• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Test Results All Over the Place. ENTJ, INTJ, or INTP - which am I?

Reaper

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
I've been getting varying type results whenever I take tests (and I'm aware tests are not quite reliable). ENTJ, INTJ, and INTP are my more popular results, though there was a time when I did get ENTP and another when I got ISTP.

Anyway, here's the filled out questionnaire:

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Not at the moment. I'm a female (identify as one as well) and currently in junior high. I have seasonal affective disorder, but I don't believe it to be altering my state of mind in anyway at the moment.

1. Click on this link: Explore Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
https://flic.kr/p/mvhGkP
I especially like this image. The mood is particularly interesting, some kind of eerie calmness. I also take note of the fact that the area surrounding and including the lightning is of high quality and extremely clear, while towards the left of the image, towards the clouds, the image blurs and becomes slightly fuzzy. All I can say about this is that I like the effect. Overall, very beautiful picture

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Initially, I'd be hoping the problem would be easily fixed. However, if the issue dragged on for more than just a few minutes, I'd be a little pissed and perhaps stressed, but only if we had already paid for tickets to see the artist (at a concert, I mean).
If we had only driven and hadn't paid for anything, I wouldn't be so affected. I'd more be worried about the car, and looking to problem-solve as quickly as possible. If other people were already handling the issue, I'd probably just be sitting there useless or trying to calm down the people who were freaking out

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I would feel a bit unsure of whether or not I'd want to go. When it comes to events such as these, I like to plan out my time, so a random afterparty would fuck up my schedule. I'd be especially uncertain if it were late in the night. I'm also not that much of a social/party person. On the other hand, I'd want to go because it offers an opportunity to spend more time with my friends, and, seeing as I am extremely picky when it comes to such "labels", they'd mean a lot to me. Also, there may be missed opportunities on who the hell know what, but I'd still take it into consideration
At this point, I'd just let the problem solve itself and go with whatever my friends feel like. After all, majority rules.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I'd be internally debating over whether or not I should get involved. If I did, I'd simply just ask why they would make such a claim and request some kind of logical reasoning for why they would believe so. If I chose not to get involved, I'd just shut up and focus on something else. It mostly depends on who the friend is.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I wouldn't fuss over it too much. This is a fairly broad question, so I'll answer it vaguely. There's a reason why they're my previous beliefs. I'll move on.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I highly value intelligence, loyalty, and honesty. As a born and raised perfectionist, intelligence has always mattered greatly to me. It's a bit hard for me to respect people who are ignorant of intelligence or are just plain stupid. Plus, I love learning when the topic is right. As for loyalty, though I'm pretty open regarding a lot of so-called "personal matters", I still don't trust easily when it comes to emotional issues I may face. I also have a very select group of friends as a result. Lastly, honesty is important to me as I simply don't want a liar around me. I myself rarely lie unnecessarily.
I very much doubt that these three values would change, but if they were to, I'd have to be exposed to an entirely new environment with entirely new people.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else?
Not all that sure as I don't take the time to really get to know people, but a few possibilities may be my bluntness and honesty, the fact that I am usually very self-aware, and/or my apathy.

b) If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be? Why?
I'd change the fact that I am not very social.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
My hunches are usually correct, so I go with them for the most part. However, there are times when I doubt them - and then it goes bad.
They can be triggered in a variety of situations, to be honest. There's no particular type of event where my hunches or gut feelings arise.

9. a) What activities energize you most?

Activities in which I can solve problems that are challenging but not crazily complex enough to kill my brain.
I also love science, particularly chemistry, so working with elements or just learning science in general (or anything that I've been wanting to learn for an extremely long time) energizes me greatly.

b) What activities drain you most? Why?
Activities where I have to deal with people almost 24/7. It's even worse if they're not people I approve of. My energy also goes down dramatically if I'm doing very routine, monotonous work that's not difficult at all. I hate wasting time doing things that aren't particularly necessary to my life.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Usually, I make at least somewhat of an attempt not to be inappropriately cruel accidentally. I also try not to think far too much about the negatives and keep myself a little more upbeat than I would be normally (though there are certain people who I really don't give a shit about how I am with).

Notes ===
- I am very physically open. I don't mind hugs or hand-holding, unless the person who is initiating is not, er, clean. I also don't have much of a problem with punching people if I've already attempted to reason with them multiple times.
- When I was much younger, I believe I was a shy extrovert with extroverted feeling. I'm pretty certain that I no longer have Fe as an active function, but it's still fairly developed. I think a few traits still linger after the personality transition, though.
- I am a chameleon when it comes to social events. I don't always act myself, even around my friends, at least in person. I can be naive and generally nice, and then put on the "guy's guy" act pretty well, and then go to brooding and dark, and then maybe even become a complete rule-breaker and pull crazy-ass moves.
- I love leading. When it comes to teams and sometimes partnerships, I love to lead. It's a natural role for me. I also don’t really trust anyone else by myself to lead.
- I occasionally enjoy analyzing people and their personalities. I like to think that I'm good at reading people.
- I can empathize extremely well. I cry during movies if I relate to the character even just a little bit and the character is "enduring" something. It's pretty embarrassing. On the other hand, I don't empathize well with real people.
- Though I am more self-aware than most people that I know, when it comes to my health and my body, I can become a little careless. If I didn't live with my parents, I'd be eating whenever I'd feel hungry. If I'm too stressed or intensely working on an assignment, I just brush off hunger and keep working.
- I can't stand not being ambitious. There are a lot of things I want to do before I die.
- I don't really care for rules. I go with them as long as they make sense. Otherwise, I break them, unless I know for a fact the consequences would be absolutely terrible.
- I'm mostly neutral about topics, or just slightly pro/against things.

I'll add more if it comes to mind.

Thank you for reading.