User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 53

  1. #11
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Honestly, I think "animalistic/barbaric" seems excessively crude.
    As if to say all 8s are in the Unhealthy levels of integration, most likely, the 9th level ("animalistic/barbaric").

    But a type 8, as with any other type, can integrate to a state of grace, that is to say, the 8 can eventually learn that the world really can be a friendly and benevolent place. With this new understanding, the 8 will integrate to 2, using their vitalistic energies to help make the world a better place for everybody and not just for themselves.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #12
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I was wondering when that one was going to pop up again.

    Still fits, and it would work for my heart fix even if it isn't core (which it very well could be).
    Have you ever explained, or examined, why you wish to have this information in the first place?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #13
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Have you ever explained, or examined, why you wish to have this information in the first place?
    What, my personality type?

    If so, to know how to explain myself in terms that are relatively objective (as in not deriving from internal, idiosyncratic self-awareness).

  4. #14
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    What, my personality type?

    If so, to know how to explain myself in terms that are relatively objective (as in not deriving from internal, idiosyncratic self-awareness).
    It's simple enough for me to explain it, maybe not for you? Up to a certain age, I had a strong value core and knowledge of my likes and dislikes. After I lost that I wanted to find a way to regain that same sense of self. It may never happen, but at least typology gives me a sense of self that I lacked before I discovered it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #15
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Thank you for the input,

    The reason I finally chose 8 was due to my aggressive way of solving problems (directly, with little care for peoples' feelings). Looking back on it now, and the fact that I have typed as 5, I realize that could easily be 5 expression through integration, no?

    I think I am set on 5 being my core type.

    8 or 9 for gut fixation.
    You can solve as many problems as you want Ill probably still have no hesitation kicking your ass. lmao

    8s more often resemble the walking dead. And have over the top stimulatory lifestyles to compensate for sociopathic inner death.

    "I have already lost everything, therefore I have everything to gain."

  6. #16
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    It's simple enough for me to explain it, maybe not for you? Up to a certain age, I had a strong value core and knowledge of my likes and dislikes. After I lost that I wanted to find a way to regain that same sense of self. It may never happen, but at least typology gives me a sense of self that I lacked before I discovered it.
    I can explain myself, but it is through subjective observation and interpretation, and to be objectively sound, I need to define my personality quirks with objective terminology, so that I can understand exactly how my persona interacts from an external perspective. It's an attempt at strong self-awareness.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I can explain myself, but it is through subjective observation and interpretation, and to be objectively sound, I need to define my personality quirks with objective terminology, so that I can understand exactly how my persona interacts from an external perspective. It's an attempt at strong self-awareness.
    So you are unable to explain why you need this information about your type without first applying some abstruse explanation as to how the explanation should occur?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #18
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    So you are unable to explain why you need this information about your type without first applying some abstruse explanation as to how the explanation should occur?
    No. I can explain my own persona using terms that are placed in the perspective of the first person, but I want to understand myself in terms that are in the perspective of the third person. Self-Objectification is the reason why I need this information.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    No. I can explain my own persona using terms that are placed in the perspective of the first person, but I want to understand myself in terms that are in the perspective of the third person. Self-Objectification is the reason why I need this information.
    INTJ, for sure.

    Where does this need come from?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  10. #20
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    INTJ, for sure.

    Where does this need come from?
    The desire to be perfectly self-aware and measurable on external standards, to be able to manifest my wordless desires and wishes into concrete, visceral forms.

    To craft a symbol of myself, in a way.

Similar Threads

  1. [Tri] Help me determine my enneagram type and tritype
    By PurpleDawn in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2017, 11:40 PM
  2. In search of my enneagram type...
    By PolkaDot in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2016, 01:42 PM
  3. What's my enneagram tritype and instinctual variant?
    By musiclover3467 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2016, 08:49 PM
  4. Enneagram typing and instinctual subtype help?
    By bohemian in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2014, 05:22 PM
  5. Can You Type Me Based on My Enneagram Tritype and Instinctual Variant?
    By Dania Ross in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 07:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO