First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I frequently test as a 5w8, Hap.

Although the pairing is antithetical to the traditional Enneagram format, I find the combination works better for me than my secondary and tertiary scores of 5w6; 5w4.

How comfortable are you with leadership? Could you arbitrarily take command over a group of people without feeling insecure? You're in high school - if you had to, could you seize the attention of an entire lunchroom of people?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Sorry, if anyone noticed the cut-off posts that I deleted...

Let's not start classifying Enneagram types based on aspects of Instinctual Variants here. Those are seperate.

In general, you seem much more like a Five to me. Perhaps you aren't comfortable with the typical passiveness of the Five archetype, but between the passive and emotionally subdued model, and the aggressive and emotionally turbulent model, you definitely seem more like the former.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    How comfortable are you with leadership? Could you arbitrarily take command over a group of people without feeling insecure? You're in high school - if you had to, could you seize the attention of an entire lunchroom of people?
    I usually do end up seizing leadership when it comes to high school projects. The reason is that most people just can't choose a damn direction. It's very annoying when your time is limited.

The worst part about leadership is that it's impossible to know if the person you tell to do something will actually do what they're told to do. I mean, if you press too hard, they'll go against you, if you don't press hard enough, they'll decide they don't have to, and there are a lot of people out there that won't do anything at all no matter how much you pressure them. So, you know, if you want to get something done right, you have to do it yourself.

Considering my lunch periods have about 834 people in them each, I suppose I'd be able to catch all of their attention -- however, the means I'd use to do it would probably get me suspended.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    So, you know, if you want to get something done right, you have to do it yourself.
    Ti primary
    Fe secondary
    Te tertiary

I find this communication scheme is often the most efficient means to provide positive leadership.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Ti primary
    Fe secondary
    Te tertiary

I find this communication scheme is often the most efficient means to provide positive leadership.
    I'll keep that in mind.

This still doesn't answer my question, though.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Sorry, if anyone noticed the cut-off posts that I deleted...

Let's not start classifying Enneagram types based on aspects of Instinctual Variants here. Those are seperate.
    I wasn't talking about instinctual variants when I mentioned head-types versus gut-types (and heart-types). I was referring to enneagram's three centers of intelligence. [567=thinking, 891=body, 234=heart]. Clearly this is different from being a self-preserving, sexual, or social personality variant.
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by dnivera View Post
    I wasn't talking about instinctual variants when I mentioned head-types versus gut-types (and heart-types). I was referring to enneagram's three centers of intelligence. [567=thinking, 891=body, 234=heart]. Clearly this is different from being a self-preserving, sexual, or social personality variant.
    I wasn't talking about that.
    I was refering to the implications that Eights are inately more social and Fives. I don't believe you were part of it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I wasn't talking about that.
    I was refering to the implications that Eights are inately more social and Fives. I don't believe you were part of it.
    Hmm...

What are the implications of treating objectives and people differently? I don't like mixing people with my objectives, usually...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, most of the other posters have covered the basic perspectives. I can only add that based on taking into account your stacking SX/SP, your hobbies, and the types you've tested as, you are most likely either a 5w4, or an 8w9. This would theoretically depend on whether you were integrating, or disintegrating at present.

Your emphasis seems less on analysis and comprehenision vs. getting things accomplished, for what it's worth. I wouldn't have thought you seemed ruthless/power-seeking enough to be an 8, but the 9 wing could explain why.

There is something a little off of this, since you don't really seem as much like an SX type 8 according to some descriptions, but again the 9 wing might balance that out.

So, I'd say that 8w9 is my current guess, with 5w4 as a reserve guess.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, most of the other posters have covered the basic perspectives. I can only add that based on taking into account your stacking SX/SP, your hobbies, and the types you've tested as, you are most likely either a 5w4, or an 8w9. This would theoretically depend on whether you were integrating, or disintegrating at present.

Your emphasis seems less on analysis and comprehenision vs. getting things accomplished, for what it's worth. I wouldn't have thought you seemed ruthless/power-seeking enough to be an 8, but the 9 wing could explain why.

There is something a little off of this, since you don't really seem as much like an SX type 8 according to some descriptions, but again the 9 wing might balance that out.

So, I'd say that 8w9 is my current guess, with 5w4 as a reserve guess.
    Very interesting.

The thing that's causing the most problems here would be is the deciding factor comprehension versus control, or something else?

If it's comprehension versus control, I'm definitely an 8. However, I'm very low-energy and intensely private (which both seem to be correlated with 5, but then again, that could be introversion.), somewhat artistically inclined (4?), and my controlling nature doesn't extend too much to people.