• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Desperately Seeking TYpe

Alea_iacta_est

8's are extraverts I believe...

Introverted thinkers are more like 5's or 6's?

6w7 gives ISTP whereas 6w5 IxTJ?

Direct correlations between Enneagram and MBTI, while it would be helpful, are implausible due to empirical evidence that suggests that practically any JCF type can be any Enneagram type in one fashion or another.

yeghor

yes, they have a natural tendency to do that, but it's still a problem that they should get under control (that's part of what typology is about: realizing your natural tendencies and how they may sometimes not be the best way to think, behave or handle a situation)

Problem how?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8's are extraverts I believe...

Introverted thinkers are more like 5's or 6's?

6w7 gives ISTP whereas 6w5 IxTJ?

Well sure correlations, to some degree.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I'm getting quite an XNTJ vibe. Ni, Fi, and Te are all functions I spotted. This may be easier via video.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's your SLOAN result?

Global 5: sloan RLOEI; sloan+ x|L|oeI; primary Limbic; R(52%)L(82%)O(56%)E(66%)I(72%)

RLOEI

withdrawn, loner, moody,
dislikes crowds, avoidant, not big on fun, socially unskilled, not that interested in others, overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings frequently, depressed, requires lots of time alone to recharge, socially awkward, hard to get to know, feels defective, averse to change, low self confidence, dislikes small talk, dislikes touchy feely types, private, not prone to complimenting others, driven by own personal gain, pessimistic, self absorbed, indifferent to the feelings of others, does not easily forgive, inflexible, skeptical, embarrassed easily, tense, lower energy level,attracted to things associated with sadness, very suspicious of others, does not believe in human goodness, interested in intellectual pursuits, does not put the welfare of others ahead of self, lonely, not known for generosity, unadventurous, doubting, quick to judge others, discontent, hard to understand, wounded at the core, believes in a logical answer for everything, worrying, uncooperative, agnostic/atheist tendencies, has anxiety, not physically affectionate with most people, feels second place is not good enough, frustrated when people don't live up to expectations

Limbic
(14.3% of women; 6.6% of men)

easily hurt, does not keep emotions under control, envious, quick tempered, can't do anything when they don't feel good, emotional, bitter, attracted to things associated with sadness, has love/hate relationships with most things, sabotages self, more doubt than belief, thinks the world is a dangerous place, searches for identity, fears having no identity, suspicious of others, more past than future, desires security and support, fears being without guidance, familiar with the role of victim, hypersensitive, defensive, dependent on the support and nurturance of others, more feeling than doing, dislikes change, more likely to want a tattoo, can be hurtful, prefers to stick with things they know, wants to feel loved, fears being unwanted or unworthy of love, wants to enhance their self esteem, more likely to have taken anti depressants, prefers instant gratification, has trouble speaking when emotional

The bolded parts are what really resonated with me. Of course it could not be indictative of type but of some emotional disturb.

I'm getting quite an XNTJ vibe. Ni, Fi, and Te are all functions I spotted. This may be easier via video.

Video typing? Is this about visual identification?

Last edited:

Alea_iacta_est

[MENTION=21109]Look Alive_Sunshine[/MENTION], that SLOAN result roughly correlates to INTJ, but that is still dichotomy testing.

[MENTION=4894]animenagai[/MENTION] has stated that (s)he has seen Ni, Te, and Fi in your posts, so I'm going to ask you about how you operate as a person, your primary mode.

When engaging in a problem-solving scenario:

Do you immediately seem to zero-in on the most efficient way to solve a problem, ignoring all information that is irrelevant to solving the problem due to the fact that the excess information would make the problem-solving less efficient and still get to the same result anyhow?

or

Do you immediately seem to see several different ways to solve a problem, making sure to gather all information so that you can see if there are yet more ways to solve the problem that could be more efficient than the ways you have already seen?

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=21109]Look Alive_Sunshine[/MENTION], that SLOAN result roughly correlates to INTJ, but that is still dichotomy testing.

[MENTION=4894]animenagai[/MENTION] has stated that (s)he has seen Ni, Te, and Fi in your posts, so I'm going to ask you about how you operate as a person, your primary mode.

When engaging in a problem-solving scenario:

Do you immediately seem to zero-in on the most efficient way to solve a problem, ignoring all information that is irrelevant to solving the problem due to the fact that the excess information would make the problem-solving less efficient and still get to the same result anyhow?

or

Do you immediately seem to see several different ways to solve a problem, making sure to gather all information so that you can see if there are yet more ways to solve the problem that could be more efficient than the ways you have already seen?

Mostly the first case. Of course that if somebody points out some information I didn't take in account that makes my solution unviable I'll start to brainstorm.

Alea_iacta_est

Mostly the first case. Of course that if somebody points out some information I didn't take in account that makes my solution unviable I'll start to brainstorm.

Hmmm, that's utilization of Ni.

To make sure however, is it instantaneous, or do you have to decide between several different possibilities that you have conjured?

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmmm, that's utilization of Ni.

To make sure however, is it instantaneous, or do you have to decide between several different possibilities that you have conjured?

Sometimes different possibilities "pass" in front of me, really fast like I can almost see them, until it stops in front of one. Kinda like hitting jackpot.

Other times one single answer goes out of my mouth without any prior consideration, and I can't see why others haven't thought of it before.

Useless answer, no?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since I posted another questionary on another forum I think its only fair I post it here too:

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

At the moment I’m somewhat worried/stressed due to a health matter, but I’m not on medication. I’m a 23 year old female if that makes any difference.

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

As photography goes I didn’t like either of them, but I chose the first one. It contains elements that I like: the sea, aurora boreal and a sunset. I’d prefer if it were taken at night, but it still remembers me of my aspirations and my beliefs about life and the universe.

The second one is sterile and ill conceived.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

I’m headstrong, outspoken but reserved in private matters, direct and confrontational; extremely sensitive though I appear to be bulletproof, kind though ruthless, generous though self preserving.

I can appear quite serious and even humorless when preoccupied with something, but in reality I’m fun, free and even silly. I have trouble in forgiving myself for mistakes I made in the past but I have no problem in cutting people out of my life, even family members. Agnostic but very spirituality inclined.

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

I’d like to be a less procrastinating, paranoid, insecure version of myself. I never got to open up about a lot of things that happen in my childhood to anyone and I haven’t ever been quite myself since then. I often feel like I have another me trapped inside and that what strangers see of me is the opposite of who I am.

I’d never want to be a mindless minion like millions of people are. Incapable of independent thought, wandering through the world doing nothing but wreckage, waiting for death and dying without ever becoming a self realized individual. The amount of this kind of people overwhelms me more and more with time.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

Definitely. I think I kind of already answered this question before. What people don’t get about me it’s that I’m not the same person with everybody. My behavior can vary greatly depending on how comfortable and willing I am to be in said place and company, and weather I’m stressed or relaxed.

I’ll use my last studding experience to illustrate this. During the first semester and for about half of the second I was known as a “mystery”. I was very quit in general and I think they only took notice of me because I was brilliant, otherwise I’d be invisible. Little they knew I spent whole lessons making up nicknames for all of them with my classmate, analyzing the teachers and reading Harry Potter books under the table.

On the second semester we received a big project to work on, and soon I got a different name to go by: “Sergeant *****”. Most seemed surprised by my behavior but pleased to have someone to direct them as well. One funny episode was when one of my classmates emailed me her essay and when I opened up the attachment, it was all copied and pasted from Wikipedia. I saw red and forwarded an email to all members of the group, berating her attitude and letting it clear that if anyone else did something like that, I’d not only leave the group but would inform the head of our department as well. It seems hilarious now but it scared them back then.

When I met them for graduation celebrations they were all very surprised saying they never expected me to dance all night, joke around and even do imitations. I told them I was like that in private.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

#1: Honesty- I’ll take the truth at any cost.
#2: Courage- We must face our fears and conquer them.
#3: Effort- It’s more important than talent.
#4: Vision- Without it you’ll be just another Joe.
#5: Resilience- Biggest cliché but yes, we must be strong.
#6: Creativity- We must have a signature.
#7: Sensitivity- Care about other things but ourselves.
#8: Humility- Too much ego will kill our talent.
#9: Wisdom- It’s what helps us stay away from unnecessary evils and learn from our past.
#10: Cunning- Be always two steps ahead.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

This question is incredibly vague. Is it a positive new situation or a negative one?

Ok, let’s take a negative one: I once went to a job interview in my state capital, which I had never been to alone previously. I had to take the subway and two buses to get there. But once there I dropped at the wrong bus stop, got lost and took the wrong bus back to the center of the city. I had no money left for taking the subway back home. I had to ask for money from a stranger, saying I had been robbed.

That was a first in many ways; I had never been to the capital on my own, had never been to an important job interview before, had never got lost and had never had to ask for money. I felt humiliated but relieved coming back home.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I tend to exaggerate things, always going for the worst case scenery. I can become irascible and any attempt of lighting up the mood will only make me angrier. That’s in more serious cases, of course.

When it’s something that worries me but it’s not urgent I become very quiet and want to be left alone.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

When I’m enjoying myself I act inhibited and fearless. I don’t allow nothing or anyone to kill my vibe. I take things lightly and let my guard down a bit.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I hate socializing as an obligation. When I have to show up to something I rarely have fun. I can perform well but become resentful for wasting my time against my will.

I can have fun either alone, with just another person or in large groups. But to be honest I neither prefer a couple of close friends or a large group of acquaintances. As long as is good company I don’t really pick a number of people to spend time with. I just hate to be stuck with people I feel no connection with.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

Society is a necessary evil, and in its death bed as of now. I value politeness and decorum, but I hate most norms and I’m not a traditionalist. I think that social ranks should be irrelevant when deciding if a person is worthy of respect or not. I’m extremely pen minded so it’s hard to me to live in a world with so many racists, homophobes, classicists and people who don’t respect others who are challenged in any way.

Real human beings are naturally good and have pure spirits, but there aren’t many around anymore. And a part of the existing ones are still asleep. But I’ll never lose hope in humanity. I’m sure we’ll prevail come what may.

The rest is the rest and I have no care for them.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

Authority is irrelevant to me. I don’t trust it and very seldom respect it. Most people in control are either incompetent, corrupt or both. Titles mean absolutely nothing to me. I also hate the worshiping that goes around with people that are proclaimed authorities in some subject.

I don’t always challenge authority openly because that wouldn’t be smart, but as I said in the first questionary, I’m a secret rebel. I can spread my ideas behind the scenes and move some pieces to get the change in direction I aim for.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

Order and chaos are both natural in life. You can’t expect things to run smoothly all the time. In fact, people who do and can’t deal with a crisis irritate me. Order takes place in my life in the relationship area. I like well defined roles, as unorthodoxy as they may be. I also am for closure and frankness, there’s no place for mess and ambiguity in my personal life.

Chaos takes form in my financial and health area. Those have been unstable for years and it causes me a lot of on and off stress. But alas, it is what it is.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

I fear finding out I’m not good at things that matter the most to me. It scares me so much I often do nothing related to that dream, because I can’t bear the thought of not being made for it.

But I also fear never realizing my potential and ding a promise not fulfilled, so that’s my biggest dilemma. But right now I think I’m ready to give a big step in realizing my visions.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I desire to be recognized and respected in my field and to be in peace with myself. I also desire to live in a world that embraces all human beings with no discrimination, and that my loved ones are happy and safe.

The professional desires come from me; I didn’t grow up in an environment where people aspire to be the same thing or ever talked about it. I’ve always been open minded since I was a little kid, and my family grew and changed their views with me. And if you love someone you want the best for them, it’s only natural.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Singing, dancing, working on projects of my interest, researching things in depth, discussing interesting topics to me, coming up with theories for things and exploring places I like are highly energizing. I reckon it’s because those are my natural inclinations, so it’s effortless and enjoyable.

Doing chores, paperwork, waiting and listening to boring talk are the worst to me. It not only annoys me but also drains my energy. Stupid people also suck me dry.

16. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

As much as I know typology is a crawling baby, I think it knowing our type can really help a personal develop their strengths areas, work on their challenged ones and understand them. It’s basically very useful and I’m very interested in psychology as well, so it’s a win-win situation.

I’ve typed as ENTP for a year, then several different types for another, and lately it’s always INTJ. I know for sure what I am not, but can’t come to a conclusion about what I am. As for what type I’d like to be, that’s nonsensical to me. I wanna know the truth, whatever that is. I might be really surprised about what type I am, but not disappointed.

I’m a type 8w7 Sx/So/Sp. I’ve known it for years and never had reason to question it. I hated it for a while, but even then I knew it was true. Every time I tried to discuss my possible MBTI type people are adamant I have to be ESxP/ ENTx because they believe in matching Enneagram and MBTI, and God forbid you don’t fit in their system. If they only knew how stupid they sound.

I’ve done several cognitive functions tests and got different results in all of them. But here it is m last Keys 2 Cognition one:

extraverted Sensing (Se) *************************** (27)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) ********************* (21.6)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************************ (48.2)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************ (24.7)
average use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ********************** (22.5)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************************** (30.1)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******************** (20.8)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ********************************************* (45.1)
excellent use

17. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

I guess I’m just gonna ramble about things that pissed me off during my lurking time. I hate how so many people are both lazy and arrogant when it comes to typing others. Likes parties and is energetic? ESFP. Is artsy and sensitive? ISFP. Rude and physically inclined? ESTP. Brooding and highly intelligent? INTJ. Don’t even consider anything else.

Stereotypes do exist for a reason, but the fact that people are so careless in trusting them and so categorical about their misconceptions is both annoying and pathetic. How can they think so highly of their intelligence and still think that they can type someone in five minutes using that attitude is beyond me.

At the same time they claim to their labels because it gives them status in the forum. I’ve seen people saying “Of course so and so it’s right, he’s an xxxx!” here more times that I can count. Mostly it’s in the attitude assumed by others who put way too much weight into these four letters. Worshiping some types while depreciating others it’s nauseating.

Lastly I wanna thank each and everyone who read this and who takes their time to try and help sorting this out.

May the force be with you.

http://c84e75a0be4d36ae45af-2d30e5c...e_Sign_Star_Wars_T_Shirt_Print_301_323_76.jpg

You described yourself in very precise terms, and all in all, you come off as an ENTJ. However, your cognitive test result distracts me because I put a lot of faith in such data, and it appears to be way off the mark, so I'll just have to ignore it. You don't come across as an ENFP anyway.

I agree that the whole pretense at typing someone in 5 minutes is stupid. I think it's an attempt to make other typologists look stupid in comparison. I would rather take my time at it, maybe change my mind a couple times before settling on someone's type.

Alea_iacta_est

Sometimes different possibilities "pass" in front of me, really fast like I can almost see them, until it stops in front of one. Kinda like hitting jackpot.

Other times one single answer goes out of my mouth without any prior consideration, and I can't see why others haven't thought of it before.

Useless answer, no?

Yeah, it doesn't really help at all, though if we were to base this off of personal experience, I have experienced "different possibilities pass in front of me" and then snapping to the most efficient way, but this makes the assumption that my type is indeed correct, which while it probably is, is at the same time making an assumption nonetheless.

Here are some probable questions that might help me more,

Do you tend to delay decisions until you have every piece of information there is to make it, or do you tend to make decisions immediately and with ease without necessarily scrutinizing every piece of information?*

Do you always tend to plan out future conversations so that you can be prepared for them when they arise and certain counterarguments are posed?

Is your operating mode more like a implosion, with the reduction of information to its most basic, general component, or more like an explosion, with the expansion of information to discover new connections and ideas through its uncontrollable nature?

At the time being, I believe you to be of the NT temperament and an irrational type (ENTP or INTJ).

*Clarification: external information

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You described yourself in very precise terms, and all in all, you come off as an ENTJ. However, your cognitive test result distracts me because I put a lot of faith in such data, and it appears to be way off the mark, so I'll just have to ignore it. You don't come across as an ENFP anyway.

I agree that the whole pretense at typing someone in 5 minutes is stupid. I think it's an attempt to make other typologists look stupid in comparison. I would rather take my time at it, maybe change my mind a couple times before settling on someone's type.

My cognitive results were always out of line with what I've typed as at the time.

Yeah, it doesn't really help at all, though if we were to base this off of personal experience, I have experienced "different possibilities pass in front of me" and then snapping to the most efficient way, but this makes the assumption that my type is indeed correct, which while it probably is, is at the same time making an assumption nonetheless.

Here are some probable questions that might help me more,

Do you tend to delay decisions until you have every piece of information there is to make it, or do you tend to make decisions immediately and with ease without necessarily scrutinizing every piece of information?*

Do you always tend to plan out future conversations so that you can be prepared for them when they arise and certain counterarguments are posed?

Is your operating mode more like a implosion, with the reduction of information to its most basic, general component, or more like an explosion, with the expansion of information to discover new connections and ideas through its uncontrollable nature?

At the time being, I believe you to be of the NT temperament and an irrational type (ENTP or INTJ).

*Clarification: external information

1) Important decisions are always throught researched. I keep on asking myself "what if...?". One example is my MBTI type. When I first joined a forum I tried to lock it down in two days so I could have my type written beneath m name, but found myself changing it almost evreyday the more I learned, it made me feel like a fraud so I try to avoid making the same mistake again.

2) Definitely. I'm always relived when they come up naturally and I don't have to start them, though.

3) At first I try and gather every piece of info I can put my hands on, but as I read trough it and entertain different thoughts they get discarded along the way in m serach for the thing/person's core. "The bottom line is..." is how I think. My biggest area of interest when analizing is human behavior and why people act the way they do. "What moves x?", "what makes x tick?", 'what is the relation between a and b?"?

As much as I believe there are different readings of things and people, there is always the most accurate one. And I'm driven to find it. I hate when people act as if evrything there is in the world are opinons, and nothing is a fact.

Alea_iacta_est

My cognitive results were always out of line with what I've typed as at the time.

1) Important decisions are always throught researched. I keep on asking myself "what if...?". One example is my MBTI type. When I first joined a forum I tried to lock it down in two days so I could have my type written beneath m name, but found myself changing it almost evreyday the more I learned, it made me feel like a fraud so I try to avoid making the same mistake again.

2) Definitely. I'm always relived when they come up naturally and I don't have to start them, though.

3) At first I try and gather every piece of info I can put my hands on, but as I read trough it and entertain different thoughts they get discarded along the way in m serach for the thing/person's core. "The bottom line is..." is how I think. My biggest area of interest when analizing is human behavior and why people act the way they do. "What moves x?", "what makes x tick?", 'what is the relation between a and b?"?

As much as I believe there are different readings of things and people, there is always the most accurate one. And I'm driven to find it. I hate when people act as if evrything there is in the world are opinons, and nothing is a fact.

Interesting, I can't discern what attitude of intuition is preferred (Ni or Ne).

One final attempt:

Do you see the relationships between objects in the external world, how several objects work together, as a combined unit, and perceive things sort of analogically, predominately,

or

Do you see the dynamic possibilities of where an object might have came from, where it might be going, and what the most basic component is of the object?

Apologies for the somewhat vague questions I have been positing, I can't seem to produce specific examples right now.

EDIT: Just synthesized a potentially promising question, so if you wouldn't mind, could you answer it?

Do you perceive the world in terms of probabilities, or possibilities?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just lucky to get the time of day from an 8w7.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By the way, "Mal" doesn't mean "bad."

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Video typing? Is this about visual identification?

Not so much. It's easier for us to grasp your mental processes when we see you answer things on the fly. Ne for example is often quite obvious in the flesh.

Edit: Oh I guess that depends on what you mean by 'visual identification'. If you're asking me if I'm looking for an Ni glass stare or something (which is what I initially assumed), then no.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you perceive the world in terms of probabilities, or possibilities?

Hm, is the former Ni and the latter Ne?

I've seen some ENTP talking about perceiving the world in terms of probabilites.

Alea_iacta_est

Hm, is the former Ni and the latter Ne?

I've seen some ENTP talking about perceiving the world in terms of probabilites.

Yes. Ne-valuing types would perceive the world by everything that is possible (accounting for everything). Ni-valuing types, in contrast, would perceive the world in what is feasible, or probable (zeroing in on the most efficient path). Both Ni and Ne leads would be adept at perceiving the world through both lenses, but they default to their specific one.