• Who the hell is Rajah?

9 29.03%
First 678910 Last

Thread: Type Rajah.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    ^ Never mind Rajah (she's not broken), type me! Oh yeah and we need you in the black house lady. I'm lonely in there and sub keeps trying to grab my bewbs.
    you say that like i wouldn't.

i just noticed your type thread earlier today, so i have a lot of reading to do before adding or questioning, but i will.

@rajah: you're welcome.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    okay, rajah, because i love you, i searched until i found this. hope it helps. actually, if it doesn't, lie to me.

Differences between ENTP and INTP

It may help you work out your type if we compare the similarities and differences between ENTP and INTP.

One important thing to look at is which preferences 'dominate' the personality. Carl Jung and Isabel Briggs Myers said there is a 'dominant function'. What this means, in simple terms, is that two of the letters in the type code are much more important than the others.

For people with ENTP preferences, the most important letters are E and N. For people with INTP preferences, the most important letters are I and T. This means that there is a very important difference between ENTP and INTP. The letters in the type code that are particularly important for them are different, or they have different 'dominant functions'.

The Dominant Function

For ENTP the most important preferences are Extraverted Intuition. Your 'dominant function' is Intuition, oriented towards the outer world. You promote exploration of new and better ways of doing things, to uncover hidden potential in people, things or situations. You break new ground, and are often looking one step beyond the current situation to pursue unexplored avenues, until all the possibilities have been exhausted. You often challenge the status quo and experiment with the introduction of change, to see if the situation can be improved or new potential uncovered.

For INTP, however, the most important preferences are Introverted Thinking. Your 'dominant function' is Thinking, oriented towards the inner world. You provide explanation of how and why things happen. You bring structure and organisation into the inner world of ideas and understanding. You analyse things, formulating hypotheses and explanations of how they function. You gather evidence to assess how true those explanations are. You produce mental models that replicate how particular aspects of the world work. You try to understand the full complexity of any situation.

Preference Differences

ENTP and INTP differ in Extraversion/Introversion. This preference is about where you prefer to direct your energy. If you prefer to direct your energy to deal with people, things, situations, or 'the outer world', then your preference is for Extraversion. If you prefer to direct your energy to deal with ideas, information, explanations or beliefs, or 'the inner world', then your preference is for Introversion.

Everybody uses both sides of the preferences at times, depending on the circumstances. But the difference between the two personality types is your natural inclination. That is, which would you prefer to do in a situation of free choice?
    Ah! What i said only I was more succinct

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Hmm. Could you elaborate? I'm confused.
    Correction without any real jovial punch on the arm. More detached in style, an observation more than an interaction. I dunno I just felt like it was an objective criticism framed as an off handed correction to my appauling use of languidge without the oft accompaying competetive streak which I usually get when corrected by an ENTP.

Mind you though I guess there could be a case for a "serious" ENTP. More dour and less likely to break into sillyness.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Never met in person, but I've always gotten a more INTP-flavored vibe from Rajah's posts. No concrete analysis here; just an overall gut impression.

Or maybe I'm just equivocating "cool" with "INTP". I understand there can be subtle differences in rare cases.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Thank you, Martoon. I appreciate your input.

So, we're at XNTP. This has been an illuminating thread!

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Correction without any real jovial punch on the arm. More detached in style, an observation more than an interaction. I dunno I just felt like it was an objective criticism framed as an off handed correction to my appauling use of languidge without the oft accompaying competetive streak which I usually get when corrected by an ENTP.

Mind you though I guess there could be a case for a "serious" ENTP. More dour and less likely to break into sillyness.
    Yeah, I can see how I appear dour and even distant online.

You just know I'm itching to correct your second sentence, don't you...

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Correction without any real jovial punch on the arm. More detached in style, an observation more than an interaction. I dunno, I just felt like it was an objective criticism framed as an off-handed correction to my appaling use of language without the oft accompanying competitive streak which I usually get when corrected by an ENTP.

Mind you though I guess there could be a case for a "serious" ENTP. More dour and less likely to break into silliness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    You just know I'm itching to correct your second sentence, don't you...
    Gawd... I'M itching to correct it.

Oh f*ck it, I just did.
    ALL of it, too.
    hell and damnation, people shouldn't do this to lawyers... or editors.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Gawd... I'M itching to correct it.

Oh f*ck it, I just did.
    ALL of it, too.
    hell and damnation, people shouldn't do this to lawyers... or editors.
    *cough* "Appalling" has two L's, not one. I'm also dying to change "which" to "that." Don't even get me started on the rest!

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTP

The biggest difference I've noticed between ENTPs and INTPs on this board is that ENTPs like to make incredibly long-ass posts. (and actually I wasn't even referring to digest, I only saw her long-ass post after I wrote this one) Rajah seems much more succinct.
    I don't wanna!