• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Secret ENFP? YOU decide!

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I wanted to make a new "type me" video for quite some time now (the last one was posted 3 or 4 years ago), but I told myself I had to at least surpass 1000 posts before I could even hope for people here to have a vague opinion of me. Well, I have surpassed 1000, and so I'm doing it!

One of my IRL friends who knows typology keeps telling me I'm ENFP, but I am open to any suggestions. Excuse this video, when I get excited I use the word "like" a lot (something I really need to work on) and also I tend to squeal. Also, it cuts off abruptly, because I cut out a 5 minute tangent about this janitor I once met. :shrug:

yeghor

Your style reminds me of:

Are you like this outside as well or only at home or among friends?

Sent via Tapatalk

S

Stansmith

You vibe more ENFP based on the video. You kind of remind me of my therapist, lol.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Definitely ENFP! You're crazy. :D
Btw, have you ever watched other INFPs doing typing video? :newwink:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
How do you act at parties? How were you more like at high school? What do you daydream of becoming nowadays?

High School: I barely graduated. I wasn't a "bad kid" per se, but I was extremely silly, and would get really fired up in class discussions. Even if I hadn't done the readings, I'd still find a way to fake my through the discussion. That being said, I found studying and homework to be impossible. I had to take grade 11 math twice. I got put in Special Ed. when I was 16. I got kicked out of my chemistry class for being careless in the lab, I got a 19% in Physics, and I got a D in political science. However when our school had a Social Science Quiz Challenge, my friend and I formed a team and beat the teachers. It was nice, because one of the teachers on the team told me I wasn't made to study University Level Subjects like politics.

I opened a a little business at my school, where I would write "legends" for people, which were just dramatized stories of their high school life with mythology and classic literature woven in. It was a dollar a story. I didn't sell many, maybe 30, but the teachers really liked them, and let me perform the stories in their classes (Even my trig teacher let me). When teachers let me do this kind of stuff for schoolwork, it helped me immeasurably. However, I once wrote a little pamphlet on why our new principal Mr. Vanderwall was a Soviet Dictator, entitled "The Communist Vanifesto", and I got in a bit of trouble when a copy found its way on his desk.

Socially, I started off high school with just my one INTP buddy, but soon we attracted a swarm of social rejects, and the place we sat in the cafeteria served as like a refugee camp for outcasts. My friend was fond of calling it the Island of Misfit Toys. I didn't go to parties much (wasn't invited), but I'd hang out with my friends pretty regularly. Most cool guys considered me to be a "fag" for not wearing steel-toed boots and flannel 24/7 (I'm from Rural Canada).

Daydreams: I daydream a lot these days, but I don't know how I'm going to accomplish my goals, since I was booted out of University for poor performance (I get one A for every 3 F's), and have handled my finances disastrously. I want to either be a teacher, a therapist/counsellor, some sort of performer, a journalist, and just between you and me, I REALLY want to write Children's books. It's probably my favourite genre.:blush: I think I'd be a good teacher, because I'm good at explaining things to people with funny metaphors that relate to their interests and life experience. And I love speaking in front of groups of people.

At work: my favourite thing to do is dress up in crazy costumes, read stories and play games with kids. I have a hard time with the more routine aspect of working in a bookstore, like organizing and shelving books. It's very tedious work. Whenever something weird happens, like a book is missing or a customer is super picky, people come to me. I like handling the unusual cases, it's my specialty. I enjoy doing things other people claim is too hard. A lot of people at work tell me their life stories, and ask me for relationship help, even though I've never had a successful relationship in my life.

Parties: Well it's hard at parties sometimes because the music drowns me out. I'm not a party animal, in the sense that I'm uncomfortable getting blackout drunk and dancing at clubs. If it's a party where people are talking or playing games, I'm usually one of the most extraverted. I like when older people (older than me) have parties, because it's less about dryhumping to terrible music, and more about storytelling/discussion. I definitely prefer reading to clubbing. I have read like 300 books (including picture books, so don't be too impressed) in the last two years, and have gone to maybe 2 clubs. :blush:

You vibe more ENFP based on the video. You kind of remind me of my therapist, lol.

I'm so sorry that your therapist acts like that. I hope he lets you get a word in edgewise! :D

Definitely ENFP! You're crazy. :D
Btw, have you ever watched other INFPs doing typing video? :newwink:

:) Well, I've watched some people on this forum do the videos, but I haven't really watched the people on Youtube. Do you think it's a good way to self-type?

I just wanted to thank you guys for your interest :)

yeghor

High School: I barely graduated. I wasn't a "bad kid" per se, but I was extremely silly, and would get really fired up in class discussions. Even if I hadn't done the readings, I'd still find a way to fake my through the discussion.

So you'd bullshit your way out...:D

That being said, I found studying and homework to be impossible. I had to take grade 11 math twice. I got put in Special Ed. when I was 16. I got kicked out of my chemistry class for being careless in the lab, I got a 19% in Physics, and I got a D in political science. However when our school had a Social Science Quiz Challenge, my friend and I formed a team and beat the teachers. It was nice, because one of the teachers on the team told me I wasn't made to study University Level Subjects like politics.

You may have some kind of attention deficit disorder...which can perhaps be manageable thru medicine...

Socially, I started off high school with just my one INTP buddy, but soon we attracted a swarm of social rejects, and the place we sat in the cafeteria served as like a refugee camp for outcasts. My friend was fond of calling it the Island of Misfit Toys. I didn't go to parties much (wasn't invited), but I'd hang out with my friends pretty regularly. Most cool guys considered me to be a "fag" for not wearing steel-toed boots and flannel 24/7 (I'm from Rural Canada).

You mean the ESxxs...Why is high-school such a cruel and violent place...:mad:

Daydreams:I think I'd be a good teacher, because I'm good at explaining things to people with funny metaphors that relate to their interests and life experience. And I love speaking in front of groups of people.

At work: my favourite thing to do is dress up in crazy costumes, read stories and play games with kids. I have a hard time with the more routine aspect of working in a bookstore, like organizing and shelving books. It's very tedious work.Whenever something weird happens, like a book is missing or a customer is super picky, people come to me. I like handling the unusual cases, it's my specialty. I enjoy doing things other people claim is too hard.

Parties: Well it's hard at parties sometimes because the music drowns me out. I'm not a party animal, in the sense that I'm uncomfortable getting blackout drunk and dancing at clubs. If it's a party where people are talking or playing games, I'm usually one of the most extraverted. I like when older people (older than me) have parties, because it's less about dryhumping to terrible music, and more about storytelling/discussion. I definitely prefer reading to clubbing. I have read like 300 books (including picture books, so don't be too impressed) in the last two years, and have gone to maybe 2 clubs. :blush:

This means you are not a Se-dom or Se-aux...

I guess you are an ENFP...my sister is one I guess...And, you may have a childish-INFJ hidden somewhere inside of you as well...

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
High School: I barely graduated. I wasn't a "bad kid" per se, but I was extremely silly, and would get really fired up in class discussions. Even if I hadn't done the readings, I'd still find a way to fake my through the discussion. That being said, I found studying and homework to be impossible. I had to take grade 11 math twice. I got put in Special Ed. when I was 16. I got kicked out of my chemistry class for being careless in the lab, I got a 19% in Physics, and I got a D in political science. However when our school had a Social Science Quiz Challenge, my friend and I formed a team and beat the teachers. It was nice, because one of the teachers on the team told me I wasn't made to study University Level Subjects like politics.

:) Well, I've watched some people on this forum do the videos, but I haven't really watched the people on Youtube. Do you think it's a good way to self-type?

I just wanted to thank you guys for your interest :)

The above is exactly how I felt during my school time. I didn't come prepared but I always managed it to somehow get a good grade. :D I also have an ENFP friend who had the same struggles.
You're most likely an ENFP 7w6. I mistyped myself as INFP as well at first, but then I got to know 2 of them and they were not like me. ENFPs are probably the most introverted E-types out there, so it makes sense why you could have mistyped yourself as INFP.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Another ENFP vote here. I have seen INFPs go into Ne primary mode, it seems like it's 'allowed' out, while you look like you're operating in it, totally different effect. Hah, I can see why people keep you around.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll vote ENFP 7w6 as well. You are really funny! :)

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Alright, I'm back from the book mines!

The above is exactly how I felt during my school time. I didn't come prepared but I always managed it to somehow get a good grade. :D I also have an ENFP friend who had the same struggles.
You're most likely an ENFP 7w6. I mistyped myself as INFP as well at first, but then I got to know 2 of them and they were not like me. ENFPs are probably the most introverted E-types out there, so it makes sense why you could have mistyped yourself as INFP.

Maybe I don't know much about 7's, but I never really thought of myself that way. I guess everyone else does though, people tend to describe me in a very 7ish light, even if they don't actually know types.

Another ENFP vote here. I have seen INFPs go into Ne primary mode, it seems like it's 'allowed' out, while you look like you're operating in it, totally different effect. Hah, I can see why people keep you around.

That's always been my problem with my INFP typing. I have oodles of Ne, and I have a hard time identifying with Fi. I just see myself as introverted, is all. Also, I'm the kind of guy who can make an argument for any point, whether I believe in it or not. I can see so many different ways of looking at things, that I find it hard to pin down my own beliefs. That doesn't seem very Fi-dom to me.

I'll vote ENFP 7w6 as well. You are really funny! :)

Duly noted. Also, thank you! I try a little too hard to be, so I'm glad you appreciated my efforts :newwink:

What about being a six do you relate to?

Well I'm neurotic, anxious, ingratiating, extremely self-deprecating, skeptical, I am very paranoid, I have fights with my friends that begin and end all inside my head--just very head-typey, you know? I don't feel cool/social enough to be 7w6. I guess 7 sounds so Se to me, and I really don't relate to Se. I'm not really a risk taker, or anything like that. I do risky things, but it's more of a result of me not realizing it was risky. I don't get off on danger. That being said, I don't know a lot about 7, because I never instantly related to it, and I just generally don't know a lot about the Enneagram.

One thing that does resonate with me, is that 7's avoid their problems. I definitely skate over/avoid my problems with cheery frivolity.

You may have some kind of attention deficit disorder...which can perhaps be manageable thru medicine...

Not the first time someone has suggested that to me, but I figured my mom would have noticed, considering she has studied LD's. She just thinks I'm flaky and undisciplined, a lazy underachiever.

You mean the ESxxs...Why is high-school such a cruel and violent place...:mad:

You preacher. Me choir.

I have been compared to him pretty frequently, not always in a nice way. :newwink: I personally really relate to him, and interestingly, he describes his early childhood self as VERY introverted.

This means you are not a Se-dom or Se-aux...

Yeah, I know ENFP's aren't Se types, but they seem to relate to Se much more than I do. I originally thought I was an INFJ, based on my utter lack of Se.

I guess you are an ENFP...my sister is one I guess...And, you may have a childish-INFJ hidden somewhere inside of you as well...

You don't sound convinced, about me OR your sister. :D Weird that you picked up on the INFJ vibe, but I really relate to INFJ too, actually.

yeghor

I just felt like it...:D

It's not me...but the ENFP in me...:)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

If you were an actual ENFP 6, you would certainly feel like a true introvert.