• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

n00b to MBTI/Help This Teenage Dirtbag Out with Their Type

deftones

Alright, maybe I'm not that much of a n00b, knowing that I'm a little familiar with the basis of the Jungian system. It's funny...unlike most people, I have never taken an MBTI test. The results are way too static IMO.

Very basic summary--I am a 15 year old male in his freshman year of high school. Sometimes I feel like an old soul trapped in a boyish body. I cannot describe myself in one sentence; the intricacies of my mind and my artificial existence have leaped from different areas in which those areas just cannot be accurately summarized. Maybe I just did describe myself in one sentence, meh.

Childhood -- I was an odd child early on. I was tested positive for ADHD, unsurprisingly because I was extremely hyperactive up until age 8. After the hyperphase, my imagination grew considerably, and I started living in my own fantasy worlds. Imagined what it would be like if my favorite characters from cartoons were real. Made my own movies and drew outlines for major motion pictures. I also held strong interests occasionally, including video gaming, writing comic books/stories and one of my biggest interests, storm chasing (which developed into a more scientifically oriented interest in meteorology later on in my teens).
Up until age 10, my social skills and interests in socialization were pretty passive and I had a really naive nature. Way back in the day, like preschool, I apparently never gave thought to socialization. Maybe it was because I apparently learned how to read at like, age 3 (talk about mystic, not really). Later on, I started to feel loneliness on occasion, but was too deep in my fantasy worlds (or in the grip of ADHD, too busy cramming my face into piles of shit) to make an effort to socialize with people available. I did make some friends but they were only friends I was interested in, and those "friends" never were really my friends after all. I was transported to private school later on and actually started making friends, and being more comfortable with school (which I always naturally detested for some weird reason, maybe I hated separation at a young age). I was usually very quiet in class, but for an interesting reason...I feared getting in trouble. I hated getting in trouble because I knew a teacher would call me out on it, and for some reason I took it harshly. I was emotionally weak, and overly passive. I was afraid I would break in front of everyone. I dreaded the idea of that.
Funniest thing about this period of my life, I was all about delving into my interests and analyzing my perceptions of my imagination, and never engaged in my emotions. From what I can recall, I don't think I even realized I had emotions, and if I did, I would blow them out of proportion. Maybe ADHD triggered some meltdowns, I don't know. I remember I hit my mom a few times as a toddler. I'm just glad I wasn't put in a cage.

Teenhood--after flirting with my ADHD sides for the next two years (more of the PI variant) cramming myself into lalaland, one year, I think four years back, I got a laptop for christmas. I think I was 12 years old that year. (Just checked the history vault, yep, I was 12.) There, I found the glorious wonder called the "internet". A haven full of personal stories of how the "real world" operates. Browsing this database combined with rough and at times, abusive family ties, threw me into a different section of life. A different section of life, that made me see things differently. Not just seeing things differently, but feeling things differently. A part of me was scared about the "real world" and my journey in it. I was discovering new things about myself. It was a huge internal paradigm shift. But there were positive parts as well. I developed a small, but tight core of friends. This core helped me get through this rough period. My interests started expanding, including some forms of biology, psychology, computers and networking (I might get a degree/certification) cooking, and playing music (guitar&drums, the latter which I am really good at!). I overcame my stupid little fear of getting into "trouble" and opened up in class.
The following years my loneliness deepened, as a part of me became fascinated with the emotions of feeling infatuation and romance. I wanted to experience these emotions with someone and more importantly with someone I was attracted to. It's something that I still struggle with today, to a lesser degree, but my feelings can still obsess over this perception of love. Sometimes I'm ashamed of it. I rarely talk about it. However, I feel like the only area where I can confidently express my emotions is in an ideal relationship.

Today--I'm comfortable with the way things are, yet still longing for something more, and can't deny there have been some major missed opportunities. I used to plan my life out as a kid, however now I'm trying to just go with the flow. Though I still feel like I'm on some kind of quest.

Other shit about "myself":

*I have a tendency to delve deep into anything I perceive as interesting. Sometimes it's just enough to satisfy my curiosity, other times it's a part of me nagging for another occupation/hobby, or I'm just searching for fodder so I can make fun of the world's loose cracks. I got into baseball after watching my home team win the world series, and end up analyzing the fuck out of hardcore baseball statistics and looking at how physics and science affect baseball pitches. I guess I'm just a brainy little fuck.
*Around my core of friends or people I find interesting, I can actually be pretty outgoing and humorous. However, once I'm in my head I can become very quiet, monotone, and seem very calculating. I guess it usually depended on the day. My oddball middle school teacher compared me to to the left and right sides of the brain, claiming that I had a bi-personality (play on bi-polar).
*I have come to appreciate the little things in life, like the homemade big macs that I finally made last night, and this laptop I am typing on that I didn't pay for.
*I am very sarcastic/ironic and somewhat cynical in my sense of humor. A true comedic black heart. I fucking adore people like George Carlin and Bill Hicks, people making fun of the idiocies of life. Also props to people like Louis CK and the Opie and Anthony show/podcast. They have been inspirations to my comedic side and were a breath of fresh air during my rough period of the ages 13-14.
When I'm joking around, I go with the flow and it's really random/associative thinking as in one thing may lead to the next. However every part of my humor must actually make sense or be logically accurate.
*I have a really weird perception system. I'm still having trouble explaining it. It's like my imagination is a library of internal environments. I can get pretty sentimental here.

Well, I think that's it. Enneagram sounds pretty cool too. Okay, analyse away!

á´…eparted

passages
It's difficult, if not impossible to determine ones true type at only 15. The brain develops until your mid 20's, and that is around the time when personality begins to settle. It took me until this year (I'm 24) to figure out what my true type is, and a major issue is I was still growing as a person and coming into core parts of myself.

Not trying to discourage, some folks can figure out their types early and they end up being correct, but I am of the opinion that 15 is just too young for it to be trusted.

deftones

It's difficult, if not impossible to determine ones true type at only 15. The brain develops until your mid 20's, and that is around the time when personality begins to settle. It took me until this year (I'm 24) to figure out what my true type is, and a major issue is I was still growing as a person and coming into core parts of myself.

Not trying to discourage, some folks can figure out their types early and they end up being correct, but I am of the opinion that 15 is just too young for it to be trusted.

Idk, I read that auxiliary functions develop around early teenhood, which is where I am at now. A developed auxiliary along with the dominant seems like enough for a type estimate. But what do I know. I only just got into this stuff :p

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=21204]deftones[/MENTION]
you seem 7w6 to me (probably Self Preservation/Sexual)

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTx or just intelligent :p

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Idk, I read that auxiliary functions develop around early teenhood, which is where I am at now. A developed auxiliary along with the dominant seems like enough for a type estimate. But what do I know. I only just got into this stuff :p

You sound like an INTJ lol

But yeah. You can figure out certain parts at your age, just not the whole thing. But you can sure try, and learn a lot about yourself in the process. Have you taken a test yet? What were the results?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You sound like an INTJ lol

But yeah. You can figure out certain parts at your age, just not the whole thing. But you can sure try, and learn a lot about yourself in the process. Have you taken a test yet? What were the results?

See OP "unlike most people, I have never taken an MBTI test. The results are way too static IMO"

Is that more INTP or INTJ?

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See OP "unlike most people, I have never taken an MBTI test. The results are way too static IMO"

Is that more INTP or INTJ?

My bad, I'm a bit of a goldfish and the wall of text made me forget about that.

Just because the results are static doesn't mean it wouldn't be helpful. Use it to narrow down the possibilities, since at the end of the day you have to decide the right answer for yourself anyways. A person verifies their own type, no matter what tests say, and that's exactly: results are static and impersonal.

Unless you're like me and so obnoxiously fitting of your type that every test gives the same answer and your individual function results are above 85% strong. But I'm a bit rare.

anastasiatremaines

Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First, I agree that 15 is pretty young to determine your type. I mean, I'm still a teenager too, but I can tell you how much I changed from freshman year, to sophmore, to junior. I became a lot more comfortable with myself as time went on, but I still am working on things. It's a good thing to think about, and I've learned a lot about myself through it, but you're still growing and learning (everyone is, really) so don't sweat on trying to fit into one of 16 types - there are definitely more than 16 personalities.

That being said, you seem pretty INTP-ish. Are you interested in acquiring knowledge just for knowledge's sake, or to put it to use?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First, I agree that 15 is pretty young to determine your type. I mean, I'm still a teenager too, but I can tell you how much I changed from freshman year, to sophmore, to junior. I became a lot more comfortable with myself as time went on, but I still am working on things. It's a good thing to think about, and I've learned a lot about myself through it, but you're still growing and learning (everyone is, really) so don't sweat on trying to fit into one of 16 types - there are definitely more than 16 personalities.

Yeah I changed a lot at around age 13-14 and then at 18-19. Suppose this is common.

deftones

Lol I forgot about this thread.

Haha, yeah. But doesn't it describe the brain moreso than the personality? I'm pretty sure people have a couple of personalities. Which means there are likely millions at least. It's like Sonic's drink stop. :wink:

That being said, you seem pretty INTP-ish. Are you interested in acquiring knowledge just for knowledge's sake, or to put it to use?

I like the idea of acquiring any knowledge because there really is no benefit to not learning (unless it affects you in some way) But sometimes I can't bring myself to learning things I'm not interested in. Though I do have OCD-like moments where I read an article or some shit and have to scan the damn thing. I don't think this makes someone 'S' however.

Speaking of 'S' vs 'N' -- I look at type me forums/type famous figures forums...and I have a gut feeling there's a huge N bias here. There's no way virtually every edgy celebrity or person who thinks outside the box is a surefire 'N'. Especially when you consider the 'N' population is only around like what, 25 percent? I know N types may be more attuned to the internet. But it's still a stretch.

I sometimes feel like I'm an 'S'.

yeghor

[MENTION=21204]deftones[/MENTION]

Any movie, book, anime etc character that you identify with?

Have you had anxiety problems? If yes this means you have F (i or e) at least in aux position...

Do you feel you become more "chatty" or "inhibited\reserved" when outside? Does it take long for you to open up to people you've recently met or do you become chatty with them in the order of minutes or hours...?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like the idea of acquiring any knowledge because there really is no benefit to not learning (unless it affects you in some way) But sometimes I can't bring myself to learning things I'm not interested in. Though I do have OCD-like moments where I read an article or some shit and have to scan the damn thing. I don't think this makes someone 'S' however.

If you don't want to learn things you aren't interested in, that's normal, it's got absolutely nothing to do with S or N.

Speaking of 'S' vs 'N' -- I look at type me forums/type famous figures forums...and I have a gut feeling there's a huge N bias here. There's no way virtually every edgy celebrity or person who thinks outside the box is a surefire 'N'. Especially when you consider the 'N' population is only around like what, 25 percent? I know N types may be more attuned to the internet. But it's still a stretch.

I sometimes feel like I'm an 'S'.

When and why do you feel like you're an S?

My understanding is that the difference is simply that S types go by experiences, they don't ponder the experiences beyond what they are as experienced.

deftones

Any movie, book, anime etc character that you identify with?

I've identified with some comedians to an extent, like Louis CK and Bill Hicks. I've also identified with the brighter sides of Maynard Keenan's personality. Identifying with anything can actually be quite fascinating to me.

Also related...I used to fantasize romantically about being in relationships with animation characters as a young kid. It was really lame. My wicked imagination plays a part in it.

Have you had anxiety problems? If yes this means you have F (i or e) at least in aux position...

As a young kid, definitely. It was more aimed at certain environments and people that intimidated me. It went away all of a sudden when I was 13. And I disagree, I think anxiety can occur in any type. I'm curious why you think this.

Do you feel you become more "chatty" or "inhibited\reserved" when outside? Does it take long for you to open up to people you've recently met or do you become chatty with them in the order of minutes or hours...?

Really depends on my mood. I had a really brief stint of social anxiety (I think) when I was about 12. It was reverted away later thanks to personal problems, which was a weird reaction. When I'm with friends, I go into extrovert mode and joke around. In the classroom, sometimes I might debate in intellectual mode. Some moments in school I'm absorbed in my thoughts and ideas. But then there are those days I'm quiet one moment, then explode sarcastically when someone says something stupid, or there's a certain topic I want to touch on. Around new people, I usually wait and let them come to me, unless we share a certain interest and we are in a situation where a comment I make towards them is relevant. And how much I open up depends on what I think of the person, how much I trust them based on observations and intuition, and the situation. Or sometimes what we're discussing; if I make a comment that doesn't really add up, I might have to reveal something in order to explain myself.

yeghor

I've identified with some comedians to an extent, like Louis CK and Bill Hicks. I've also identified with the brighter sides of Maynard Keenan's personality. Identifying with anything can actually be quite fascinating to me.

Are they ENTPs? I don't know them that well...

As a young kid, definitely. It was more aimed at certain environments and people that intimidated me. It went away all of a sudden when I was 13. And I disagree, I think anxiety can occur in any type. I'm curious why you think this.

I think a high F implies that the individual feels emotions more strongly whereas a low one means emotions are felt weakly... I think it comes from our physiology and nervous system... So someone with low F would be less prone to anxiety, fear, panic or such kind of emotions or bodily reactions I guess...

Do this test... http://similarminds.com/test.html

deftones

Are they ENTPs? I don't know them that well...

Yah Bill Hicks is likely ENTP. Louis CK can act like an INFP commentary wise

Enneagram Test Results

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||| 34%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||| 42%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 66%

type score type behavior motivation
9 16 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
4 13 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 13 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
7 13 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
3 12 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
2 11 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
8 11 I must be strong and in control to survive.
6 10 I must be secure and safe to survive.
1 8 I must be perfect and good to survive.

Your main type is Type 9
Your variant stacking is sx/sp/so
Your level of health is very low, i.e. very unhealthy

Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking). For info on the flaws of the Enneagram system click here.

Based on your health score you would benefit from working on your...
physical health/fitness
psychological health​

very similar answers at times.

deftones

When and why do you feel like you're an S?

Sometimes I do things that are very physically oriented. I often enjoy things that provide an adrenaline rush. I might play a sport or two every once in a while for fun. I've been self conscious about my appearance ever since I was about 13. As a kid I enjoyed hands on activities. A lot of my interests involve how they apply in reality, and I've always implemented realism into my interests and imagination.

yeghor

Yah Bill Hicks is likely ENTP. Louis CK can act like an INFP commentary wise

Enneagram Test Results

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||| 34%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
Type 4 Individualism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 5 Intellectualism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 6 Security Focus |||||||||||| 42%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 66%

type score type behavior motivation
9 16 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.
4 13 I must be unique/different to survive.
5 13 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
7 13 I must be fun and entertained to survive.
3 12 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
2 11 I must be helpful and caring to survive.
8 11 I must be strong and in control to survive.
6 10 I must be secure and safe to survive.
1 8 I must be perfect and good to survive.​

You seem to have strong Fi and Ne in your enneagram test but I can't seem to get how enneagram 9 plays into this...

Do you relate to this type 9 info since your main type seems to be 9?

http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-forum-peacemaker/71609-type-9-tritypes-2.html

á´…eparted

passages