User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Chanaynay's gut fix?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8w7

2 18.18%
  • 8w9

0 0%
  • 9w8

6 54.55%
  • 9w1

3 27.27%
First 34567 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Chanaynay
    notice that the parts of the 728 description you bolded sound more 729

anyway, I suggest you go to the source material and check out Naranjo's 8 and 9 descriptions. you are about as 8 as Tamaki Suo
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Chanaynay

Dude you are totally 9 fixed. You fit the 792 description to a T. I notice that you even said that you view confrontation as "unpleasant" but you can endure it. This is very typical of a 9 fixer. They tend to dislike confrontation, but will endure it if they have to. You probably onto something though, and you probably have an 8 wing instead of a 1 wing. I've noticed that with confrontation, 9w8's tend to have a hot or cold style of confrontation: either they are really chill and avoid conflict or they just explode on someone out of nowhere, and leave people asking "Where the hell did that come from"?

Whoops sorry guys...I'm doing my laundry which means I've entered a full blown depression /sevenwingsix

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    7s with an 8 fix are ruthless, acquisitive, rough-around-the-edges and usually competitive. @Chanaynay is gentle as a lamb and a cuddly ball of enthusiasm (just look at all his avatars and signatures. SOOO not 8 fixed )
    You do have a point with the avatar...

There is no doubt in my mind that I am a 7 with an 8 fix...a 74 <-not 2...a 748...and cp to boot if you want to throw that in...and an sx dom...and while 'rough-around-the-edges' could replace my actual middle name...ruthless? acquisitive? Ah no. I'm not even competitive Elfboy...I have poured so many hours of thought into how much more successful I would be in the Western economy if I could just get myself to care a little more about money or winning or prestige...it's all bullshit to me. I can get aggressive about a principle or cause...and if you approach me and mine in a way I don't like...I will make sure that never happens again...but on the daily I'm your average, happy, going-nowhere haha ENFP 7w6.

I'm not a huge fan of the Fauvres. they would have me typed as 8w7 (like, the posterchild 8w7)
    Edit: in fact, they type almost everyone who is assertive as an 8.
    the important thing is that you have to look at each of the types in the tritype individual as well, and Chanz doesn't have a drop of 8
    I don't know enough about *Fauvres* to even have an opinion of his work... Moreover, and for some reason I thought you knew this ha, I am not a fan of enneagram descriptions in the first place...I only use them if I'm looking for a pattern that I suspect exists...or to double check my understanding of something...which is what I did tonight. After reading your post I was like...no fuckin way is the 728 the Wall street beast you're making it out to be...and Fauvres agrees so now I build a shrine to him in my room.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    You think I'm cuddly? Aww boo boo.

Because I love you, I shall bold the parts I relate to.

278, 782, 827 - The Free Spirit: You like to use your charming, sunny disposition to create an upbeat, positive, and action-packed environment. You are also very nurturing to those in your circle of care. Your life mission is to be an instrument of change, transforming difficult situations into moments of inspiration. A true free spirit, you are happiest when you are on the go and helping others to learn to act on their own behalf. Your blind spot is that you can be so focused on keeping everything positive and honest that you can be too aggressive and fail to recognize the importance of difficult emotions. You also keep busy and in motion to avoid painful feelings. Your growing edge is to recognize that your need to always be postivie, upbeat, and free can limit your ability to self reflect and fully be yourself. True happiness and joy come from being present to your higher self and experiencing all of your emotions.

@Vetani told me this sounded like my mom (who I believe is 2w3>8w7>6w7) and there were a few parts that actually sounded like her. The part about being too aggressive and failing to recognize difficult emotions especially. But I've never really experienced that problem before. While my mom has a harder time grasping onto people dwelling in their negative emotions and exploring them, I was always the one trying to teach her how to do that because it's what I needed to do and what I do with other people. I think I'm also more self-reflective and more aware of my own negatives than this describes. Perhaps I'm a healthier version of this maybe. But either way, I don't relate to becoming more self-reflective and more "myself" when becoming healthier. Positivity restricting being myself especially - since I view myself as naturally positive so I don't see it as an inhibiting factor other than for reasons which are also applicable to 729s. Most changes I've noticed in me as I've become healthier is that I've learned to stand up for myself a lot more and not fear confrontation. I'm still on the path to growth though, as I need to learn to be more focused (I'm procrastinating right now haha) and other things but that's the progress pretty much so far.
    C - like I said above...I'm not big on descriptions. I wouldn't expect any description...whether it be 'ENFP' or 'social dom'...etc. to fit you to a T. I also wouldn't expect every single person that has an 8 fix to be the living personification of the Incredible Hulk+Al Capone+Satan...but that's just me and my funny way of "doin the enneagram." Crazier still...I believe you can be forceful...even aggressive...all while maintaining a positive attitude...but it looks like Fauvres and I are ready the opium dens of Northern Thailand haha.

No, seriously C. I think one of the best examples of a true ENFP 729 on this site is @five sounds and perhaps she would be a great resource. I'm totally okay with you being a Peacemaker C...I say go for it!!!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Starry
    if you don't base your typings off of descriptions, what are they based off of? (please don't say movidations/fears. those are way too vague and applicable across many types to be useful typing tools)
    PS: out of curiosity, what tritype do you think I am?
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Chanaynay
    Not averse to conflict; I readily put myself in the line of fire a lot.
    this can be explained by core 7 (assertive type).

While I'm not averse to conflict - I don't like it. It drains a lot from me rather than firing me up.
    exactly. 7s with an 8 fix love conflict. it gives them energy

When I get angry I express it more than repress it.
    core 7

728 could explain level of extroversion.
    extrovert (seriously though, 729 is pretty extroverted too)

I like the feeling of "conquering" my environment (but good god I do no want the responsibilities that come with it ).
    a little warmer, but most men (and plenty of women) feel this.

I'm not as obtrusive to my environment.
    yup. 7, 2 and 8 is a very "triple shake things up" tritype. they have large, dramatic energy that tends to get noticed and cause a stir. your energy is certainly noticeable (which is understandable being an ENFP with 7 and 2 in your tritype), but it doesn't have the disruptive, "suck the air out of the room" quality of an 8 fixer (well, an 8 fixed 7 at least. an 8 fixer who was, say, core 5, probably wouldn't do this )

here are some better examples of 728 (it's very much a party animal/jock/queen bee tritype)

ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

To be more clear I should say I don't use short-handed descriptions that are easily accessed online. To me it's similar to reading your horoscope in the Sunday newspaper. I own books. I've read them. I've pieced it together...created a framework in my mind...and now I'm just keeping track of the patterns....and adding information as I go. I also studied Psychology...and excelled at diagnosing illnesses. And while I don't care to verbally explain that process...I will say I'm basically doing the same thing. But yes, today, I start with the core fears.

I haven't ever considered a tritype for you...but the points I see strongly in you are 9, 8 & 4

What is your method Elfboy?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    To be more clear I should say I don't use short-handed descriptions that are easily accessed online. To me it's similar to reading your horoscope in the Sunday newspaper. I own books. I've read them. I've pieced it together...created a framework in my mind...and now I'm just keeping track of the patterns....and adding information as I go. I also studied Psychology...and excelled at diagnosing illnesses. And while I don't care to verbally explain that process...I will say I'm basically doing the same thing. But yes, today, I start with the core fears.
    ok, that makes a WORLD of difference. I'm glad I asked for clarification rather than going with my first impulse to dismiss your credibility.

I haven't ever considered a tritype for you...but the points I see strongly in you are 9, 8 & 4
    I'm not considering it at the moment, but, if I'm not a 1 fixer, I think 8 would make more sense than 9. I'm far more disruptive than any 9 fixer I've met

What is your method Elfboy?
    a combination of a few things
    - book descriptions (some of which are available online, some are not). Naranjo is my favorite he exposes the dark underbelly of all the types.
    - general vibe
    - deduction based on behavioral evidence (ie, how I've seen them interact. this is admittedly harder to gather online, but, given enough time, patterns in the data emerge. I don't agree with all those Te inferior 4s and 6s who get butthurt whenever people try to use evidence or data to type people.)
    - general life outlook and natural pitfalls (genuine natural weaknesses are a better indicator of temperament than the kind of, as you said, horoscope-y descriptions out there which tend to focus on vague strengths which could apply to a range of types)

PS: have you interacted with Chanaynay on camera?
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Riva

Chay you are so extroverted you make me feel like an introvert.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Flame View Post
    9s can get angry

ENFPS in general are gentle as fuck. Believe me I have tried in the past to make enfps yelll and scream and they are seemingly incapable, or completely averse to it.
    No way. I think entps are calmer than enfps. And gentle would never be word i'd use to describe enfps.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Chay you are so extroverted you make me feel like an introvert.
    No way. I think entps are calmer than enfps. And gentle would never be word i'd use to describe enfps.
    my experience has been that ENFPs are more "bubbly" while ENTPs are more anxious/"jittery". our energy is more effusive and engaging; yours is more cerebral/dorky
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Chibi Seme
    Sunburst!

Riva

my experience has been that ENFPs are more "bubbly" while ENTPs are more anxious/"jittery". our energy is more effusive and engaging; yours is more cerebral/dorky
    Anxious jittery sounds like entps who are w6s and e6s.

Cerebral dorky is correct though.

Edit - would you say enfps are gentle? I don't think so