User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 116

  1. #41
    Senior Member HBIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    This is part of the reason I want to consider this possibillity. I am an Fe dom, and I am not driven to please others for the sake of. I do care about their being social harmony. In the sense that I want people to be working well together, there to be minimal fighting and whatnot. Why? Because this is efficient. Having discord creates problems. I don't really go out of my way to create harmony unless I am forced to. It sort of just happens on its own. I don't have to think much about it. Mind you that's influenced a bit by my Ni to why it "just happens". As I said, Fe isn't a fluffy giving bunny, and if you're an 8 then it absolutely isn't going to do that. You expect others to pull their own weight. 8 can also color things to look very Te, and it very well could be influencing this if you are in fact Fe-dom (again, I want to see what others think before I lock onto it for good).

    When I say "at peace", I more meant you're able to let go of things when the time comes for it. You definitely have a great deal of intensity and drive, but I don't see you as locking onto it for the sake of locking onto it like a lot of 8's tend to do.
    Can't say I disagree with anything. I definitely can't stand having personal issues hurting the working dynamic. When people let private issues influence their work and affect others I lose all respect. All I can think is "Get yourself together!".

    Good point about letting go, I often find myself advising others to.

  2. #42
    Senior Member HBIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    You speak with too much conviction...That's Ti-dom...If you can detach from your ideas, you'll be less sensitive about them being rejected by others and will be more receptive to other people's ideas and thoughts...
    I'm not sensitive at all about them being rejected, as long as the person doing the rejecting has a repectable basis for it. I'm not butthurt.

    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    There's some cockiness and haughtiness in your manners...that's Se-aux... (Why were you irritated by people offering typings in your earlier post by the way?)
    I wasn't irritated by them offering typings, why would I be here if I were? It'd be nonsensical.

    I was put off by the manner the did it.


    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    Please, make sure to apply these criteria to yourself as well...
    Is this supossed to imply I'm not nice?


    Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    This I cannot make sense of... Assuming that your persona that you use to interact with the world is ISTP (Ti-Se), my personal theory would suggest that your desired (inner) self would be an ESTJ...like a military commander...there's not correlation between it and a popstar...

    Thank you for the info you provided... My "guess" is ISTP... Your enneagram typing doesn't align with this MBTI type though I guess...
    Military commander would be an ENTJ.

    Thank you for your input.

  3. #43
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    @Hard's Fe argument arises out of the ENTP's tertiary function, Fe, which in the ENTP refines Ne (Dominant-Tertiary interactions) and represents your "inner child" (Beebe Model of the 8 Functions Archetypes).
    The reason I don't see her as an Ne dom is she just doesn't seem so apt to seek and cause the "emmergence" that Ne often imparts. That said, I really just don't get Ne (it's the bottom of the barrel function for me), so when someone uses Ne in a way that seems rather orderly, I wonder if it really is Ne.

    @Look Alive_Sunshine this will help clear this up for me.

    How comfortable are you with the concept of uncertainty? Pretty much everyone dislikes it. If it does, why does it bother you, and how do you go about dealing with it?

    Do you find openendedness as a good thing that you want to involve yourself with? If so, what is the drive for involving with it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  4. #44
    Senior Member HBIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    I put forth ENTP (Ne - Ti - Fe - Si).

    Entertaining multiple possibilities is the foundation of extroverted intuition. The fact that you are presenting multiple fronts to your own understanding of whether or not you are an irrational/rational type (the question that I just asked you) details your ability to see things in different perspectives while preserving the sanctity of both paths.

    @Hard's Fe argument arises out of the ENTP's tertiary function, Fe, which in the ENTP refines Ne (Dominant-Tertiary interactions) and represents your "inner child" (Beebe Model of the 8 Functions Archetypes).

    Also, while people associate Enneagram 8 with extroverted thinking and extroverted sensing, the traditional Enneagram 8 was associated with extroverted intuition (I think Naranjo detailed this?).
    ENTP...that would mean I've come full circle. You know I got ENTP in every single test I did three years ago, and all I've read sounded almost irritantly accurate. I started to doubt my type once I joined a typing forum for the first time and hated every ENTP I came across. I just couldn't see myself as being the same type. Of course, it could be for a number of reasons. The could be any other type posing as ENTP and/or me rejecting aspects of me I didn't like.

  5. #45
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    The reason I don't see her as an Ne dom is she just doesn't seem so apt to seek and cause the "emmergence" that Ne often imparts. That said, I really just don't get Ne (it's the bottom of the barrel function for me), so when someone uses Ne in a way that seems rather orderly, I wonder if it really is Ne.

    @Look Alive_Sunshine this will help clear this up for me.

    How comfortable are you with the concept of uncertainty? Pretty much everyone dislikes it. If it does, why does it bother you, and how do you go about dealing with it?

    Do you find openendedness as a good thing that you want to involve yourself with? If so, what is the drive for involving with it.
    Then it might stand to reason that OP is actually an INTP and that the Ne interaction I had just evidenced was the utilization of Ne through the auxiliary function (which if we were to create a metaphor for the difference between the two, the dominant function would use Ne like a swiss army knife for multiple things while the auxiliary function would use Ne like a regular knife to simply cut things). I leaned more with the ENTP perspective however due to NT-ish attitude accompanied by utilization of some Fe.

  6. #46
    Senior Member HBIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    The reason I don't see her as an Ne dom is she just doesn't seem so apt to seek and cause the "emmergence" that Ne often imparts. That said, I really just don't get Ne (it's the bottom of the barrel function for me), so when someone uses Ne in a way that seems rather orderly, I wonder if it really is Ne.

    @Look Alive_Sunshine this will help clear this up for me.

    How comfortable are you with the concept of uncertainty? Pretty much everyone dislikes it. If it does, why does it bother you, and how do you go about dealing with it?

    Do you find openendedness as a good thing that you want to involve yourself with? If so, what is the drive for involving with it.
    What is this "emmergence" you speak of?

    I hate it and will reject it/them. I preffer not to deal with things/people I can't count on. If it's a thing, I'll have a second option at hand. I always have a Plan B. And C. And D.

    If it's a person, I cut them out. No need for flaky people.

    Openess in what sense? Emotional?

  7. #47
    Senior Member Alea_iacta_est's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Look Alive_Sunshine View Post
    ENTP...that would mean I've come full circle. You know I got ENTP in every single test I did three years ago, and all I've read sounded almost irritantly accurate. I started to doubt my type once I joined a typing forum for the first time and hated every ENTP I came across. I just couldn't see myself as being the same type. Of course, it could be for a number of reasons. The could be any other type posing as ENTP and/or me rejecting aspects of me I didn't like.
    Some ENTPs are boisterous and sanguinely energetic, while other ENTPs are more reserved and serious (and thus probably developing their Ti more).

  8. #48
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Then it might stand to reason that OP is actually an INTP and that the Ne interaction I had just evidenced was the utilization of Ne through the auxiliary function (which if we were to create a metaphor for the difference between the two, the dominant function would use Ne like a swiss army knife for multiple things while the auxiliary function would use Ne like a regular knife to simply cut things). I leaned more with the ENTP perspective however due to NT-ish attitude accompanied by utilization of some Fe.
    I can't see INTP at all, due to how much Fe related stuff appears. I don't see introvert period.

    ENTP can work. Considering how much it has appeared for her over the years, there's got to be something to it then. If she is, then she is just a very very well adapted ENTP which is quite wonderful.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  9. #49
    Senior Member HBIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLE Se
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Then it might stand to reason that OP is actually an INTP and that the Ne interaction I had just evidenced was the utilization of Ne through the auxiliary function (which if we were to create a metaphor for the difference between the two, the dominant function would use Ne like a swiss army knife for multiple things while the auxiliary function would use Ne like a regular knife to simply cut things). I leaned more with the ENTP perspective however due to NT-ish attitude accompanied by utilization of some Fe.
    My mom's an INTP. We are alike in many ways, but starkly different in others.

  10. #50
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Entertaining multiple possibilities is the foundation of extroverted intuition.
    No

    Funny you've been typed istp in this thread, Look Alive_Sunshine. I typed entp when I first started.

Similar Threads

  1. Which type is most likely to seek these career's in life?
    By surfing_usa_timez in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-11-2013, 11:14 AM
  2. Greetings all! Confused type seeking clarification!
    By ChocolateYoda in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 04:30 PM
  3. Seeking help with wing type.
    By Rhath89 in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 01:41 AM
  4. Desperately seeking career change
    By Walking Tourist in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
  5. Desperate about finding my boyfriend's type :(....
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-15-2009, 04:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO