• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is there anything beyond infinity? You tell me! ;)

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only thing I can say is the long textwall rules out ExxP.
&
Our strength is breadth, not depth...

Hmm you guessed ExxP for me.

When analysing, thinking, I actually have depth as a strength a looot more than breadth. I will happily look at something in depth, keep analysing it in depth, instead of moving on to something else.

Also I'm perfectly capable of writing a long wall of text if I'm trying to look at something in depth. Though it depends; at university when writing papers to hand in, I was never the type to put in much irrelevant shit. I stayed concise and relevant and on topic, no extra bullshit added. But that's because logic is involved then and that logic naturally strips the irrelevant details out. When I'm writing about something in a long winded way, it's more a descriptive writing than a logical reasoning.

When I just go around (not thinking), I got an embarrassingly broad perception though.

badger055

Permabanned
[MENTION=21198]infinity-[/MENTION]

Oh damn a possible ISTP 7w8? You have my attention.

Instinctual/gut-based decision making, based on pros & cons and obviously based on how I feel instinctively.

I was usually perceived as too forceful/rude/inconsiderate/blahblah even though I didn't usually have bad intentions.

If you are making decisions on gut and you are being seen as too forceful then you are probably an 8 but I need more information.

How do you see life? Is life just a big joke or game to you? Or is it something serious? How important is freedom to you? How concerned are you with protecting yourself from threats? Is power something you care about a lot? How important is image to you? How important is achieving things to you? If you achieve things what is the reason for you achieving things? What is driving that? Do you want to be something great or do you want to achieve something great? How important is the approval of others to you? If you played a video game would you rather have the character who had more power or more speed? Do you see yourself as a protector? Do you put up a strong front but are actually soft inside? How big is your ego? Name your favourite movie or a movie that speaks to you the most.

Everything else looks ISTP from what I can tell. Instincts are probably sx/sp. Not sure about tritype yet.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=21198]infinity-[/MENTION]

Oh damn a possible ISTP 7w8? You have my attention.

Hahah hey there :)

If you are making decisions on gut and you are being seen as too forceful then you are probably an 8 but I need more information.

That and my reaction to stress.

How do you see life? Is life just a big joke or game to you? Or is it something serious?

I take it seriously in the sense that whatever I want I really want. I don't get people who just see it as a big joke or whatever.

How important is freedom to you?

Freedom is a given, I don't give it much thought.

How concerned are you with protecting yourself from threats?

What kind of threats? Sp-ish physical stuff? I'm actually pretty good at denying the possibility of danger where other people would more easily see danger. I'm not stupid though, I'm not going to risk my life for real.

I also have this thing about not wanting to be emotionally vulnerable and that gets in the way for relationships etc.

I think it also gets in the way in a social sense that I readily react when someone angers me. I don't feel on a conscious level that they're a real threat, I don't stop to think/focus on that, I just act.

Is power something you care about a lot?

If power is interpreted as having the will, energy, force and ability to do whatever I want, get what I want, and not give up, yes I care about that a lot. If power means having the material resources to have control over things, I like that too but I'm not always working towards that sort of stuff. I'm not terribly into the social arena so social influence is less my thing, however if others have that kind of influence, I'm not going to submit to them.

How important is image to you?

Social image? Nah.

How important is achieving things to you? If you achieve things what is the reason for you achieving things?

If I want something, I'll get it by whatever means, total tunnel vision, so achieving in that sense is pretty important yeah.

If you were asking if I have ambitions, yes I do have some but it's not on my mind all day. I do have to have them though. It gives a sense of having something to go for beyond just the immediate things.

What is driving that? Do you want to be something great or do you want to achieve something great?

In terms of my ambitions, the latter.

How important is the approval of others to you?

Not really on my radar..

If you played a video game would you rather have the character who had more power or more speed?

I see the two as connected often. Also depends on the specific game, which strategy is best.

Do you see yourself as a protector?

Not really the first word I'd use to describe myself... I'm more an independent loner. I'm there though to support my friends if they need it. I'm not always terribly responsible but I take this seriously as long as I see they really need it.

Also I'll stand up for random people at times when I get angry over perceived unfair treatment of them. Usually in a social sense.

Do you put up a strong front but are actually soft inside?

I'm not really aware of how I come off to others and I certainly don't try to put on whatever front. I don't really show my insides though. I'll fight much more readily than show what I feel inside.

How big is your ego?

Comfortably big for me :p

I dislike the idea of grandiose fantasies though, that's just not realistic. It's more like this, I have confidence and I'll take what I want without having to justify it. If I can't get it, I rage. I'm not familiar with feelings of inferiority either.

Name your favourite movie or a movie that speaks to you the most.

I don't have an actual favourite No 1 movie. Movies that affected me most strongly involve elements of cruelty and certain emotionality at the same time. Gloomy and also stirring/upsetting stuff.

Everything else looks ISTP from what I can tell. Instincts are probably sx/sp. Not sure about tritype yet.

Do you relate to liking being stimulated? Is that aux Se?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
&

Hmm you guessed ExxP for me.

When analysing, thinking, I actually have depth as a strength a looot more than breadth. I will happily look at something in depth, keep analysing it in depth, instead of moving on to something else.

Also I'm perfectly capable of writing a long wall of text if I'm trying to look at something in depth. Though it depends; at university when writing papers to hand in, I was never the type to put in much irrelevant shit. I stayed concise and relevant and on topic, no extra bullshit added. But that's because logic is involved then and that logic naturally strips the irrelevant details out. When I'm writing about something in a long winded way, it's more a descriptive writing than a logical reasoning.

When I just go around (not thinking), I got an embarrassingly broad perception though.

As badger mentioned ISTP is a good option. Your second sentence sounds very Ti to me. They like to analyze a topic in depth.
Answer that question: When I'm alone for some days I feel like: a) shit, b) I didn't notice.

badger055

Permabanned
Hahah hey there :)

That and my reaction to stress.

I take it seriously in the sense that whatever I want I really want. I don't get people who just see it as a big joke or whatever.

Freedom is a given, I don't give it much thought.

What kind of threats? Sp-ish physical stuff? I'm actually pretty good at denying the possibility of danger where other people would more easily see danger. I'm not stupid though, I'm not going to risk my life for real.

I also have this thing about not wanting to be emotionally vulnerable and that gets in the way for relationships etc.

If power is interpreted as having the will, energy, force and ability to do whatever I want, get what I want, and not give up, yes I care about that a lot. If power means having the material resources to have control over things, I like that too but I'm not always working towards that sort of stuff. I'm not terribly into the social arena so social influence is less my thing, however if others have that kind of influence, I'm not going to submit to them.

Social image? Nah.

If I want something, I'll get it by whatever means, total tunnel vision, so achieving in that sense is pretty important yeah.

If you were asking if I have ambitions, yes I do have some but it's not on my mind all day. I do have to have them though. It gives a sense of having something to go for beyond just the immediate things.

In terms of my ambitions, the latter.

Not really on my radar..

I see the two as connected often. Also depends on the specific game, which strategy is best.

Not really the first word I'd use to describe myself... I'm more an independent loner. I'm there though to support my friends if they need it. I'm not always terribly responsible but I take this seriously as long as I see they really need it.

Also I'll stand up for random people at times when I get angry over perceived unfair treatment of them. Usually in a social sense.

I'm not really aware of how I come off to others and I certainly don't try to put on whatever front. I don't really show my insides though. I'll fight much more readily than show what I feel inside.

Comfortably big for me :p

I dislike the idea of grandiose fantasies though, that's just not realistic. It's more like this, I have confidence and I'll take what I want without having to justify it. If I can't get it, I rage. I'm not familiar with feelings of inferiority either.

I don't have an actual favourite No 1 movie. Movies that affected me most strongly involve elements of cruelty and certain emotionality at the same time. Gloomy and also stirring/upsetting stuff.

Do you relate to liking being stimulated? Is that aux Se?

Ok I would go with ISTP 8w7 7w8 3w4 sx/sp.

I like being stimulated but the emphasis is not so much on Se. It's more on the Ti. I get stimulated by stuff like ideas, tactics, games, future plans, analyzing, crazy situations. My thinking can be quite fast paced and jump from idea to idea. I like the Se stuff too but not stuff like parties. More outdoor stuff like snowboarding.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As badger mentioned ISTP is a good option. Your second sentence sounds very Ti to me. They like to analyze a topic in depth.
Answer that question: When I'm alone for some days I feel like: a) shit, b) I didn't notice.

I don't really notice... I certainly don't feel total shit and I'm really used to being alone but it feels a bit low energy going without interaction with people for long. Interaction is stimulating, it increases energy level and that's really cool by me. That's typical of aux Se? I understand an INxx wouldn't care about having such stimulation from the outside world, are introverted SP's different with that?

Btw did you see my reply to the Fe/Fi question? What was that, typical inf Fe?

Ok I would go with ISTP 8w7 7w8 3w4 sx/sp.

I like being stimulated but the emphasis is not so much on Se. It's more on the Ti. I get stimulated by stuff like ideas, tactics, games, future plans, analyzing, crazy situations. My thinking can be quite fast paced and jump from idea to idea. I like the Se stuff too but not stuff like parties. More outdoor stuff like snowboarding.

Ahh interesting. I get the feeling you have a more "active mind" than me then. I think fast myself no problem when on the move but when I say stimulation I primarily mean tangible interaction, without thinking, or just thinking on the move. I especially like to use my expertise in these situations, that makes it even more enjoyable. It can also be me helping someone else by explaining stuff I understand very well, that does involve thinking more. Secondarily, I do get a lovely high from getting a good logical analysis put together or from sudden insights but I usually don't try to do this purely for mental stimulation like you do, I mainly like the feeling of intellectual power and the results, e.g. answer to a problem I'm trying to solve. I also like to use "Ti stuff" for fights, instead of a truly mental purpose. I do appreciate the beauty of pure logic though. Overall, when there's nothing going on in the environment that takes my attention - and as I said I can get pretty picky about that - I either tune out or maybe start reading something or I get inside my mind and then I suppose the mental activity is just to pass the time somehow, unless I have something really interesting to analyse, then I'll be truly absorbed in it. If not, then it's more on-off for me than what you make it sound like in your own case.

Are these differences due to enneagram then?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I don't really notice... I certainly don't feel total shit and I'm really used to being alone but it feels a bit low energy going without interaction with people for long. Interaction is stimulating, it increases energy level and that's really cool by me. That's typical of aux Se? I understand an INxx wouldn't care about having such stimulation from the outside world, are introverted SP's different with that?

Stimulation from interaction is generally seen as a sign of extraversion but if you really can be alone (I mean completely alone) for days without noticing it, you're likely an introvert. Se is probably the most extraverted function so it would be no surprise if you have some extravert characteristics. E7 would make you seem even more extraverted. I'm going with ISTP 7w8 for you.

badger055

Permabanned
Ahh interesting. I get the feeling you have a more "active mind" than me then. I think fast myself no problem when on the move

Yes you do things with gut instinct mostly so you don't really need to actively think and my mind is racing wants to be kept busy all the time with something. I had to learn to make decisions with gut instinct more.

but when I say stimulation I primarily mean tangible interaction, without thinking, or just thinking on the move.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean but yes I think better while on the move and I get stimulated by interaction in the real world (although I'm really picky about what kind). I have a thing for going fast so I get stimulated by that.

I especially like to use my expertise in these situations, that makes it even more enjoyable. It can also be me helping someone else by explaining stuff I understand very well, that does involve thinking more. Secondarily, I do get a lovely high from getting a good logical analysis put together or from sudden insights but I usually don't try to do this purely for mental stimulation like you do,

I wouldn't say that's entirely true you make me sound like an ENTP. There is usually a purpose for why I am dealing with all this information or else what's the point. It needs to be applicable in the real world. It's like I'm arming myself for a war and all my knowledge and tactics become my weapons.

Sometimes I will stimulate myself with random information but that's more to keep my mind distracted and busy. If there is nothing going on in my environment that's when the 7 anxiety catches up and it's like WHY ISN'T THERE ANYTHING FUN HAPPENING WHAT THE FUCK MAN LIFE IS WORTHLESS. 7s are always trying to outrun this anxiety so we have to do stuff like escape into a promising future.

I mainly like the feeling of intellectual power and the results, e.g. answer to a problem I'm trying to solve.

Haha you are definitely an 8. I don't really get a feeling of power. I'm probably thinking "yes I got another tactical advantage" or "that was fun".

I also like to use "Ti stuff" for fights, instead of a truly mental purpose. I do appreciate the beauty of pure logic though. Overall, when there's nothing going on in the environment that takes my attention - and as I said I can get pretty picky about that - I either tune out or maybe start reading something or I get inside my mind and then I suppose the mental activity is just to pass the time somehow, unless I have something really interesting to analyse, then I'll be truly absorbed in it. If not, then it's more on-off for me than what you make it sound like in your own case.

Are these differences due to enneagram then?

Yea our differences are due to enneagram. We are alike in a lot of ways. We are both entrepreneurial. Although you want to achieve things that are seen as good by society's standards (3w4) and I'm looking to achieve something more authentic and unique (4w3). I have bad rage problems too but it sounds like yours pops up a lot more. We both have the 'if you want something just take it' mentality. Both get tunnel vision for getting something we want. Both see life as a sort of war but I primarily see it as a big joke or a game to be beaten (7s are good at just not caring). Both have big egos but mine is way bigger and I tend toward the grandiose. I'm a lot more concerned with being entertained and not being bored.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stimulation from interaction is generally seen as a sign of extraversion but if you really can be alone (I mean completely alone) for days without noticing it, you're likely an introvert. Se is probably the most extraverted function so it would be no surprise if you have some extravert characteristics. E7 would make you seem even more extraverted. I'm going with ISTP 7w8 for you.

I don't notice it because my default is being a loner, outsider, set apart from others. I do still like a certain extra energy from interaction with people. It's real strong intense involvement and I think unconsciously I feel a lack of it when alone. But that's about it, I don't notice on a conscious level much, it's pretty natural being / going alone.

OK so that sounds like the defining essence of the introversion/extraversion preference is to do with the attitude to people when going by the MBTI definitions. In that sense, I can take the idea of being an introvert just fine. I'm definitely not like the typical extravert always running around and wanting to talk to people all the time and being an active part of all that shit.

There is another general distinction of I vs E that [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] implied before, which is about sensitivity to stimuli as related to default activity level in the brain and I don't think I'm a classic introvert in that sense. I'm not oversensitive to stimuli, quite the opposite, I'm pretty ready to respond to things right away if something comes up; and activity level in my brain is not high without outside interaction with the world (not necessarily people).

Btw [MENTION=15318]Nights and Days[/MENTION] you didn't reply yet - I asked if it makes sense to you what I said about "partial devaluing and filtering of the surroundings"; does a typical extravert do that? When I read about ESxP's paying so much conscious attention to everything in their surroundings, I don't relate to that.

As for the enneagram - back to answering Stephano here -, what is it exactly that makes you think of 7 core over 8? The self-indulgence? I'd like to get this analysed more.

Yes you do things with gut instinct mostly so you don't really need to actively think and my mind is racing wants to be kept busy all the time with something. I had to learn to make decisions with gut instinct more.

Yeah that's what I meant. This "racing mind" stuff to me sounds like a really unsubstantial and unsatisfying thing. It's like... a too "light" kind of stimulation.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean but yes I think better while on the move and I get stimulated by interaction in the real world (although I'm really picky about what kind). I have a thing for going fast so I get stimulated by that.

What I exactly meant was I prefer acting without having to stop to think and consider stuff. Instead it's integrated in the action.

The pickiness is an ISTP thing eh? Going fast is good btw yeah. I wonder if we perceive speed the same way :p.

I wouldn't say that's entirely true you make me sound like an ENTP. There is usually a purpose for why I am dealing with all this information or else what's the point. It needs to be applicable in the real world. It's like I'm arming myself for a war and all my knowledge and tactics become my weapons.

Haha 7 is pretty Ne-ish so don't be surprised :p

But yeah I'm not saying that 7 is Ne.

Sometimes I will stimulate myself with random information but that's more to keep my mind distracted and busy.

That to me sounds too scattered. I prefer a strong focus. And again, sounds too "light".

If there is nothing going on in my environment that's when the 7 anxiety catches up and it's like WHY ISN'T THERE ANYTHING FUN HAPPENING WHAT THE FUCK MAN LIFE IS WORTHLESS. 7s are always trying to outrun this anxiety so we have to do stuff like escape into a promising future.

I see. I don't get anxious much when nothing is going on. A bit bored or feeling less alive, sure. But that's about it. I do prefer activity over inactivity but not like you describe.

In general do you forget about anxiety by simply focusing on whatever fun stuff? I don't think I work like that, denial works much better for me. Sometimes I do use rationalization too, and that's 7-ish, but I don't use distraction in this fashion. Especially not, if I have some problem that I'm upset about. Me feeling upset or angry is not going to go away by just trying to involve myself with something fun. Doing away with the problem is what works. If it can't be done immediately then a plan of action to fix it also works. But until I have that, I'm going to stay irritated, upset or angry or raging... nice scale of emotional intensity haha.

The same with the escaping to promising future. I don't do that much, it wouldn't feel satisfying like actual reality is. It's just not real, not grounded... I think that's the best word for it. In your case, you being an Se type too, how can you be future oriented like a 7? I'm not sure I understand that.

Haha you are definitely an 8. I don't really get a feeling of power. I'm probably thinking "yes I got another tactical advantage" or "that was fun".

Yeah ok 8 and with line to 5, maybe :) I believe it's 5's who value intellectual power a lot.

Yea our differences are due to enneagram. We are alike in a lot of ways. We are both entrepreneurial. Although you want to achieve things that are seen as good by society's standards (3w4) and I'm looking to achieve something more authentic and unique (4w3). I have bad rage problems too but it sounds like yours pops up a lot more. We both have the 'if you want something just take it' mentality. Both get tunnel vision for getting something we want. Both see life as a sort of war but I primarily see it as a big joke or a game to be beaten (7s are good at just not caring). Both have big egos but mine is way bigger and I tend toward the grandiose. I'm a lot more concerned with being entertained and not being bored.

Oh yeah wait where did you see 3w4 exactly? Explain that a bit more? I agree with the rest of your description/comparison.

The war thing for you, that's because you got a 8 wing? 7 by default doesn't see life that way, right?

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
As for the enneagram - back to answering Stephano here -, what is it exactly that makes you think of 7 core over 8? The self-indulgence? I'd like to get this analysed more.

Not really the self-indulgence. You responded some time ago that you also procrastinate certain things, which is common for perceivers. However, my impression was that you saw it as something "positive" in terms of you don't mind it really. I think especially type 3 and 8 would want to work on it rather than accept it as a personal trait. It's just my view, it's not that is has anything to do with the "official" mbti.
My tip: Leave out all the extravert bias parts in E7 descriptions and tell me if you see yourself having those traits.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not really the self-indulgence. You responded some time ago that you also procrastinate certain things, which is common for perceivers. However, my impression was that you saw it as something "positive" in terms of you don't mind it really. I think especially type 3 and 8 would want to work on it rather than accept it as a personal trait. It's just my view, it's not that is has anything to do with the "official" mbti.

Why was that your impression? I actually hate the procrastination, I did mention I would like more self-control: "I want less procrastination, I would like to be able to control certain impulses more at will". The desire for certain things however acts against the desire to control impulses. A never-ending fight in this way. Otoh I'm not big on self-criticism so I don't hate myself for it even though I don't happily accept this issue. Did you mean this lack of being hard on myself by positivity?

My tip: Leave out all the extravert bias parts in E7 descriptions and tell me if you see yourself having those traits.

Not sure which traits you mean. Let me know.

For a start, I took the traits from the enneagraminstitute description;

Extrovert - well, ambivert more, but you know that already
Optimistic - In a sense of having confidence for doing things, yes I'm optimistic. I don't really justify the confidence, it just "is". Though I don't expect things to automatically turn out good, I have to take care of it myself. I don't believe in luck :/
Versatile - In a sense yes. I'm good at acquiring skills but only focus on one thing over a time period.
Spontaneous - Well, not quite always. Sometimes I am and sometimes not.
Playful - If I'm in a mood for it then I am playful.
High-spirited - Same.
Practical - Yeah
Overextended - no, I focus on one thing at a time.
Scattered - no, same answer
Undisciplined - half of the time, yes very much. The other half of the time I got control.
Impatience - yes!
Impulsiveness - Yeah

badger055

Permabanned
Yeah that's what I meant. This "racing mind" stuff to me sounds like a really unsubstantial and unsatisfying thing. It's like... a too "light" kind of stimulation.

Yes there is an ESTP on here with the same tritype as you. He talks about how he likes intense things and intense experiences like climbing a mountain. It's similar to a 7 but more intense. I like intense things too but it's not a requirement.

What I exactly meant was I prefer acting without having to stop to think and consider stuff. Instead it's integrated in the action.

Ah I see. It's more fun doing it that way but I'm a head type so it's not really natural to rely on my instincts that much. That looks ballsy to me.

The pickiness is an ISTP thing eh? Going fast is good btw yeah. I wonder if we perceive speed the same way :p.

The pickiness we owe to sx/sp. Things are either part of us or they are not. Very off or on. Social instinct has all the tolerance and we have none of that haha.

I don't know how do you perceive speed? I see my natural state as being in some kind of flow state. I would probably think my best and be the most calm flying a fighter jet a few feet off the ground. Oh right I also have a thing for chaos so that's part of it (784 thing). If I play a game I'm always the fastest character because nobody can compete with me on speed and reaction times. My favourite attributes are speed and then secondly power shots.

I see. I don't get anxious much when nothing is going on. A bit bored or feeling less alive, sure. But that's about it. I do prefer activity over inactivity but not like you describe.

In general do you forget about anxiety by simply focusing on whatever fun stuff?

Yes but I know I'm bullshitting myself. The only thing that I feel like is strong enough to make it really go away is a promising future where I fulfil my purpose. A place where I will finally be able to do what I have always belonged doing.

edit: Just realized you said by focusing and not actually doing. Sort of yes but it should be already gone once I have the plan in place. I don't really need to think about it too much the positive feeling will already be there. I still need to entertain myself with other stuff though.

I don't think I work like that, denial works much better for me. Sometimes I do use rationalization too, and that's 7-ish, but I don't use distraction in this fashion. Especially not, if I have some problem that I'm upset about. Me feeling upset or angry is not going to go away by just trying to involve myself with something fun. Doing away with the problem is what works. If it can't be done immediately then a plan of action to fix it also works. But until I have that, I'm going to stay irritated, upset or angry or raging... nice scale of emotional intensity haha.

Yea 8s use denial as their defense mechanism. The 7 defense mechanism is saying "I don't care".

"Psychological defenses: Eights use the defense mechanism of denial to avoid vulnerability and maintain a self-image of being "strong." (Denial is a kind of forceful re-directing of attention and feeling based on willfulness and control."
http://www.enneagramwork.com/type_8_protector.html

The same with the escaping to promising future. I don't do that much, it wouldn't feel satisfying like actual reality is. It's just not real, not grounded... I think that's the best word for it. In your case, you being an Se type too, how can you be future oriented like a 7? I'm not sure I understand that.

I'm not sure. I guess it's kind of tough figuring the best future I want. I spend a lot of time experimenting with different stuff. It's like a puzzle to me that I need to solve. I guess it's kind of contradictory cause if I'm just going around my normal business I won't even think past my next meal. The mentality is sort of like: if right now sucks then later will be better for these reasons and that makes it ok to do what you are doing now. It's like if you were on fear factor eating all these bugs but that's ok because you are going to get 50 thousand dollars at the end.

Yeah ok 8 and with line to 5, maybe :) I believe it's 5's who value intellectual power a lot.

That's more your Ti being combined with your 8. I know of an ENTJ 8 with a similar thing. She said knowing more than other people was the source of her power.

Oh yeah wait where did you see 3w4 exactly? Explain that a bit more? I agree with the rest of your description/comparison.

Well you could be a 4w3 fix but I was seeing a lot more 3w4 stuff. When you said you wanted your own jet and a private island that's typical 3 stuff. I kind of relate to that and I will get confused sometimes and think I want that typical 3 stuff but I find out the hard way later that I see that as inauthentic and not being true to myself.

You also seem like the typical 873 tritype which is called the mover and shaker and are almost always entrepeneurs. You said you would rather achieve something great than be something great which is more indicative of 3. You have trouble showing your emotions I'm guessing because you want people to see your 3 image and not your 4 but that could just be an 8 thing with not wanting to be vulnerable. 4s don't usually have trouble with being self revealing but I don't know I hate using my emotions too. If you were a 4w3 fix you would probably be more grandiose.

The war thing for you, that's because you got a 8 wing? 7 by default doesn't see life that way, right?

Yea 7 is not typically like that. 7 is usually head in the clouds stuck in positivity land. It's different for ISTPs a typical ISTP 7w8 would be a rockstar probably. It's cause of my inferior Fe and all my 8 influence and my 4 fix makes it so I'm not scared of negative things. I still have a positive outlook but that's mostly only for myself. Inferior Fe with 7w8 is like "your destruction is my entertainment".

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes there is an ESTP on here with the same tritype as you. He talks about how he likes intense things and intense experiences like climbing a mountain. It's similar to a 7 but more intense. I like intense things too but it's not a requirement.

Oh climbing a mountain is good. Btw it's a good example too, the intensity often does come from physical exertion. Either that, or just intense and exclusively focused interest. That's what some people see as me coming on too strong even when I'm not actually attacking anyone.

The pickiness we owe to sx/sp. Things are either part of us or they are not. Very off or on. Social instinct has all the tolerance and we have none of that haha.

Ah, heh, ok.

I don't know how do you perceive speed? I see my natural state as being in some kind of flow state. I would probably think my best and be the most calm flying a fighter jet a few feet off the ground. Oh right I also have a thing for chaos so that's part of it (784 thing). If I play a game I'm always the fastest character because nobody can compete with me on speed and reaction times. My favourite attributes are speed and then secondly power shots.

Yes I'm familiar with the flow state :) Flow is about concentration, attention being all "there", no wandering, acting from instinct and implicit/automatic knowledge, with the amount of challenge being just at the right level. You can just about meet the challenge without it being boringly easy.

Going fast gives a feeling of intensity and it's just great. You have to put in force to get up to speed.

Yes but I know I'm bullshitting myself. The only thing that I feel like is strong enough to make it really go away is a promising future where I fulfil my purpose. A place where I will finally be able to do what I have always belonged doing.

I do relate to the hope that there is always a chance in future to achieve what you want.

Yea 8s use denial as their defense mechanism. The 7 defense mechanism is saying "I don't care".

Elaborate on the "don't care" thing? Is a 7 willing to easily let go of things? Don't they really want things?

I'm not sure. I guess it's kind of tough figuring the best future I want. I spend a lot of time experimenting with different stuff. It's like a puzzle to me that I need to solve. I guess it's kind of contradictory cause if I'm just going around my normal business I won't even think past my next meal. The mentality is sort of like: if right now sucks then later will be better for these reasons and that makes it ok to do what you are doing now. It's like if you were on fear factor eating all these bugs but that's ok because you are going to get 50 thousand dollars at the end.

Hmm well I like having goals myself but it doesn't really come from such experimentation.

Hey I'll take the 50 thousand dollars :p

Well you could be a 4w3 fix but I was seeing a lot more 3w4 stuff. When you said you wanted your own jet and a private island that's typical 3 stuff. I kind of relate to that and I will get confused sometimes and think I want that typical 3 stuff but I find out the hard way later that I see that as inauthentic and not being true to myself.

Lol that stuff is not because of the social standards you referred to. I just liked the idea of having an island to myself, actually owning it. I would have only the things on there that I wanted. And the jet, it's again about owning it, and it'd take me to places fast, wherever I wanted. Tbh though, I don't think about this sort of stuff often, I'm really really no daydreamer. If I actually have the money for it then sure I'll think about it more.

You also seem like the typical 873 tritype which is called the mover and shaker and are almost always entrepeneurs. You said you would rather achieve something great than be something great which is more indicative of 3. You have trouble showing your emotions I'm guessing because you want people to see your 3 image and not your 4 but that could just be an 8 thing with not wanting to be vulnerable. 4s don't usually have trouble with being self revealing but I don't know I hate using my emotions too. If you were a 4w3 fix you would probably be more grandiose.

Yeah the "being something great" part, I didn't pick that because I don't really think about identity questions. I suppose a 4 does that a lot. This personality typing for me is also not easy because of that.

As for not revealing myself, I don't see it connected to 3 because I don't try to project an image instead. So yeah more like 8.

Yea 7 is not typically like that. 7 is usually head in the clouds stuck in positivity land. It's different for ISTPs a typical ISTP 7w8 would be a rockstar probably. It's cause of my inferior Fe and all my 8 influence and my 4 fix makes it so I'm not scared of negative things. I still have a positive outlook but that's mostly only for myself. Inferior Fe with 7w8 is like "your destruction is my entertainment".

Lol you're suck a dark 7 :p

I'm not scared of negative things either but I don't have any obsession of focusing on them. I'm actually fairly positive except that I don't take luck for granted and I tend to see the glass as half empty. I just believe in being alive and I have the confidence that I can do things, now and in future too. And the common cognitive bias as well, along the lines of "nothing truly bad can happen to me". Which is ironic because some truly bad thing already happened to me in life. And then I think I do have a 7-ish rationalization for that: "it happened once so it can't happen again". It's a somewhat cynical rationalization at the same time, heh. If that makes sense.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That site you linked to is pretty interesting about "Somatic patterns".

It says about 8 that "Their armor shows up as tension or density more or less evenly distributed around the body". That's totally me, it's scarily accurate, ha-ha.

It says about 7 that they're flexible and loose, are you like that [MENTION=16476]badger055[/MENTION]? It says "They are often quite loose and flexible physically. Instead of muscular tension, their challenge is "being in" their bodies and becoming grounded."

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Glanced at it and skimmed it some, xSFP form what I can gather. I'm inclined to put forward ISFP, especially with your precision of information and terse wording that might be indicative of Ji leading. Evidence for Se valuing is rife.

Could be xSTP?

I'll have to read closer later.

I'm still curious to hear why you saw Fi > Ti.

Did I seem like an F type?

Not trying to say I'm averse to the idea, heh. Just want to understand why you wrote that.

Alea_iacta_est

I'm still curious to hear why you saw Fi > Ti.

Did I seem like an F type?

Not trying to say I'm averse to the idea, heh. Just want to understand why you wrote that.

Mostly due to the ambiguity complemented by the terseness of the information you have provided, in which case Fi would be a reasonable explanation.

However, I was rather torn whether or not you were a Ti or Fi type, and the reasoning above showcases the entire basis of my initial typing. With the presence of more information and openness, it might be more discernible.

When I initially reviewed your questionnaire, my first instinct was Ti, but I became skeptical of my instinct.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mostly due to the ambiguity complemented by the terseness of the information you have provided, in which case Fi would be a reasonable explanation.

However, I was rather torn whether or not you were a Ti or Fi type, and the reasoning above showcases the entire basis of my initial typing. With the presence of more information and openness, it might be more discernible.

When I initially reviewed your questionnaire, my first instinct was Ti, but I became skeptical of my instinct.

Which reasoning?

Apparently my inferior Fe is quite obvious but I'd like to hear about how you generally make a difference between Ti and Fi.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The little scrap above that, that your lack of fleshed out information could be directed at Fi-valuing. (Which could be easily as true of an Fe inferior)

Yeah so how do you make a difference between the two?

Alea_iacta_est

Yeah so how do you make a difference between the two?

The difference would be that the Fi lead would conceal information yet be comfortable with it.

The Fe inferior would be either too lacking in self-awareness or find too much detailed information about themselves to be uncomforting to release.

Then of course, there is the natural tendency that we all have to suspicion and privacy with information, though one would be less suspecting of this on a personality type forum that is characterized by anonymity.

For another point, I need to learn to trust my instinct more (development of inf. Se, for me), so I say with clarity now that you are most likely Ti-valuing and that Ti is either your dominant or auxiliary function. I'm inclined to put forth ISTP.