9 29.03%
First 34567 Last

Thread: Type Rajah.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I think you can hold together an argument better than the ENTPs on this board, and I think it relates to concentration, which tends to appear with introversion more than extroversion. On the other hand, you're pretty social and generate your own ideas about things, which is kinda more extraverty. I dunno. I lean towards Happy Introvert.
    The way you voted in the poll is unhelpful!

(But thanks. )

EDIT - What the hell smiley is that? It's supposed to be either the red ranty guy or the angry-faced yellow guy. What's up with this chick and the trash can, eh?!?

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTP

If I say pseudo-E what will happen?

You're more E than a lot of INTPs but you seem to live inside your head more than some ENTPs seem to. Si seems to be stronger than Fe for you - my impression is you seem to reminisce more than ENTPs. I don't think ENTPs are just extraverted versions of INTPs but it's hard to put into words, specially since I'm not sure I know any ENTPs IRL.

I'd say XNTP too. I'm not sure I'd go all the way to ENTP, though. /helpful

Edit: So I didn't vote.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It's not just the social skills and ease of interaction that make me think E for Rajah, though. It's the whole package of energy. She seems to hold things out in front of herself to turn them around and process them, rather than internalizing and nesting over them introvert-style.
    Yep.

Ivy says it best.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Rajah.

Okay, now what?

Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Rajah.

Okay, now what?

Hah. *grumblegrumblegrumble*

Sensors.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Seriously, though, is there any more input? I know I'm not a big poster on MBTIc, but just in case anyone else has opinions...

It's just that there's a big disconnect at times between how you see yourself and how others see you. I'm just curious. And I'm feeling a rather reflective atm.

I... suppose. Yeah!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    Seriously, though, is there any more input? I know I'm not a big poster on MBTIc, but just in case anyone else has opinions...

It's just that there's a big disconnect at times between how you see yourself and how others see you. I'm just curious. And I'm feeling a rather reflective atm.
    I just wanna know when I get to remove you as an INTPc madmin... traitor!

Enneagram
    1w2

I haven't interacted with you enough to say (some at MBTI Nebulous that I can't remember) so I won't be very much help. The best I can say is xNTP, which is useless.

But this and Jen's thread has got me thinking about how useful the What's my Type threads are. I'll probably start a thread about it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I just wanna know when I get to remove you as an INTPc madmin... traitor!
    says the "INTP" admin who uses smileys????

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    It's not just the social skills and ease of interaction that make me think E for Rajah, though. It's the whole package of energy. She seems to hold things out in front of herself to turn them around and process them, rather than internalizing and nesting over them introvert-style.
    I noticed that. Rajah seems more interested in a Te-style approach, than Ti. I just do not know her past well enough to see how she might have developed that over time and what could have been learned rather than necessarily innate.

The best evidence, to me, is how happy she seems with her new life which is much more externally-oriented than the old one was. Teaching, learning in a classroom environment, interacting with other linguists and legal experts, and basically casting her net widely rather than the narrow focus of her old law career.
    That's a good point. However, I find myself much happier socially now and many people might be tempted to see me as an extrovert... but I explicitly am not. I get very exhausted around people, even when I love being there and having an influence in their lives and am much happy with a social life.

To me this is more like the broad Ti+Ne approach to life, because of the diversity in input -- it allows for the rapid development of ideas -- and the old "go as deep as possible" way often closes off input streams. ENTPs seem to need the stimulation more, but INTPs still need and enjoy it if they are socially adept enough to function there; INTPs forced to act like ISTJs just usually end up depressed and their thinking suffers.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I haven't interacted with you enough to say (some at MBTI Nebulous that I can't remember) so I won't be very much help. The best I can say is xNTP, which is useless.

But this and Jen's thread has got me thinking about how useful the What's my Type threads are. I'll probably start a thread about it.
    My thoughts are that it depends on what you're using them for. I am interested in getting other people's input. I've traditionally typed as INTP, but the ENTP profile fits me pretty well. In any event, I'm genuinely interested in finding out how people perceive me. I'm not sure if that's a negative motivation or not - I tend to think of my interest as neutral. *shrug*

If nothing else, I enjoy exploring the value of self-typing versus being typed by others. It highlights some pretty significant weaknesses in the MBTI, at least from my perspective.

I... suppose. Yeah!