User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Chanaynay's gut fix?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8w7

2 18.18%
  • 8w9

0 0%
  • 9w8

6 54.55%
  • 9w1

3 27.27%
123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Default Could my gut fix be 8 instead of 9?

Something I've been contemplating lately - I've heard 728 is the most extroverted tritype possible and that could explain why my level of extroversion is generally higher than other ENFPs. Here are some random thoughts I have (I know a lot of em could possibly be applicable to other types but this is just what had me thinking):

• Not averse to conflict; I readily put myself in the line of fire a lot.
    • When I get angry I express it more than repress it.
    • 728 could explain level of extroversion.
    • I like the feeling of "conquering" my environment (but good god I do no want the responsibilities that come with it ).

• While I'm not averse to conflict - I don't like it. It drains a lot from me rather than firing me up.
    • 729 makes more sense given my demeanor and endless (blind) optimism.
    • I like the feeling of peace and everything flowing smoothly; when everyone and everything is getting along that is when I'm most comfortable
    • I'm not as obtrusive to my environment.

And knowing me personally might be some help too.

@YWIR @EJCC @Amargith @Elfboy @Ginkgo @five sounds @Starry @Lady_X (didn't you struggle between 729 and 728 as well? I'd be interested in hearing your experience. I know you also debated 729 and 749 but yeah haha) @Halla74 @Honor @Nights and Days @Nicodemus @prplchknz @skylights @Vasilisa @Vetani @Wind Up Rex and more GO
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

FWIW, my ENFP bestie is 278 and her expressions of anger are much more intense. (From my limited experience, 9 anger is probably the least scary, in practice, of all the gut types.) Then again, I'm not sure if I've ever seen you get really angry? So I dunno.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    FWIW, my ENFP bestie is 278 and her expressions of anger are much more intense. (From my limited experience, 9 anger is probably the least scary, in practice, of all the gut types.) Then again, I'm not sure if I've ever seen you get really angry? So I dunno.
    Maybe that's another point for 9?

Because really, I can't honestly remember the last time I got angry either. I mean, red hot fiery angry. My usual form of anger is explaining why what someone did/said was fucked up smoothly and firmly. There's always emotion in my voice though so they get the picture - that's more unconscious though.

Oh wait, I can remember it. It was when my friend tricked me and bested me at a game we were playing and I was so made that he lied to me to trick me to win that I just started throwing things at him and punching him until he got bruised. I made him run to his room for the rest of the night hehe.

But given that was about being lied to maybe it was my 6 wing going counterphobic? Dunno.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Yeah that definitely seems like a point for 9. IME, 8 has a visibly angry undercurrent fairly frequently, 1 appears completely neutral until anger explodes out of nowhere, and 9... who even knows? Maybe irritation. Maybe being frequently annoyed and judgy.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    ^ Yeah that definitely seems like a point for 9. IME, 8 has a visibly angry undercurrent fairly frequently, 1 appears completely neutral until anger explodes out of nowhere, and 9... who even knows? Maybe irritation. Maybe being frequently annoyed and judgy.
    Hmm, I'm not sure how my undercurrent appears tbh. Interacting with Dee and Rex, they both seem like super lovable people - so does my IRL friend Alexa. But the visibly angry undercurrent you mention maybe is harder to see when an 8 is talking to people they like?

Yeah, mine doesn't really explode out of nowhere like a 1. I mean it does, because most don't see it coming given my upbeat/chill demeanor but yeah. Since I assume you're voting 9, what wing do you think I lean towards?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Chanaynay haha.
    Of the two which fear do you identify with?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Chanaynay haha.

Of the two which fear do you identify with?
    Both - is that an option? Because it's true.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Hmm, I'm not sure how my undercurrent appears tbh. Interacting with Dee and Rex, they both seem like super lovable people - so does my IRL friend Alexa. But the visibly angry undercurrent you mention maybe is harder to see when an 8 is talking to people they like?
    Maybe it's just something I notice because I relate to it so much -- I tend to feel a mind-meld with most of the eights I come across (especially the ExTx and xSTJ eights). The "1 as 8 in chains" thing, probably. And I don't see it as any less lovable -- I just see a wellspring of anger under that aggressive drive.

I don't know how well I'm articulating this. :/ You know how sometimes you see someone vent, and you think to yourself, "jeez, I wonder how much more of that they have bottled up in there"? That's the 1 and 8 "scary" anger I was talking about, that I don't really see with 9.

Yeah, mine doesn't really explode out of nowhere like a 1. I mean it does, because most don't see it coming given my upbeat/chill demeanor but yeah. Since I assume you're voting 9, what wing do you think I lean towards?
    I'm not sure what I'm voting, since I'm unclear on what 9w8 looks like. I know very little about it. :/

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Something I've been contemplating lately - I've heard 728 is the most extroverted tritype possible and that could explain why my level of extroversion is generally higher than other ENFPs. Here are some random thoughts I have (I know a lot of em could possibly be applicable to other types but this is just what had me thinking):

• Not averse to conflict; I readily put myself in the line of fire a lot.
    • When I get angry I express it more than repress it.
    • 728 could explain level of extroversion.
    • I like the feeling of "conquering" my environment (but good god I do no want the responsibilities that come with it ).

• While I'm not averse to conflict - I don't like it. It drains a lot from me rather than firing me up.
    • 729 makes more sense given my demeanor and endless (blind) optimism.
    • I like the feeling of peace and everything flowing smoothly; when everyone and everything is getting along that is when I'm most comfortable
    • I'm not as obtrusive to my environment.

And knowing me personally might be some help too.

@YWIR @EJCC @Amargith @Elfboy @Ginkgo @five sounds @Starry @Lady_X (didn't you struggle between 729 and 728 as well? I'd be interested in hearing your experience. I know you also debated 729 and 749 but yeah haha) @Halla74 @Honor @Nights and Days @Nicodemus @prplchknz @skylights @Vasilisa @Vetani @Wind Up Rex and more GO
    Hmm, interesting! I'm not sure yet. I will think on this today.

For some reason, I have quite a few friends who are 9s. I say "for some reason" because I feel like my personality clashes with 9ness. The thing I notice about them is that denial plays a huge role in their lives (i.e. denying unpleasant feelings, denying reality). They also very easily take on the identity/worldview of those around them that they want to preserve a relationship with no matter how absurd or departed from reality those views are. They think of it as being "flexible" and see others as "rigid" for not doing so. Can you relate to any of this so far?

ndovjtjcaqidthi

@Chanaynay

Are you withdrawn (When problems arise, do you tend to withdraw into your own head, using logic or emotions?)

Or assertive (When problems arise, do you address them assertively to get what you want?)

-

Are you reactive (You get very volatile and reactive under stress?)

Or optimistic (You try to see the silver lining of a situation under stress and keep an optimistic outlook?)

-

Which of these do you relate more to?

You have a compulsive need to control situations that you're in.

When serious problems arise, you tend to withdraw into your head to find inner peace. Conflict wears on you.