User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Chanaynay's gut fix?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8w7

    2 18.18%
  • 8w9

    0 0%
  • 9w8

    6 54.55%
  • 9w1

    3 27.27%
First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 86

  1. #51
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I believe you can be forceful...even aggressive...all while maintaining a positive attitude...

    No, seriously C. I think one of the best examples of a true ENFP 729 on this site is @five sounds and perhaps she would be a great resource. I'm totally okay with you being a Peacemaker C...I say go for it!!!
    so you mentioned me in this post, and i was thinking about it a little bit, and the bolded really stuck out to me.

    i think of the way that chanaynay goes after nicodemus and that seems like more forceful behavior than i probably would engage in. i read once that 8-fixers take up space like they own it and 9s take up space almost apologetically. i come into new situations with a bit of trepidation. i'm afraid of stepping on toes and don't want to like rock any boats. for that reason, i tend to kind of ease my way into social situations in a way that i feel will be comfortable for both me and those receiving me. (people's first impressions of me are often that i'm 'shy and quiet'.) i definitely feel like chan has a more commanding energy. a less apologetic occupation of space. less concern for 'rocking the boat' with his presence, and more of a desire to come in and make his presence known.

    it's a good thing, and i see it and envy it with 7s who have 8-fixes. because we share that same 7w6 ebullient energy, it looks similar when we give it. it's happy, it's positive, it's engaging. with an 8, you just give it more directly, without questioning if the time or situation is right. with a 9, i wait around and feel it out for a while to make sure i can give that energy in a way that 'fits' and doesn't disrupt any harmony.

    also, lol at laundry causing depression. can i get an aaaa-men.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  2. #52
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Whoops sorry guys...I'm doing my laundry which means I've entered a full blown depression /sevenwingsix
    Having to deal with a whole entire page of replies is putting me through the same struggle Starry.

    There is no doubt in my mind that I am a 7 with an 8 fix...a 74 <-not 2...a 748...and cp to boot if you want to throw that in...and an sx dom...and while 'rough-around-the-edges' could replace my actual middle name...ruthless? acquisitive? Ah no. I'm not even competitive Elfboy...I have poured so many hours of thought into how much more successful I would be in the Western economy if I could just get myself to care a little more about money or winning or prestige...it's all bullshit to me. I can get aggressive about a principle or cause...and if you approach me and mine in a way I don't like...I will make sure that never happens again...but on the daily I'm your average, happy, going-nowhere haha ENFP 7w6.
    What I've noticed about @Elfboy is that while he definitely makes sure to do his research and tries to ensure that he fully understands the concepts, he lacks a substantial amount of external experience for real-world applications (other than people he's made hypothetical, educated guesses about on the fly). Typing is very much more a journey than it is an assignment - it's actually something I had the pleasure of learning from him and others as I watched his opinion of me and my type more and more as we got to know each other on a more intimate level. But anyway, I've noticed because of this he tends to default more with examples of characters (see his later post) who are just that - characters. I mean, I totally see how Regina is 278 but she's also an incredibly exaggerated character.

    I don't know why I even brought this up. I think Elfboob's opinion of me is a very reasonable one especially since it's in alignment with most of the people in this thread. But I think that he kind of builds on more of a 7w8ish image of 7s just because that's the kind of image he's attracted to (not romantically, but just generally drawn to). So that could be why there's a bit of dissonance between what he says and your personal experience.

    I believe you can be forceful...even aggressive...all while maintaining a positive attitude...

    No, seriously C. I think one of the best examples of a true ENFP 729 on this site is @five sounds and perhaps she would be a great resource. I'm totally okay with you being a Peacemaker C...I say go for it!!!
    I agree with the first line and the second line. I'll respond to Nic because I found her response interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    @Chanaynay

    this can be explained by core 7 (assertive type).

    exactly. 7s with an 8 fix love conflict. it gives them energy

    core 7

    extrovert (seriously though, 729 is pretty extroverted too)
    Yeah, I'm sure a lot of my 8ish tendencies are also caused by being core 7 since they're next to each other on the spectrum.

    yup. 7, 2 and 8 is a very "triple shake things up" tritype. they have large, dramatic energy that tends to get noticed and cause a stir. your energy is certainly noticeable (which is understandable being an ENFP with 7 and 2 in your tritype), but it doesn't have the disruptive, "suck the air out of the room" quality of an 8 fixer (well, an 8 fixed 7 at least. an 8 fixer who was, say, core 5, probably wouldn't do this )
    Hmm, I vary between the disruptive and peaceful qualities you talk about though.

    here are some better examples of 728 (it's very much a party animal/jock/queen bee tritype)
    I actually fit the party animal stereotype pretty well IRL. *brought a vodka soda to class yesterday and got wasted*

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I haven't ever considered a tritype for you...but the points I see strongly in you are 9, 8 & 4
    I agree with this (and I'm warming up more to the idea of 9w8 for Elfboy).

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Chay you are so extroverted you make me feel like an introvert.


    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    so you mentioned me in this post, and i was thinking about it a little bit, and the bolded really stuck out to me.

    i think of the way that chanaynay goes after nicodemus and that seems like more forceful behavior than i probably would engage in. i read once that 8-fixers take up space like they own it and 9s take up space almost apologetically. i come into new situations with a bit of trepidation. i'm afraid of stepping on toes and don't want to like rock any boats. for that reason, i tend to kind of ease my way into social situations in a way that i feel will be comfortable for both me and those receiving me. (people's first impressions of me are often that i'm 'shy and quiet'.) i definitely feel like chan has a more commanding energy. a less apologetic occupation of space. less concern for 'rocking the boat' with his presence, and more of a desire to come in and make his presence known.

    it's a good thing, and i see it and envy it with 7s who have 8-fixes. because we share that same 7w6 ebullient energy, it looks similar when we give it. it's happy, it's positive, it's engaging. with an 8, you just give it more directly, without questioning if the time or situation is right. with a 9, i wait around and feel it out for a while to make sure i can give that energy in a way that 'fits' and doesn't disrupt any harmony.

    also, lol at laundry causing depression. can i get an aaaa-men.
    This pushed me more away from 729 and more towards 728. First paragraph was definitely true. I'm not sure what else to add because this is a very nice contrast. But the only other differences between us are so/sx vs sx/sp, 2w3-fix vs 2w1-fix and I'd think a social-last would actually be less apologetic about disrupting the environment so there is definitely something between us that needs explaining that could be explained by 8 vs 9.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    @Chanaynay

    Dude you are totally 9 fixed. You fit the 792 description to a T. I notice that you even said that you view confrontation as "unpleasant" but you can endure it. This is very typical of a 9 fixer. They tend to dislike confrontation, but will endure it if they have to. You probably onto something though, and you probably have an 8 wing instead of a 1 wing. I've noticed that with confrontation, 9w8's tend to have a hot or cold style of confrontation: either they are really chill and avoid conflict or they just explode on someone out of nowhere, and leave people asking "Where the hell did that come from"?
    Why do you say 9w8 vs 9w1 for me specifically?
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  3. #53
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    I'm going to have to say 9.

  4. #54
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I don't agree with all those Te inferior 4s and 6s who get butthurt whenever people try to use evidence or data to type people.
    Uh, what? I seriously don't know what the hell you are talking about.

    Not to take away from your thread, @Chanaynay. This just struck me as hilarious. (And sorry I don't know you well enough to say 729 or 728.)

  5. #55
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    I'm going to have to say 9.
    Why's that?

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Uh, what? I seriously don't know what the hell you are talking about.

    Not to take away from your thread, @Chanaynay. This just struck me as hilarious. (And sorry I don't know you well enough to say 729 or 728.)
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


  6. #56
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Everyone I know who is 7w8, or 8w7 is very much OK with the concept of [i]"This is how shit is going to be, because I'm busy and you're not the boss of me."[/i]
    [...]
    I think you are much more nice than that, as in you are assertive - but not necessarily confrontational by default.
    If there is any ambiguity in the midst of my surroundings the first thing I'll do is recalibrate things as it makes sense to me for them to be, and in my case part of that is ensuring that the greater good of all is being realized. If all is cool, I'm glad to sit back and enjoy the ride - but if not, well - you know.
    So true. I prefer to sit back and enjoy the ride, and wish this was the default for all situations (because I'm lazy like that), but if shit is out of whack, I can't help but dive in. And am usually the first, and the most forceful, about "what should be done".


    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post


    If I'm allowed to be the one to make a decision, I always want to because it benefits me the most to make that decision. When I'm dating someone I tend to get overly indecisive not because I lack a decision in my head--but because I know it's a little selfish behavior of mine normally and I want to ensure I give them ample opportunity to stick their own decisions in there..
    Heh, thanks for putting this into words. I have the same issue, and have been accused of being indecisive, when, for me, it seems like my not-fully matured Fe, does not know how to balance being "nice/considerate" versus "being decisive". Because in my head, I already do have a preference, but I want to give the other a chance to have their say.... so I hold back, and they hold back, and then I get frustrated, and it sometimes ends up being counter-productive to my original aim.

    *sigh*

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Not to focus so much on anger...

    The main things I exhibit that make me confident in my 8ness.. despite others disagreeing at times:

    - My anger is a measurable and very real part of my daily life. It motivates me, or de-motivates me, depending.. but it is not something I can avoid. I'm an angry person. This isn't to be confused for being unhealthy.. I clearly don't go around yelling at people all the time, or losing my temper at any one thing. But controlling my anger was something I had to learn at a young age, and I struggled with it growing up. Usually I'll pick up trash not because "Oh, yay, I'm helping the environment! and I wouldn't want to see litter around... " but more "What an ass, throwing this cup on the ground. Fuck him or her." Part of the reason I feel so much better about exercise is because its a healthy way to vent my stress and anger--and I do have it. I'm a very happy, optimistic, and chipper person.. almost to an annoying extent sometimes. But my anger is a major motivator for me to actually move.

    - The only thing more motivating than my anger is my feeling of needing to be in control. I dislike the court systems and judge them based on the fact that it's almost always out of your [read: my] control and you're at the whim of others who don't recognize common sense. I liked my career in the army because I actually had some say in how jobs went, and who was working under me and how I ran things. I'm going to school now even though I HATE school so much because I want to be in control of my life and my current career choice is allowing me to do that. I get scared to start relationships, even though I know I want one to last in my life, because it really is out of my control.. I can only do so much--I have to rely on the other person entirely.. and their minds change a lot quicker than mine tends to. I love budgets because they're visible "I love me and the control I have in my life" documents. Everything is about this sense of independence and control.

    - When I do participate in things out of my control, and that I'm not allowed to be angry at, I am very, very hesitant to let them go. I have a best friend currently that sucks as a best friend, and I'm about to tell her to take someone else to a musical I spent money on for her and I to go. But I'm really scared to just say that even though I want to.. because I've spent a lot of time with her being my friend. I really don't have any female friends after she's going to be gone.. and there's no way for me to change that entirely on my own. I have to have females wanting to be close friends to me--not a common thing to find at my age.. usually you make them young.

    - Challenges come in all forms. I am very competitive--with myself.. not so much with others. I like the occasional games, I like watching sports and my teams winning, etc. But the major way I challenge myself is in my own life. I wanted to control my anger because it was challenging for me--and I wanted control of my life. It all fit together perfectly. I'm challenging myself to work within a budget. To build a house despite having never built a structure on my own before. I don't really challenge others, and I think social conditioning is a lot to blame for that (i.e. I never win wrestling matches with dudes back when I did that a lot.. not because I couldn't.. but sometimes because I just knew it wouldn't benefit either of us. I'd get pissed that they'd claim they went soft when I know they didn't, and if I lost then.. meh.. all's normal..), but it works out in the end because I'm pretty good at challenging ideas and concepts without being truly upset about them. Not perfect.. and I think I do frequently come across as really bitchy or angry when I really feel I'm not and have no intentions to be. No, not perfect at all. But it's something in the right direction.

    - I have resting bitchy face. That's apparently a thing, and I definitely have it. (Note: this has nothing to do with anything.)

    I don't feel like I'm unhealthy, and there are many things I've learned in my life to just live-and-let-live.. and I'm still learning how to do that. But the big difference I see between myself and others is--I'm LEARNING it.. It doesn't come naturally to me. I'm completely cool with people being hippies about their health despite not agreeing with them entirely, but I had to learn to be cool with that for my own sake. It's a work in progress, and one I'm getting better at with time and age.

    Just my two cents. Sorry it's long.
    Thanks for these. They really resonated with me. My anger is definitely a part of my identity. All those nearest and dearest to me, would tell you this aspect about me, when asked to name some "negative traits" of mine. And, yes, I have spent a good part of my life, channeling it in healthy ways rather than letting it control me. I know that my anger is my frustration and my anxiety, building to a boiling point. It forces me to do something about it, when I reach that stage.

    "You come at me, I'm going to come at you, ten times harder, faster, smarter." <-- that's my aim anyway, and "you" is not necessarily a person, as it can be a situation, too.

    And @Elfboy - commenting that 7w8 get off on conflict, get energized by it. Yes, this is definitely true. I've doubted relationships (not only romantic ones), where I've never fought with the person, or had a conflict with them. My inherent assumption: There is no person in the world that I can get along with 100% of the time, including myself. As such, if I've never had a conflict with someone, I think of that relationship as not yet reached its depth. Because I feel like we've only been swimming in the shallow end, if we haven't faced a conflict together, and come out the other side.

    (sorry @Chanaynay for derailing your thread. I really can't see you as a gut fix 8. Really.)

  7. #57
    Stansmith
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Why's that?



    You just seem so...affable. I've yet to see you respond to anyone in a sharp or reactive way.

  8. #58
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Uh, what? I seriously don't know what the hell you are talking about.
    wasn't talking about you, but it's there (there are more of them over on PerC. good god...)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  9. #59
    Senior Member The Great One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    3,461

    Default

    @Chanaynay

    Why do you say 9w8 vs 9w1 for me specifically?
    While under confrontation, 9w1's will avoid confrontation, at first and then will diplomatically disarm the confrontation. The 9w8 also avoids confrontation at first, but then just explodes on someone out of nowhere.

    No way in hell do you have an 8 fix though, because you don't have the presence of a 782.

  10. #60
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    While under confrontation, 9w1's will avoid confrontation, at first and then will diplomatically disarm the confrontation. The 9w8 also avoids confrontation at first, but then just explodes on someone out of nowhere.
    Well:

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    9s can get angry
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


Similar Threads

  1. Ok, ok. I'll reluctantly admit it. I think I need help w/ my gut fix
    By Evolving Transparency in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 02:51 PM
  2. My Gut-Fix: 9 or 1?
    By Stansmith in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 12:45 AM
  3. My typology system: 2 Letter Code instead of 4 letter
    By yenom in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 11:08 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Who wants to be a part of my story?
    By Chimerical in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 02:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO