• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Reassessment of my Enneagram Type and Instinctual Variant

Alea_iacta_est

I've begun to doubt my current typing so...

Opinions. All of them. Now. (or forever hold your peace)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A well-integrated 5. Or 1. But I lean more toward 5.

Alea_iacta_est

What's the reason for the doubt?

Some comments had been made, and I wasn't so settled on my 8-ness entirely.
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] specifically mentioned that sx 8 appeared more animalistic and barbaric than what I am. He put forward 5w6 or 6w5 lead.

á´…eparted

passages
Some comments had been made, and I wasn't so settled on my 8-ness entirely.
[MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] specifically mentioned that sx 8 appeared more animalistic and barbaric than what I am. He put forward 5w6 or 6w5 lead.

Honestly, I think "animalistic/barbaric" seems excessively crude. Yes 8's are known for being rather gruff and taking on any sort of challenge with a good chunk of force, but I wouldn't call it that. Seems kind of unfair almost.

That said, I could see 5 being the lead for you, as on here you seem to focus very heavily on factual analysis and understanding of, well pretty much everything. Forums tend to draw that out more so I am not sure it is the best indicator, but I have still noticed it. I've never really seen 8 get lit up in, well, any of your posts. Some don't really "show" their types in writing though. Depends on the person.

Alea_iacta_est

So, I'm taking it that 5 and 8 work for my head and gut fix based on some more data acquired and opinions gathered. 5 is core, however.

5w6? or 5w4?

8w9? or 8w7?

Heart fix?

Instinctual Variant?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I've begun to doubt my current typing so...

Opinions. All of them. Now. (or forever hold your peace)

An INTJ 8?

I dont know much about you. But here is what I do know about your type and its mistypes.

If you are an INTJ who thinks he is an 8, that usuallybtells me that you are correct, or you are actually IxTP 8.

As far as enneagram is concerned, most INTJs in my experience are 1, 3, 5, 6.

The 5s are pretty aggressive, the 1s are also gut types, the 3s are overly helpful, and the 6s think everyone in the world is wrong but them. lol

I hope that helps some.

Alea_iacta_est

An INTJ 8?

I dont know much about you. But here is what I do know about your type and its mistypes.

If you are an INTJ who thinks he is an 8, that usuallybtells me that you are correct, or you are actually IxTP 8.

As far as enneagram is concerned, most INTJs in my experience are 1, 3, 5, 6.

The 5s are pretty aggressive, the 1s are also gut types, the 3s are overly helpful, and the 6s think everyone in the world is wrong but them. lol

I hope that helps some.

Thank you for the input,

The reason I finally chose 8 was due to my aggressive way of solving problems (directly, with little care for peoples' feelings). Looking back on it now, and the fact that I have typed as 5, I realize that could easily be 5 expression through integration, no?

I think I am set on 5 being my core type.

8 or 9 for gut fixation.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, I think "animalistic/barbaric" seems excessively crude.

As if to say all 8s are in the Unhealthy levels of integration, most likely, the 9th level ("animalistic/barbaric").

But a type 8, as with any other type, can integrate to a state of grace, that is to say, the 8 can eventually learn that the world really can be a friendly and benevolent place. With this new understanding, the 8 will integrate to 2, using their vitalistic energies to help make the world a better place for everybody and not just for themselves.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was wondering when that one was going to pop up again.

Still fits, and it would work for my heart fix even if it isn't core (which it very well could be).

Have you ever explained, or examined, why you wish to have this information in the first place?

Alea_iacta_est

Have you ever explained, or examined, why you wish to have this information in the first place?

What, my personality type?

If so, to know how to explain myself in terms that are relatively objective (as in not deriving from internal, idiosyncratic self-awareness).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What, my personality type?

If so, to know how to explain myself in terms that are relatively objective (as in not deriving from internal, idiosyncratic self-awareness).

It's simple enough for me to explain it, maybe not for you? Up to a certain age, I had a strong value core and knowledge of my likes and dislikes. After I lost that I wanted to find a way to regain that same sense of self. It may never happen, but at least typology gives me a sense of self that I lacked before I discovered it.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Thank you for the input,

The reason I finally chose 8 was due to my aggressive way of solving problems (directly, with little care for peoples' feelings). Looking back on it now, and the fact that I have typed as 5, I realize that could easily be 5 expression through integration, no?

I think I am set on 5 being my core type.

8 or 9 for gut fixation.

You can solve as many problems as you want Ill probably still have no hesitation kicking your ass. lmao

8s more often resemble the walking dead. And have over the top stimulatory lifestyles to compensate for sociopathic inner death.

"I have already lost everything, therefore I have everything to gain."

Alea_iacta_est

It's simple enough for me to explain it, maybe not for you? Up to a certain age, I had a strong value core and knowledge of my likes and dislikes. After I lost that I wanted to find a way to regain that same sense of self. It may never happen, but at least typology gives me a sense of self that I lacked before I discovered it.

I can explain myself, but it is through subjective observation and interpretation, and to be objectively sound, I need to define my personality quirks with objective terminology, so that I can understand exactly how my persona interacts from an external perspective. It's an attempt at strong self-awareness.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can explain myself, but it is through subjective observation and interpretation, and to be objectively sound, I need to define my personality quirks with objective terminology, so that I can understand exactly how my persona interacts from an external perspective. It's an attempt at strong self-awareness.

So you are unable to explain why you need this information about your type without first applying some abstruse explanation as to how the explanation should occur?

Alea_iacta_est

So you are unable to explain why you need this information about your type without first applying some abstruse explanation as to how the explanation should occur?

No. I can explain my own persona using terms that are placed in the perspective of the first person, but I want to understand myself in terms that are in the perspective of the third person. Self-Objectification is the reason why I need this information.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. I can explain my own persona using terms that are placed in the perspective of the first person, but I want to understand myself in terms that are in the perspective of the third person. Self-Objectification is the reason why I need this information.

INTJ, for sure.

Where does this need come from?

Alea_iacta_est

INTJ, for sure.

Where does this need come from?

The desire to be perfectly self-aware and measurable on external standards, to be able to manifest my wordless desires and wishes into concrete, visceral forms.

To craft a symbol of myself, in a way.