• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What if I'm not a P

Werebudgie

I want my account deleted
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
and thought I was based on external things

I'm at my best when I'm thinking about my next step, and the bigger goal. My bigger goal is to move to Miami in a year and go to FIU and I'm focused on all the steps I need to take to do so. I do best when I have a plan, I don't function without a plan. I even plan my days and everything. and it's a tenative plan, as in I'm aware it might not work out.
also I get anxious about being late, and my plans have times when I'm going to do stuff. and I don't like when people make me late. So I don't know I've been questioning my type a lot lately. It might be right.Like I'm fine with chaos externally but internally I need to know what's going to happen next. what day i'm going to eat pizza on, I don't like deciding 15 minutes before what I'm going to eat.

I thought of one thing external though I don't think it's indicative of j or p- I love to alphabetize things always have.

Funny you should post this, I was reading something else you wrote in another thread (can't remember what, but it's not the first time) and thinking how tickled I am at how your truly exuberant INFP-ness shines through so much of what you post here.

About the planning - I've seen that my INFP partner can get really really deep into linear step-by-step planning mode. It's something to do with using Te-inf in service to Fi, I think, though I don't know for sure. Anyway, from what I have observed, she will sometimes decide something is a top priority via Fi, and then put her linear planning and focus mode toward making that happen. I'm not as linear as she is when it comes to getting things done when she's in this mode. I associate it with Te because it has this relentless hardcore linear step-by-step efficiency quality to it.

I've seen her planning process in both healthy and unhealthy mode. I think that at its best, this linear planning process also draws on Ne-aux - Ne gives information on external action opportunities to get to the goal. But if access to that Ne open-ness is blocked in some way, it seems to me that Si tries to step in to provide information, and she can get into a rut of trying to get to the goal based only on patterned information from her past experiences. At its very worst, it's actually kind of scary because she acts like an automaton relentlessly following a plan (I've only seen it that bad once but once was enough for me).

Like I'm fine with chaos externally but internally I need to know what's going to happen next. what day i'm going to eat pizza on, I don't like deciding 15 minutes before what I'm going to eat.

I'm INFJ and am fine with internal chaos, but I need to know what's going to happen externally. In contrast, my INFP is pretty structured internally, but is fine with external chaos. I think this is a Ji/Pe versus Pi/Je distinction, and is why as a perceiving dominant introvert I'm still a J in the MBTI system - it focuses on our relation to the external world in determining P or J.

That said, I have not seen or heard my INFP needing to know what's going to happen next as you describe it re the eating/pizza example. She tends to appear as more go with the flow on that kind of thing (though my experience with that stuff is our mutual decision process, so technically it would be her response to the external world and not her internal world). Anyway, if you are INFP (and you still seem very INFP to me), I wonder if you're in a space where you need to re-open your access to Ne to balance the other stuff.

??

yeghor

I fly off the handle and cry and yell at them and tell them exactly what they did wrong and swear revenge and come up with sadistic ways to harm the person, but never do anything that would harm them. Sometimes I'll instigate (if I really don't like them) in hopes they'll hit me or something so I can get them with assault.

This will be a loose conclusion but that may be your ENTJ shadow manifesting itself...INTPs have ENTJ shadows that acts out when angry and under stress...

Starry

Heh. I like this thread for some reason...

P-6.jpg

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. I mean it's a half-joke to say that a thread title could prove anything, but just that way of wording it I very Perceiver-y. I imagine a judging type saying, "I don't think I'm a P." Or "I'm an ENFJ!?" See what I mean?

yeah totally...it's very p style haha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Funny you should post this, I was reading something else you wrote in another thread (can't remember what, but it's not the first time) and thinking how tickled I am at how your truly exuberant INFP-ness shines through so much of what you post here.

About the planning - I've seen that my INFP partner can get really really deep into linear step-by-step planning mode. It's something to do with using Te-inf in service to Fi, I think, though I don't know for sure. Anyway, from what I have observed, she will sometimes decide something is a top priority via Fi, and then put her linear planning and focus mode toward making that happen. I'm not as linear as she is when it comes to getting things done when she's in this mode. I associate it with Te because it has this relentless hardcore linear step-by-step efficiency quality to it.

I've seen her planning process in both healthy and unhealthy mode. I think that at its best, this linear planning process also draws on Ne-aux - Ne gives information on external action opportunities to get to the goal. But if access to that Ne open-ness is blocked in some way, it seems to me that Si tries to step in to provide information, and she can get into a rut of trying to get to the goal based only on patterned information from her past experiences. At its very worst, it's actually kind of scary because she acts like an automaton relentlessly following a plan (I've only seen it that bad once but once was enough for me).

I'm INFJ and am fine with internal chaos, but I need to know what's going to happen externally. In contrast, my INFP is pretty structured internally, but is fine with external chaos. I think this is a Ji/Pe versus Pi/Je distinction, and is why as a perceiving dominant introvert I'm still a J in the MBTI system - it focuses on our relation to the external world in determining P or J.

That said, I have not seen or heard my INFP needing to know what's going to happen next as you describe it re the eating/pizza example. She tends to appear as more go with the flow on that kind of thing (though my experience with that stuff is our mutual decision process, so technically it would be her response to the external world and not her internal world). Anyway, if you are INFP (and you still seem very INFP to me), I wonder if you're in a space where you need to re-open your access to Ne to balance the other stuff.

??

totally yep. my infp bf can be that way. not about dinner choices n stuff but about getting all deep into organization or drafting plans or keeping track of stuff. and about being late...when it's something important to him...like i do when something's super important to me too...i get all major methodical and detailed with businessy type stuff

i'd say it's te in service of fi because it's only there when i care a lot about it.

so...if i were going to ask you to have pizza you'd need how much notice? haha this is kind of weirdish. i don't know any j's who need that kind of notice either. :D

G

Ginkgo

I'm at my best when I'm thinking about my next step, and the bigger goal. My bigger goal is to move to Miami in a year and go to FIU and I'm focused on all the steps I need to take to do so. I do best when I have a plan, I don't function without a plan. I even plan my days and everything. and it's a tenative plan, as in I'm aware it might not work out.
also I get anxious about being late, and my plans have times when I'm going to do stuff. and I don't like when people make me late. So I don't know I've been questioning my type a lot lately. It might be right.Like I'm fine with chaos externally but internally I need to know what's going to happen next. what day i'm going to eat pizza on, I don't like deciding 15 minutes before what I'm going to eat.

I thought of one thing external though I don't think it's indicative of j or p- I love to alphabetize things always have.

It could just mean that you're handling your tertiary and inferior functions better than you once were. That is certainly the more flattering theory.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so...if i were going to ask you to have pizza you'd need how much notice? haha this is kind of weirdish. i don't know any j's who need that kind of notice either. :D
a day

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not necerely if I like you a lot it's still a possibility
haha yeah i was going to say then it likely wouldn't happen because i hate setting plans that aren't pretty immediate but then realized i make exceptions when i really want to. :D

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
haha yeah i was going to say then it likely wouldn't happen because i hate setting plans that aren't pretty immediate but then realized i make exceptions when i really want to. :D
and why is it weird?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

Maybe you're really an ENFP and you're just using Te? That could explain this.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I fly off the handle and cry and yell at them and tell them exactly what they did wrong and swear revenge and come up with sadistic ways to harm the person, but never do anything that would harm them. Sometimes I'll instigate (if I really don't like them) in hopes they'll hit me or something so I can get them with assault.

That just sounds like something a 6 would do. I'm a thinker and I am known to do this as well.