User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is Chanaynay's gut fix?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 8w7

    2 18.18%
  • 8w9

    0 0%
  • 9w8

    6 54.55%
  • 9w1

    3 27.27%
First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 86

  1. #21
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    @Chanaynay
    could my gut fix be 8
    no.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #22
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    omg chandler i don't think i ever came to a conclusion!! or if i did i might have forgotten it! haha ahhh awesome now i'm going to b obsessed with this shiz again!

    i gots no answers for you man. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  3. #23
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    My vote is for 729, my friend.
    Everyone I know who is 7w8, or 8w7 is very much OK with the concept of "This is how shit is going to be, because I'm busy and you're not the boss of me."
    I'm not saying that's necessarily the right way to be; I'm just tagging it as a default mindset.
    I think you are much more nice than that, as in you are assertive - but not necessarily confrontational by default.
    If there is any ambiguity in the midst of my surroundings the first thing I'll do is recalibrate things as it makes sense to me for them to be, and in my case part of that is ensuring that the greater good of all is being realized. If all is cool, I'm glad to sit back and enjoy the ride - but if not, well - you know.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  4. #24
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post


    /thread
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  5. #25
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    I think you're just a really extraverted extravert, and that's just who you are. And you're a 729 at the same time, I think. I've just never really seen any 8ish "control" out of you. You seem to roll with the situation and adjust accordingly and respond and be happy and wish and want and dream.

    But of course I do not know you IRL so those are just my internet-mediated impressions.

  6. #26
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I think you're just a really extraverted extravert, and that's just who you are. And you're a 729 at the same time, I think. I've just never really seen any 8ish "control" out of you. You seem to roll with the situation and adjust accordingly and respond and be happy and wish and want and dream.
    But of course I do not know you IRL so those are just my internet-mediated impressions.
    he's the same on camera =)
    @Chanaynay
    you could just be mistaking the natural assertiveness of core 7 for an 8 fix
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  7. #27
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    I'm afraid I'd have to see you in some lascivious poses to make a call on your gut fix. Sorry, babe.

  8. #28
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Everyone I know who is 7w8, or 8w7 is very much OK with the concept of "This is how shit is going to be, because I'm busy and you're not the boss of me."


    If I'm allowed to be the one to make a decision, I always want to because it benefits me the most to make that decision. When I'm dating someone I tend to get overly indecisive not because I lack a decision in my head--but because I know it's a little selfish behavior of mine normally and I want to ensure I give them ample opportunity to stick their own decisions in there..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  9. #29
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Everyone I know who is 7w8, or 8w7 is very much OK with the concept of "This is how shit is going to be, because I'm busy and you're not the boss of me."


    If I'm allowed to be the one to make a decision, I always want to because it benefits me the most to make that decision. When I'm dating someone I tend to get overly indecisive not because I lack a decision in my head--but because I know it's a little selfish behavior of mine normally and I want to ensure I give them ample opportunity to stick their own decisions in there..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  10. #30
    untitled Chanaynay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honor View Post
    Hmm, interesting! I'm not sure yet. I will think on this today.

    For some reason, I have quite a few friends who are 9s. I say "for some reason" because I feel like my personality clashes with 9ness. The thing I notice about them is that denial plays a huge role in their lives (i.e. denying unpleasant feelings, denying reality). They also very easily take on the identity/worldview of those around them that they want to preserve a relationship with no matter how absurd or departed from reality those views are. They think of it as being "flexible" and see others as "rigid" for not doing so. Can you relate to any of this so far?
    The bold is most relate-able for me, I do sometimes take on the interaction style of my friends when I'm talking to them (more playful with playful people, more rough with rough people, etc) although the parts of me that always stay the same stick with me too. But yeah, there's that. I don't really mesh with any views though; I just carry mine with me and determine whether they're worth arguing for or not depending on how strongly I feel about it. Sometimes someone will say something and I just won't say anything because I just think it's not worth the time or effort. Other times I'll get into a debate and try to completely shut them down, but that's a lot more rare because there are a few select things I deem worthy making a fuss about.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I think there'll be quite a few people that will disagree with me here but I'm going with 8 for you.

    All I want to know is "when the shit comes down" what is Chanaynay going to do? What is your trigger? Yes, you want peace and social niceties...but when you are pushed too far I believe you will stand your ground and fight.
    Hmm, the problem is 7 is a core assertive type too, so is that just me being a 7? You're definitely right about the 2nd line- I'm just not sure how much it applies to having an 8 fix.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Heh.

    Also, I guess the stuff I posted on the first page would really only be helpful for figuring out your core, if anything, huh.
    Yeah I thought that too. Because with 7 and 2 in my tritype, I definitely relate more to the positive outlook stuff than the reactive stuff. And as a core 7 I'm gonna also relate to assertive>withdrawn too. But it is useful to some extent, I just don't know how when it comes to gut fixes. It could be like, image types and how you go about your self-worth, head types and how you map your way through the world, and gut types and how you respond to your environment (this just me hypothesizing haha)? In that sense...hm, both assertive OR withdrawn work actually! Because I sometimes can unintentionally command all the control in my environment just by being me, but then other times I'll retreat and observe and only respond rather than direct. I'm more go-with-the-flow by nature though.

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    - My anger is a measurable and very real part of my daily life. It motivates me, or de-motivates me, depending.. but it is not something I can avoid. I'm an angry person. This isn't to be confused for being unhealthy.. I clearly don't go around yelling at people all the time, or losing my temper at any one thing. But controlling my anger was something I had to learn at a young age, and I struggled with it growing up. Usually I'll pick up trash not because "Oh, yay, I'm helping the environment! and I wouldn't want to see litter around... " but more "What an ass, throwing this cup on the ground. Fuck him or her."
    Well I'm definitely the reverse here. If I pick up trash, it's because it makes me sad that people treat the environment so terribly so I do what I can to try to make the world a better place. It is in part to make up for that dick's actions, but more the other thing.

    - The only thing more motivating than my anger is my feeling of needing to be in control.
    This is the complete opposite of me - I really do not like to be the top dog leading everything and in control of everything. It puts too much negative emotion in me and too much responsibility I don't want. Having people constantly look to me for guidance, while flattering, honestly sounds awful to me. I can offer words of advice sometimes but I don't want to mother anyone around or anything. I'd rather people just do whatever they want and let me do what I want. Getting control just sounds unpleasant to me.

    - Challenges come in all forms. I am very competitive--with myself.. not so much with others.
    I cut myself too much slack. I actually need other people around me to motivate me to get going honestly. This is providing me a lot of good info.

    - I have resting bitchy face. That's apparently a thing, and I definitely have it. (Note: this has nothing to do with anything.)
    Wear it with pride!

    Thanks for all the juicy first-hand experience info.

    Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Interesting starry. Would 9w8 be like a good middle ground? I see what you mean, Chan about your extra extroversion. It's more of a direct drive you have than me, which seems to be a good argument for something 8-ish in there. I've seen you take hard stances and react when something comes up, but not being able to recall the last time you really got angry makes me think 9w8 might be more likely. I read 9w8 called 'the mountain' before. So maybe that isn't 'forward' enough gut energy...8w9?
    It's interesting that I have 3 votes for 9w8 and 0 for 9w1, while I have 0 for 8w9 but 2 for 8w7. So hypothetically I might be on the 9w8/8w7 spectrum. Although I'd be interested in hearing why for both, since right now I'm at 9w1 still.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    What do you fear more Chanaynay...being controlled or being separated?
    I'm not sure really, both sound terrible. The only fears I really don't relate to at all are 1, 3 (kind of - I do like to feel valuable), and 5. 9 and 8 are pretty much tied for me. I fear separation from others and my whole environment being estranged, but I also fear being controlled and having decisions made for me. But to be fair, I've also unknowingly had decisions made for me and when I found out I wouldn't really react at all because I wouldn't care that much. Being manipulated sounds much worse to me, because it's like making me betray myself. On the flip side, when my friends are all estranged and people aren't getting along I try to mediate and keep things connected.

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    ^^I guess I should add that...if Chanaynay was a 729 and a social dom...I would expect him to never react to much really. I can't explain what I have seen of him with merely an 8 wing of a fix. He's still quite young and he's pretty dominant/forceful...and I actually would expect him to become moreso as he ages... but that's just my take on things.
    Maybe! I'm surprised you think that of the bold part. People sometimes I can be a pretty dominant person even when I don't think so myself. It's weird how I can surprise myself sometimes. For 8, what wing would you say for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_X View Post
    omg chandler i don't think i ever came to a conclusion!! or if i did i might have forgotten it! haha ahhh awesome now i'm going to b obsessed with this shiz again!

    i gots no answers for you man. :/
    Lemme know how it goes! Start a thread maybe??

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    My vote is for 729, my friend.
    I think you are much more nice than that, as in you are assertive - but not necessarily confrontational by default.
    This is definitely true.

    Everyone I know who is 7w8, or 8w7 is very much OK with the concept of "This is how shit is going to be, because I'm busy and you're not the boss of me."
    Mmm, yes. I'm a lot more free flowing than this.

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    I think you're just a really extraverted extravert, and that's just who you are. And you're a 729 at the same time, I think. I've just never really seen any 8ish "control" out of you. You seem to roll with the situation and adjust accordingly and respond and be happy and wish and want and dream.
    I'm starting to think this too.

    But of course I do not know you IRL so those are just my internet-mediated impressions.
    Like Elfboy said, you were pretty on-point!

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    he's the same on camera =)
    @Chanaynay
    you could just be mistaking the natural assertiveness of core 7 for an 8 fix
    I think this could be the case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I'm afraid I'd have to see you in some lascivious poses to make a call on your gut fix. Sorry, babe.
    Better get ready then, babe. I've been feeling pretty sensual lately and I might have to lay a big one on you sometime.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so


Similar Threads

  1. Ok, ok. I'll reluctantly admit it. I think I need help w/ my gut fix
    By Evolving Transparency in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 02:51 PM
  2. My Gut-Fix: 9 or 1?
    By Stansmith in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 12:45 AM
  3. My typology system: 2 Letter Code instead of 4 letter
    By yenom in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 11:08 PM
  4. [MBTItm] Who wants to be a part of my story?
    By Chimerical in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-01-2010, 02:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO