• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could my gut fix be 8 instead of 9?

What is Chanaynay's gut fix?

• 8w7

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 8w9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9w8

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • 9w1

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
omg chandler i don't think i ever came to a conclusion!! or if i did i might have forgotten it! haha ahhh awesome now i'm going to b obsessed with this shiz again!

i gots no answers for you man. :/

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My vote is for 729, my friend. :yes:
Everyone I know who is 7w8, or 8w7 is very much OK with the concept of "This is how shit is going to be, because I'm busy and you're not the boss of me." :shock:
I'm not saying that's necessarily the right way to be; I'm just tagging it as a default mindset.
I think you are much more nice than that, as in you are assertive - but not necessarily confrontational by default.
If there is any ambiguity in the midst of my surroundings the first thing I'll do is recalibrate things as it makes sense to me for them to be, and in my case part of that is ensuring that the greater good of all is being realized. If all is cool, I'm glad to sit back and enjoy the ride - but if not, well - you know. :newwink:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think you're just a really extraverted extravert, and that's just who you are. And you're a 729 at the same time, I think. I've just never really seen any 8ish "control" out of you. You seem to roll with the situation and adjust accordingly and respond and be happy and wish and want and dream.

But of course I do not know you IRL so those are just my internet-mediated impressions. :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're just a really extraverted extravert, and that's just who you are. And you're a 729 at the same time, I think. I've just never really seen any 8ish "control" out of you. You seem to roll with the situation and adjust accordingly and respond and be happy and wish and want and dream.
But of course I do not know you IRL so those are just my internet-mediated impressions. :)
he's the same on camera =)
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION]
you could just be mistaking the natural assertiveness of core 7 for an 8 fix

Nicodemus

I'm afraid I'd have to see you in some lascivious poses to make a call on your gut fix. Sorry, babe.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Everyone I know who is 7w8, or 8w7 is very much OK with the concept of "This is how shit is going to be, because I'm busy and you're not the boss of me." :shock:

:yes:

If I'm allowed to be the one to make a decision, I always want to because it benefits me the most to make that decision. When I'm dating someone I tend to get overly indecisive not because I lack a decision in my head--but because I know it's a little selfish behavior of mine normally and I want to ensure I give them ample opportunity to stick their own decisions in there..

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

:yes:

If I'm allowed to be the one to make a decision, I always want to because it benefits me the most to make that decision. When I'm dating someone I tend to get overly indecisive not because I lack a decision in my head--but because I know it's a little selfish behavior of mine normally and I want to ensure I give them ample opportunity to stick their own decisions in there..

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm, interesting! I'm not sure yet. I will think on this today.

For some reason, I have quite a few friends who are 9s. I say "for some reason" because I feel like my personality clashes with 9ness. The thing I notice about them is that denial plays a huge role in their lives (i.e. denying unpleasant feelings, denying reality). They also very easily take on the identity/worldview of those around them that they want to preserve a relationship with no matter how absurd or departed from reality those views are. They think of it as being "flexible" and see others as "rigid" for not doing so. Can you relate to any of this so far?

The bold is most relate-able for me, I do sometimes take on the interaction style of my friends when I'm talking to them (more playful with playful people, more rough with rough people, etc) although the parts of me that always stay the same stick with me too. :shrug: But yeah, there's that. I don't really mesh with any views though; I just carry mine with me and determine whether they're worth arguing for or not depending on how strongly I feel about it. Sometimes someone will say something and I just won't say anything because I just think it's not worth the time or effort. Other times I'll get into a debate and try to completely shut them down, but that's a lot more rare because there are a few select things I deem worthy making a fuss about.

I think there'll be quite a few people that will disagree with me here but I'm going with 8 for you.

All I want to know is "when the shit comes down" what is Chanaynay going to do? What is your trigger? Yes, you want peace and social niceties...but when you are pushed too far I believe you will stand your ground and fight.

Hmm, the problem is 7 is a core assertive type too, so is that just me being a 7? :thinking: You're definitely right about the 2nd line- I'm just not sure how much it applies to having an 8 fix.

Heh.

Also, I guess the stuff I posted on the first page would really only be helpful for figuring out your core, if anything, huh.

Yeah I thought that too. :D Because with 7 and 2 in my tritype, I definitely relate more to the positive outlook stuff than the reactive stuff. And as a core 7 I'm gonna also relate to assertive>withdrawn too. But it is useful to some extent, I just don't know how when it comes to gut fixes. :shrug: It could be like, image types and how you go about your self-worth, head types and how you map your way through the world, and gut types and how you respond to your environment (this just me hypothesizing haha)? In that sense...hm, both assertive OR withdrawn work actually! Because I sometimes can unintentionally command all the control in my environment just by being me, but then other times I'll retreat and observe and only respond rather than direct. I'm more go-with-the-flow by nature though.

- My anger is a measurable and very real part of my daily life. It motivates me, or de-motivates me, depending.. but it is not something I can avoid. I'm an angry person. This isn't to be confused for being unhealthy.. I clearly don't go around yelling at people all the time, or losing my temper at any one thing. But controlling my anger was something I had to learn at a young age, and I struggled with it growing up. Usually I'll pick up trash not because "Oh, yay, I'm helping the environment! and I wouldn't want to see litter around... " but more "What an ass, throwing this cup on the ground. Fuck him or her."

Well I'm definitely the reverse here. :laugh: If I pick up trash, it's because it makes me sad that people treat the environment so terribly so I do what I can to try to make the world a better place. It is in part to make up for that dick's actions, but more the other thing.

- The only thing more motivating than my anger is my feeling of needing to be in control.

This is the complete opposite of me - I really do not like to be the top dog leading everything and in control of everything. It puts too much negative emotion in me and too much responsibility I don't want. Having people constantly look to me for guidance, while flattering, honestly sounds awful to me. I can offer words of advice sometimes but I don't want to mother anyone around or anything. I'd rather people just do whatever they want and let me do what I want. Getting control just sounds unpleasant to me.

- Challenges come in all forms. I am very competitive--with myself.. not so much with others.

I cut myself too much slack. :D I actually need other people around me to motivate me to get going honestly. This is providing me a lot of good info.

- I have resting bitchy face. That's apparently a thing, and I definitely have it. (Note: this has nothing to do with anything.)

:laugh: Wear it with pride!

Thanks for all the juicy first-hand experience info. :hug:

Interesting starry. Would 9w8 be like a good middle ground? I see what you mean, Chan about your extra extroversion. It's more of a direct drive you have than me, which seems to be a good argument for something 8-ish in there. I've seen you take hard stances and react when something comes up, but not being able to recall the last time you really got angry makes me think 9w8 might be more likely. I read 9w8 called 'the mountain' before. So maybe that isn't 'forward' enough gut energy...8w9?

It's interesting that I have 3 votes for 9w8 and 0 for 9w1, while I have 0 for 8w9 but 2 for 8w7. So hypothetically I might be on the 9w8/8w7 spectrum. Although I'd be interested in hearing why for both, since right now I'm at 9w1 still.

What do you fear more Chanaynay...being controlled or being separated?

I'm not sure really, both sound terrible. :( The only fears I really don't relate to at all are 1, 3 (kind of - I do like to feel valuable), and 5. 9 and 8 are pretty much tied for me. I fear separation from others and my whole environment being estranged, but I also fear being controlled and having decisions made for me. But to be fair, I've also unknowingly had decisions made for me and when I found out I wouldn't really react at all because I wouldn't care that much. Being manipulated sounds much worse to me, because it's like making me betray myself. On the flip side, when my friends are all estranged and people aren't getting along I try to mediate and keep things connected. :shrug:

^^I guess I should add that...if Chanaynay was a 729 and a social dom...I would expect him to never react to much really. I can't explain what I have seen of him with merely an 8 wing of a fix. He's still quite young and he's pretty dominant/forceful...and I actually would expect him to become moreso as he ages... but that's just my take on things.

:D Maybe! I'm surprised you think that of the bold part. People sometimes I can be a pretty dominant person even when I don't think so myself. It's weird how I can surprise myself sometimes. For 8, what wing would you say for me?

omg chandler i don't think i ever came to a conclusion!! or if i did i might have forgotten it! haha ahhh awesome now i'm going to b obsessed with this shiz again!

i gots no answers for you man. :/

Lemme know how it goes! Start a thread maybe??

My vote is for 729, my friend. :yes:
I think you are much more nice than that, as in you are assertive - but not necessarily confrontational by default.

This is definitely true. :yes:

Everyone I know who is 7w8, or 8w7 is very much OK with the concept of "This is how shit is going to be, because I'm busy and you're not the boss of me."

Mmm, yes. I'm a lot more free flowing than this. :laugh:

I'm starting to think this too. :)

Like Elfboy said, you were pretty on-point! :wubbie:

he's the same on camera =)
you could just be mistaking the natural assertiveness of core 7 for an 8 fix

I think this could be the case.

I'm afraid I'd have to see you in some lascivious poses to make a call on your gut fix. Sorry, babe.

Better get ready then, babe. I've been feeling pretty sensual lately and I might have to lay a big one on you sometime. :smooch:

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
9s can get angry

ENFPS in general are gentle as fuck. Believe me I have tried in the past to make enfps yelll and scream and they are seemingly incapable, or completely averse to it.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm inclined to agree with the others in this thread here, in that I've never seen you actively trying to control everything. You're also not that reactive, and I get this sense that you adapt to everything and the way you deal with people is more diplomatic.

You don't really sass people out like [MENTION=6109]Halla74[/MENTION]. You mirror [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] (I know she's 6w7 but it's just my observation) more.

Edit: To that follow up question in Skype about 9w8 vs 9w1:

I know of a 9w8 and a 9w1.

The 9w8 is more territorial and sensory. He doesn't seek confrontation, preferring to use pacifist methods first, but when the push comes to the shove, he's assertive. For the most part, he's languid about mostly everything until his space (i.e. his room, computer, phone, whatever) gets invaded upon, where he gets angry and tells people to back off.

The 9w1 is more... fantastical. He's not as territorial or sensory, preferring to default to the way he views things. He sees the environment according to his ideals, and because of that, he can be quite judgmental and pick the things out that are not right. If his ideals are violated, he will get angry and he'd tell people off.

They're both similar in the sense that while most things piss them off, they try not to let it get to them, preferring to "let it slide" because they "don't have the energy for this" and that they want to maintain their inner peace.

Starry

Hmm, the problem is 7 is a core assertive type too, so is that just me being a 7? :thinking: You're definitely right about the 2nd line- I'm just not sure how much it applies to having an 8 fix.

This is the complete opposite of me - I really do not like to be the top dog leading everything and in control of everything. It puts too much negative emotion in me and too much responsibility I don't want. Having people constantly look to me for guidance, while flattering, honestly sounds awful to me. I can offer words of advice sometimes but I don't want to mother anyone around or anything. I'd rather people just do whatever they want and let me do what I want. Getting control just sounds unpleasant to me.

I'm not sure really, both sound terrible. :( The only fears I really don't relate to at all are 1, 3 (kind of - I do like to feel valuable), and 5. 9 and 8 are pretty much tied for me. I fear separation from others and my whole environment being estranged, but I also fear being controlled and having decisions made for me. But to be fair, I've also unknowingly had decisions made for me and when I found out I wouldn't really react at all because I wouldn't care that much. Being manipulated sounds much worse to me, because it's like making me betray myself. On the flip side, when my friends are all estranged and people aren't getting along I try to mediate and keep things connected. :shrug:

:D Maybe! I'm surprised you think that of the bold part. People sometimes I can be a pretty dominant person even when I don't think so myself. It's weird how I can surprise myself sometimes. For 8, what wing would you say for me?

Whoops, sorry C for not responding right away...

When I wrote down 8...I absolutely knew that no one would agree...that everyone...and I mean everyone...that you called to the thread would be coming on here to cast their vote for 9 (I actually said something to that effect right? haha...I don't rem but I said something I think...)

Here's what I can say...
I 100% believe you are an 8. I do not believe an 8 fix is going to manifest itself in a person...especially when that person is an Ne dom x 1000 ENFP 7w6 so/sx heavy 2 fix... in the same way as it would an ENTJ core 8...or hell even an ENFP core 8. By this I mean...having an 8 fix... with your line-up...isn't going to somehow turn you into a Mafia Don. I'm looking at the 8 fear...I'm looking at your level of energy and extrovertion and individualism...and I'm comparing/contrasting all of that with those same aspects at point 9. And when I work through the math of it...the sum of it is... I do not see you as someone that could merge...or blend-in with anything haha. You have a strong identity. You have presence. And you have slight pushiness about you... you love to challenge things...just like you are doing in this thread.

Do I think I could convince you of this though? No. Am I attached to you seeing things my way? Sometimes I will fight the uphill battle if I feel it is something that would benefit the person to know...but you will be absolutely the same whether you have 8 or 9 listed as your gut fix...and so I think you should go with 9.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Whoops, sorry C for not responding right away...

When I wrote down 8...I absolutely knew that no one would agree...that everyone...and I mean everyone...that you called to the thread would be coming on here to cast their vote for 9 (I actually said something to that effect right? haha...I don't rem but I said something I think...)

You did, something along those lines. :D Us poor ENFPs can't be bothered to go back 2 or 3 pages to check though.

Here's what I can say...
I 100% believe you are an 8. I do not believe an 8 fix is going to manifest itself in a person...especially when that person is an Ne dom x 1000 ENFP 7w6 so/sx heavy 2 fix... in the same way as it would an ENTJ core 8...or hell even an ENFP core 8. By this I mean...having an 8 fix... with your line-up...isn't going to somehow turn you into a Mafia Don. I'm looking at the 8 fear...I'm looking at your level of energy and extrovertion and individualism...and I'm comparing/contrasting all of that with those same aspects at point 9. And when I work through the math of it...the sum of it is... I do not see you as someone that could merge...or blend-in with anything haha. You have a strong identity. You have presence. And you have slight pushiness about you... you love to challenge things...just like you are doing in this thread.

All good points, right now I'm still sitting at 8/9 (as indicated by my sig) but this is definitely making me actually start to think of 8 more seriously. I know 7s have strong identity and presence as well, but the pushiness, love of challenge, and lack of merging/blending in with anything are reasonable imo. I'm impressed that you see all this in me, since I always feel like I just give off of the impression that I'm stereotypical E7 being all bubbly happy sunshine haha. Maybe any conflict or challenges I express in public I sort of omit from my mind. :thinking:

Do I think I could convince you of this though? No. Am I attached to you seeing things my way? Sometimes I will fight the uphill battle if I feel it is something that would benefit the person to know...but you will be absolutely the same whether you have 8 or 9 listed as your gut fix...and so I think you should go with 9.

Well, you're being very convincing right now dear. :wink:

What say you for 8w7 vs 8w9?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]
you can't be serious. 7s with an 8 fix are ruthless, acquisitive, rough-around-the-edges and usually competitive. [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] is gentle as a lamb and a cuddly ball of enthusiasm (just look at all his avatars and signatures. SOOO not 8 fixed :laugh: )

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you withdrawn (When problems arise, do you tend to withdraw into your own head, using logic or emotions?)
Or assertive (When problems arise, do you address them assertively to get what you want?)
core 7 is already an assertive type

Are you reactive (You get very volatile and reactive under stress?)
Or optimistic (You try to see the silver lining of a situation under stress and keep an optimistic outlook?
Which of these do you relate more to?
You have a compulsive need to control situations that you're in.
When serious problems arise, you tend to withdraw into your head to find inner peace. Conflict wears on you.
core 7 is already optimistic (though Chan is a triple dose of optimistic. he makes me look 6w5/8w9 sometimes lol)

Starry

you can't be serious.

Oh but I am...

278, 782, 827 - The Free Spirit: You like to use your charming, sunny disposition to create an upbeat, positive, and action-packed environment. You are also very nurturing to those in your circle of care. Your life mission is to be an instrument of change, transforming difficult situations into moments of inspiration. A true free spirit, you are happiest when you are on the go and helping others to learn to act on their own behalf. Your blind spot is that you can be so focused on keeping everything positive and honest that you can be too aggressive and fail to recognize the importance of difficult emotions. You also keep busy and in motion to avoid painful feelings. Your growing edge is to recognize that your need to always be postivie, upbeat, and free can limit your ability to self reflect and fully be yourself. True happiness and joy come from being present to your higher self and experiencing all of your emotions.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh but I am...

I'm not a huge fan of the Fauvres. they would have me typed as 8w7 (like, the posterchild 8w7)
Edit: in fact, they type almost everyone who is assertive as an 8.
the important thing is that you have to look at each of the types in the tritype individual as well, and Chanz doesn't have a drop of 8

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
you can't be serious. 7s with an 8 fix are ruthless, acquisitive, rough-around-the-edges and usually competitive. [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] is gentle as a lamb and a cuddly ball of enthusiasm (just look at all his avatars and signatures. SOOO not 8 fixed :laugh: )

You think I'm cuddly? Aww boo boo. :wubbie:

Oh but I am...

Because I love you, I shall bold the parts I relate to. :heart:

278, 782, 827 - The Free Spirit: You like to use your charming, sunny disposition to create an upbeat, positive, and action-packed environment. You are also very nurturing to those in your circle of care. Your life mission is to be an instrument of change, transforming difficult situations into moments of inspiration. A true free spirit, you are happiest when you are on the go and helping others to learn to act on their own behalf. Your blind spot is that you can be so focused on keeping everything positive and honest that you can be too aggressive and fail to recognize the importance of difficult emotions. You also keep busy and in motion to avoid painful feelings. Your growing edge is to recognize that your need to always be postivie, upbeat, and free can limit your ability to self reflect and fully be yourself. True happiness and joy come from being present to your higher self and experiencing all of your emotions.

[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] told me this sounded like my mom (who I believe is 2w3>8w7>6w7) and there were a few parts that actually sounded like her. The part about being too aggressive and failing to recognize difficult emotions especially. But I've never really experienced that problem before. While my mom has a harder time grasping onto people dwelling in their negative emotions and exploring them, I was always the one trying to teach her how to do that because it's what I needed to do and what I do with other people. I think I'm also more self-reflective and more aware of my own negatives than this describes. Perhaps I'm a healthier version of this maybe. :wink: But either way, I don't relate to becoming more self-reflective and more "myself" when becoming healthier. Positivity restricting being myself especially - since I view myself as naturally positive so I don't see it as an inhibiting factor other than for reasons which are also applicable to 729s. Most changes I've noticed in me as I've become healthier is that I've learned to stand up for myself a lot more and not fear confrontation. I'm still on the path to growth though, as I need to learn to be more focused (I'm procrastinating right now haha) and other things but that's the progress pretty much so far.