• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my enneagram type?

Daniel's

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
?
Hello,
I started to study enneagram theory a few day ago and I have to say I am a little confused. While it was easy and clear for me to find my jungian type, I have some troubles with enneagram. I yet don't understand the theory enough to type myself right, but I know the basics.
So could anyone help me to type myself? What info should I provide?

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Hello,
I started to study enneagram theory a few day ago and I have to say I am a little confused. While it was easy and clear for me to find my jungian type, I have some troubles with enneagram. I yet don't understand the theory enough to type myself right, but I know the basics.
So could anyone help me to type myself? What info should I provide?

What's your worst fear? :)

Daniel's

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
?
What's your worst fear? :)

I already know, that the enneagram theory works with desires and fears, but I think it's a bit too hasty just to spill out your worst fear.
For now I relate to fears of 3 - fear of being worthless, 5 - fear of being useless, helpless, or incapable, and 9 - fear of loss and separation
To choose which one is predominant seems tricky as I can see myself as a person of more than just one basic fear.

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=20522]Daniel's[/MENTION]

Which would you say rules you the most: anger, anxiety, or shame?

Alea_iacta_est

From these 3 I assume it's shame

Then you'd be a 3. Since your claiming yourself an INTJ as well, I would assume a 3w4.

The way you order trifixes, by the way, is through coping mechanisms as well.

3 - 5 - 9, for instance, is assertive, withdrawing, withdrawing, which means with the 3 in front, you are more inclined to rush at any problem head-on to solve it quickly and efficiently, juxtaposing when you resort to a withdrawing mechanism that makes you detach from the situation and/or retreat from it entirely to preserve your current state.

Daniel's

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
?
Then you'd be a 3. Since your claiming yourself an INTJ as well, I would assume a 3w4.

The way you order trifixes, by the way, is through coping mechanisms as well.

3 - 5 - 9, for instance, is assertive, withdrawing, withdrawing, which means with the 3 in front, you are more inclined to rush at any problem head-on to solve it quickly and efficiently, juxtaposing when you resort to a withdrawing mechanism that makes you detach from the situation and/or retreat from it entirely to preserve your current state.

Interesting, when I deal with some problem I tend to act more detached and withdraw to my privacy where I can deal with solving the questions and prepare myself for dealing with it latter outside of my head. I try to develope the most efficient way, but I won't say I like to do it quickly, I need some quiet time and a step back for seeing the whole picture and then I can efficiently deal with it.

Alea_iacta_est

Interesting, when I deal with some problem I tend to act more detached and withdraw to my privacy where I can deal with solving the questions and prepare myself for dealing with it latter outside of my head. I try to develope the most efficient way, but I won't say I like to do it quickly, I need some quiet time and a step back for seeing the whole picture and then I can efficiently deal with it.

Then that might suggest 5 or 9 first. Based on probability (which isn't a definite answer, merely a point to be taken into account), an INTJ is more likely to be a 5 than a 9 (though I've seen INTJ 9s before).

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Sounds like you're a 5 to me.

^Damnit Alea.