• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Not a question, just a declaration

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've decided I am an extrovert, but I think why I thought I was an introvert is being SP first, and anxiety around people I don't know. But once I get to know someone, even if I only semi-like them. After interacting them for awhile I become extremely hyper, like bouncing off the wall kind. And it just dawned on me last night. I also don't need tons of social interaction, but rather once or twice a week with people I like. Also I love talking and listening equally well. And I'm not one to initiate conversation, but once it is, I feel this rush. I can't believe I've never noticed this before.'

I should also point out, I have to actively engaged, otherwise it's just like not socializing for me. And I get drained talking about the other person and asking questions (just cuz I worry about asking inapprotiate questions, which has happened before(does that make me a narcissist?)

though I am trying to learn to be interested. I even decided to be interested in [MENTION=5583]Eruca[/MENTION]'s food.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I've decided I am an extrovert, but I think why I thought I was an introvert is being SP first, and anxiety around people I don't know. But once I get to know someone, even if I only semi-like them. After interacting them for awhile I become extremely hyper, like bouncing off the wall kind. And it just dawned on me last night. I also don't need tons of social interaction, but rather once or twice a week with people I like. Also I love talking and listening equally well. And I'm not one to initiate conversation, but once it is, I feel this rush. I can't believe I've never noticed this before.'

I know you're not asking, but this description actually makes you sound more introverted than extraverted.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I know you're not asking, but this description actually makes you sound more introverted than extraverted.

really? but I thought the main part of extroversion, is where you get energy from

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
This thread is really interesting so far! I'm fascinated to see what unfolds from here.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
really? but I thought the main part of extroversion, is where you get energy from

Well first let me say, I'm no expert. So I could be totally wrong, but here's how I look at it:

We're all both extraverted and introverted. We get our energy from the outside and inside world. So it's not that extraverts never need time alone to recharge (although sometimes it seems like that), it's just that MOST OF THE TIME, they get their energy from people/surroundings.

It is often said that when INFP's are comfortable, they look a lot like Ne-doms. I consider myself introverted, and I spend most of my free time reading/internetting in my bed. However, when I socialize from time to time, I can get very giddy, silly and hyper. I absolutely feed off other people's energy in those moments. Especially if I'm comfortable around them, so I don't have to exhaust myself by thinking about the kind of impression I'm making. However, the other 5 or 6 days of the week, I charge up my energy by being alone.

I think it's more important to notice that not only do you have a low-need to socialize (once or twice a week), you find adjusting to unfamiliar people stressful/tiring, and that you don't tend to initiate conversations, even if you often enjoy contact.

While you definitely like using Ne, the above doesn't sound ENFPish at all. I'm not saying you are NOT extraverted, I'm just saying the info you provided doesn't sound all that extraverted to me. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Well first let me say, I'm no expert. So I could be totally wrong, but here's how I look at it:

We're all both extraverted and introverted. We get our energy from the outside and inside world. So it's not that extraverts never need time alone to recharge (although sometimes it seems like that), it's just that MOST OF THE TIME, they get their energy from people/surroundings.

It is often said that when INFP's are comfortable, they look a lot like Ne-doms. I consider myself introverted, and I spend most of my free time reading/internetting in my bed. However, when I socialize from time to time, I can get very giddy, silly and hyper. I absolutely feed off other people's energy in those moments. Especially if I'm comfortable around them, so I don't have to exhaust myself by thinking about the kind of impression I'm making.

I think it's more important to notice that not only do you have a low-need to socialize (once or twice a week), you find adjusting to unfamiliar people stressful/tiring, and that you don't tend to initiate conversations, even if you often enjoy contact.

While you definitely like using Ne, the above doesn't sound ENFPish at all.
But my energy rises exponetially being around people vs being by myself.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
But my energy rises exponetially being around people vs being by myself.

Again, I feel a bit uneasy questioning your own experience, I'm not trying to tell you who you are. But if I may speak from my own experience as an introvert:

I think it's just a different kind of energy. Introverted energy gathering is like being plugged in to a wall socket. It's more like energy accumulation/regrowth. Extraverted energy gathering is like getting struck with lightning. So much juice, but you can only stand it so long. I think introverts are especially sensitive to extraverted energy gathering, because we're so easily overstimulated.

I often think I'm ENFP, because of how energetic I get from performing/socializing.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Again, I feel a bit uneasy questioning your own experience, I'm not trying to tell you who you are. But if I may speak from my own experience as an introvert:

I think it's just a different kind of energy. Introverted energy gathering is like being plugged in to a wall socket. It's more like energy accumulation/regrowth. Extraverted energy gathering is like getting struck with lightning. So much juice, but you can only stand it so long. I think introverts are especially sensitive to extraverted energy gathering, because we're so easily overstimulated.

I often think I'm ENFP, because of how energetic I get from performing/socializing.
Possibly, I dunno, anymore.

also you are questioning my experience (don't get me wrong, I'm not upset by it, I do like feedback, and it's good it allows me to reflect more) I swear on [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]'s life that I'm not upset.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Possibly, I dunno, anymore.

also you are questioning my experience (don't get me wrong, I'm not upset by it, I do like feedback, and it's good it allows me to reflect more) I swear on [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION]'s life that I'm not upset.

I didn't say I WASN'T questioning your experience, I said I feel uneasy questioning it :newwink:

Anyway, I'm glad you're not upset, because I realize what I'm doing is a bit annoying. It's simply a matter of me identifying with you, and projecting my own experience on to what you're saying. It could totally be off base, but I thought it might be on point, since we're the same MBTI (maybe).

I'm kind of struggling with the same questions too, lately. I was trying to help, honest. :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I didn't say I WASN'T questioning your experience, I said I feel uneasy questioning it :newwink:

Anyway, I'm glad you're not upset, because I realize what I'm doing is a bit annoying. It's simply a matter of me identifying with you, and projecting my own experience on to what you're saying. It could totally be off base, but I thought it might be on point, since we're the same MBTI (maybe).

I'm kind of struggling with the same questions too, lately. I was trying to help, honest. :)

I know, no worries. Also I guess I should point out that I only require 1-2 times a week of socializing but I like more than that. Not to say I don't need my me time either, cuz I definetly do. I think I'm probably more towards the middle on the extrovert/introvert scale