" to use it to process things. And it's a really powerful tool once the whole (logical) picture is put together about something.

I don't mind if someone doesn't care about all the Ti stuff, they don't need to analyse stuff if they don't want to. My problem is only if I get a reaction loaded with personal attacks. Innuendos, whatever plays, as you said. I hate that sort of stuff. So the only thing I expect unconsciously & automatically is that other people try to process what I say without getting hung on whatever possible personal meanings, reading between the lines.

Btw I don't know what naive suggestions you tend to have that annoys Ti users but I don't think I would be annoyed, I would just try to understand what you said. I have a lot of patience with that sort of thing. I'm not too worried about it "interfering" with the objective truth. I don't want to close myself to new data. That truth won't be any good if it's concluded by explicitly ignoring some data.

So please don't assume Ti users are all alike ;)

The same is true in this case. Not wording things properly and causing miscommunication isn't a big deal onto its own. But entitlement is something that causes irreparable damage in our society as it seeps into peoples attitudes, mentality and leads to objectification of others as the individuals privilege becomes more important than the other people and their needs around that individual. And in that respect, it can become important to ask people to check themselves when they display symptoms of such behaviour - which is what happened here.

Well I see a simple solution there; just let others know what you need. If they ignore it even when you explicitly spoke up then better not deal with those people anymore.

Maybe you'll see this as oversimplification but that'll be our cognitive differences ;P

Learning how to be aware of such attitudes, and wording your thoughts with that awareness in mind can minimise miscommunication and drama on all areas, including this particular example. Do you have to be an expert at it? No...but just as I try to appreciate the mastery of those that use Ti and recognise its worth, as well as at least learn some of the basics, it might pay to learn the basics of expressing yourself clearly and being aware of the emotional charge certain words and certain wording can hold in order to present yourself more clearly to others and smoothen interpersonal interactions. Does that mean you have to become an Fe-ninja? No...but a little goes a long way. The effort will be recognised and appreciated :)

My solution is again simple; don't assume atittudes until actions clearly express them. Maybe it's hard for F types to NOT read into the lines though so then my solution isn't so simple for you F people?

It's equally hard for me though to always stop in every second to check my wording and behaviour. Sure you can tell me that's not really required but I guess that's what an inferior function is like, hard to control it.

(I'm not saying I disagree with the idea that some basics are useful.)

PS: I wonder if OP relates to all this? As an ISTP?

Theknowing

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
Yeah well the word "security" is pretty generic. These things you listed I just take for granted though. Of course they are important but it's not what I'd mention when asked what I yearn for.

The point to the theory of these instincts (sp, so, sx) is that not everyone focuses on these things equally.

Btw. What did you mean by "your heart in the right place"?

Good question! Basically, it means having unconditional respect for women, children, men 65 and older, and animals. It means harming only those who have harmed the before-mentioned groups and/or your loved ones and being generous to those who are homeless, suicidal, autistic, etc. It's waking up in the morning and symbolically crossing your chest the way those Catholics do even if you are faithless, to show some kind of humility toward the universe. That sort of thing.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK I get the "cute" thing :/

As for those complexities... As I mentioned before, they do matter to certain people only. And that's irritating to me that they expect others to be the same lol. Without realizing that it really just doesn't matter to some people. But then I guess it's irritating for me that it matters for those people so we are equal here heh. Both parties equally irritated about the other.

(I'm talking in general, not about you and me)

I can see why you'd feel it's convoluted and unnecessary. I totally understand Ti looks like that compared to Te. It's not like I have a choice though, I just "need" to use it to process things. And it's a really powerful tool once the whole (logical) picture is put together about something.

I don't mind if someone doesn't care about all the Ti stuff, they don't need to analyse stuff if they don't want to. My problem is only if I get a reaction loaded with personal attacks. Innuendos, whatever plays, as you said. I hate that sort of stuff. So the only thing I expect unconsciously & automatically is that other people try to process what I say without getting hung on whatever possible personal meanings, reading between the lines.

Btw I don't know what naive suggestions you tend to have that annoys Ti users but I don't think I would be annoyed, I would just try to understand what you said. I have a lot of patience with that sort of thing. I'm not too worried about it "interfering" with the objective truth. I don't want to close myself to new data. That truth won't be any good if it's concluded by explicitly ignoring some data.

So please don't assume Ti users are all alike ;)

Well I see a simple solution there; just let others know what you need. If they ignore it even when you explicitly spoke up then better not deal with those people anymore.

Maybe you'll see this as oversimplification but that'll be our cognitive differences ;P

My solution is again simple; don't assume atittudes until actions clearly express them. Maybe it's hard for F types to NOT read into the lines though so then my solution isn't so simple for you F people?

It's equally hard for me though to always stop in every second to check my wording and behaviour. Sure you can tell me that's not really required but I guess that's what an inferior function is like, hard to control it.

(I'm not saying I disagree with the idea that some basics are useful.)

PS: I wonder if OP relates to all this? As an ISTP?

Heh, see this is why I tend to either get along with ISTPS marvellously, or not at all. They either want it all Ti, or they are, as you stated, very willing to not assume a thing and just map things out as we go along :heart:

Trust me, I have the same grievances when I get called on not getting the complexities of Ti, and get explained it aint as black and white as I'd like to paint it. And I aint about to change the way I work either - it's just not a useful tool to me. And you're right, it would require incredible energy to use it every day at every moment - which is why I was amused to see an Fe-aux be that annoyed with an Fe-inferior.

I understand where he was coming from (The INFJ), as he does have a point - but then he too should be able to realise that for an Fe-inferior, those things just aren't as...clear. I'm sure he does, for that matter. You can make ISTPs reflect on this for sure, and hell, if you take the time to explain it fully, they'll even - like you just did - completely understand, but adjustments will be made at their pace and when they've run into such an issue enough times to actually warrant the energy needed to make such a chance.

So no, I wouldn't want you guys to be any other way. Nor would I want to burden you with having to contemplate these issues every second of every day as it would detract from the awesome strengths you guys do possess. All I'm asking is...be aware of it and recognise it for what it is when you do run into this issue. It'll already go a long way in keeping the lines of communication open :wink:

And similarly...if I ever do run into a Ti-issue with you - please be patient with me. I'm so willing to learn, I just..need a moment to become aware that there is in fact an issue and a willing guide to walk me through why it is one ;)

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good question! Basically, it means having unconditional respect for women, children, men 65 and older, and animals. It means harming only those who have harmed the before-mentioned groups and/or your loved ones and being generous to those who are homeless, suicidal, autistic, etc. It's waking up in the morning and symbolically crossing your chest the way those Catholics do even if you are faithless, to show some kind of humility toward the universe. That sort of thing.

Ah... and why's that related to you having security / desiring security?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Heh, see this is why I tend to either get along with ISTPS marvellously, or not at all. They either want it all Ti, or they are, as you stated, very willing to not assume a thing and just map things out as we go along :heart:

(...) All I'm asking is...be aware of it and recognise it for what it is when you do run into this issue. It'll already go a long way in keeping the lines of communication open :wink:

And similarly...if I ever do run into a Ti-issue with you - please be patient with me. I'm so willing to learn, I just..need a moment to become aware that there is in fact an issue and a willing guide to walk me through why it is one ;)

That's fair enough ;)

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

I understand what you mean man. As you first get into typology, mbti is really enough, but if you stay interested for a while, you start to notice the most subtle differences in peoples personalities. Is it kinda dumb to be that into it? Yeah, I kinda think it is, which is why i try not to let myself spend too much time on here. But, once you do really start to pay attention to typology a lot, you'll notice pretty big differences between people of the same type and it will be confusing. FOR ME, enneagram clears that up. I totally understand you not wanting to care about it yet though, lol. I just saw what I saw in your description because I have enneagram on my mind right now honestly.

Theknowing

Permabanned
MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
?
Man fuck Ti doms on second thought. Apparently they are a lot of douchebags from what I've been reading. Matter of fact, I now don't like the sound having an inferior feeling or thinking function. The former makes me see myself a graceless prick and the latter would have me constantly questioning my intelligence, or at least how much I truly value it. Someone teach me how to be anything other than EXTJ, IXTP, EXFJ, or IXFP please. Dead serious here. It would really make my poor little ego healthier.