ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    You should try to answer some questions of this nature:

1) What is your biggest goal in life?
    Live a long good life fully alive, never giving up on things I want.

2) What do you feel you tend to understand better than others do?
    What a thing really means, e.g. concepts in systems.

The role of the mind and thus psychology in interpreting the world. By psychology I don't mean the touchy-feely kind of it, I mean the technical flavours of it (e.g. cognitive stuff and such).

3) What do you feel others tend to understand better than you do?
    People's psychology of the touchy-feely kind, haha. Psychology of personality, yeah I know it's funny I'm on this site :P

4) What kind(s) of people make you most comfortable? Why?
    Nonjudgmental, open, welcoming people. People with whom you can talk about anything. People who are active, engaging in interaction.

5) What kind(s) of people make you most uncomfortable? Why?
    People who criticize behaviour and stuff from a social viewpoint. I also don't really like it if someone's very reserved and unresponsive even if I poke them e.g. extremely autistic people. Pushovers are a bit annoying too, though that's not the same as being uncomfortable.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    Is that 7 optimism now? :P
    Na just more 7 don't give a fuckness.

I like good movies too, when I watch a really good one in a cinema (not just at home sitting at the PC/laptop, that's different), for a few minutes afterwards I feel like I'm living a movie myself. But I think you're probably more dramatic than me or more often. I'm sometimes in that kind of mood but not that often, I can't say it defines me terribly much. For some reason I wouldn't mind if it did have more influence in my life Always liked that about type 4. I think it's the intensity of the emotions that I like. Do you care about that?
    Yea I actually feel like I'm in the movie too. Interesting that your 4 doesn't come up much with you. I guess it's different with being a core 8 like it mutes it more. I don't know if I would say intensity of emotions. I like intense situations that make me feel intense things. I have a thing for dramatic dark landscapes that I attribute to my 4. I like things that up the drama. Like how can we make this situation even more crazy than it is? For example I saw the movie non-stop and at the end the plane goes down from an explosion and one of the pilots has to try and land this thing and he's all like "I got this". That kind of stuff gives me chills cause he has all the lives on the plane riding on him. Then they up the drama even more as the plane crash lands it rips part of the fuselage off and some of them almost get sucked out. That's the kind of crazy stuff I like that's why I want to do something in the entertainment industry.

That's a head type thingie right? That mental negotiating stuff.
    Yea I guess I can negotiate with myself like another person sometimes.

The "repulsive reaction" was to that stereotypical 3 attitude in general, but yeah I see what you mean :P

No I didn't really understand what "messenger" is supposed to mean. Truth of things? Well depends what kind of things. It's usually technical impersonal stuff that I like to state truths about. Not about people stuff. Well unless it's about the mind's workings but that's in an impersonal fashion again. But yes I can really become a sort of truth teller with that. So what's this messenger thing? Does this sort of truth telling fit in with that?
    I'm not sure for me it's like the truth of many things I guess cause I'm a scattered 7. But I guess for you it's probably more like you have one message you want to get out there. Like something you want to share with people or want them to know about. I don't know it's kind of vague.

Lol you're really a 7 I see
    haha yea I hate the feeling of stuff weighing me down

Armor, heh, sure, in terms of muscle tension, being ready to go at and also against things. The site also mentions "high level of bioenergetic charge in body", I think that's related a bit.

What does the gym do for you? You feel more physical after a workout?
    Yea I guess it gets me in more touch with my 8 and my body and reality more. I feel more powerful and it refreshes me. Kind of like slaps me silly and it gets me out of my head and into the moment. If I don't work out for too long I start to feel groggy and my mind feels foggy.

By the way you should check out this site it has some good descriptions. They knew the way 7s think that I haven't seen anywhere else. They knew 7s think with snap architecture. http://enneasite.com/the-types/e8-the-paladin/

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by badger055 View Post
    Yea I actually feel like I'm in the movie too. Interesting that your 4 doesn't come up much with you. I guess it's different with being a core 8 like it mutes it more. I don't know if I would say intensity of emotions. I like intense situations that make me feel intense things. I have a thing for dramatic dark landscapes that I attribute to my 4. I like things that up the drama. Like how can we make this situation even more crazy than it is? For example I saw the movie non-stop and at the end the plane goes down from an explosion and one of the pilots has to try and land this thing and he's all like "I got this". That kind of stuff gives me chills cause he has all the lives on the plane riding on him. Then they up the drama even more as the plane crash lands it rips part of the fuselage off and some of them almost get sucked out. That's the kind of crazy stuff I like that's why I want to do something in the entertainment industry.
    Heh that sort of thing is interesting yeah.

I'm not sure for me it's like the truth of many things I guess cause I'm a scattered 7. But I guess for you it's probably more like you have one message you want to get out there. Like something you want to share with people or want them to know about. I don't know it's kind of vague.
    I will have to think about that more.

By the way you should check out this site it has some good descriptions. They knew the way 7s think that I haven't seen anywhere else. They knew 7s think with snap architecture. http://enneasite.com/the-types/e8-the-paladin/
    Wow that's a fucking great description. Thanks for the link

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

A Fi-dom type would be pretty self-aware right? Or not necessarily?

I relate to Fe-inf here.

EDIT: In my next post I wrote this:

"As for knowing what I want to do, I wouldn't be able to explain to you how and why I choose something. (Weak Fi I guess.) I only have the impulse. But yes it's simple easy in that way, there's usually no question about whether I want something or not."

What do you say, does it sound like weak Fi?

Hmm you categorize trusting instinct as MBTI Se there? Overlap with enneagram, no? Also I thought Jung said instinctual "just knowing" was N?

The word "valuing" (and "lead") sounds like a socionics term, is that intentional usage?

In these four questions I've managed to mention all four systems

No worries heh. Yeah so what does a type 8 who's a P type typically look like, in terms of procrastination issues?

I can see how J and 8 mesh better together in this area.

I don't know much about the shadow functions and I prefer to not complicate it. Thanks anyway.

Ahh and that reminds me. @Mal12345 You never answered here. Got no time still?
    I have 3 days off now after 4 straight days of eat sleep work eat sleep work...

The first picture, with the broad horizon, represents intuition. The second picture, with its emphasis on details, represents sensation.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I have 3 days off now after 4 straight days of eat sleep work eat sleep work...

The first picture, with the broad horizon, represents intuition. The second picture, with its emphasis on details, represents sensation.
    Well must be fun work.

Thanks for the explanation. Broad horizon was meant literally, I didn't really associate it with any other concept... is that still intuition?

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Heh that sort of thing is interesting yeah.

I will have to think about that more.

Wow that's a fucking great description. Thanks for the link
    Here the link for type 7: http://enneasite.com/the-types/e7-the-animator/

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Glanced at it and skimmed it some, xSFP form what I can gather. I'm inclined to put forward ISFP, especially with your precision of information and terse wording that might be indicative of Ji leading. Evidence for Se valuing is rife.

Could be xSTP?

I'll have to read closer later.
    I don't recall my reasoning from 4 days ago when I first responded here. But yeah, xSTP, probably ISTP.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Yeah sure thanks I already read it :P

I related much more to 8 on that site but if you see me as 7 > 8, I'd like to hear why.

I don't recall my reasoning from 4 days ago when I first responded here. But yeah, xSTP, probably ISTP.
    Thanks for the opinion.

...I will say yes it makes sense.

In function tests I usually get these three as top functions (the order varies, as they are all pretty close scores): Ti, Te, Se.

The other functions are all definitely weaker/lower, Fi usually being the one with the lowest score.

How typical is it for ISTPs to get such scores on Te besides Ti/Se? Not that I'm worried about this too much, just curious.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Well must be fun work.

Thanks for the explanation. Broad horizon was meant literally, I didn't really associate it with any other concept... is that still intuition?
    It's a matter of pre-conceptually liking the broad horizon picture more.

I haven't verified if this part of that questionnaire actually works to determine anything about type.

I was in a hurry on a work-day and didn't put sufficient thought into my original response. So I decided not to do anything on the forum until I get a day where I have more time.

I agree with Alea as to your type.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yeah sure thanks I already read it :P

I related much more to 8 on that site but if you see me as 7 > 8, I'd like to hear why.
    You wrote, "They knew the way 7s think that I haven't seen anywhere else. They knew 7s think with snap architecture," but then you provided the link to the type 8 "Paladin" page. So I provided the link to type 7.

Thanks for the opinion.

...I will say yes it makes sense.

In function tests I usually get these three as top functions (the order varies, as they are all pretty close scores): Ti, Te, Se.

The other functions are all definitely weaker/lower, Fi usually being the one with the lowest score.

How typical is it for ISTPs to get such scores on Te besides Ti/Se? Not that I'm worried about this too much, just curious.
    I've seen a lot of function test results here but very little data is available from ISTPs. The neat thing about function tests is that they provide more information about you than the MBTI. Because of Te being so close to Ti, You are probably an ambivert with a slight lean toward introversion. This doesn't say anything about being chatty or not, and in fact some of the most extroverted people I've known were not chatty, just workaholics and self-starters.

I have an inventory that quite a few here have taken. It can help you get a better handle on what the "Ti > Te" is all about.