• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Desperately Seeking TYpe

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is part of the reason I want to consider this possibillity. I am an Fe dom, and I am not driven to please others for the sake of. I do care about their being social harmony. In the sense that I want people to be working well together, there to be minimal fighting and whatnot. Why? Because this is efficient. Having discord creates problems. I don't really go out of my way to create harmony unless I am forced to. It sort of just happens on its own. I don't have to think much about it. Mind you that's influenced a bit by my Ni to why it "just happens". As I said, Fe isn't a fluffy giving bunny, and if you're an 8 then it absolutely isn't going to do that. You expect others to pull their own weight. 8 can also color things to look very Te, and it very well could be influencing this if you are in fact Fe-dom (again, I want to see what others think before I lock onto it for good).

When I say "at peace", I more meant you're able to let go of things when the time comes for it. You definitely have a great deal of intensity and drive, but I don't see you as locking onto it for the sake of locking onto it like a lot of 8's tend to do.

Can't say I disagree with anything. I definitely can't stand having personal issues hurting the working dynamic. When people let private issues influence their work and affect others I lose all respect. All I can think is "Get yourself together!".

Good point about letting go, I often find myself advising others to.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You speak with too much conviction...That's Ti-dom...If you can detach from your ideas, you'll be less sensitive about them being rejected by others and will be more receptive to other people's ideas and thoughts...

I'm not sensitive at all about them being rejected, as long as the person doing the rejecting has a repectable basis for it. I'm not butthurt.

There's some cockiness and haughtiness in your manners...that's Se-aux... (Why were you irritated by people offering typings in your earlier post by the way?)

I wasn't irritated by them offering typings, why would I be here if I were? It'd be nonsensical.

I was put off by the manner the did it.

Please, make sure to apply these criteria to yourself as well...

Is this supossed to imply I'm not nice?

This I cannot make sense of... Assuming that your persona that you use to interact with the world is ISTP (Ti-Se), my personal theory would suggest that your desired (inner) self would be an ESTJ...like a military commander...there's not correlation between it and a popstar...

Thank you for the info you provided... My "guess" is ISTP... Your enneagram typing doesn't align with this MBTI type though I guess...

Military commander would be an ENTJ.

Thank you for your input.

á´…eparted

passages
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]'s Fe argument arises out of the ENTP's tertiary function, Fe, which in the ENTP refines Ne (Dominant-Tertiary interactions) and represents your "inner child" (Beebe Model of the 8 Functions Archetypes).

The reason I don't see her as an Ne dom is she just doesn't seem so apt to seek and cause the "emmergence" that Ne often imparts. That said, I really just don't get Ne (it's the bottom of the barrel function for me), so when someone uses Ne in a way that seems rather orderly, I wonder if it really is Ne.
[MENTION=21109]Look Alive_Sunshine[/MENTION] this will help clear this up for me.

How comfortable are you with the concept of uncertainty? Pretty much everyone dislikes it. If it does, why does it bother you, and how do you go about dealing with it?

Do you find openendedness as a good thing that you want to involve yourself with? If so, what is the drive for involving with it.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I put forth ENTP (Ne - Ti - Fe - Si).

Entertaining multiple possibilities is the foundation of extroverted intuition. The fact that you are presenting multiple fronts to your own understanding of whether or not you are an irrational/rational type (the question that I just asked you) details your ability to see things in different perspectives while preserving the sanctity of both paths.

[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]'s Fe argument arises out of the ENTP's tertiary function, Fe, which in the ENTP refines Ne (Dominant-Tertiary interactions) and represents your "inner child" (Beebe Model of the 8 Functions Archetypes).

Also, while people associate Enneagram 8 with extroverted thinking and extroverted sensing, the traditional Enneagram 8 was associated with extroverted intuition (I think Naranjo detailed this?).

ENTP...that would mean I've come full circle. You know I got ENTP in every single test I did three years ago, and all I've read sounded almost irritantly accurate. I started to doubt my type once I joined a typing forum for the first time and hated every ENTP I came across. I just couldn't see myself as being the same type. Of course, it could be for a number of reasons. The could be any other type posing as ENTP and/or me rejecting aspects of me I didn't like.

Alea_iacta_est

The reason I don't see her as an Ne dom is she just doesn't seem so apt to seek and cause the "emmergence" that Ne often imparts. That said, I really just don't get Ne (it's the bottom of the barrel function for me), so when someone uses Ne in a way that seems rather orderly, I wonder if it really is Ne.

[MENTION=21109]Look Alive_Sunshine[/MENTION] this will help clear this up for me.

How comfortable are you with the concept of uncertainty? Pretty much everyone dislikes it. If it does, why does it bother you, and how do you go about dealing with it?

Do you find openendedness as a good thing that you want to involve yourself with? If so, what is the drive for involving with it.

Then it might stand to reason that OP is actually an INTP and that the Ne interaction I had just evidenced was the utilization of Ne through the auxiliary function (which if we were to create a metaphor for the difference between the two, the dominant function would use Ne like a swiss army knife for multiple things while the auxiliary function would use Ne like a regular knife to simply cut things). I leaned more with the ENTP perspective however due to NT-ish attitude accompanied by utilization of some Fe.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What is this "emmergence" you speak of?

I hate it and will reject it/them. I preffer not to deal with things/people I can't count on. If it's a thing, I'll have a second option at hand. I always have a Plan B. And C. And D.

If it's a person, I cut them out. No need for flaky people.

Openess in what sense? Emotional?

Alea_iacta_est

ENTP...that would mean I've come full circle. You know I got ENTP in every single test I did three years ago, and all I've read sounded almost irritantly accurate. I started to doubt my type once I joined a typing forum for the first time and hated every ENTP I came across. I just couldn't see myself as being the same type. Of course, it could be for a number of reasons. The could be any other type posing as ENTP and/or me rejecting aspects of me I didn't like.

Some ENTPs are boisterous and sanguinely energetic, while other ENTPs are more reserved and serious (and thus probably developing their Ti more).

á´…eparted

passages
Then it might stand to reason that OP is actually an INTP and that the Ne interaction I had just evidenced was the utilization of Ne through the auxiliary function (which if we were to create a metaphor for the difference between the two, the dominant function would use Ne like a swiss army knife for multiple things while the auxiliary function would use Ne like a regular knife to simply cut things). I leaned more with the ENTP perspective however due to NT-ish attitude accompanied by utilization of some Fe.

I can't see INTP at all, due to how much Fe related stuff appears. I don't see introvert period.

ENTP can work. Considering how much it has appeared for her over the years, there's got to be something to it then. If she is, then she is just a very very well adapted ENTP which is quite wonderful.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My mom's an INTP. We are alike in many ways, but starkly different in others.

yeghor

I'm not sensitive at all about them being rejected, as long as the person doing the rejecting has a repectable basis for it. I'm not butthurt.

What do you think about the other person if (s)he rejects it without a proper logical justification...? I bet you get irritated and think lowly of them like "(s)he's a frikkin idiot" or something similar...

I believe this happens to me frequently with Ti-doms in the forum when I make assumptions about subjects at hand using Ni...i.e. when I go outside the bounds of Ti knowledge....

I was put off by the manner the did it.

What was wrong in the manner? Weren't some of them justifying their deductions?

Is this supossed to imply I'm not nice?

I got the impression that you expect others to adapt to you (like they have to be not boring, nice and funny)... That has to work both ways...

Military commander would be an ENTJ.

I believe ENTJ would be a ruler or in the worst case a dictator...

Thank you for your input.

No probs...

á´…eparted

passages
What is this "emmergence" you speak of?

I hate it and will reject it/them. I preffer not to deal with things/people I can't count on. If it's a thing, I'll have a second option at hand. I always have a Plan B. And C. And D.

If it's a person, I cut them out. No need for flaky people.

Openess in what sense? Emotional?

Having lots of backup plans is more indictive towards ENTP (very common feature).

When I say openendedness I mean plans, contingencies. Meaning having nothing pinned down and having to work with that and tackle it.

Alea_iacta_est

My mom's an INTP. We are alike in many ways, but starkly different in others.

Which would constitute mirror relations in Socionics (INTj - ENTp interaction). It would seem like you operate the same on the surface when really you operate backwards from each other. The ENTp operates with the Ne-Ti mechanism, seeing the different possibilities and then refining them and building the system while the INTj operates with the Ti-Ne mechanism, designing the theoretical system first and then exploring possibilities based solely on that framework (also why the INTP in Socionics is a judging, rational type, the INTj, and the ENTp is an irrational type).

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some ENTPs are boisterous and sanguinely energetic, while other ENTPs are more reserved and serious (and thus probably developing their Ti more).

I just can't with the boasting and general "I AM AWESOME!" attitude. That and the cringing tries at being witty when they just sound desperate, it's revolting.

I can't see INTP at all, due to how much Fe related stuff appears. I don't see introvert period.

ENTP can work. Considering how much it has appeared for her over the years, there's got to be something to it then. If she is, then she is just a very very well adapted ENTP which is quite wonderful.

Well, well, well. Fe strikes again. I honestly feel about it the same way you do about Ne: I don't get it.

á´…eparted

passages
I think this is worth mentioning as well. I thought I was an INFJ for 9 years. 9 freaking years. It took a long time for me to come into myself and grow as a person enough to realize who I am. I also had considered INTJ for several months too. I hadn't even entertained the possibility of extrovert before. It wasn't until I did, looked into it, and listened to the thoughts of others, and deciding what fit best that I figured out my type. Once I sat with it for a while, it started to lock into place and I knew it was right.

Try on ENTP for a while. Say that it's you, and see how things pan out. If something seems a miss after like a month or so, come back to it and keep trying. Things start to become clear once you slap a label on yourself, and seeing if it really stays on. As annoying as it is, typing can be a very very long process for some people. You will definitely figure it out. Who knows, this could be the thread that figures it out for you as well :).

á´…eparted

passages
I just can't with the boasting and general "I AM AWESOME!" attitude. That and the cringing tries at being witty when they just sound desperate, it's revolting.

Well, well, well. Fe strikes again. I honestly feel about it the same way you do about Ne: I don't get it.

The whole "I AM AWESOME" is a stereotype, not all ENTP's are going to be like that. It can be a bit challenging, but one has to try and ignore the stereotypes. Most will fit most of them, but not everyone ;).

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No :cry:

Funny you've been typed istp in this thread, Look Alive_Sunshine. I typed entp when I first started.

Oh, really...

What do you think about the other person if (s)he rejects it without a proper logical justification...? I bet you get irritated and think lowly of them like "(s)he's a frikkin idiot" or something similar...

I believe this happens to me frequently with Ti-doms in the forum when I make assumptions about subjects at hand using Ni...i.e. when I go outside the bounds of Ti knowledge....

If you reject it without a reasoning behind it you are an idiot. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Or when you just make leaps of judgement with nothing palpable to back you up. Ti wants logic and info.

What was wrong in the manner? Weren't some of them justifying their deductions?

Deduction it's the keyword.

I got the impression that you expect others to adapt to you (like they have to be not boring, nice and funny)... That has to work both ways...

I never got complains.

I believe ENTJ would be a ruler or in the worst case a dictator...

ENTJs have the Fieldmarsher title.

yeghor

Oh, really...

If you reject it without a reasoning behind it you are an idiot. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Or when you just make leaps of judgement with nothing palpable to back you up. Ti wants logic and info.

Deduction it's the keyword.

I never got complains.

ENTJs have the Fieldmarsher title.

But "leaps of judgement" is what Ni is really about...:)

Don't hate Ni-ers when they do that... Try asking them questions for clarification... Thru that, Ni-ers can reverse engineer their conclusions...and identify whether they hold water or not...

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Having lots of backup plans is more indictive towards ENTP (very common feature).

When I say openendedness I mean plans, contingencies. Meaning having nothing pinned down and having to work with that and tackle it.

It'd be stressful. But in the right company, I guess I could make it. It is what it is.

Which would constitute mirror relations in Socionics (INTj - ENTp interaction). It would seem like you operate the same on the surface when really you operate backwards from each other. The ENTp operates with the Ne-Ti mechanism, seeing the different possibilities and then refining them and building the system while the INTj operates with the Ti-Ne mechanism, designing the theoretical system first and then exploring possibilities based solely on that framework (also why the INTP in Socionics is a judging, rational type, the INTj, and the ENTp is an irrational type).

Socionis INTj is MBTI INTP?