ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I am doubtful...
    You're thinking INFP for yourself?

I am starting to wonder if my 10 yo nephew is an ISTP... He's arrogant about his intelligence... Hates social gatherings... Seems rather instructive like a Te person rather than a Se person though... He procrastinates much about homework even though he can do it just in 20-30 minutes... He thinks I am ridiculing him when I am amused by his behavior... Gets angry when I ask him too many questions...
    Hm. I relate somewhat but I wasn't that bad myself when 10. :p

I relate to the feeling ridiculed too easily.

Where I don't totally relate, just to some degree:

I didn't hate social gatherings back then, I enjoyed most things there, I just ignored the refined social aspects. I was happily going around, doing my own thing, I sometimes readily interacted with other kids. I was usually perceived as too forceful/rude/inconsiderate/blahblah even though I didn't usually have bad intentions. However I didn't have any self-awareness or awareness of how I was being seen. When I gained some awareness that's what led me to dislike some of the social shit.

I did take it for granted that I was the smartest but I was still willing to talk to anyone, girls with low IQ etc. Though of course I saw some interactions as more quality (because of the other party being special/interesting).

I was sometimes being instructive but not that much. Just sometimes. E.g. I'm told in kindergarten I didn't speak for a long time. Then when I finally did speak, the first sentence that came out of my mouth was me telling some other kid "don't do that! not allowed". Something like that.

Yep procrastinated a bit though nowhere nearly as bad as later. I was more organized at that age, at the age of 10 I wasn't too bad yet. It didn't help though that when I came home after the very first day at school, I saw how easily and fast the homework was done. I was happily sitting down to do it then I was disappointed and thought to myself, "hey if this was all, it can be put off and done later". I was 7 years old

I never minded "too many questions". Worst that can happen is I won't answer all of them. So I don't relate to that one.

I dunno, overall I'm getting the impression that your nephew is more extreme in some T-ish things than me.

My elder brother is ISFP I guess and his wife an ESTJ...any thoughts in relation to your childhood?
    My mother is ESFJ or Se-dom playing the mother role. My father INTx. I don't think there's a general pattern readily discerned about personalities of parents vs kids. I can tell you in my case I always saw myself as a hybrid of my mother and father, with more of my mother's stuff in me when younger, some stuff from my father manifesting more later. Whatever this means

Btw did you see the post #26 about the argument on extraversion vs introversion? Not convincing for you then? (Argument for extraversion)

Quote Originally Posted by infinity- View Post
    You're thinking INFP for yourself?

Btw did you see the post #26 about the argument on extraversion vs introversion? Not convincing for you then? (Argument for extraversion)
    You tell me...

He gets really surprised that I know things that he doesn't...

I don't have any doubts about you introversion... Your Se-aux makes you extroverted from time to time I guess...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    You tell me...
    I don't know you

I don't have any doubts about you introversion... Your Se-aux makes you extroverted from time to time I guess...
    Hm okay thanks for the input

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

ExxP 7
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    ExxP 7
    Thanks for the input

Why 7?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Most of my day is lived impulsively and thus I am a hopeless procrastinator on certain things. My first thought when getting into action is definitely not organization in general. Yet I must have some organization in my day here and there at least in small doses. I have to have some immediate goals to go for. That makes me feel particularly alive. The rest of the time, I'm just totally self-indulgent without a conscience lol. Definitely gets in the way of being organized.
    Mostly this. Btw, why do you use smilies? Is it to make sure you're coming off the right way or are you generally expressive? It could indicate Fi.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

Mostly this.
    Self-indulgence I'm sure is 7 related. Is the procrastinating on certain tasks 7-ish too? Or the immediate goals/desires, to go get things?

Btw, why do you use smilies? Is it to make sure you're coming off the right way or are you generally expressive? It could indicate Fi.
    God knows why I feel like putting smilies when I do put them there. It's mood dependent. Is that Fi-ish? You say ExFP? O_o Anyway, I think - when in the mood - my use of smilies online has the goal of expressing stuff. A mood, a feeling, whatever, often a fleeting light-hearted thingie. Sort of a joking mood.. trying to affect the atmosphere? It can offend some people though when I use them as more provocative embellishments e.g. in a debate.

IRL this is different. I'm guarded by default, but even when I'm in a more sociable mood, trust me it's easier to type a smiley than actually move your mouth to smile. Anyway, in certain IRL situations I'll do smiling and it's to fit the situation socially, I suppose. It's not really about expressing my inner feelings. Yes I said above that I'm not too good at going by the social rules but sometimes I do manage for short times and this is such an example. No it's not my natural state. It's again in the territory of stuff that's not under conscious control that I already talked about. And I don't like that. I'm rarely truly naturally spontaneous with this stuff, I like that more though.

I'm sorry if this sounds complicated but this topic for me really seems complicated like this heh.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

I'm curious also what @simulatedworld would say about my type

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Self-indulgence I'm sure is 7 related. Is the procrastinating on certain tasks 7-ish too? Or the immediate goals/desires, to go get

IRL this is different. I'm guarded by default, but even when I'm in a more sociable mood, trust me it's easier to type a smiley than actually move your mouth to smile. Anyway, in certain IRL situations I'll do smiling and it's to fit the situation socially, I suppose. It's not really about expressing my inner feelings. Yes I said above that I'm not too good at going by the social rules but sometimes I do manage for short times and this is such an example. No it's not my natural state. It's again in the territory of stuff that's not under conscious control that I already talked about. And I don't like that. I'm rarely truly naturally spontaneous with this stuff, I like that more though.
    The last part sounds more like Fe, but it depends upon how often you do it. Everyone smiles from time to time although they're not feeling like it, but how would you answer that question?: Do you often feel that the emotions of your surroundings affect your mood rather than your own emotions?

Btw I'm prone to procastinate certain things. I often get things done the last minute, but somehow it always works.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    ~8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE

The last part sounds more like Fe, but it depends upon how often you do it.
    As I said it's not my natural state. So it's not "on" all the time for sure.

When it's spontaneous, the smiling, just because I feel happy, really having fun with someone, etc, it feels more natural but this isn't that often. Is that still Fe-ish or more Fi-ish?

Tbh the enneagram 7 thing, that's where it doesn't make sense. I'm not that good at joking and shit especially IRL. Sometimes I get in the mood for that but not my default.

Do you often feel that the emotions of your surroundings affect your mood rather than your own emotions?
    It's more the latter. But please note that I'm not an emotional type in general. My default isn't emotional at all.

I'm really impervious to other people's expressed emotions around me. I stay unaffected rather easily. In this sense, I'm able to control the degree to which I'm letting myself be involved with others on this emotional level. When I tried to see if I can "join in", I was still having the control over it in the background. Like a leash on a dog. Usually I don't bother to try to "join" though.

Well sometimes it happens in a really spontaneous way but again, that's not often.

Btw I'm prone to procastinate certain things. I often get things done the last minute, but somehow it always works.
    Yeah same for me :p Like I have this sense of timing, I know when to start just before it's too late hah. Great timing seriously and then I work really intensely and I actually like that on some level. (I mean, the hard intense work)