• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Rajah.

What's Rajah's type?

• Total voters

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
You remind me a lot of myself; so if you aren't INTP then I don't kno-

Ah fuck, I'm not an extravert!

You are an INTP with social skills and well-developed Fe. We exist dammit!

We do, and I'd say Rajah is one of those. Age has brought her the wisdom to experience the novelty of extraverting, from what I've seen. Ultimately she seems to process for herself.

It's a conundrum! That's why I'm getting input from people other than just Lurker. I really identify with both the ENTP and INTP profile.

:)

I think you are an INTP bored and wanting to experience the novelty of a "new type".

geez, rajah.

let's break this down. what are the official main differences between the two?

Exactly. It is worth remembering that an ENTP is not simply an extraverted INTP. It's a creature with a different function order. An INTP lives around her Ti.. the Ne is what faces the world, but ultimately it's all about logic.
What we see are ideas, but what we get are ideas feeding a cool dispassionate logic, a.. Rajah-ness that sits behind. That's what I perceive when I talk to her.
That's RAJAH!

An ENTP lives around her Ne, which is also what faces the world. What we see is what we get. It's the ideas, the creativity and the less obvious coolness. That's DIGEST.

The fact that I know you both well might help. But you come across as having different function orders.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I might've theorized that the legal training has a lot to do with being more able to string together a coherent argument or the patience to do so, more than introversion.

I'd say XNTP too, for now. As you were when I first observed you in INTPc way back Rajah I wouldn't have even questioned the INTP diagnosis, but I think we can say now that you've made an almost complete recovery. :D

I dunno really though, I'd just say "really cool". A lotta the shit you do makes me think "yeah, I need to learn how to do that". I don't get that feeling from INTP's.
Wow.. thanks. :)

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think you are an INTP bored and wanting to experience the novelty of a "new type".
A special friend insisted I'm an ENTP. In fact, this person insists it a lot. Grr. That's what kicked off this inquiry. :)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A special friend insisted I'm an ENTP. In fact, this person insists it a lot. Grr. That's what kicked off this inquiry. :)
Maybe this "special friend" is under the influence of some parasites in the stomach!

Or just a lot more introverted than you.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
I think that self-consciousness can make extroverts appear more introverted then they actually are. In my opinion, that's the case with case with Rajah.

Now. . .

/thread

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Maybe this "special friend" is under the influence of some parasites in the stomach!

Or just a lot more introverted than you.
Or more introverted than just about anybody.

heh

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
okay, rajah, because i love you, i searched until i found this. hope it helps. actually, if it doesn't, lie to me.

Differences between ENTP and INTP

It may help you work out your type if we compare the similarities and differences between ENTP and INTP.

One important thing to look at is which preferences 'dominate' the personality. Carl Jung and Isabel Briggs Myers said there is a 'dominant function'. What this means, in simple terms, is that two of the letters in the type code are much more important than the others.

For people with ENTP preferences, the most important letters are E and N. For people with INTP preferences, the most important letters are I and T. This means that there is a very important difference between ENTP and INTP. The letters in the type code that are particularly important for them are different, or they have different 'dominant functions'.

The Dominant Function

For ENTP the most important preferences are Extraverted Intuition. Your 'dominant function' is Intuition, oriented towards the outer world. You promote exploration of new and better ways of doing things, to uncover hidden potential in people, things or situations. You break new ground, and are often looking one step beyond the current situation to pursue unexplored avenues, until all the possibilities have been exhausted. You often challenge the status quo and experiment with the introduction of change, to see if the situation can be improved or new potential uncovered.

For INTP, however, the most important preferences are Introverted Thinking. Your 'dominant function' is Thinking, oriented towards the inner world. You provide explanation of how and why things happen. You bring structure and organisation into the inner world of ideas and understanding. You analyse things, formulating hypotheses and explanations of how they function. You gather evidence to assess how true those explanations are. You produce mental models that replicate how particular aspects of the world work. You try to understand the full complexity of any situation.

Preference Differences

ENTP and INTP differ in Extraversion/Introversion. This preference is about where you prefer to direct your energy. If you prefer to direct your energy to deal with people, things, situations, or 'the outer world', then your preference is for Extraversion. If you prefer to direct your energy to deal with ideas, information, explanations or beliefs, or 'the inner world', then your preference is for Introversion.

Everybody uses both sides of the preferences at times, depending on the circumstances. But the difference between the two personality types is your natural inclination. That is, which would you prefer to do in a situation of free choice?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
^ Never mind Rajah (she's not broken), type me! Oh yeah and we need you in the black house lady. I'm lonely in there and sub keeps trying to grab my bewbs.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
^ Never mind Rajah (she's not broken), type me! Oh yeah and we need you in the black house lady. I'm lonely in there and sub keeps trying to grab my bewbs.

you say that like i wouldn't.

i just noticed your type thread earlier today, so i have a lot of reading to do before adding or questioning, but i will.

@rajah: you're welcome. :)

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
okay, rajah, because i love you, i searched until i found this. hope it helps. actually, if it doesn't, lie to me.

Differences between ENTP and INTP

It may help you work out your type if we compare the similarities and differences between ENTP and INTP.

One important thing to look at is which preferences 'dominate' the personality. Carl Jung and Isabel Briggs Myers said there is a 'dominant function'. What this means, in simple terms, is that two of the letters in the type code are much more important than the others.

For people with ENTP preferences, the most important letters are E and N. For people with INTP preferences, the most important letters are I and T. This means that there is a very important difference between ENTP and INTP. The letters in the type code that are particularly important for them are different, or they have different 'dominant functions'.

The Dominant Function

For ENTP the most important preferences are Extraverted Intuition. Your 'dominant function' is Intuition, oriented towards the outer world. You promote exploration of new and better ways of doing things, to uncover hidden potential in people, things or situations. You break new ground, and are often looking one step beyond the current situation to pursue unexplored avenues, until all the possibilities have been exhausted. You often challenge the status quo and experiment with the introduction of change, to see if the situation can be improved or new potential uncovered.

For INTP, however, the most important preferences are Introverted Thinking. Your 'dominant function' is Thinking, oriented towards the inner world. You provide explanation of how and why things happen. You bring structure and organisation into the inner world of ideas and understanding. You analyse things, formulating hypotheses and explanations of how they function. You gather evidence to assess how true those explanations are. You produce mental models that replicate how particular aspects of the world work. You try to understand the full complexity of any situation.

Preference Differences

ENTP and INTP differ in Extraversion/Introversion. This preference is about where you prefer to direct your energy. If you prefer to direct your energy to deal with people, things, situations, or 'the outer world', then your preference is for Extraversion. If you prefer to direct your energy to deal with ideas, information, explanations or beliefs, or 'the inner world', then your preference is for Introversion.

Everybody uses both sides of the preferences at times, depending on the circumstances. But the difference between the two personality types is your natural inclination. That is, which would you prefer to do in a situation of free choice?

Ah! What i said only I was more succinct :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Hmm. Could you elaborate? I'm confused.
Correction without any real jovial punch on the arm. More detached in style, an observation more than an interaction. I dunno I just felt like it was an objective criticism framed as an off handed correction to my appauling use of languidge without the oft accompaying competetive streak which I usually get when corrected by an ENTP.

Mind you though I guess there could be a case for a "serious" ENTP. More dour and less likely to break into sillyness.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Never met in person, but I've always gotten a more INTP-flavored vibe from Rajah's posts. No concrete analysis here; just an overall gut impression.

Or maybe I'm just equivocating "cool" with "INTP". I understand there can be subtle differences in rare cases.

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Thank you, Martoon. I appreciate your input. :)

So, we're at XNTP. This has been an illuminating thread!

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Correction without any real jovial punch on the arm. More detached in style, an observation more than an interaction. I dunno I just felt like it was an objective criticism framed as an off handed correction to my appauling use of languidge without the oft accompaying competetive streak which I usually get when corrected by an ENTP.

Mind you though I guess there could be a case for a "serious" ENTP. More dour and less likely to break into sillyness.
Yeah, I can see how I appear dour and even distant online.

You just know I'm itching to correct your second sentence, don't you...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Correction without any real jovial punch on the arm. More detached in style, an observation more than an interaction. I dunno, I just felt like it was an objective criticism framed as an off-handed correction to my appaling use of language without the oft accompanying competitive streak which I usually get when corrected by an ENTP.

Mind you though I guess there could be a case for a "serious" ENTP. More dour and less likely to break into silliness.

You just know I'm itching to correct your second sentence, don't you...

Gawd... I'M itching to correct it.

Oh f*ck it, I just did.
ALL of it, too.
hell and damnation, people shouldn't do this to lawyers... or editors.

Rajah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Gawd... I'M itching to correct it.

Oh f*ck it, I just did.
ALL of it, too.
hell and damnation, people shouldn't do this to lawyers... or editors.
*cough* "Appalling" has two L's, not one. I'm also dying to change "which" to "that." Don't even get me started on the rest! ;)

MBTI Type
ENTP
The biggest difference I've noticed between ENTPs and INTPs on this board is that ENTPs like to make incredibly long-ass posts. (and actually I wasn't even referring to digest, I only saw her long-ass post after I wrote this one) Rajah seems much more succinct.