• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What if I'm not a P

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I fly off the handle and cry and yell at them and tell them exactly what they did wrong and swear revenge and come up with sadistic ways to harm the person, but never do anything that would harm them. Sometimes I'll instigate (if I really don't like them) in hopes they'll hit me or something so I can get them with assault.

6 could fit, but definitely not a 9 and I doubt that this is what a Fi Dom would do. I don't know you enough, though.

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I now fear it is only a matter of time until someone comes up with a whole system of MBTI typing based on how much advance time someone needs when asked to share a pizza, cross-referenced by whether and how they make exceptions, plus how they deal with their anger if the advance time requirements are not met and exceptions aren't relevant.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I now fear it is only a matter of time until someone comes up with a whole system of MBTI typing based on how much advance time someone needs when asked to share a pizza, cross-referenced by whether and how they make exceptions, plus how they deal with their anger if the advance time requirements are not met and exceptions aren't relevant.

That's no worse than the normal questions to an MBTI test.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What if I'm not a P? What if I'm a J instead?

In my case (not necessarily for anybody else), I wouldn't have such difficulty with the concept of 'time.' Time, to me, is an authoritarian's tool used to determine when I should end one activity and begin another. I can obey the authoritarian's tool until I get tired of it. As with Introverts losing energy when faced with the social realm, I also lose energy when faced with schedules and dead-lines. As Robert Pirsig would say, I confront a gumption trap.

For example, recently I have had to undergo physical therapy on my feet. This consists of - once a day of this, twice a day of that, and for such and such a time. Worse yet, I am left to my own devices, I don't go to any clinic because it is home-based therapy. I didn't have any problem scheduling time for this. But after a couple weeks I was getting tired of this, and began to backslide on the therapy partially based on my perception that I was making great progress.

I surmise that one difficulty is keeping track of time. I can't relax about time, I have to use Sensing and pay too much attention to how much time has gone by. My attention is divided, I feel distracted and annoyed. Over time, this becomes more and more intolerable.

On the other side of the same coin is my mental relationship with the concept of "space." This is harder to define. But in my experience, SJs (and SPs) have been much more relaxed than myself in their relationship with the world around them, while for me this has been problematic.