• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP, but maybe INFP or INFJ?

Aleria

These are the results I get most since I started studying MBTI.

Recently, I started to score as INFP and INFJ after a long period scoring as INTP.

I've already studied the JCF, and, well, I'm good typing others irl but when it comes to myself, confusion sets in... Maybe, it's because I can see the facets of my personality making it easy to happen...

Someone could help me saying the core differences between these types? It's easy to confuse them, looking from the outside, sometimes (ennegram helps it too). I don't know people irl of these types, only INTPs, making it harder to analyse correctly. I'll answer questions about me too, I'm not writing about me now because I'm struggling to find a starting point and I'm a little tired (and lazy)...

Any help will be welcome! :)

theanchorite

One thought: INTPs have thinking as their strongest function and feeling as their weakest. INFPs are the opposite. If you're having a hard time deciding whether you're a thinking or feeling type, it might be likelier that you're an INFJ (or even an INTJ... there's a lot of INTP/INTJ mistyping) since these types have thinking and feeling as their auxiliary/tertiary functions, closer to each other.

Do you identify with descriptions of Ni?

yeghor

These are the results I get most since I started studying MBTI.

Recently, I started to score as INFP and INFJ after a long period scoring as INTP.

I've already studied the JCF, and, well, I'm good typing others irl but when it comes to myself, confusion sets in... Maybe, it's because I can see the facets of my personality making it easy to happen...

Someone could help me saying the core differences between these types? It's easy to confuse them, looking from the outside, sometimes (ennegram helps it too). I don't know people irl of these types, only INTPs, making it harder to analyse correctly. I'll answer questions about me too, I'm not writing about me now because I'm struggling to find a starting point and I'm a little tired (and lazy)...

Any help will be welcome! :)

Actually when you posted a photo of your room, it reminded me of mine (except that it was lacking a desktop pc)... Perhaps you are an INFJ...

Aleria

One thought: INTPs have thinking as their strongest function and feeling as their weakest. INFPs are the opposite. If you're having a hard time deciding whether you're a thinking or feeling type, it might be likelier that you're an INFJ (or even an INTJ... there's a lot of INTP/INTJ mistyping) since these types have thinking and feeling as their auxiliary/tertiary functions, closer to each other.

Do you identify with descriptions of Ni?

That's the tricky one. I identify a lot, with a lot of functions. That includes Ti, Fi, Ne, Ni, Si. I have some Fe traits, but if I have it as aux, it's "filtered", so the Jungian description as I read in "Psychological Types" wouldn't relate too much with my personality. The least functions I relate is Te and Se, my Se really sucks, haha. I don't find it so difficult to confuse INTP with INFP as the inferior Fe of INTPs can have certain form that would make it easy to confuse the types (my INTP friend sometimes tests as INFP beacuse of mood swings, for example). I'll show some traits of my personality below and you can analyse better. ;)

Actually when you posted a photo of your room, it reminded me of mine (except that it was lacking a desktop pc)... Perhaps you are an INFJ...

Typing by room, I like it. :D

--------------------

Let's see here, in a first instance I'll talk about some traits about my personality perceived by me and others (aka internally and externally), feel free to ask, I'll add more info:

- I'm a real knowledge seeker. When I get interested about something, I'll research about it tirelessly, until I find the truth about the subject in question;
- I tend to focus on the human side of issues;
- I'm into arts and science (I know it says nothing at all, but I'm putting it here);
- Past events (good and bad) move me emotionally as if it occured yesterday. I'm deeply nostalgic;
- I've been criticized for talking the truth harshly;
- I've been criticized for having an idealistic vision of life;
- I have a quick temper;
- I'm outspoken, and it's hard for me to keep to myself when I see someone talking nonsense/ absurd/ prejudicial things;
- I worry about my loved ones and friends' problems as they were mine (but not in an intrusive way, it's more internal);
- I'm super reserved about my private life, I have difficulties approaching others and I require lots of time alone to recharge;
- I have difficulties to express my feelings, and when they come out it seems a little twisted. I also tend to bottle things up till it gets extremely painful and I end up exploding;
- I have good written skills. And I love writing;
- I'm prone to anxiety;
- I tend not to finish things I start, that's horrible, I'm working on this;
- I procrastinate a lot, and work better when a deadline is close;
- I'm stubborn, and I have issues for being reluctant (the best way to make me avoid doing something is to demand it);
- I daydream a lot, and I'm prone to indulge in fantasy;
- I normally search for logical explanations about things, but I also like to read some mystical things (not that I believe, but I find interesting);
- I find it important to have some degree of spirituality in my life;
- My friends normally ask me for advice, and they say I'm a good counselor (and crying shoulder, hahaha). They also say I have a good sarcastic/ acid/ twisted sense of humor;
- I love learning about and experiencing new cultures;
- I've been called an extroverted introvert;
- I have good debate skills;
- Sometimes I'm not aware of how I come off to others;

That's some traits, ask and I'll add further info!

Last edited:

yeghor

Let's see here, in a first instance I'll talk about some traits about my personality perceived by me and others (aka internally and externally), feel free to ask, I'll add more info:

- I'm a real knowledge seeker. When I get interested about something, I'll research about it tirelessly, until I find the truth about the subject in question;
Ti or Ni...?
- I tend to focus on the human side of issues;
Definitely F at least aux...
- I'm into arts and science (I know it says nothing at all, but I'm putting it here);
???
- Past events (good and bad) move me emotionally as if it occured yesterday. I'm deeply nostalgic;
Fi?
- I've been criticized for talking the truth harshly;
Te?
- I've been criticized for having an idealistic vision of life;
- I have a quick temper;
Ne or Se?
- I'm outspoken, and it's hard for me to keep to myself when I see someone talking nonsense/ absurd/ prejudicial things;
Ne or Te?
- I worry about my loved ones and friends' problems as they were mine (but not in an intrusive way, it's more internal);
Fi?
- I'm super reserved about my private life, I have difficulties approaching others and I require lots of time alone to recharge;
Introvert...
- I have difficulties to express my feelings, and when they come out it seems a little twisted. I also tend to bottle things up till it gets extremely painful and I end up exploding;
Fe...
- I have good written and skills. And I love writing;
Is your handwriting nice or garbled...? I think this will be the tie braker...
- I'm prone to anxiety;
- I tend not to finish things I start, that's horrible, I'm working on this;
P type...?
- I procrastinate a lot, and work better when a deadline is close;
N type or P type...?
- I'm stubborn, and I have issues for being reluctant (the best way to make me avoid doing something is to demand it);
Passive aggression?
- I daydream a lot, and I'm prone to indulge in fantasy;
N dom or aux...
- I normally search for logical explanations about things, but I also like to read some mystical things (not that I believe, but I find interesting);
N dom or aux...
- I find it important to have some degree of spirituality in life;
- My friends normally ask me for advice, and they say I'm a good counselor (and crying shoulder, hahaha). They also say I have a good sarcastic/ acid/ twisted sense of humor;
N dom or aux...
- I love learning about and experiencing new cultures;N-dom? Experiencing by travelling or thru audio-visual materials and how frequent?
- I've been called an extroverted introvert; ???
- I have good debate skills;
Te?
- Sometimes I'm not aware of how I come off to others;
Fi?

That's some traits, ask and I'll add further info!

You are some kind of an NF that I am sure I can say...

Aleria

You are some kind of an NF that I am sure I can say...

Is your handwriting nice or garbled...? I think this will be the tie braker...

Describing is difficult, here's a photo.

image.jpg

Experiencing by travelling or thru audio-visual materials and how frequent?

Audio visual materials and when I meet people from another countries, for example. I frequently search for it, reading, learning about the culture, listening to music, learning new languages. I still can't travel due to certain circumstances in my life, but I will (and want this badly!).

yeghor

Describing is difficult, here's a photo.

View attachment 11532

Audio visual materials and when I meet people from another countries, for example. I frequently search for it, reading, learning about the culture, listening to music, learning new languages. I still can't travel due to certain circumstances in my life, but I will (and want this badly!).

On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate my handwriting 3-4 whereas yours is like 7-8, which must mean you are an ENFP...I guess it has something to do with Fi or Te...My sister's handwriting is aesthetic as well... Mine is like scribbles...

I wonder if INFPs have nice, aesthetic handwritings as well? And did you consciously try to develop a personal aesthetic handwriting style...

I for instance don't care how others see or judge my handwriting...It's just a tool for me to record my thoughts before they flew away from my mind...It sucks when I can't read what I've written though...:D

My ISTJ father keeps criticizing me for my "bad" handwriting, as if it was a representation of who I am... Even if it is, it doesn't reflect who I am entirely...So I suspect this may have something to do with Te as well...

My ENFP sister's house if full of trophies and thingies she has collected from around the world, trinkets that she cherishes... It's like an obstacle couse to navigate inside the house...and it causes Se overload in me that I feel drowsy after an hour...

Do you have such a tendency in regards to items as well?

Edit: I theorize that INFJs can act like ENFPs and ENFPs like INFJs from time to time...It's just that one side is more predominant...

Last edited:

Aleria

On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate my handwriting 3-4 whereas yours is like 7-8, which must mean you are an ENFP...I guess it has something to do with Fi or Te...My sister's handwriting is aesthetic as well... Mine is like scribbles...

I wonder if INFPs have nice, aesthetic handwritings as well? And did you consciously try to develop a personal aesthetic handwriting style...

I for instance don't care how others see or judge my handwriting...It's just a tool for me to record my thoughts before they flew away from my mind...It sucks when I can't read what I've written though...:D

My ISTJ father keeps criticizing me for my "bad" handwriting, as if it was a representation of who I am... Even if it is, it doesn't reflect who I am entirely...So I suspect this may have something to do with Te as well...

My ENFP sister's house if full of trophies and thingies she has collected from around the world, trinkets that she cherishes... It's like an obstacle couse to navigate inside the house...and it causes Se overload in me that I feel drowsy after an hour...

Do you have such a tendency in regards to items as well?

Edit: I theorize that INFJs can act like ENFPs and ENFPs like INFJs from time to time...It's just that one side is more predominant...

My handwriting as it is came out spontaneously when I was around 13 years old and got better over time. I don't think I tried to develop anything aesthetic, really.

And I tend to cherish items, yes, mainly because of the memories they bring (Si thing?), but I am pretty organized and cautious about them, keeping them in boxes, for example, or in determined racks.

And, why E? I'm curious, as I find it really hard to see myself as an extrovert, sometimes even some introverted friends seem far more extroverted and sociable than me, hahaha. I'm not shy, though.

yeghor

My handwriting as it is came out spontaneously when I was around 13 years old and got better over time. I don't think I tried to develop anything aesthetic, really.

And I tend to cherish items, yes, mainly because of the memories they bring (Si thing?), but I am pretty organized and cautious about them, keeping them in boxes, for example, or in determined racks.

And, why E? I'm curious, as I find it really hard to see myself as an extrovert, sometimes even some introverted friends seem far more extroverted and sociable than me, hahaha. I'm not shy, though.

Sis does the same...I think it has something to do with Fi-Te... I guess my sis sees those trophies as a symbol of her "specialness\uniqueness"... as if to differentiate herself from and rise above others...cause not everyone around her can afford to acquire that many items from around the world... Te is materialistic...it measures worth in material terms... and Fi is about individual's internal worth... So the two get tied together thru the trinkets somehow and provides her with some kind of constant positive ego feedback...?

About the E/I thing, I don't know really...She also likes travelling...don't know if INFPs have such a tendency...

Aleria

Sis does the same...I think it has something to do with Fi-Te... I guess my sis sees those trophies as a symbol of her "specialness\uniqueness"... as if to differentiate herself from and rise above others...cause not everyone around her can afford to acquire that many items from around the world... Te is materialistic...it measures worth in material terms... and Fi is about individual's internal worth... So the two get tied together thru the trinkets somehow and provides her with some kind of constant positive ego feedback...?

About the E/I thing, I don't know really...She also likes travelling...don't know if INFPs have such a tendency...

Funny thing is that I'm not materialistic at all, in the sense of buying things to show others etc. The things I cherish are normally gifts I received from special people in my life, letters, childhood toys/ trinkets, photographs etc... And as I said I normally keep them hidden, or in very specific places... Don't know if liking to travel relates with I/E either... I know extroverts who hate to travel and introverts who absolutely love it!

yeghor

Funny thing is that I'm not materialistic at all, in the sense of buying things to show others etc. The things I cherish are normally gifts I received from special people in my life, letters, childhood toys/ trinkets, photographs etc... And as I said I normally keep them hidden, or in very specific places... Don't know if liking to travel relates with I/E either... I know extroverts who hate to travel and introverts who absolutely love it!

This is my best guess based on info you provided...:) Our true character sets around mid 20s I guess...so if you are younger than that you may be having confusion about it...?

Aleria

This is my best guess based on info you provided...:) Our true character sets around mid 20s I guess...so if you are younger than that you may be having confusion about it...?

I'm 21. Don't know, it's like I really know who I am, but I have difficulties finding a type that suits my personality really well...